(2010-01-09 14:59:00) Igor: reminder (14:59:00): almost time to start – I’ll start the log
(2010-01-09 14:59:17) Papaganoush: so looks like another small group
15:00
(2010-01-09 15:00:23) Papaganoush: I hope you all have a lot to say on the subject :)
(2010-01-09 15:00:41) Papaganoush: So welcome again to the game farm death spiral chat
(2010-01-09 15:01:05) charl: Thank you. It’s a pleasure to be here.
(2010-01-09 15:01:24) Papaganoush: so death spirals – here we go
(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: In Fudge the death spiral is quite severe. -1 and -2 penalties are in many cases prohibitive. Fate lessens this by reducing the duration of the penalty.
(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: Rolemaster has a skill advancement mechanic where after a certain rank raising a skill becomes prohibitive. but I am not sure if it qualifies as a death spiral.
(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: Dungeons and Dragons v3.5 has no death spiral, but version 4e has a reverse spiral. at half you hit points you get a specific combat advantage!
(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: I have never played call of cthulhu but I have been regaled with tales of the insanity spiral. And Don’t rest your head has a nasty spiral of its own. Ken Hite says that Don’t Rest Your Head “Makes the Call of Cthulhu sanity death spiral look like a handful of baby asprin[sic].”
(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: Even Shotgun Diaries has a spiral with fear dice. As you get more fear dice you are more likely to cause more fear checks leading to the acquisition of more fear dice.
(2010-01-09 15:03:35) Papaganoush: before I lay out my personal opinions I’ll invite anyone to voice any other spiral examples or opinons
(2010-01-09 15:04:02) charl: IIRC unknown armies has a similar mechanic.
(2010-01-09 15:04:03) thedeadone: I believe CoC, the insanity spiral is intentionally and in keeping with the source
(2010-01-09 15:04:39) charl: I know of some games that use bleeding rules that cradually make you weaker as well, though the only example I can think of is a Swedish cyperpunk RPG called Neotech.
(2010-01-09 15:04:58) Papaganoush: yes – unknown armies I had forgotten, as does truth and justice and other PDQ/PDQ# games
15:05
(2010-01-09 15:05:22) thedeadone: I believe Riddle of Steal using bleeding like that
(2010-01-09 15:05:31) Papaganoush: bleeding effect! another one I had missed. dark conspiracies has a bleeding effect
(2010-01-09 15:05:39) charl: Doesn’t GURPS also have a death spiral?
(2010-01-09 15:06:19) Papaganoush: I am not familiar enough with GURPS to say
(2010-01-09 15:06:59) Papaganoush: what about storyteller? anyone know that system enough to offer an opinion?
(2010-01-09 15:07:05) charl: Yes.
(2010-01-09 15:07:21) charl: It doesn’t have a death spiral.
(2010-01-09 15:07:30) thedeadone: Yes, I’d agree.
(2010-01-09 15:07:52) charl: Which is actually quite weird for a game that is self-proclaimed as dark and gritty.
(2010-01-09 15:07:53) thedeadone: Except for perhaps “Humanity” in Vampire WOD 1.0 maybe?
(2010-01-09 15:08:02) charl: Well, there is a sanity spiral.
(2010-01-09 15:08:10) charl: Or a morality spiral more like it.
(2010-01-09 15:08:20) Papaganoush: so it seems that the effect is quite prevalent in many game systems across many genres.
ChanServ charl
(2010-01-09 15:08:35) thedeadone: Yea but it’s more, it’s hard to get back, but it doesn’t mean its easier to lose more
(2010-01-09 15:08:43) Arle [~Mizu@OWIRCN-7362db45.sd.cox.net] entered the room.
(2010-01-09 15:08:54) charl: I disagree. It’s quite easy to lose morality.
(2010-01-09 15:09:33) thedeadone: But it doesn’t become easier to lose morality as you go along? I’m not as familiar with WOD 2.0 as WOD 1.0.
(2010-01-09 15:09:49) charl: I think it gets harder actually.
(2010-01-09 15:09:54) charl: On a mechanical level anyway.
15:10
(2010-01-09 15:10:08) Papaganoush: so that would be a reverse spiral as I defined it above
(2010-01-09 15:10:08) thedeadone: With humanity, the less you have, the more depraved you are and the easier it is to do bad things and you have to do really really bad things to lose more
(2010-01-09 15:10:33) charl: Yes, but it also gets harder to reclaim your lost morality.
(2010-01-09 15:11:09) thedeadone: Yes, like Willpower and so on. But that’s not a spiral per say. You lose it, but you don’t necessarly find yourself slipping towards the inevitable….
(2010-01-09 15:11:29) charl: Well that’s true.
(2010-01-09 15:11:57) charl: And the loss of morality is a pure roleplaying issue anyway, rather than a mechanical effect of combat or similar.
(2010-01-09 15:12:03) Papaganoush: sort of like the rolemaster skill system. logarithmic but not a spiral
(2010-01-09 15:12:25) Arle left the room (quit: Quit: Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak).
(2010-01-09 15:12:42) thedeadone: Thats interesting actually, the “spiral” is inherent in the story/roleplaying for WOD, more like a meta-spiral! :)
(2010-01-09 15:12:48) charl: Yeah.
(2010-01-09 15:13:22) Papaganoush: so for a spiral to be a spiral does it have to have the “slippery slope” feel/effect?
(2010-01-09 15:14:26) thedeadone: I think so.
(2010-01-09 15:14:38) charl: I agree.
(2010-01-09 15:14:39) Papaganoush: I do as well
15:15
(2010-01-09 15:15:01) Papaganoush: so there must be an element of danger associated with a spiral
(2010-01-09 15:15:41) Papaganoush: charl you mentioned gritty earlier (and I am glad you did) – that is one of the main advertised benefits of a death spiral. realism, gritty, hard hitting…
(2010-01-09 15:16:11) Papaganoush: does the danger aspect tie into that realism aspect?
(2010-01-09 15:16:42) thedeadone: Well if the mechanic has not tangiable threat, it’ll be ignore
(2010-01-09 15:16:45) charl: In a way, yes. Though one shouldn’t confuse realism with complexity.
(2010-01-09 15:17:16) Papaganoush: what do you mean charl?
(2010-01-09 15:17:23) Papaganoush: I agree thedeadone
(2010-01-09 15:17:51) charl: Well I have played systems that come with very detailed and long sets of tables for wounds in combat, that each have a listed penalty.
(2010-01-09 15:18:38) charl: Above mentioned neotech for example has pages of tables that you roll against every time you get harmed to see what kind of wound you suffer. It is detailed enough to tell you wether that blow to the lower abdomen hit your liver or your left kidney.
(2010-01-09 15:19:22) Papaganoush: so a complex damage system does not necessarily represent a realistic damage system, and a complex system is not automatically a spiral system
(2010-01-09 15:19:28) charl: And whether the organ was punctured or just crushed or bruised and how much internal bleeding you get from the wound and what that means in in-game penalties.
15:20
(2010-01-09 15:20:00) Igor: reminder (15:20:00): oh no! you have been injured -1 to all rolls to hit and for damage!
(2010-01-09 15:20:29) Papaganoush: that brings me to the rolemaster damage system. heavily critical based – but does it create a spiral?
(2010-01-09 15:20:49) charl: I’m not familiar with rolemaster.
(2010-01-09 15:20:52) thedeadone: I’m not familar with rolemaster?
(2010-01-09 15:21:08) Papaganoush: effects of critical make you more likely to get more criticals but the criticals are random
(2010-01-09 15:22:37) Papaganoush: how predictable does an effect have to be to qualify for a spiral effect?
(2010-01-09 15:23:13) Papaganoush: I can ask the question in fudge terms. does fudge have a damage spiral?
(2010-01-09 15:24:00) charl: I would say yes.
(2010-01-09 15:24:20) charl: Getting hurt makes it harder for you to fight back against more hurt.
(2010-01-09 15:24:21) Papaganoush: and does fate? fudge has a massive predictable effect -1 to all rolls, fate has a massive effect -1 but it is unpredictable the player decides when the -1 is applied
15:25
(2010-01-09 15:25:55) charl: I’m not that familiar with fate, but it strikes me that whether that is appropriate or not would depend a lot on what kind of feeling you are aiming for.
(2010-01-09 15:26:19) Papaganoush: rolemaster on the other hand has a predictable but minor effect. you might suffer a 1 to 3% reduction in effective defense
(2010-01-09 15:26:45) thedeadone: I’ve yet to play SOTC (a fate game) but that is intended to be “pulp-action” so I’d imagine a death-spirial might be inappropaite
(2010-01-09 15:27:35) charl: Yeah. Wouldn’t fit for that genre at all.
(2010-01-09 15:27:46) Papaganoush: I’ll come back to my question later I want to follow this feel/genre path
(2010-01-09 15:28:10) thedeadone: I guess your also talking about the difference between a spirial mechanic or a that a spirial “feel”
(2010-01-09 15:29:05) Papaganoush: so what is that spiral feel? and is there an anti-spiral feel?
(2010-01-09 15:29:38) charl: Well you mentioned DnD4.
(2010-01-09 15:29:45) WarLord [~WarLord@48DFF2.199311.CA8536.6482F3] entered the room.
15:30
(2010-01-09 15:30:11) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion in a pulp genre, and in most other genres also, you want to create the feeling of falling into a spiral, but then saving it at the last moment
(2010-01-09 15:30:22) MaxwellSmart: but it’s hard to do mechanically
(2010-01-09 15:30:34) Papaganoush: @MaxwellSmart great point
(2010-01-09 15:30:36) thedeadone: The “anti-spirial” thing sounds really counter-productive… why would you want a trait that as it got damaged or lost, made it *easier* on the player? It serves not thematic or other function…
(2010-01-09 15:30:53) charl: It has a decidedly anti-spiral feel. As you said you even get a bonus for fighting damaged. Which is perfectly fine for the genre, but since DnD focuses so much on mechanics there is actually an incentive for a combat-oriented tough character to inflict damage to himself before combat in order to get the bonus.
(2010-01-09 15:31:26) WarLord: did I miss somethingmake all the fails add up to a drama pool. When drama crosses a given threshold make all players, or some players, or whatever receive bonuses for all actions and such
(2010-01-09 15:31:32) WarLord: or inverse the death spiral by then
(2010-01-09 15:31:36) Papaganoush: so if a spiral leads to a realistic feel does no spiral mean un-realistic?, and a anti-spiral is heroic or cenematic?
(2010-01-09 15:31:37) thedeadone: I see what you mean MaxwellSmart, but might that not be sorted by a meta-mechanic like Fudge Points?
(2010-01-09 15:32:13) charl: Yes, Papaganoush.
(2010-01-09 15:32:29) charl: Un-realistic is not inherently bad though.
(2010-01-09 15:32:39) MaxwellSmart: yeah that’s a way to do it
(2010-01-09 15:32:45) Papaganoush: okay so this is the question I had for myself that made me want to have this session…
(2010-01-09 15:33:36) Papaganoush: If we are playing games to play heroes – why play a game with a death spiral that makes our characters un-heroic?
(2010-01-09 15:34:07) WarLord: because its not that heroic if it is too easy
(2010-01-09 15:34:11) thedeadone: You know, it depends on how you define heroic… sometimes the hero-matyr fights till the end
15:35
(2010-01-09 15:35:04) Papaganoush: @thedeadone make sure we come back top meta-mechanic like fudge points
(2010-01-09 15:35:15) charl: As MaxwellSmart and thedeadone was getting into using a metamechanic like fudge points to then perservere despite the death spiral it gets more epic than simply killing an enemy when you are low on hitpoints but still completely combat worthy.
(2010-01-09 15:35:29) charl: Or even better doing it without metamechanics.
(2010-01-09 15:36:12) charl: Winning when all looks lost is what epics are made of.
(2010-01-09 15:37:05) WarLord: @charl: Agreed
(2010-01-09 15:37:05) Papaganoush: that is similar to my answer to the same question – not all heroes are “superman” some of them are “kick ass” sometimes losing is the heroic ending to the story
(2010-01-09 15:37:22) WarLord: @ papaganoush: seconded
(2010-01-09 15:37:25) charl: Yes. In some cases losing is heroic.
(2010-01-09 15:37:31) WarLord: yup
(2010-01-09 15:37:32) charl: Bolivian army ending, anyone?
(2010-01-09 15:37:36) WarLord: lol
(2010-01-09 15:37:59) charl: (Not very popular with players, most of the time.)
(2010-01-09 15:38:01) thedeadone: CoC is a prime example of this… fighting monsters despite the personal cost (losing your mind)
(2010-01-09 15:38:11) Papaganoush: so the spiral can make the story important rather than the mechanic – which is odd since it is a mechanic
(2010-01-09 15:38:22) Papaganoush: for telling a story
(2010-01-09 15:38:37) charl: Indeed.
(2010-01-09 15:39:35) WarLord: but I wonder how to deal with different types of characters in the same game. Specially in high phantasy or futuristic settings in which different beings would have different ‘spirals’
15:40
(2010-01-09 15:40:00) Igor: reminder (15:40:00): ouch that hurt. you are now very hurt. movement reduce by half and -2 to all rolls to hit and damage
(2010-01-09 15:40:13) Papaganoush: @WarLord please go on – I don’t quite understand
(2010-01-09 15:40:32) thedeadone: @WarLord How do you give the opportunity to make all characters heroic, especially if they aren’t combat-based?
(2010-01-09 15:41:28) charl: And the difference between what is heroic for different kinds of characters. A human running through a burning house to save a loved one is heroic. A fire genasi… not so much.
(2010-01-09 15:41:34) Papaganoush: I don’t think that is something a spiral can do. you are talking about sharing spotlight time or niche protection.
(2010-01-09 15:42:15) thedeadone: In the game I’m writing, I want to be able to make artists enter “combat” and healers enter “combat” just as satistifying as warriors… it’s not an easy task. The spirial becomes a lot more abstract, much like how I remember it in, say fate.
(2010-01-09 15:42:18) WarLord: conceivably, is it possible to have in the same party characters that spiral down to death as they take damage, and others that simply keep working until they fail (robots?). Add ‘anti-spiral’ characters in the mix and you could have a very interesting mechanical problem
(2010-01-09 15:43:17) Papaganoush: D&D 4e is a great system of spotlight sharing – especially in combat all the characters get a chance to sit in the spotlight. but a spiral is not in place and anti-spiral is
(2010-01-09 15:44:19) Papaganoush: that is an interesting proposal WarLord – I need a moment to wrap my head around that level of abstraction
15:45
(2010-01-09 15:45:14) WarLord: @thedeadone: you could put everybody on the same level (everybody is powerful in something = niche protection) or simply live with the fact some are more powerful than others (realistic way). You can also adjust your setting for making it non-combat-centric
(2010-01-09 15:45:40) WarLord: or at least, non combat centric a fair percentage of the time
(2010-01-09 15:45:51) WarLord: that’s the way I do it
(2010-01-09 15:46:24) Papaganoush: that brings up another question I had about spiral mechanics. are spiral mechanics a way to deal with game “balance”.
(2010-01-09 15:47:14) WarLord: I they’re both a way to balance the game and to give the characters a sense of danger, or power erosion as they take damage
(2010-01-09 15:47:18) WarLord: I think*
(2010-01-09 15:47:52) WarLord: the ladder is a ‘beware the dog’ warning sign
(2010-01-09 15:48:13) charl: Depends on how you want your balance to work. It is balanced in the way that presumably everyone gets affected by it.
(2010-01-09 15:48:36) charl: But it’s not balanced in that the guy that first hits gets an advantage for the rest of the combat.
(2010-01-09 15:48:43) charl: The upper-hand is won early.
(2010-01-09 15:48:58) thedeadone: @WarLord Actually the solution I was looking at was changing how “damage” is done. Applying to the Attribute for example, so that everyone can take physical damage but an charmer can better handle “social” damage…
(2010-01-09 15:49:53) MaxwellSmart left the room (quit: Quit: ).
15:50
(2010-01-09 15:50:06) thedeadone: In actual physical combat, getting the advantage early will often will you the fight. The Riddle of Steal system is built on this
(2010-01-09 15:50:52) charl: Yes. It is realistic.
(2010-01-09 15:51:18) charl: But as we established earlier that’s not always appropriate.
(2010-01-09 15:51:19) thedeadone: But not necessarily fun!
(2010-01-09 15:51:26) charl: Yes.
(2010-01-09 15:52:07) Papaganoush: so would it be approriate to have the players affected by a spiral but not the opponents? what about the opposite?
(2010-01-09 15:53:07) Papaganoush: and I still want to return to meta-mechanics if we have time
(2010-01-09 15:53:40) charl: That’s situation dependent. If you want to up the hopelessness of a scenario then the first could be used (it is also good for when you are fighting hordes of zombies or whatever).
(2010-01-09 15:53:45) WarLord: @the dead one : that is the premise of PDQ# I think
(2010-01-09 15:54:11) charl: The opposite… I’m not so sure of that. For one thing it’s a lot of extra work for the GM.
(2010-01-09 15:54:42) thedeadone: CoC again is an excellent example. The players suffer the insanity spirial. There enemies are monsters and evil things that don’t. So I think it depends on the setting/story
(2010-01-09 15:54:51) charl: Though it could be appropriate for games like Scion (which doesn’t have a death spiral IIRC) where the players are the ludicrously over-powered beings and the opponents for the most parts aren’t.
(2010-01-09 15:54:53) WarLord: taking damage in attributes and such don’t necessarily makes the spiral go away
15:55
(2010-01-09 15:55:00) Igor: reminder (15:55:00): so THAT is what a death spiral is for! oh game farm is almost over
(2010-01-09 15:55:11) WarLord: shut up igor!
(2010-01-09 15:55:55) charl: I think it has the rule that melee fighting someone with a knife always gets you at least one wound point.
(2010-01-09 15:56:08) charl: Not necessarily realistic, but thematically appropriate.
(2010-01-09 15:56:40) WarLord: but I’d really like to see such kind of damage mechanics thedeadone
(2010-01-09 15:56:54) charl: It would be interesting yes.
(2010-01-09 15:58:03) WarLord: my only problem with it is that the damage of a rifle round in the head can be taken in the character’s ‘wealth’ or in somethingequally innocuous
(2010-01-09 15:58:43) Papaganoush: maybe it cost him all his fortune to pay for plastic surgery
(2010-01-09 15:58:44) charl: That could work for some kinds of settings.
(2010-01-09 15:58:45) thedeadone: I kinda wrote up the idea ages ago on my blog @ http://thedeadone.net/writing/rpg/tdo-combat-fudge-v01/ if your interested
(2010-01-09 15:58:48) charl: Superhero settings for example.
(2010-01-09 15:59:23) thedeadone: Nobilis kinda works like that, if I remember correctly. But then, you’r playing demi-gods
(2010-01-09 15:59:24) charl: “The experimental polymers in my next generation bullet-proof mask protected my against the bullet, too bad it broke in the process.”
(2010-01-09 15:59:27) WarLord: yeah, it could. I’m not saying it is not interesting, it is! Its just not realistic enough for my tastes
(2010-01-09 15:59:31) Papaganoush: so meta-mechanics. Spirals and anti-spirals give you tools to tell specific stories… how do meta-mechanics affect this? besides simply over-riding the normal narrative control
(2010-01-09 15:59:32) ***WarLord clicks the link
16:00
(2010-01-09 16:00:00) Igor: reminder (16:00:00): wow that hour went fast fast fast

(2010-01-09 14:59:00) Igor: reminder (14:59:00): almost time to start – I’ll start the log(2010-01-09 14:59:17) Papaganoush: so looks like another small group15:00(2010-01-09 15:00:23) Papaganoush: I hope you all have a lot to say on the subject :)(2010-01-09 15:00:41) Papaganoush: So welcome again to the game farm death spiral chat(2010-01-09 15:01:05) charl: Thank you. It’s a pleasure to be here.(2010-01-09 15:01:24) Papaganoush: so death spirals – here we go(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: In Fudge the death spiral is quite severe. -1 and -2 penalties are in many cases prohibitive. Fate lessens this by reducing the duration of the penalty. (2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: Rolemaster has a skill advancement mechanic where after a certain rank raising a skill becomes prohibitive. but I am not sure if it qualifies as a death spiral.(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: Dungeons and Dragons v3.5 has no death spiral, but version 4e has a reverse spiral. at half you hit points you get a specific combat advantage!(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: I have never played call of cthulhu but I have been regaled with tales of the insanity spiral. And Don’t rest your head has a nasty spiral of its own. Ken Hite says that Don’t Rest Your Head “Makes the Call of Cthulhu sanity death spiral look like a handful of baby asprin[sic].”(2010-01-09 15:01:37) Papaganoush: Even Shotgun Diaries has a spiral with fear dice. As you get more fear dice you are more likely to cause more fear checks leading to the acquisition of more fear dice.(2010-01-09 15:03:35) Papaganoush: before I lay out my personal opinions I’ll invite anyone to voice any other spiral examples or opinons(2010-01-09 15:04:02) charl: IIRC unknown armies has a similar mechanic.(2010-01-09 15:04:03) thedeadone: I believe CoC, the insanity spiral is intentionally and in keeping with the source(2010-01-09 15:04:39) charl: I know of some games that use bleeding rules that cradually make you weaker as well, though the only example I can think of is a Swedish cyperpunk RPG called Neotech.(2010-01-09 15:04:58) Papaganoush: yes – unknown armies I had forgotten, as does truth and justice and other PDQ/PDQ# games15:05(2010-01-09 15:05:22) thedeadone: I believe Riddle of Steal using bleeding like that(2010-01-09 15:05:31) Papaganoush: bleeding effect! another one I had missed. dark conspiracies has a bleeding effect(2010-01-09 15:05:39) charl: Doesn’t GURPS also have a death spiral?(2010-01-09 15:06:19) Papaganoush: I am not familiar enough with GURPS to say(2010-01-09 15:06:59) Papaganoush: what about storyteller? anyone know that system enough to offer an opinion?(2010-01-09 15:07:05) charl: Yes.(2010-01-09 15:07:21) charl: It doesn’t have a death spiral.(2010-01-09 15:07:30) thedeadone: Yes, I’d agree.(2010-01-09 15:07:52) charl: Which is actually quite weird for a game that is self-proclaimed as dark and gritty.(2010-01-09 15:07:53) thedeadone: Except for perhaps “Humanity” in Vampire WOD 1.0 maybe? (2010-01-09 15:08:02) charl: Well, there is a sanity spiral.(2010-01-09 15:08:10) charl: Or a morality spiral more like it.(2010-01-09 15:08:20) Papaganoush: so it seems that the effect is quite prevalent in many game systems across many genres. ChanServ charl (2010-01-09 15:08:35) thedeadone: Yea but it’s more, it’s hard to get back, but it doesn’t mean its easier to lose more(2010-01-09 15:08:43) Arle [~Mizu@OWIRCN-7362db45.sd.cox.net] entered the room.(2010-01-09 15:08:54) charl: I disagree. It’s quite easy to lose morality.(2010-01-09 15:09:33) thedeadone: But it doesn’t become easier to lose morality as you go along? I’m not as familiar with WOD 2.0 as WOD 1.0.(2010-01-09 15:09:49) charl: I think it gets harder actually.(2010-01-09 15:09:54) charl: On a mechanical level anyway.15:10(2010-01-09 15:10:08) Papaganoush: so that would be a reverse spiral as I defined it above(2010-01-09 15:10:08) thedeadone: With humanity, the less you have, the more depraved you are and the easier it is to do bad things and you have to do really really bad things to lose more(2010-01-09 15:10:33) charl: Yes, but it also gets harder to reclaim your lost morality.(2010-01-09 15:11:09) thedeadone: Yes, like Willpower and so on. But that’s not a spiral per say. You lose it, but you don’t necessarly find yourself slipping towards the inevitable….(2010-01-09 15:11:29) charl: Well that’s true.(2010-01-09 15:11:57) charl: And the loss of morality is a pure roleplaying issue anyway, rather than a mechanical effect of combat or similar.(2010-01-09 15:12:03) Papaganoush: sort of like the rolemaster skill system. logarithmic but not a spiral(2010-01-09 15:12:25) Arle left the room (quit: Quit: Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak).(2010-01-09 15:12:42) thedeadone: Thats interesting actually, the “spiral” is inherent in the story/roleplaying for WOD, more like a meta-spiral! :)(2010-01-09 15:12:48) charl: Yeah.(2010-01-09 15:13:22) Papaganoush: so for a spiral to be a spiral does it have to have the “slippery slope” feel/effect?(2010-01-09 15:14:26) thedeadone: I think so.(2010-01-09 15:14:38) charl: I agree.(2010-01-09 15:14:39) Papaganoush: I do as well15:15(2010-01-09 15:15:01) Papaganoush: so there must be an element of danger associated with a spiral(2010-01-09 15:15:41) Papaganoush: charl you mentioned gritty earlier (and I am glad you did) – that is one of the main advertised benefits of a death spiral. realism, gritty, hard hitting…(2010-01-09 15:16:11) Papaganoush: does the danger aspect tie into that realism aspect?(2010-01-09 15:16:42) thedeadone: Well if the mechanic has not tangiable threat, it’ll be ignore(2010-01-09 15:16:45) charl: In a way, yes. Though one shouldn’t confuse realism with complexity.(2010-01-09 15:17:16) Papaganoush: what do you mean charl?(2010-01-09 15:17:23) Papaganoush: I agree thedeadone(2010-01-09 15:17:51) charl: Well I have played systems that come with very detailed and long sets of tables for wounds in combat, that each have a listed penalty.(2010-01-09 15:18:38) charl: Above mentioned neotech for example has pages of tables that you roll against every time you get harmed to see what kind of wound you suffer. It is detailed enough to tell you wether that blow to the lower abdomen hit your liver or your left kidney.(2010-01-09 15:19:22) Papaganoush: so a complex damage system does not necessarily represent a realistic damage system, and a complex system is not automatically a spiral system(2010-01-09 15:19:28) charl: And whether the organ was punctured or just crushed or bruised and how much internal bleeding you get from the wound and what that means in in-game penalties.15:20(2010-01-09 15:20:00) Igor: reminder (15:20:00): oh no! you have been injured -1 to all rolls to hit and for damage!(2010-01-09 15:20:29) Papaganoush: that brings me to the rolemaster damage system. heavily critical based – but does it create a spiral? (2010-01-09 15:20:49) charl: I’m not familiar with rolemaster.(2010-01-09 15:20:52) thedeadone: I’m not familar with rolemaster? (2010-01-09 15:21:08) Papaganoush: effects of critical make you more likely to get more criticals but the criticals are random(2010-01-09 15:22:37) Papaganoush: how predictable does an effect have to be to qualify for a spiral effect?(2010-01-09 15:23:13) Papaganoush: I can ask the question in fudge terms. does fudge have a damage spiral?(2010-01-09 15:24:00) charl: I would say yes.(2010-01-09 15:24:20) charl: Getting hurt makes it harder for you to fight back against more hurt.(2010-01-09 15:24:21) Papaganoush: and does fate? fudge has a massive predictable effect -1 to all rolls, fate has a massive effect -1 but it is unpredictable the player decides when the -1 is applied15:25(2010-01-09 15:25:55) charl: I’m not that familiar with fate, but it strikes me that whether that is appropriate or not would depend a lot on what kind of feeling you are aiming for.(2010-01-09 15:26:19) Papaganoush: rolemaster on the other hand has a predictable but minor effect. you might suffer a 1 to 3% reduction in effective defense(2010-01-09 15:26:45) thedeadone: I’ve yet to play SOTC (a fate game) but that is intended to be “pulp-action” so I’d imagine a death-spirial might be inappropaite(2010-01-09 15:27:35) charl: Yeah. Wouldn’t fit for that genre at all.(2010-01-09 15:27:46) Papaganoush: I’ll come back to my question later I want to follow this feel/genre path(2010-01-09 15:28:10) thedeadone: I guess your also talking about the difference between a spirial mechanic or a that a spirial “feel”(2010-01-09 15:29:05) Papaganoush: so what is that spiral feel? and is there an anti-spiral feel?(2010-01-09 15:29:38) charl: Well you mentioned DnD4.(2010-01-09 15:29:45) WarLord [~WarLord@48DFF2.199311.CA8536.6482F3] entered the room.15:30(2010-01-09 15:30:11) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion in a pulp genre, and in most other genres also, you want to create the feeling of falling into a spiral, but then saving it at the last moment(2010-01-09 15:30:22) MaxwellSmart: but it’s hard to do mechanically(2010-01-09 15:30:34) Papaganoush: @MaxwellSmart great point(2010-01-09 15:30:36) thedeadone: The “anti-spirial” thing sounds really counter-productive… why would you want a trait that as it got damaged or lost, made it *easier* on the player? It serves not thematic or other function…(2010-01-09 15:30:53) charl: It has a decidedly anti-spiral feel. As you said you even get a bonus for fighting damaged. Which is perfectly fine for the genre, but since DnD focuses so much on mechanics there is actually an incentive for a combat-oriented tough character to inflict damage to himself before combat in order to get the bonus.(2010-01-09 15:31:26) WarLord: did I miss somethingmake all the fails add up to a drama pool. When drama crosses a given threshold make all players, or some players, or whatever receive bonuses for all actions and such(2010-01-09 15:31:32) WarLord: or inverse the death spiral by then(2010-01-09 15:31:36) Papaganoush: so if a spiral leads to a realistic feel does no spiral mean un-realistic?, and a anti-spiral is heroic or cenematic?(2010-01-09 15:31:37) thedeadone: I see what you mean MaxwellSmart, but might that not be sorted by a meta-mechanic like Fudge Points?(2010-01-09 15:32:13) charl: Yes, Papaganoush.(2010-01-09 15:32:29) charl: Un-realistic is not inherently bad though.(2010-01-09 15:32:39) MaxwellSmart: yeah that’s a way to do it(2010-01-09 15:32:45) Papaganoush: okay so this is the question I had for myself that made me want to have this session…(2010-01-09 15:33:36) Papaganoush: If we are playing games to play heroes – why play a game with a death spiral that makes our characters un-heroic?(2010-01-09 15:34:07) WarLord: because its not that heroic if it is too easy(2010-01-09 15:34:11) thedeadone: You know, it depends on how you define heroic… sometimes the hero-matyr fights till the end15:35(2010-01-09 15:35:04) Papaganoush: @thedeadone make sure we come back top meta-mechanic like fudge points(2010-01-09 15:35:15) charl: As MaxwellSmart and thedeadone was getting into using a metamechanic like fudge points to then perservere despite the death spiral it gets more epic than simply killing an enemy when you are low on hitpoints but still completely combat worthy.(2010-01-09 15:35:29) charl: Or even better doing it without metamechanics.(2010-01-09 15:36:12) charl: Winning when all looks lost is what epics are made of.(2010-01-09 15:37:05) WarLord: @charl: Agreed(2010-01-09 15:37:05) Papaganoush: that is similar to my answer to the same question – not all heroes are “superman” some of them are “kick ass” sometimes losing is the heroic ending to the story(2010-01-09 15:37:22) WarLord: @ papaganoush: seconded(2010-01-09 15:37:25) charl: Yes. In some cases losing is heroic.(2010-01-09 15:37:31) WarLord: yup(2010-01-09 15:37:32) charl: Bolivian army ending, anyone?(2010-01-09 15:37:36) WarLord: lol(2010-01-09 15:37:59) charl: (Not very popular with players, most of the time.)(2010-01-09 15:38:01) thedeadone: CoC is a prime example of this… fighting monsters despite the personal cost (losing your mind)(2010-01-09 15:38:11) Papaganoush: so the spiral can make the story important rather than the mechanic – which is odd since it is a mechanic(2010-01-09 15:38:22) Papaganoush: for telling a story(2010-01-09 15:38:37) charl: Indeed.(2010-01-09 15:39:35) WarLord: but I wonder how to deal with different types of characters in the same game. Specially in high phantasy or futuristic settings in which different beings would have different ‘spirals’15:40(2010-01-09 15:40:00) Igor: reminder (15:40:00): ouch that hurt. you are now very hurt. movement reduce by half and -2 to all rolls to hit and damage(2010-01-09 15:40:13) Papaganoush: @WarLord please go on – I don’t quite understand(2010-01-09 15:40:32) thedeadone: @WarLord How do you give the opportunity to make all characters heroic, especially if they aren’t combat-based?(2010-01-09 15:41:28) charl: And the difference between what is heroic for different kinds of characters. A human running through a burning house to save a loved one is heroic. A fire genasi… not so much.(2010-01-09 15:41:34) Papaganoush: I don’t think that is something a spiral can do. you are talking about sharing spotlight time or niche protection. (2010-01-09 15:42:15) thedeadone: In the game I’m writing, I want to be able to make artists enter “combat” and healers enter “combat” just as satistifying as warriors… it’s not an easy task. The spirial becomes a lot more abstract, much like how I remember it in, say fate.(2010-01-09 15:42:18) WarLord: conceivably, is it possible to have in the same party characters that spiral down to death as they take damage, and others that simply keep working until they fail (robots?). Add ‘anti-spiral’ characters in the mix and you could have a very interesting mechanical problem(2010-01-09 15:43:17) Papaganoush: D&D 4e is a great system of spotlight sharing – especially in combat all the characters get a chance to sit in the spotlight. but a spiral is not in place and anti-spiral is(2010-01-09 15:44:19) Papaganoush: that is an interesting proposal WarLord – I need a moment to wrap my head around that level of abstraction15:45(2010-01-09 15:45:14) WarLord: @thedeadone: you could put everybody on the same level (everybody is powerful in something = niche protection) or simply live with the fact some are more powerful than others (realistic way). You can also adjust your setting for making it non-combat-centric(2010-01-09 15:45:40) WarLord: or at least, non combat centric a fair percentage of the time(2010-01-09 15:45:51) WarLord: that’s the way I do it(2010-01-09 15:46:24) Papaganoush: that brings up another question I had about spiral mechanics. are spiral mechanics a way to deal with game “balance”. (2010-01-09 15:47:14) WarLord: I they’re both a way to balance the game and to give the characters a sense of danger, or power erosion as they take damage(2010-01-09 15:47:18) WarLord: I think*(2010-01-09 15:47:52) WarLord: the ladder is a ‘beware the dog’ warning sign(2010-01-09 15:48:13) charl: Depends on how you want your balance to work. It is balanced in the way that presumably everyone gets affected by it.(2010-01-09 15:48:36) charl: But it’s not balanced in that the guy that first hits gets an advantage for the rest of the combat.(2010-01-09 15:48:43) charl: The upper-hand is won early.(2010-01-09 15:48:58) thedeadone: @WarLord Actually the solution I was looking at was changing how “damage” is done. Applying to the Attribute for example, so that everyone can take physical damage but an charmer can better handle “social” damage…(2010-01-09 15:49:53) MaxwellSmart left the room (quit: Quit: ).15:50(2010-01-09 15:50:06) thedeadone: In actual physical combat, getting the advantage early will often will you the fight. The Riddle of Steal system is built on this(2010-01-09 15:50:52) charl: Yes. It is realistic.(2010-01-09 15:51:18) charl: But as we established earlier that’s not always appropriate.(2010-01-09 15:51:19) thedeadone: But not necessarily fun!(2010-01-09 15:51:26) charl: Yes.(2010-01-09 15:52:07) Papaganoush: so would it be approriate to have the players affected by a spiral but not the opponents? what about the opposite?(2010-01-09 15:53:07) Papaganoush: and I still want to return to meta-mechanics if we have time(2010-01-09 15:53:40) charl: That’s situation dependent. If you want to up the hopelessness of a scenario then the first could be used (it is also good for when you are fighting hordes of zombies or whatever).(2010-01-09 15:53:45) WarLord: @the dead one : that is the premise of PDQ# I think(2010-01-09 15:54:11) charl: The opposite… I’m not so sure of that. For one thing it’s a lot of extra work for the GM.(2010-01-09 15:54:42) thedeadone: CoC again is an excellent example. The players suffer the insanity spirial. There enemies are monsters and evil things that don’t. So I think it depends on the setting/story(2010-01-09 15:54:51) charl: Though it could be appropriate for games like Scion (which doesn’t have a death spiral IIRC) where the players are the ludicrously over-powered beings and the opponents for the most parts aren’t.(2010-01-09 15:54:53) WarLord: taking damage in attributes and such don’t necessarily makes the spiral go away15:55(2010-01-09 15:55:00) Igor: reminder (15:55:00): so THAT is what a death spiral is for! oh game farm is almost over(2010-01-09 15:55:11) WarLord: shut up igor!(2010-01-09 15:55:55) charl: I think it has the rule that melee fighting someone with a knife always gets you at least one wound point.(2010-01-09 15:56:08) charl: Not necessarily realistic, but thematically appropriate.(2010-01-09 15:56:40) WarLord: but I’d really like to see such kind of damage mechanics thedeadone(2010-01-09 15:56:54) charl: It would be interesting yes.(2010-01-09 15:58:03) WarLord: my only problem with it is that the damage of a rifle round in the head can be taken in the character’s ‘wealth’ or in somethingequally innocuous(2010-01-09 15:58:43) Papaganoush: maybe it cost him all his fortune to pay for plastic surgery (2010-01-09 15:58:44) charl: That could work for some kinds of settings.(2010-01-09 15:58:45) thedeadone: I kinda wrote up the idea ages ago on my blog @ http://thedeadone.net/writing/rpg/tdo-combat-fudge-v01/ if your interested(2010-01-09 15:58:48) charl: Superhero settings for example.(2010-01-09 15:59:23) thedeadone: Nobilis kinda works like that, if I remember correctly. But then, you’r playing demi-gods(2010-01-09 15:59:24) charl: “The experimental polymers in my next generation bullet-proof mask protected my against the bullet, too bad it broke in the process.”(2010-01-09 15:59:27) WarLord: yeah, it could. I’m not saying it is not interesting, it is! Its just not realistic enough for my tastes(2010-01-09 15:59:31) Papaganoush: so meta-mechanics. Spirals and anti-spirals give you tools to tell specific stories… how do meta-mechanics affect this? besides simply over-riding the normal narrative control(2010-01-09 15:59:32) ***WarLord clicks the link16:00(2010-01-09 16:00:00) Igor: reminder (16:00:00): wow that hour went fast fast fast

I am moving the game farm and making substantial changes as well. I plan to post more articles and on varying subjects. It will start in a few weeks (few being a number between 3 and 50).

I’ll have the latest logs up soon and more info on the future of the game farm as well.

The next game farm chat session is going to talk about the RPG Death Spiral.

The death spiral is the effect in many games where if you become injured you are less effective and more likely to be injured again. This can lead to a situation where the first wound is the most important as the character first wounded is most likely to lost the overall conflict. Also this spiral effect is not always to do with health, hitpoints and death. One of the best known RPG spirals is the insanity spiral introduced in the Call of Cthulhu game – once you started to lose your sanity the harder it was to remain sane and the more likely you were to continue to lose sanity.

In many games the death spiral is specifically desired to make combat or confrontation to be more dangerous and deadly. In other games specific features are put in place to lessen or remove the effect of the death spiral.

On Jan 8, 2010 we will be meeting to discuss this effect and how it can be used and manipulated in game design.

(2009-12-12 14:59:00) Igor: reminder (14:59:00): to start
15:00
(2009-12-12 15:00:00) Igor: reminder (15:00:00): gamefarm chat no. 3: the social contract. Starting the log
(2009-12-12 15:00:30) Papaganoush: so march on or regroup?
(2009-12-12 15:00:38) Korrozive: That’s intimidating. :P
(2009-12-12 15:01:05) Knaight: I think we should just go for it.
(2009-12-12 15:01:15) Papaganoush: here we go then
(2009-12-12 15:01:22) Papaganoush: The Social Contract
(2009-12-12 15:01:30) Papaganoush: What it is
(2009-12-12 15:01:30) Papaganoush: -an important aspect of the game experience
(2009-12-12 15:01:30) Papaganoush: -an unwritten and mostly unspoken agreement of what is okay behaviour at the game table. It covers things like appropriate snacks language and activities as well as player expectations.
(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: What it isn’t
(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: -license to abuse other players (as opposed to other characters)
(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: -a hard set of rules that must be carefully followed to ensure that the game is successful
(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: -openly discussed, or at least in my experience the contract is rarely openly discussed prior, during, or after a game. Even when problems with the group revolve around the breaking of the contract, there is rarely discussion about the contract itself.
(2009-12-12 15:02:00) Papaganoush: Some common “defined” social contracts
(2009-12-12 15:02:00) Papaganoush: No one gets hurt – describes games where the topics are all safe
(2009-12-12 15:02:00) Papaganoush: No one gets left behind – describes games where topics can get ‘scary’ but all the players at the table are there to help and support you.
(2009-12-12 15:02:31) Papaganoush: I find it interesting that even though it is a crucial piece of making a game successful it is very rarely discussed openly – at least in my experience
(2009-12-12 15:03:36) Knaight: I would agree with that. It is key to making sure that everyone is on the same page, and just assumed. However, there is an exception, for clarification when it has already been broken. Still, as those sayings say “a stitch in time saves nine” and “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, so it probably should be brought up more, earlier.
(2009-12-12 15:04:58) Korrozive: I agree, it isn’t discussed as often as it should be… but it also happens to be unnecessary at times. For example, my group has been together for years now, we never exactly discussed things openly about those topics, but over time we ended up getting enough clues about each other. Nowadays we do, though, make an effort to express some things when a new member comes in.
15:05
(2009-12-12 15:05:46) Papaganoush: It seems that the contract is assumed – and no one wants to be the FIRST person to brach the subject
(2009-12-12 15:06:14) Knaight: Or most people believe that everyone basically has the same contract, and don’t really think about it much.
(2009-12-12 15:06:50) Papaganoush: online games make the contract more important than ever though as the social and cultural expectations mix.
(2009-12-12 15:06:53) Korrozive: As I said, it works when you play with people you know.
(2009-12-12 15:07:08) Korrozive: Online and con games, I believe.
(2009-12-12 15:07:10) Papaganoush: but how did you first get to know them?
(2009-12-12 15:07:33) Knaight: Usually not through gaming.
(2009-12-12 15:07:37) MaxwellSmart: there’s a lot of trial and error
(2009-12-12 15:07:58) Knaight: Even online though, you usually meet people, and the people in your games will be the people you agree with to some extent.
(2009-12-12 15:08:01) Korrozive: Emphasis on “lot”, Max, and yeah, I’ve known them from before we started gaming together.
(2009-12-12 15:08:14) Korrozive: But there are exceptions.
(2009-12-12 15:08:38) MaxwellSmart: in my experience it is usually the GM who sets the “rules” over time
(2009-12-12 15:08:41) Korrozive: I’ve had players so confrontational towards each other I had to actually sit down and play “father” to them. ¬¬
(2009-12-12 15:09:02) MaxwellSmart: like in “this is my game, so we should do it like that”
(2009-12-12 15:09:04) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: Well, GM and the group who lets him do so. A tyrant GM is soon a lonely GM.
(2009-12-12 15:09:09) Papaganoush: Con games is an interesting topic – how often does the description of the game talk about the expectations of the player? What would be your assumption of a Tunnels and Trolls game vs. a Call of Cthulhu game?
(2009-12-12 15:09:27) MaxwellSmart: the players usually accomodate, in my experience
(2009-12-12 15:09:37) Papaganoush: So in face to face games the player get to know each other first then start playing the games
(2009-12-12 15:09:43) MaxwellSmart: that’s an interesting topic
(2009-12-12 15:09:48) Papaganoush: SO the social contract is hammered out then the game starts
(2009-12-12 15:09:48) Knaight: Certainly one would expect a tone shift. Still, con games are a tiny, tiny part of gaming. I’ve never even been to a con.
15:10
(2009-12-12 15:10:06) MaxwellSmart: players expectations are seldom talked about before, and they are very important in my opinion
(2009-12-12 15:10:11) Korrozive: I try to always be prepared to explain from the very basic concept of RPGs, and then onto the setting and expected mood.
(2009-12-12 15:10:40) Korrozive: The deal about Con games is that heck, you might have a table full of first-timers.
(2009-12-12 15:10:40) MaxwellSmart: because failing to address them properly is a major cause of bad games
(2009-12-12 15:11:06) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: Yes and no.
(2009-12-12 15:11:26) Korrozive: Players are humans, and humans are known to contradict themselves about what they want and what they say they want.
(2009-12-12 15:11:51) Papaganoush: But the con game exposes all the bits of the game group. and forces all the steps to be taken deliberately. When I was playing D&D in grade school I played with people I had known for years. So I knew what to expect form them. How does the Con game deal with those expectations and where do we get those expectation from?
(2009-12-12 15:11:55) Knaight: Exactly, but humans also tend to go against attitudes of “I know what you want better than you do.”
(2009-12-12 15:11:58) Korrozive: It takes some experience in games for a player to acknowledge he wants to be challenged, instead of just mow down anything in his path as “awesomely” as possible
(2009-12-12 15:12:30) Papaganoush: it gets even more murky – people often change what they want depending on whether or not they have to explain why they want it.
(2009-12-12 15:12:38) MaxwellSmart: well addressing this topic can help people think about what they want
(2009-12-12 15:13:12) MaxwellSmart: and people is looking for very different things in a RPG
(2009-12-12 15:13:58) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: Well, you can’t accommodate them all. When it gets down and dirty, democracy is about “pleasing nobody if you can’t please them all”.
(2009-12-12 15:14:01) Knaight: Exactly. Not to mention tastes changing over time, and proportions.
(2009-12-12 15:14:09) MaxwellSmart: the matter of what people is looking for is seldom addressed
(2009-12-12 15:14:33) Korrozive: You can usually get a clue about that on the character sheet the player hands you.
(2009-12-12 15:14:43) MaxwellSmart: I think if you cannot find a consesus about what you are looking for, you are preparing for a bad game
(2009-12-12 15:14:54) Knaight: Sure, but not much. The social contract covers this much better, although it is less formal than it sounds.
15:15
(2009-12-12 15:15:07) Papaganoush: How would you feel if you sat down to play Toon and found out you were going to play a gritty crime drama – you are a cop leading investigation of your partners murder
(2009-12-12 15:15:34) MaxwellSmart: yeah Papaganoush, what you are about to play is usually inferred from what game you are playing
(2009-12-12 15:15:43) MaxwellSmart: and that is the only mention about player expectations that is made
(2009-12-12 15:15:52) MaxwellSmart: but still some games can be played in many different ways
(2009-12-12 15:16:18) MaxwellSmart: also some games make it even more confusing because not even they know what they are about
(2009-12-12 15:16:23) MaxwellSmart: or what kind of game they are
(2009-12-12 15:16:24) Papaganoush: so where do we get that assumption? how much of the games tone is created by the game itself? is it the rules that set the tone or the default setting?
(2009-12-12 15:16:25) MaxwellSmart: not the case of toon
(2009-12-12 15:16:26) Korrozive: Papaganoush: Then again, think of that movie with Roger Rabbit. As with any scheduled program, any change so sudden and drastic requires explanations, and said explanations are what decide if it’ll fly or not.
(2009-12-12 15:16:40) Knaight: Exactly.
(2009-12-12 15:17:37) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: What about the GM’s expectations, also?
(2009-12-12 15:17:41) MaxwellSmart: Papaganoush, I’d say both plus experience and other factors
(2009-12-12 15:18:05) Korrozive: More often than not, I find the GM’s expectations being ruined much more often than the regular players’.
(2009-12-12 15:18:11) MaxwellSmart: well I was including the GM into the players
(2009-12-12 15:18:38) MaxwellSmart: of course if the GM expectations are not met, the game is also a bad game
(2009-12-12 15:19:10) MaxwellSmart: certainly when we say player expectations we should include the GM’s
(2009-12-12 15:19:15) Knaight: I would say that the GM usually has really lofty expectations. They are harder to meet. But that might just be me.
(2009-12-12 15:19:18) Papaganoush: In my experience the GM has had too much responsibility for the game so he has a lot more invested in the game. so it is easier to “spoil” the game for the GM
(2009-12-12 15:19:39) MaxwellSmart: those are more reasons to talk about those matters beforehand
(2009-12-12 15:19:42) Korrozive: Oh, usually that amalgam is fine, but there are points where we must stress out the difference between the GM and the other players. For example, way more often than not, a regular player is there basically to have fun, while a GM is there to have fun _and_ provide fun.
(2009-12-12 15:19:52) MaxwellSmart: but I repeat it’s seldom done
15:20
(2009-12-12 15:20:06) Knaight: Or to have fun by providing fun. I would say that it is often done, just never to a perfect extent.
(2009-12-12 15:20:08) MaxwellSmart: for this reason Papaganoush, the GM should be the one encouraging this debate
(2009-12-12 15:20:20) Korrozive: Knaight: I stand corrected :)
(2009-12-12 15:20:32) MaxwellSmart: I disagree Korrozive
(2009-12-12 15:20:42) MaxwellSmart: all the players and the GM should have fun and provide fun
(2009-12-12 15:20:48) Korrozive: And they usually are, at least nowadays, from the groups I see.
(2009-12-12 15:20:52) MaxwellSmart: although that’s another topic
(2009-12-12 15:21:02) Korrozive: Nah, that’s the same topic.
(2009-12-12 15:21:23) Knaight: Maybe. The topic is blurry.
(2009-12-12 15:21:41) Korrozive: If we were ever to  actually type in a social contract, “I have the right to leave any game in which I’m not having fun anymore” would be there, bold.
(2009-12-12 15:21:42) MaxwellSmart: giving and taking is an important concept in improvisation arts, in which RP belongs
(2009-12-12 15:22:00) MaxwellSmart: Korrozive
(2009-12-12 15:22:02) MaxwellSmart: that’s pointless
(2009-12-12 15:22:17) MaxwellSmart: what should be written there is what do people consider to be fun
(2009-12-12 15:22:28) MaxwellSmart: of course if people is not having fun, you are doing it wrong
(2009-12-12 15:22:33) MaxwellSmart: it’s a game
(2009-12-12 15:22:43) MaxwellSmart: so people MUST have fun
(2009-12-12 15:22:48) Papaganoush: Korrozive has a point. if you are going to codify the contract all aspects of the interaction must be represented
(2009-12-12 15:22:50) Knaight: Exactly, but sometimes not everyone has fun.
(2009-12-12 15:22:53) MaxwellSmart: the problem is that sometimes people have different ideas of fun
(2009-12-12 15:22:55) Korrozive: Max, you’re inferring is that every gamer out there has a conscience “sophisticated” enough to classify RPG as any form of art.
(2009-12-12 15:23:25) MaxwellSmart: they should :D
(2009-12-12 15:23:35) Knaight: And they can develop one eventually.
(2009-12-12 15:23:40) MaxwellSmart: yeah
(2009-12-12 15:23:53) MaxwellSmart: I’d say that’s the ideal
(2009-12-12 15:23:53) Papaganoush: but should they have to?
(2009-12-12 15:24:03) Korrozive: Or may not. Heck, I speak for myself when I say I only got enough nerve to go back to GMing when I decided to just run 4ED dungeons to my players.
(2009-12-12 15:24:11) MaxwellSmart: of course
(2009-12-12 15:24:14) MaxwellSmart: it’s like growing
(2009-12-12 15:24:17) MaxwellSmart: getting better
(2009-12-12 15:24:24) Korrozive: And why is it better?
(2009-12-12 15:24:33) Papaganoush: I disagree. it is not “getting better”
(2009-12-12 15:24:47) Knaight: They may not, or they may. But they can, and it will make it better for them. Fun is purer the more of the mind it engages.
(2009-12-12 15:24:49) MaxwellSmart: because you can enjoy the experience at more levels
15:25
(2009-12-12 15:25:02) Korrozive: Next thing you know, I should be joining those lame, elitist WoD LARPers I find in my city.
(2009-12-12 15:25:05) Papaganoush: I know successful groups that are still playing the same game they started 10-15 years ago. everyone is still having fun.
(2009-12-12 15:25:39) Papaganoush: It is not what I would want form my game experience but for them it is exactly what they want
(2009-12-12 15:25:49) Papaganoush: Their social contract is differnet than mine
(2009-12-12 15:25:51) MaxwellSmart: without any evolution?
(2009-12-12 15:25:56) MaxwellSmart: then you are doing it wrong also
(2009-12-12 15:25:59) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion
(2009-12-12 15:26:05) MaxwellSmart: that’s still even another topic
(2009-12-12 15:26:15) MaxwellSmart: but I think playing is learning
(2009-12-12 15:26:19) Korrozive: No, it ain’t. Doing it wrong is also breaking the contract. :P
(2009-12-12 15:26:40) MaxwellSmart: if you are doing the same over and over without no evolution…
(2009-12-12 15:26:46) Knaight: They are having fun, just not as much as they potentially could, at least, looking at the fun from the game. Certainly social relations have evolved.
(2009-12-12 15:26:52) MaxwellSmart: well it’s like playing tennis with softballs forever
(2009-12-12 15:26:54) Papaganoush: but it is not “wrong” it might not be fun to you or to me but that is the group set goals and expectations
(2009-12-12 15:26:56) MaxwellSmart: you can say you are having fun
(2009-12-12 15:27:29) Papaganoush: If I came along and enforced my expectations I would be breaking the contract for my own game at their expense
(2009-12-12 15:27:29) MaxwellSmart: but I don’t think you are having the real fun
(2009-12-12 15:27:58) Korrozive: If having fun is the point, then they could be, dunno, clubbing, dating, watching a movie (this very same topic, under these very same lights, emerged in my group several times).
(2009-12-12 15:28:35) Papaganoush: what about people that play bridge or chess. they play the same game year after year after year. many games are mathematically solved (like backgammon) but people still play them with the same rules and enjoy it
(2009-12-12 15:28:36) Korrozive: Could they be having fun another way, be it a more sophisticated RPG experience or another activity altogheter? Sure, they could. Should they? If they want, sure they should. If they don’t, heck no. Simple as that.
(2009-12-12 15:28:50) MaxwellSmart: no Papaganoush, they get better and better
(2009-12-12 15:28:53) Knaight: Yes, but people get better and better at bridge and chess.
(2009-12-12 15:28:58) MaxwellSmart: even Kasparov is still learning and getting better
(2009-12-12 15:28:59) Knaight: Which changes the game fundamentally.
(2009-12-12 15:29:12) Papaganoush: but they don’t add rule to the game
(2009-12-12 15:29:19) MaxwellSmart: so what?
(2009-12-12 15:29:20) Korrozive: What about those Sunday nights baskedball players that usually just get older?
(2009-12-12 15:29:25) MaxwellSmart: I never said you should add any rule
(2009-12-12 15:29:42) Papaganoush: but if they are playing the same game they did 10 year ago they haven’t eveolved
(2009-12-12 15:29:52) Papaganoush: it can’t be fun
15:30
(2009-12-12 15:30:03) Papaganoush: (paraphrasing what you said above)
(2009-12-12 15:30:06) MaxwellSmart: I don’t know what do you mean by that Korrozive, but I am sure they don’t have as much fun as the real thing
(2009-12-12 15:30:20) MaxwellSmart: of course you have evolved if you get better
(2009-12-12 15:30:25) MaxwellSmart: you get more sophisticated
(2009-12-12 15:30:29) Korrozive: So… if I can’t play bass like Fieldy or Flea, should I just quit playing it altogether?
(2009-12-12 15:30:42) MaxwellSmart: what do you mean kasparov have not evolved since he started playing?
(2009-12-12 15:30:46) Knaight: It isn’t the same game. As you get better you get to play a game with more and more nuances. Getting better is done naturally.
(2009-12-12 15:30:58) MaxwellSmart: no Korrozive, you should keep getting better
(2009-12-12 15:31:07) Korrozive: Naturally. That’s an interesting word.
(2009-12-12 15:31:14) MaxwellSmart: maybe you will never be like them, but the more you learn the more enjoyment you will get from it
(2009-12-12 15:31:14) Papaganoush: Lets switch gears
(2009-12-12 15:31:27) MaxwellSmart: or do you prefer to play the same childish easy melody forever and ever?
(2009-12-12 15:31:30) MaxwellSmart: hey, you are still having fun!
(2009-12-12 15:31:37) Papaganoush: So lets say we are going to play a game that isn’t safe. Steal away Jordan or Carry. Steal away Jordan focuses on Slavery in the Early American South and Carry deals with death during the Vietnam war.
(2009-12-12 15:32:00) Papaganoush: how do you approach the game form a cold start – playing online or at a con
(2009-12-12 15:32:18) Knaight: You are looking for a different goal at this point. Not fun, enlightenment. If people don’t understand that, there will be problems, and thus people need to know the point.
(2009-12-12 15:32:29) Papaganoush: How do you set the expectations for the game and understand how to deal with the players without knowing them for years and years of trial and error?
(2009-12-12 15:32:48) MaxwellSmart: social contract :D
(2009-12-12 15:33:06) Papaganoush: ah but it still has to be fun at some level – if it isn’t fun no one will want to play.
(2009-12-12 15:33:09) MaxwellSmart: yeah you should make clear what the game will be about and what you will encounter
(2009-12-12 15:33:17) Korrozive: For starters, if I didn’t have enough space for a foreword in the game listing, I’d think thrice about running it altogether :P
(2009-12-12 15:33:36) Papaganoush: I guess that is incorrect. there has to be some payoff. fun is only one possible payoff for the game
(2009-12-12 15:33:46) Knaight: Exactly.
(2009-12-12 15:33:49) Korrozive: Such controversial topics are very, very tricky.
(2009-12-12 15:34:05) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion, in most games people don’t have that much fun
(2009-12-12 15:34:23) MaxwellSmart: it’s more of a social activity
(2009-12-12 15:34:43) Korrozive: Social is another interesting word.
(2009-12-12 15:34:46) MaxwellSmart: that’s why in RPGs people is so easily distracted
(2009-12-12 15:34:47) Knaight: Yes, they are. The goal of the game is to get people to think, and to be in those games is to learn to think a different way, to gain perspective.
(2009-12-12 15:34:54) Papaganoush: to quote wil wheaton “gaming is a social activity”
(2009-12-12 15:34:56) Korrozive: Coupled with “naturally” and “evolution”, we get “Natural social evolution”.
15:35
(2009-12-12 15:35:00) MaxwellSmart: and start chatting about other stuff
(2009-12-12 15:35:08) MaxwellSmart: in my experience, a game that is really engaging is rare
(2009-12-12 15:35:13) Knaight: Natural social evolution. Sounds accurate enough to me.
(2009-12-12 15:35:23) MaxwellSmart: but all games should be like that
(2009-12-12 15:35:30) MaxwellSmart: so we all are doing it wrong
(2009-12-12 15:35:37) Korrozive: Some people do learn to be empathic and not kick people’s emotional/mental issues in conversation. Why shouldn’t we expect the same in gaming?
(2009-12-12 15:35:38) Papaganoush: where does the thought that “the goal of the game is to get people to think” come from?
(2009-12-12 15:36:06) MaxwellSmart: well it’s a mental game..
(2009-12-12 15:36:13) Korrozive: Oh, getting people to think is one thing. Another is “getting people to think like X”.
(2009-12-12 15:36:41) Korrozive: I’ve seen people naming their chess pieces. How’s that _really_ different from playing RPG?
(2009-12-12 15:36:44) Papaganoush: yes but it could be just as valid to say that the goal of the game is to allow players to escape into a fantasy for a while
(2009-12-12 15:36:45) MaxwellSmart: are you familiar with that experience I am describing?
(2009-12-12 15:36:54) Knaight: Sure, but then there is getting people to think about X. If X is part of Y, consideration given to X may change the opinions about Y>
(2009-12-12 15:36:59) MaxwellSmart: being in a game and thinking “OK, that is -almost- fun, but not quite…”
(2009-12-12 15:37:22) Knaight: Escapism is also in some games. Both are different goals, as is Fun, although Fun works with either.
(2009-12-12 15:37:36) Papaganoush: MaxwellSmart – lets come back to that thought in just a minute
(2009-12-12 15:37:46) Korrozive: Knaight: Point. I wouldn’t want to escape to a fantasy that sucks more than real life.
(2009-12-12 15:38:33) MaxwellSmart: yeah in the two games you mentioned before the social contract should make clear it’s not a game of escapism…
(2009-12-12 15:38:33) Knaight: Exactly, which is why the dystopia genre basically sucks for escapism, unless you can change it.
(2009-12-12 15:38:37) Korrozive: (Incidentally, I do remember of a game where you played a gamer playing a game)
(2009-12-12 15:39:03) Korrozive: Knaight: Which is why players in such genres usually represent “the last hope” or something.
(2009-12-12 15:39:07) Papaganoush: I can really see a lot about social contracts in just the last couple of minutes. The things I bring to the table say a lot more about me and the games I play than the setting and rules I choose to play
(2009-12-12 15:39:24) Korrozive: Papaganoush: Indeed.
(2009-12-12 15:39:43) MaxwellSmart: more than a couple of minutes…
(2009-12-12 15:39:49) MaxwellSmart: we sidetracked a lot
15:40
(2009-12-12 15:40:02) Korrozive: I still don’t see how we did that, Max.
(2009-12-12 15:40:32) Knaight: Understanding the goals of gaming helps make social contracts. You need to know the goals, then you need to figure out how to achieve those goals.
(2009-12-12 15:40:46) MaxwellSmart: back to the players expectations… it should be made clear in the contract what you are in it for…
(2009-12-12 15:41:03) MaxwellSmart: as we all agreed, fun is usually the main expectation (I guess there can be others)
(2009-12-12 15:41:04) MaxwellSmart: but
(2009-12-12 15:41:08) Knaight: Exactly. And the general ideas of how to achieve it.
(2009-12-12 15:41:15) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion the problem is people have different ideas about what is fun
(2009-12-12 15:41:17) Korrozive: What is fun? I ask my players that a lot nowadays. My people crack jokes like mad. It’s hard to play with them for more than 30 minutes without laughs bursting. But hey, that happens when I’m trying to run personal horror as well. See?
(2009-12-12 15:41:33) MaxwellSmart: yeah Korrozive!
(2009-12-12 15:41:36) MaxwellSmart: that’s what I mean
(2009-12-12 15:42:00) Papaganoush: That of course is the trap. The more you play with the same people the more you inderstand YOUR social contract and the less likely you are able to see the changes that need to be made to play with others
(2009-12-12 15:42:05) MaxwellSmart: so how to use the social contract to discuss those expectations? those definitions of fun?
(2009-12-12 15:42:19) MaxwellSmart: we lack a “language” to discuss them
(2009-12-12 15:42:53) Korrozive: Know what solution I found to that? “My players obviously don’t wanna play that style, so I’ll find another group who do”. Am I ditching them? No. I just stopped trying to sell drama to comedy aficcionados.
(2009-12-12 15:42:56) Papaganoush: there is also a cultural barrier. western cultures in my experience do not effectively teach confrontation.
(2009-12-12 15:43:00) Knaight: No we don’t. Everyone has something they want out of a game, that is fun for them. Escapism, learning, thought provoking, all those contribute to Fun, although it differents from person to person.
(2009-12-12 15:44:05) Korrozive: Knaight: Exactly. As I said to my players, “The movie Titanic is also fun, to some people”. I see no fun at all in most LARPs, but more power to them if they’re having fun (as long as their fun doesn’t ruin mine, as when they come with their elitist bs).
(2009-12-12 15:44:39) Papaganoush: I just had a thought… we can learn something from World of Warcraft. Guild rules. The gamers have learned to set expectations up front without labelling (or minimal labelling) of behaviors as good or bad.
(2009-12-12 15:44:40) MaxwellSmart: you really hate your local LARPers :D
(2009-12-12 15:44:45) MaxwellSmart: Korrozive
(2009-12-12 15:44:59) Korrozive: With a passion. :P
15:45
(2009-12-12 15:45:12) MaxwellSmart: can you elaborate Papaganoush?
(2009-12-12 15:45:22) Papaganoush: When I ran my guild the rules were plainly stated and publicly posted
(2009-12-12 15:45:23) Korrozive: But only whenever they’re in a position that enables them to mess with me.
(2009-12-12 15:46:04) Knaight: Which is the point of a social *contract*, sometimes the unwritten won’t cut it. I would say that this is a minority of times among local groups, or even online groups.
(2009-12-12 15:46:05) Papaganoush: if as a gaming group the social contract allowed for free stating what you want and the expectation that all the players are responsible for the game
(2009-12-12 15:46:38) Korrozive: (ack, need to be afk for a couple of minutes, will be back ASAP)
(2009-12-12 15:46:48) Korrozive is now known as KRZV-away
(2009-12-12 15:47:21) MaxwellSmart: but those rules are usually on how to behave
(2009-12-12 15:47:39) Knaight: Sure, but those clarify what is wanted to an extent.
(2009-12-12 15:47:41) MaxwellSmart: like, as you said at the beggining, regarding ettiquete
(2009-12-12 15:47:52) MaxwellSmart: those matters are easy to address
(2009-12-12 15:48:30) MaxwellSmart: also the matter of the “hard limits” regarding gore, sexual content, and so
(2009-12-12 15:48:39) Papaganoush: but I think that it is the promotion of the open discussion without judgement that makes the guild rules work.
(2009-12-12 15:48:59) MaxwellSmart: what do you mean?
(2009-12-12 15:49:28) Papaganoush: if you were to join my gaming group – how would you be integrated?
(2009-12-12 15:49:41) Papaganoush: there would be discussion of simple rules.
(2009-12-12 15:49:57) Papaganoush: mostly to do with game ettiquette
15:50
(2009-12-12 15:50:12) Papaganoush: no rolling “to hit” until it is your initiative
(2009-12-12 15:50:13) Knaight: Really? I would just assume that things are basically the same, and correct if necessary.
(2009-12-12 15:50:31) Papaganoush: no peanut snacks because X is allergic
(2009-12-12 15:51:06) Knaight: That would be clarified.
(2009-12-12 15:51:07) Papaganoush: but would there be a notice that – there is no sexual innuendo at the table?
(2009-12-12 15:51:59) MaxwellSmart: I think in most groups it would rather be discussed when it happens
(2009-12-12 15:52:00) Knaight: No, but if it came up, then it can be corrected.
(2009-12-12 15:52:08) MaxwellSmart: like in “Hey, we don’t do that in our group.”
(2009-12-12 15:52:12) MaxwellSmart: and that would be the end of it
(2009-12-12 15:52:31) MaxwellSmart: but that assumes the group had clear rules
(2009-12-12 15:52:33) Papaganoush: Knaight – you hit it perfectly – “I would just assume that things are basically the same”. we all would and that is where we are hurting our chances of really good games.
(2009-12-12 15:52:56) MaxwellSmart: we can call that, as we said at the beginning, social contract by “trial and error”
(2009-12-12 15:53:19) Papaganoush: all game groups have really clear rules. but they are not discussed they are gradually grown over years of interaction
(2009-12-12 15:53:36) MaxwellSmart: yeah
(2009-12-12 15:53:39) Knaight: Sure, but it is fairly easy to gauge general differences after 1 session, and specifics can be worked out then. Its trial and error, or shooting in the dark.
(2009-12-12 15:53:44) MaxwellSmart: also as you said before people don’t like confrontation
(2009-12-12 15:54:10) MaxwellSmart: sometimes in an established group, if someone does not fit, he is not told, instead they don’t call him for the next game
(2009-12-12 15:54:39) Papaganoush: Social contracts a re murky things.
(2009-12-12 15:54:41) MaxwellSmart: but maybe the reason was a misunderstanding that could have easily been corrected by discussing it
15:55
(2009-12-12 15:55:00) Igor: reminder (15:55:00): it is almost over
(2009-12-12 15:55:11) MaxwellSmart: thanks igor
(2009-12-12 15:55:14) MaxwellSmart: :P
(2009-12-12 15:56:36) Knaight: Sure, but all that just means that people need to be willing to be more confrontational. And really, asking someone to make minor behavioral changes in certain conditions? Hardly a confrontation.
(2009-12-12 15:56:48) Papaganoush: one last thought – how do you overcome the GM “false authority” for social contracts? if I am the GM how do I make it okay for a player to express different expectations than mine? As a player how do I approach my GM with thses concerns?
(2009-12-12 15:57:19) Knaight: What “false authority”. I have never even seen this.
(2009-12-12 15:57:28) Papaganoush: but Knaight it IS confrontational – but we need to stop seeing the confrontation as a BAD thing
(2009-12-12 15:57:59) Knaight: Hardly. A confrontation implies a certain level of hostility.
(2009-12-12 15:58:05) Papaganoush: really? way up at the beginning we talked about how the GM was primarily responsible for the tone of the game
(2009-12-12 15:58:36) Papaganoush: so we need to start seeing it as d difference of opinion
(2009-12-12 15:59:10) Papaganoush: dfifferent but not wrong needs to be the mantra for the social contract
(2009-12-12 15:59:12) MaxwellSmart: I’d say the GM should encourage the discussion
(2009-12-12 15:59:37) MaxwellSmart: and make sure everyone expresses their opinions
16:00
(2009-12-12 16:00:00) Igor: reminder (16:00:00): well that is it then, stopping the log
(2009-12-12 16:00:06) Papaganoush: make sure everyone is aware it is okay to express their  opinions.
(2009-12-12 16:00:10) Knaight: There is the difference between authority and responsibility for the tone. The GM has the most ability to impact the tone, that isn’t authority, it is a positional matter. The players have the most impact on the plot, the GM the tone, the climate the clothing of the people there.
(2009-12-12 16:01:05) MaxwellSmart: responsability is a key concept here…
(2009-12-12 16:01:16) KRZV-away is now known as Korrozive
(2009-12-12 16:01:17) Papaganoush: I agree Knaight but in may game groups the players just go along for the ride with the GM. because she is the GM.
(2009-12-12 16:01:43) MaxwellSmart: yeah that’s what happens
(2009-12-12 16:01:43) Knaight: Or because they have more fun playing entirely reactive positions instead of proactive positions, and they believe their role is to react.
(2009-12-12 16:01:49) MaxwellSmart: there’s at least three problems:
(2009-12-12 16:02:00) Papaganoush: that is why I called it false authority. there is no real authority but some people believe it is there and it limits their willingness to be assertive
(2009-12-12 16:02:03) MaxwellSmart: 1- people not being bold/daring/assertive enough to express what they want
(2009-12-12 16:02:11) MaxwellSmart: 2- people not really knowing what they want
(2009-12-12 16:02:16) MaxwellSmart: well, two problems
(2009-12-12 16:02:48) Papaganoush: well great discussion but I have to wrap it up soon
(2009-12-12 16:03:01) MaxwellSmart: so we just let the GM decide and then if we don’t like it we say she sucks
(2009-12-12 16:03:02) Knaight: But it isn’t authority. It is a belief of metagame roles, and a preference towards certain metagame roles.
(2009-12-12 16:03:10) Knaight: Great discussion.
(2009-12-12 16:03:10) MaxwellSmart: it’s the easy way
(2009-12-12 16:03:34) MaxwellSmart: ok Papaganoush, thanks for setting it up
(2009-12-12 16:03:39) Papaganoush: like I said Knaight false authority some people assume that the authority is there – even with all the evidence it is not
(2009-12-12 16:03:41) MaxwellSmart: nice to discuss with you all, as always
(2009-12-12 16:03:53) Papaganoush: maybe this topic will have to repeat in Jan or feb
(2009-12-12 16:04:03) Knaight: Sounds good.
(2009-12-12 16:04:42) Korrozive: Hmmm…
(2009-12-12 16:04:49) Knaight: Now to the Fudge channel for an impromptu game to demonstate what we’ve learned?!
16:05
(2009-12-12 16:05:07) Korrozive: I’d like to say just one more thing about social contracts, if still allowed.
(2009-12-12 16:05:07) Papaganoush: next weekend – “let’s play” a 1 hour game for a new system.
(2009-12-12 16:05:24) Papaganoush: quick before I post the logs ;)
(2009-12-12 16:05:43) Korrozive: As I said before, I basically play with a bunch of stand up comedians.
(2009-12-12 16:07:30) Korrozive: If I wanted to run a horror game and drafted, alongside them, a social contract expressing so, would they accept it? I’m sure they would. Would they be able to pull it off? For a session or two, tops. The idea of a social contract, that explicitly, may be overwhelming to people, especially in a social environment as a RPG. They’d accept to not be left out, to not be the one who “spoiled the fun”, and even so, to not go against the already mentioned GM’s false authority

(2009-12-12 14:59:00) Igor: reminder (14:59:00): to start15:00(2009-12-12 15:00:00) Igor: reminder (15:00:00): gamefarm chat no. 3: the social contract. Starting the log(2009-12-12 15:00:30) Papaganoush: so march on or regroup?(2009-12-12 15:00:38) Korrozive: That’s intimidating. :P(2009-12-12 15:01:05) Knaight: I think we should just go for it.(2009-12-12 15:01:15) Papaganoush: here we go then(2009-12-12 15:01:22) Papaganoush: The Social Contract(2009-12-12 15:01:30) Papaganoush: What it is(2009-12-12 15:01:30) Papaganoush: -an important aspect of the game experience(2009-12-12 15:01:30) Papaganoush: -an unwritten and mostly unspoken agreement of what is okay behaviour at the game table. It covers things like appropriate snacks language and activities as well as player expectations.(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: What it isn’t(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: -license to abuse other players (as opposed to other characters)(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: -a hard set of rules that must be carefully followed to ensure that the game is successful(2009-12-12 15:01:44) Papaganoush: -openly discussed, or at least in my experience the contract is rarely openly discussed prior, during, or after a game. Even when problems with the group revolve around the breaking of the contract, there is rarely discussion about the contract itself.(2009-12-12 15:02:00) Papaganoush: Some common “defined” social contracts(2009-12-12 15:02:00) Papaganoush: No one gets hurt – describes games where the topics are all safe(2009-12-12 15:02:00) Papaganoush: No one gets left behind – describes games where topics can get ‘scary’ but all the players at the table are there to help and support you.(2009-12-12 15:02:31) Papaganoush: I find it interesting that even though it is a crucial piece of making a game successful it is very rarely discussed openly – at least in my experience(2009-12-12 15:03:36) Knaight: I would agree with that. It is key to making sure that everyone is on the same page, and just assumed. However, there is an exception, for clarification when it has already been broken. Still, as those sayings say “a stitch in time saves nine” and “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, so it probably should be brought up more, earlier.(2009-12-12 15:04:58) Korrozive: I agree, it isn’t discussed as often as it should be… but it also happens to be unnecessary at times. For example, my group has been together for years now, we never exactly discussed things openly about those topics, but over time we ended up getting enough clues about each other. Nowadays we do, though, make an effort to express some things when a new member comes in.15:05(2009-12-12 15:05:46) Papaganoush: It seems that the contract is assumed – and no one wants to be the FIRST person to brach the subject(2009-12-12 15:06:14) Knaight: Or most people believe that everyone basically has the same contract, and don’t really think about it much.(2009-12-12 15:06:50) Papaganoush: online games make the contract more important than ever though as the social and cultural expectations mix.(2009-12-12 15:06:53) Korrozive: As I said, it works when you play with people you know.(2009-12-12 15:07:08) Korrozive: Online and con games, I believe.(2009-12-12 15:07:10) Papaganoush: but how did you first get to know them?(2009-12-12 15:07:33) Knaight: Usually not through gaming.(2009-12-12 15:07:37) MaxwellSmart: there’s a lot of trial and error(2009-12-12 15:07:58) Knaight: Even online though, you usually meet people, and the people in your games will be the people you agree with to some extent.(2009-12-12 15:08:01) Korrozive: Emphasis on “lot”, Max, and yeah, I’ve known them from before we started gaming together.(2009-12-12 15:08:14) Korrozive: But there are exceptions.(2009-12-12 15:08:38) MaxwellSmart: in my experience it is usually the GM who sets the “rules” over time(2009-12-12 15:08:41) Korrozive: I’ve had players so confrontational towards each other I had to actually sit down and play “father” to them. ¬¬(2009-12-12 15:09:02) MaxwellSmart: like in “this is my game, so we should do it like that”(2009-12-12 15:09:04) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: Well, GM and the group who lets him do so. A tyrant GM is soon a lonely GM.(2009-12-12 15:09:09) Papaganoush: Con games is an interesting topic – how often does the description of the game talk about the expectations of the player? What would be your assumption of a Tunnels and Trolls game vs. a Call of Cthulhu game?(2009-12-12 15:09:27) MaxwellSmart: the players usually accomodate, in my experience(2009-12-12 15:09:37) Papaganoush: So in face to face games the player get to know each other first then start playing the games(2009-12-12 15:09:43) MaxwellSmart: that’s an interesting topic(2009-12-12 15:09:48) Papaganoush: SO the social contract is hammered out then the game starts(2009-12-12 15:09:48) Knaight: Certainly one would expect a tone shift. Still, con games are a tiny, tiny part of gaming. I’ve never even been to a con.15:10(2009-12-12 15:10:06) MaxwellSmart: players expectations are seldom talked about before, and they are very important in my opinion(2009-12-12 15:10:11) Korrozive: I try to always be prepared to explain from the very basic concept of RPGs, and then onto the setting and expected mood.(2009-12-12 15:10:40) Korrozive: The deal about Con games is that heck, you might have a table full of first-timers.(2009-12-12 15:10:40) MaxwellSmart: because failing to address them properly is a major cause of bad games(2009-12-12 15:11:06) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: Yes and no.(2009-12-12 15:11:26) Korrozive: Players are humans, and humans are known to contradict themselves about what they want and what they say they want.(2009-12-12 15:11:51) Papaganoush: But the con game exposes all the bits of the game group. and forces all the steps to be taken deliberately. When I was playing D&D in grade school I played with people I had known for years. So I knew what to expect form them. How does the Con game deal with those expectations and where do we get those expectation from?(2009-12-12 15:11:55) Knaight: Exactly, but humans also tend to go against attitudes of “I know what you want better than you do.”(2009-12-12 15:11:58) Korrozive: It takes some experience in games for a player to acknowledge he wants to be challenged, instead of just mow down anything in his path as “awesomely” as possible(2009-12-12 15:12:30) Papaganoush: it gets even more murky – people often change what they want depending on whether or not they have to explain why they want it.(2009-12-12 15:12:38) MaxwellSmart: well addressing this topic can help people think about what they want(2009-12-12 15:13:12) MaxwellSmart: and people is looking for very different things in a RPG(2009-12-12 15:13:58) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: Well, you can’t accommodate them all. When it gets down and dirty, democracy is about “pleasing nobody if you can’t please them all”.(2009-12-12 15:14:01) Knaight: Exactly. Not to mention tastes changing over time, and proportions.(2009-12-12 15:14:09) MaxwellSmart: the matter of what people is looking for is seldom addressed(2009-12-12 15:14:33) Korrozive: You can usually get a clue about that on the character sheet the player hands you.(2009-12-12 15:14:43) MaxwellSmart: I think if you cannot find a consesus about what you are looking for, you are preparing for a bad game(2009-12-12 15:14:54) Knaight: Sure, but not much. The social contract covers this much better, although it is less formal than it sounds.15:15(2009-12-12 15:15:07) Papaganoush: How would you feel if you sat down to play Toon and found out you were going to play a gritty crime drama – you are a cop leading investigation of your partners murder(2009-12-12 15:15:34) MaxwellSmart: yeah Papaganoush, what you are about to play is usually inferred from what game you are playing(2009-12-12 15:15:43) MaxwellSmart: and that is the only mention about player expectations that is made(2009-12-12 15:15:52) MaxwellSmart: but still some games can be played in many different ways(2009-12-12 15:16:18) MaxwellSmart: also some games make it even more confusing because not even they know what they are about(2009-12-12 15:16:23) MaxwellSmart: or what kind of game they are(2009-12-12 15:16:24) Papaganoush: so where do we get that assumption? how much of the games tone is created by the game itself? is it the rules that set the tone or the default setting?(2009-12-12 15:16:25) MaxwellSmart: not the case of toon(2009-12-12 15:16:26) Korrozive: Papaganoush: Then again, think of that movie with Roger Rabbit. As with any scheduled program, any change so sudden and drastic requires explanations, and said explanations are what decide if it’ll fly or not.(2009-12-12 15:16:40) Knaight: Exactly.(2009-12-12 15:17:37) Korrozive: MaxwellSmart: What about the GM’s expectations, also?(2009-12-12 15:17:41) MaxwellSmart: Papaganoush, I’d say both plus experience and other factors(2009-12-12 15:18:05) Korrozive: More often than not, I find the GM’s expectations being ruined much more often than the regular players’.(2009-12-12 15:18:11) MaxwellSmart: well I was including the GM into the players(2009-12-12 15:18:38) MaxwellSmart: of course if the GM expectations are not met, the game is also a bad game(2009-12-12 15:19:10) MaxwellSmart: certainly when we say player expectations we should include the GM’s(2009-12-12 15:19:15) Knaight: I would say that the GM usually has really lofty expectations. They are harder to meet. But that might just be me.(2009-12-12 15:19:18) Papaganoush: In my experience the GM has had too much responsibility for the game so he has a lot more invested in the game. so it is easier to “spoil” the game for the GM (2009-12-12 15:19:39) MaxwellSmart: those are more reasons to talk about those matters beforehand(2009-12-12 15:19:42) Korrozive: Oh, usually that amalgam is fine, but there are points where we must stress out the difference between the GM and the other players. For example, way more often than not, a regular player is there basically to have fun, while a GM is there to have fun _and_ provide fun.(2009-12-12 15:19:52) MaxwellSmart: but I repeat it’s seldom done15:20(2009-12-12 15:20:06) Knaight: Or to have fun by providing fun. I would say that it is often done, just never to a perfect extent.(2009-12-12 15:20:08) MaxwellSmart: for this reason Papaganoush, the GM should be the one encouraging this debate(2009-12-12 15:20:20) Korrozive: Knaight: I stand corrected :)(2009-12-12 15:20:32) MaxwellSmart: I disagree Korrozive(2009-12-12 15:20:42) MaxwellSmart: all the players and the GM should have fun and provide fun(2009-12-12 15:20:48) Korrozive: And they usually are, at least nowadays, from the groups I see.(2009-12-12 15:20:52) MaxwellSmart: although that’s another topic(2009-12-12 15:21:02) Korrozive: Nah, that’s the same topic.(2009-12-12 15:21:23) Knaight: Maybe. The topic is blurry.(2009-12-12 15:21:41) Korrozive: If we were ever to  actually type in a social contract, “I have the right to leave any game in which I’m not having fun anymore” would be there, bold.(2009-12-12 15:21:42) MaxwellSmart: giving and taking is an important concept in improvisation arts, in which RP belongs(2009-12-12 15:22:00) MaxwellSmart: Korrozive(2009-12-12 15:22:02) MaxwellSmart: that’s pointless(2009-12-12 15:22:17) MaxwellSmart: what should be written there is what do people consider to be fun(2009-12-12 15:22:28) MaxwellSmart: of course if people is not having fun, you are doing it wrong(2009-12-12 15:22:33) MaxwellSmart: it’s a game(2009-12-12 15:22:43) MaxwellSmart: so people MUST have fun(2009-12-12 15:22:48) Papaganoush: Korrozive has a point. if you are going to codify the contract all aspects of the interaction must be represented(2009-12-12 15:22:50) Knaight: Exactly, but sometimes not everyone has fun.(2009-12-12 15:22:53) MaxwellSmart: the problem is that sometimes people have different ideas of fun(2009-12-12 15:22:55) Korrozive: Max, you’re inferring is that every gamer out there has a conscience “sophisticated” enough to classify RPG as any form of art.(2009-12-12 15:23:25) MaxwellSmart: they should :D(2009-12-12 15:23:35) Knaight: And they can develop one eventually.(2009-12-12 15:23:40) MaxwellSmart: yeah(2009-12-12 15:23:53) MaxwellSmart: I’d say that’s the ideal(2009-12-12 15:23:53) Papaganoush: but should they have to? (2009-12-12 15:24:03) Korrozive: Or may not. Heck, I speak for myself when I say I only got enough nerve to go back to GMing when I decided to just run 4ED dungeons to my players.(2009-12-12 15:24:11) MaxwellSmart: of course(2009-12-12 15:24:14) MaxwellSmart: it’s like growing(2009-12-12 15:24:17) MaxwellSmart: getting better(2009-12-12 15:24:24) Korrozive: And why is it better?(2009-12-12 15:24:33) Papaganoush: I disagree. it is not “getting better”(2009-12-12 15:24:47) Knaight: They may not, or they may. But they can, and it will make it better for them. Fun is purer the more of the mind it engages.(2009-12-12 15:24:49) MaxwellSmart: because you can enjoy the experience at more levels15:25(2009-12-12 15:25:02) Korrozive: Next thing you know, I should be joining those lame, elitist WoD LARPers I find in my city.(2009-12-12 15:25:05) Papaganoush: I know successful groups that are still playing the same game they started 10-15 years ago. everyone is still having fun.(2009-12-12 15:25:39) Papaganoush: It is not what I would want form my game experience but for them it is exactly what they want(2009-12-12 15:25:49) Papaganoush: Their social contract is differnet than mine(2009-12-12 15:25:51) MaxwellSmart: without any evolution?(2009-12-12 15:25:56) MaxwellSmart: then you are doing it wrong also(2009-12-12 15:25:59) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion(2009-12-12 15:26:05) MaxwellSmart: that’s still even another topic(2009-12-12 15:26:15) MaxwellSmart: but I think playing is learning(2009-12-12 15:26:19) Korrozive: No, it ain’t. Doing it wrong is also breaking the contract. :P(2009-12-12 15:26:40) MaxwellSmart: if you are doing the same over and over without no evolution…(2009-12-12 15:26:46) Knaight: They are having fun, just not as much as they potentially could, at least, looking at the fun from the game. Certainly social relations have evolved.(2009-12-12 15:26:52) MaxwellSmart: well it’s like playing tennis with softballs forever(2009-12-12 15:26:54) Papaganoush: but it is not “wrong” it might not be fun to you or to me but that is the group set goals and expectations(2009-12-12 15:26:56) MaxwellSmart: you can say you are having fun(2009-12-12 15:27:29) Papaganoush: If I came along and enforced my expectations I would be breaking the contract for my own game at their expense(2009-12-12 15:27:29) MaxwellSmart: but I don’t think you are having the real fun(2009-12-12 15:27:58) Korrozive: If having fun is the point, then they could be, dunno, clubbing, dating, watching a movie (this very same topic, under these very same lights, emerged in my group several times).(2009-12-12 15:28:35) Papaganoush: what about people that play bridge or chess. they play the same game year after year after year. many games are mathematically solved (like backgammon) but people still play them with the same rules and enjoy it(2009-12-12 15:28:36) Korrozive: Could they be having fun another way, be it a more sophisticated RPG experience or another activity altogheter? Sure, they could. Should they? If they want, sure they should. If they don’t, heck no. Simple as that.(2009-12-12 15:28:50) MaxwellSmart: no Papaganoush, they get better and better(2009-12-12 15:28:53) Knaight: Yes, but people get better and better at bridge and chess.(2009-12-12 15:28:58) MaxwellSmart: even Kasparov is still learning and getting better(2009-12-12 15:28:59) Knaight: Which changes the game fundamentally.(2009-12-12 15:29:12) Papaganoush: but they don’t add rule to the game(2009-12-12 15:29:19) MaxwellSmart: so what?(2009-12-12 15:29:20) Korrozive: What about those Sunday nights baskedball players that usually just get older?(2009-12-12 15:29:25) MaxwellSmart: I never said you should add any rule(2009-12-12 15:29:42) Papaganoush: but if they are playing the same game they did 10 year ago they haven’t eveolved(2009-12-12 15:29:52) Papaganoush: it can’t be fun15:30(2009-12-12 15:30:03) Papaganoush: (paraphrasing what you said above)(2009-12-12 15:30:06) MaxwellSmart: I don’t know what do you mean by that Korrozive, but I am sure they don’t have as much fun as the real thing(2009-12-12 15:30:20) MaxwellSmart: of course you have evolved if you get better(2009-12-12 15:30:25) MaxwellSmart: you get more sophisticated(2009-12-12 15:30:29) Korrozive: So… if I can’t play bass like Fieldy or Flea, should I just quit playing it altogether?(2009-12-12 15:30:42) MaxwellSmart: what do you mean kasparov have not evolved since he started playing?(2009-12-12 15:30:46) Knaight: It isn’t the same game. As you get better you get to play a game with more and more nuances. Getting better is done naturally.(2009-12-12 15:30:58) MaxwellSmart: no Korrozive, you should keep getting better(2009-12-12 15:31:07) Korrozive: Naturally. That’s an interesting word.(2009-12-12 15:31:14) MaxwellSmart: maybe you will never be like them, but the more you learn the more enjoyment you will get from it(2009-12-12 15:31:14) Papaganoush: Lets switch gears(2009-12-12 15:31:27) MaxwellSmart: or do you prefer to play the same childish easy melody forever and ever?(2009-12-12 15:31:30) MaxwellSmart: hey, you are still having fun!(2009-12-12 15:31:37) Papaganoush: So lets say we are going to play a game that isn’t safe. Steal away Jordan or Carry. Steal away Jordan focuses on Slavery in the Early American South and Carry deals with death during the Vietnam war.(2009-12-12 15:32:00) Papaganoush: how do you approach the game form a cold start – playing online or at a con(2009-12-12 15:32:18) Knaight: You are looking for a different goal at this point. Not fun, enlightenment. If people don’t understand that, there will be problems, and thus people need to know the point.(2009-12-12 15:32:29) Papaganoush: How do you set the expectations for the game and understand how to deal with the players without knowing them for years and years of trial and error?(2009-12-12 15:32:48) MaxwellSmart: social contract :D(2009-12-12 15:33:06) Papaganoush: ah but it still has to be fun at some level – if it isn’t fun no one will want to play. (2009-12-12 15:33:09) MaxwellSmart: yeah you should make clear what the game will be about and what you will encounter(2009-12-12 15:33:17) Korrozive: For starters, if I didn’t have enough space for a foreword in the game listing, I’d think thrice about running it altogether :P(2009-12-12 15:33:36) Papaganoush: I guess that is incorrect. there has to be some payoff. fun is only one possible payoff for the game(2009-12-12 15:33:46) Knaight: Exactly.(2009-12-12 15:33:49) Korrozive: Such controversial topics are very, very tricky.(2009-12-12 15:34:05) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion, in most games people don’t have that much fun(2009-12-12 15:34:23) MaxwellSmart: it’s more of a social activity(2009-12-12 15:34:43) Korrozive: Social is another interesting word.(2009-12-12 15:34:46) MaxwellSmart: that’s why in RPGs people is so easily distracted(2009-12-12 15:34:47) Knaight: Yes, they are. The goal of the game is to get people to think, and to be in those games is to learn to think a different way, to gain perspective.(2009-12-12 15:34:54) Papaganoush: to quote wil wheaton “gaming is a social activity”(2009-12-12 15:34:56) Korrozive: Coupled with “naturally” and “evolution”, we get “Natural social evolution”.15:35(2009-12-12 15:35:00) MaxwellSmart: and start chatting about other stuff(2009-12-12 15:35:08) MaxwellSmart: in my experience, a game that is really engaging is rare(2009-12-12 15:35:13) Knaight: Natural social evolution. Sounds accurate enough to me.(2009-12-12 15:35:23) MaxwellSmart: but all games should be like that(2009-12-12 15:35:30) MaxwellSmart: so we all are doing it wrong(2009-12-12 15:35:37) Korrozive: Some people do learn to be empathic and not kick people’s emotional/mental issues in conversation. Why shouldn’t we expect the same in gaming?(2009-12-12 15:35:38) Papaganoush: where does the thought that “the goal of the game is to get people to think” come from?(2009-12-12 15:36:06) MaxwellSmart: well it’s a mental game..(2009-12-12 15:36:13) Korrozive: Oh, getting people to think is one thing. Another is “getting people to think like X”.(2009-12-12 15:36:41) Korrozive: I’ve seen people naming their chess pieces. How’s that _really_ different from playing RPG?(2009-12-12 15:36:44) Papaganoush: yes but it could be just as valid to say that the goal of the game is to allow players to escape into a fantasy for a while(2009-12-12 15:36:45) MaxwellSmart: are you familiar with that experience I am describing?(2009-12-12 15:36:54) Knaight: Sure, but then there is getting people to think about X. If X is part of Y, consideration given to X may change the opinions about Y>(2009-12-12 15:36:59) MaxwellSmart: being in a game and thinking “OK, that is -almost- fun, but not quite…”(2009-12-12 15:37:22) Knaight: Escapism is also in some games. Both are different goals, as is Fun, although Fun works with either.(2009-12-12 15:37:36) Papaganoush: MaxwellSmart – lets come back to that thought in just a minute(2009-12-12 15:37:46) Korrozive: Knaight: Point. I wouldn’t want to escape to a fantasy that sucks more than real life.(2009-12-12 15:38:33) MaxwellSmart: yeah in the two games you mentioned before the social contract should make clear it’s not a game of escapism…(2009-12-12 15:38:33) Knaight: Exactly, which is why the dystopia genre basically sucks for escapism, unless you can change it.(2009-12-12 15:38:37) Korrozive: (Incidentally, I do remember of a game where you played a gamer playing a game)(2009-12-12 15:39:03) Korrozive: Knaight: Which is why players in such genres usually represent “the last hope” or something.(2009-12-12 15:39:07) Papaganoush: I can really see a lot about social contracts in just the last couple of minutes. The things I bring to the table say a lot more about me and the games I play than the setting and rules I choose to play(2009-12-12 15:39:24) Korrozive: Papaganoush: Indeed.(2009-12-12 15:39:43) MaxwellSmart: more than a couple of minutes…(2009-12-12 15:39:49) MaxwellSmart: we sidetracked a lot15:40(2009-12-12 15:40:02) Korrozive: I still don’t see how we did that, Max.(2009-12-12 15:40:32) Knaight: Understanding the goals of gaming helps make social contracts. You need to know the goals, then you need to figure out how to achieve those goals.(2009-12-12 15:40:46) MaxwellSmart: back to the players expectations… it should be made clear in the contract what you are in it for…(2009-12-12 15:41:03) MaxwellSmart: as we all agreed, fun is usually the main expectation (I guess there can be others)(2009-12-12 15:41:04) MaxwellSmart: but(2009-12-12 15:41:08) Knaight: Exactly. And the general ideas of how to achieve it.(2009-12-12 15:41:15) MaxwellSmart: in my opinion the problem is people have different ideas about what is fun(2009-12-12 15:41:17) Korrozive: What is fun? I ask my players that a lot nowadays. My people crack jokes like mad. It’s hard to play with them for more than 30 minutes without laughs bursting. But hey, that happens when I’m trying to run personal horror as well. See?(2009-12-12 15:41:33) MaxwellSmart: yeah Korrozive!(2009-12-12 15:41:36) MaxwellSmart: that’s what I mean(2009-12-12 15:42:00) Papaganoush: That of course is the trap. The more you play with the same people the more you inderstand YOUR social contract and the less likely you are able to see the changes that need to be made to play with others(2009-12-12 15:42:05) MaxwellSmart: so how to use the social contract to discuss those expectations? those definitions of fun?(2009-12-12 15:42:19) MaxwellSmart: we lack a “language” to discuss them(2009-12-12 15:42:53) Korrozive: Know what solution I found to that? “My players obviously don’t wanna play that style, so I’ll find another group who do”. Am I ditching them? No. I just stopped trying to sell drama to comedy aficcionados.(2009-12-12 15:42:56) Papaganoush: there is also a cultural barrier. western cultures in my experience do not effectively teach confrontation. (2009-12-12 15:43:00) Knaight: No we don’t. Everyone has something they want out of a game, that is fun for them. Escapism, learning, thought provoking, all those contribute to Fun, although it differents from person to person.(2009-12-12 15:44:05) Korrozive: Knaight: Exactly. As I said to my players, “The movie Titanic is also fun, to some people”. I see no fun at all in most LARPs, but more power to them if they’re having fun (as long as their fun doesn’t ruin mine, as when they come with their elitist bs).(2009-12-12 15:44:39) Papaganoush: I just had a thought… we can learn something from World of Warcraft. Guild rules. The gamers have learned to set expectations up front without labelling (or minimal labelling) of behaviors as good or bad.(2009-12-12 15:44:40) MaxwellSmart: you really hate your local LARPers :D(2009-12-12 15:44:45) MaxwellSmart: Korrozive(2009-12-12 15:44:59) Korrozive: With a passion. :P15:45(2009-12-12 15:45:12) MaxwellSmart: can you elaborate Papaganoush?(2009-12-12 15:45:22) Papaganoush: When I ran my guild the rules were plainly stated and publicly posted(2009-12-12 15:45:23) Korrozive: But only whenever they’re in a position that enables them to mess with me.(2009-12-12 15:46:04) Knaight: Which is the point of a social *contract*, sometimes the unwritten won’t cut it. I would say that this is a minority of times among local groups, or even online groups.(2009-12-12 15:46:05) Papaganoush: if as a gaming group the social contract allowed for free stating what you want and the expectation that all the players are responsible for the game (2009-12-12 15:46:38) Korrozive: (ack, need to be afk for a couple of minutes, will be back ASAP)(2009-12-12 15:46:48) Korrozive is now known as KRZV-away(2009-12-12 15:47:21) MaxwellSmart: but those rules are usually on how to behave(2009-12-12 15:47:39) Knaight: Sure, but those clarify what is wanted to an extent.(2009-12-12 15:47:41) MaxwellSmart: like, as you said at the beggining, regarding ettiquete(2009-12-12 15:47:52) MaxwellSmart: those matters are easy to address(2009-12-12 15:48:30) MaxwellSmart: also the matter of the “hard limits” regarding gore, sexual content, and so(2009-12-12 15:48:39) Papaganoush: but I think that it is the promotion of the open discussion without judgement that makes the guild rules work. (2009-12-12 15:48:59) MaxwellSmart: what do you mean?(2009-12-12 15:49:28) Papaganoush: if you were to join my gaming group – how would you be integrated? (2009-12-12 15:49:41) Papaganoush: there would be discussion of simple rules.(2009-12-12 15:49:57) Papaganoush: mostly to do with game ettiquette15:50(2009-12-12 15:50:12) Papaganoush: no rolling “to hit” until it is your initiative(2009-12-12 15:50:13) Knaight: Really? I would just assume that things are basically the same, and correct if necessary.(2009-12-12 15:50:31) Papaganoush: no peanut snacks because X is allergic(2009-12-12 15:51:06) Knaight: That would be clarified.(2009-12-12 15:51:07) Papaganoush: but would there be a notice that – there is no sexual innuendo at the table? (2009-12-12 15:51:59) MaxwellSmart: I think in most groups it would rather be discussed when it happens(2009-12-12 15:52:00) Knaight: No, but if it came up, then it can be corrected.(2009-12-12 15:52:08) MaxwellSmart: like in “Hey, we don’t do that in our group.”(2009-12-12 15:52:12) MaxwellSmart: and that would be the end of it(2009-12-12 15:52:31) MaxwellSmart: but that assumes the group had clear rules(2009-12-12 15:52:33) Papaganoush: Knaight – you hit it perfectly – “I would just assume that things are basically the same”. we all would and that is where we are hurting our chances of really good games.(2009-12-12 15:52:56) MaxwellSmart: we can call that, as we said at the beginning, social contract by “trial and error”(2009-12-12 15:53:19) Papaganoush: all game groups have really clear rules. but they are not discussed they are gradually grown over years of interaction(2009-12-12 15:53:36) MaxwellSmart: yeah(2009-12-12 15:53:39) Knaight: Sure, but it is fairly easy to gauge general differences after 1 session, and specifics can be worked out then. Its trial and error, or shooting in the dark.(2009-12-12 15:53:44) MaxwellSmart: also as you said before people don’t like confrontation(2009-12-12 15:54:10) MaxwellSmart: sometimes in an established group, if someone does not fit, he is not told, instead they don’t call him for the next game(2009-12-12 15:54:39) Papaganoush: Social contracts a re murky things.(2009-12-12 15:54:41) MaxwellSmart: but maybe the reason was a misunderstanding that could have easily been corrected by discussing it15:55(2009-12-12 15:55:00) Igor: reminder (15:55:00): it is almost over(2009-12-12 15:55:11) MaxwellSmart: thanks igor(2009-12-12 15:55:14) MaxwellSmart: :P(2009-12-12 15:56:36) Knaight: Sure, but all that just means that people need to be willing to be more confrontational. And really, asking someone to make minor behavioral changes in certain conditions? Hardly a confrontation.(2009-12-12 15:56:48) Papaganoush: one last thought – how do you overcome the GM “false authority” for social contracts? if I am the GM how do I make it okay for a player to express different expectations than mine? As a player how do I approach my GM with thses concerns?(2009-12-12 15:57:19) Knaight: What “false authority”. I have never even seen this.(2009-12-12 15:57:28) Papaganoush: but Knaight it IS confrontational – but we need to stop seeing the confrontation as a BAD thing(2009-12-12 15:57:59) Knaight: Hardly. A confrontation implies a certain level of hostility.(2009-12-12 15:58:05) Papaganoush: really? way up at the beginning we talked about how the GM was primarily responsible for the tone of the game(2009-12-12 15:58:36) Papaganoush: so we need to start seeing it as d difference of opinion(2009-12-12 15:59:10) Papaganoush: dfifferent but not wrong needs to be the mantra for the social contract(2009-12-12 15:59:12) MaxwellSmart: I’d say the GM should encourage the discussion(2009-12-12 15:59:37) MaxwellSmart: and make sure everyone expresses their opinions16:00(2009-12-12 16:00:00) Igor: reminder (16:00:00): well that is it then, stopping the log(2009-12-12 16:00:06) Papaganoush: make sure everyone is aware it is okay to express their  opinions. (2009-12-12 16:00:10) Knaight: There is the difference between authority and responsibility for the tone. The GM has the most ability to impact the tone, that isn’t authority, it is a positional matter. The players have the most impact on the plot, the GM the tone, the climate the clothing of the people there.(2009-12-12 16:01:05) MaxwellSmart: responsability is a key concept here…(2009-12-12 16:01:16) KRZV-away is now known as Korrozive(2009-12-12 16:01:17) Papaganoush: I agree Knaight but in may game groups the players just go along for the ride with the GM. because she is the GM. (2009-12-12 16:01:43) MaxwellSmart: yeah that’s what happens(2009-12-12 16:01:43) Knaight: Or because they have more fun playing entirely reactive positions instead of proactive positions, and they believe their role is to react.(2009-12-12 16:01:49) MaxwellSmart: there’s at least three problems:(2009-12-12 16:02:00) Papaganoush: that is why I called it false authority. there is no real authority but some people believe it is there and it limits their willingness to be assertive(2009-12-12 16:02:03) MaxwellSmart: 1- people not being bold/daring/assertive enough to express what they want(2009-12-12 16:02:11) MaxwellSmart: 2- people not really knowing what they want(2009-12-12 16:02:16) MaxwellSmart: well, two problems(2009-12-12 16:02:48) Papaganoush: well great discussion but I have to wrap it up soon(2009-12-12 16:03:01) MaxwellSmart: so we just let the GM decide and then if we don’t like it we say she sucks(2009-12-12 16:03:02) Knaight: But it isn’t authority. It is a belief of metagame roles, and a preference towards certain metagame roles.(2009-12-12 16:03:10) Knaight: Great discussion.(2009-12-12 16:03:10) MaxwellSmart: it’s the easy way(2009-12-12 16:03:34) MaxwellSmart: ok Papaganoush, thanks for setting it up(2009-12-12 16:03:39) Papaganoush: like I said Knaight false authority some people assume that the authority is there – even with all the evidence it is not (2009-12-12 16:03:41) MaxwellSmart: nice to discuss with you all, as always(2009-12-12 16:03:53) Papaganoush: maybe this topic will have to repeat in Jan or feb(2009-12-12 16:04:03) Knaight: Sounds good.(2009-12-12 16:04:42) Korrozive: Hmmm…(2009-12-12 16:04:49) Knaight: Now to the Fudge channel for an impromptu game to demonstate what we’ve learned?!16:05(2009-12-12 16:05:07) Korrozive: I’d like to say just one more thing about social contracts, if still allowed.(2009-12-12 16:05:07) Papaganoush: next weekend – “let’s play” a 1 hour game for a new system. (2009-12-12 16:05:24) Papaganoush: quick before I post the logs ;)(2009-12-12 16:05:43) Korrozive: As I said before, I basically play with a bunch of stand up comedians.(2009-12-12 16:07:30) Korrozive: If I wanted to run a horror game and drafted, alongside them, a social contract expressing so, would they accept it? I’m sure they would. Would they be able to pull it off? For a session or two, tops. The idea of a social contract, that explicitly, may be overwhelming to people, especially in a social environment as a RPG. They’d accept to not be left out, to not be the one who “spoiled the fun”, and even so, to not go against the already mentioned GM’s false authority

After taking a short break for the month of November the Game Farm sessions are returning!

The next session is Scheduled for Saturday Dec 12 at 3pm Mountain and the topic is the social contract.

Based on feedback and suggestions I will be making a few small changes to the chat:

#1 about an hour before the chat starts I will post a short article on the main topic. This article will include my opinions on the topic. If you want to include a comment in the pre-chat article send me your comments at http://scr.im/gamefarm.

#2 I am going to moderate the room. 30 minutes prior to the chat I will turn off all posting. and if you want to post you will have to send me a private message and I will enable you for posting.

I hope to see you all in the GameFarm this Saturday!

PS 3 pm mountain is:
Berlin (23:00 Dec 12),
GMT (22:00 Dec 12),
Sao Paulo (20:00 Dec 12),
Fortaleza (19:00 Dec 12),
New York (17:00 Dec 12),
Chicago (16:00 Dec 12),
Edmonton (15:00 Dec 12),
Los Angeles (14:00 Dec 12),
Manila (06:00 Dec 13)

Another pick up game played over IRC 2009.11.29

Characters:

Ezekiel White the Helpless survivor (Knaight)

Fear:1

Diary: Dear God. I send my prayers up to you continually, and have but one question. Why have you sent me these zombies to test my faith? I was always good at saving souls, and I see this as a chance to save the souls of my companions (I think some of them might be-dare I write it-atheists), but I just find it hard to believe in you sometimes, what with the zombies killing everybody. Please send me a sign. Thy will be done. They got into your church, and I pray that they may absolve their sins and come back to humanity.

Robert the Strong survivor (Maxwellsmart & charl)

Fear:2

Weapon

Diary: They got into the church. Will fell from the roof and they got him. The rest of us got away, no thanks to Mr “Jesus loves me.” Seems like I always have to get him out of trouble. Thankfully he isn’t that heavy, so I can carry him easily. Our truck fell over though, and now here we are out in the woods by the side of the freeway. I don’t think any of them followed us at least.

Earl Robinson the Clever Survivor (Tomshad)

Fear: 2

Diary:

William Smith the Sneaky Survivor (charl)

Fear: 1

Diary:

Fell off roof to his death. And it was hilarious.

Barry Mannon, the Fast Survivor (fudgebob)

Fear: 2

Weapon

Diary:

 

Dear Mandy,

I’ve been stuck in an old church surrounded by zombies but it collapsed. I had to run for a nearby truck, avoiding cold, clammy undead hands and got a crowbar for my troubles. The 18 wheeler then jackknifes at the onramp and now i’m stuck in the woods. Typical!

Love,

Barry “The Real Manilow” Mannon

Nickolas the Dangerous Survivor (Korrozive)

Fear: 2

Weapon

Diary:

“‘Violent behavior’ my ass! I bet the force was real sorry for letting me go, huh? So what if I’m not another hypocrite who pretends his baton ain’t a persuasion tool? I use it, I’m good at it, and I’d take the club any day over the blue uniform, especially now that the world has ended.

Game Log:

(2009-11-29 15:32:20) You are now known as Narrator
(2009-11-29 15:32:23) Knaight: My googledoc? Que?
(2009-11-29 15:32:28) Knaight is now known as Ezekiel
(2009-11-29 15:32:44) tomshad: is that to write as we go ?
(2009-11-29 15:33:02) Narrator: gone!
(2009-11-29 15:33:02) fudgebob: yes, Ezekiel , your googledoc of characters
(2009-11-29 15:33:08) tomshad: this is my first time
(2009-11-29 15:33:17) Ezekiel: (Not mine. Narrator’s.)
(2009-11-29 15:33:22) fudgebob: you can write later, tom
(2009-11-29 15:33:27) tomshad: ok
(2009-11-29 15:33:36) Ezekiel: (We will tell you when to write. Most notably Narrator.)
(2009-11-29 15:33:43) charl: This channel?
(2009-11-29 15:34:00) Ezekiel: (And I’m assuming the usual notation for out of character stuff. Is that a safe, and more importantly accurate, assumption?)
(2009-11-29 15:34:02) Narrator: we can play here unless you want to go
(2009-11-29 15:34:13) Narrator: yes ( indicatres OOC
(2009-11-29 15:34:23) Narrator: > indicates continuing narration to come
(2009-11-29 15:34:50) fudgebob: use (( for ooc, its easier – no need to type the ending )
(2009-11-29 15:34:56) MaxwellSmart is now known as RobStrong
15:35
(2009-11-29 15:35:04) Narrator: all players please roll 4d6 add all 6’s form all players together. target is 6 successes or more
(2009-11-29 15:35:18) Ezekiel: (If you want to type something very long, but want to get it in now, use >, to clarify)
(2009-11-29 15:35:24) tomshad: how do i chnge my name like you guys did ?
(2009-11-29 15:35:30) Ezekiel: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 15:35:31) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 18 (5, 3, 6, 4) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 15:35:34) Narrator: use /nick new_name
(2009-11-29 15:35:43) Arle: Type /quit.
(2009-11-29 15:35:44) fudgebob is now known as BarryMoore
(2009-11-29 15:35:55) BarryMoore: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 15:35:56) charl is now known as Will_Smith
(2009-11-29 15:35:56) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 19 (4, 5, 5, 5) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 15:36:01) Ezekiel: (@tomshad use Narrator’s advice, not Arle’s)
(2009-11-29 15:36:06) Will_Smith: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 15:36:07) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 10 (6, 1, 2, 1) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 15:36:11) Arle: Pfft, ruin my fun.
(2009-11-29 15:36:24) Narrator: 2 successes so far
(2009-11-29 15:36:26) mode (+m ) by BarryMoore
(2009-11-29 15:36:44) mode (-m ) by BarryMoore
(2009-11-29 15:36:45) tomshad: *roll4d6
(2009-11-29 15:36:47) RobStrong: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 15:36:48) LadyLuck: RobStrong: 16 (2, 6, 5, 3) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 15:36:54) RobStrong: yay
(2009-11-29 15:36:55) Narrator: 3
(2009-11-29 15:37:03) BarryMoore: :)
(2009-11-29 15:37:12) tomshad: *roll4d6
(2009-11-29 15:37:24) BarryMoore: ((no spaces
(2009-11-29 15:37:24) Will_Smith: (tomshad, you need a space before the dice notation.)
(2009-11-29 15:37:36) tomshad:  *roll4d6
(2009-11-29 15:37:42) Narrator: @ tomshad *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 15:37:43) tomshad: sorry
(2009-11-29 15:37:54) tomshad: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 15:37:55) LadyLuck: tomshad: 19 (6, 1, 6, 6) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 15:38:01) Narrator: SANCTUARY!
(2009-11-29 15:38:24) Ezekiel: (Tomshad, name change please.
(2009-11-29 15:38:45) tomshad is now known as earl
(2009-11-29 15:39:20) earl: good ?
(2009-11-29 15:39:37) Ezekiel: (Yeah. Things are looking up.)
(2009-11-29 15:39:39) earl is now known as earl_robinson
(2009-11-29 15:39:52) Narrator: starting
(2009-11-29 15:39:54) Narrator: >
15:40
(2009-11-29 15:40:47) Narrator: It has been three days since your van broke down and you made ran into the church just ahead of the raving mobs. Funny to think that a church is supplying you with safety from the undead better than the gun shop did.
(2009-11-29 15:40:47) Narrator: YOu have a small pile of food and water and have managed to barricade the doors and block the windows with pews.
(2009-11-29 15:40:56) Narrator: I has been a few days since the last rain
(2009-11-29 15:41:07) Narrator: and you can hear the zombies hammering at the doors.
(2009-11-29 15:41:14) Narrator: done
(2009-11-29 15:41:32) Narrator: ((zombie clock 0 supplies 6
(2009-11-29 15:41:59) BarryMoore: “I’m hungry… any chocolates left?”
(2009-11-29 15:42:11) Will_Smith: (does the church have a tower? Do we have access to all the rooms or just the main altar chambers?)
(2009-11-29 15:42:40) Will_Smith: “We need to ration what we have.”
(2009-11-29 15:42:46) earl_robinson: (do we have rope or the equivalent ?)
(2009-11-29 15:42:53) Narrator: ((will if you ask me I can give you answers – better option is to roll the dice. if you get a 6 you tell me about the church
(2009-11-29 15:43:09) Ezekiel: Ezekiel pulls out a chocolate, gestures with it at Barry, and starts to eat it. “The Lord giveth,” he states, pointing at the church, “and the Lord taketh away” he says, putting the chocolate away,
(2009-11-29 15:43:09) Narrator: (( no tools or weapons but 6 days of perishable supplies
(2009-11-29 15:43:18) KRZV-away: (do we have room for another survivor?)
(2009-11-29 15:43:24) Ezekiel: (Yes)
(2009-11-29 15:43:36) RobStrong: (Yeah we barely started :)
(2009-11-29 15:43:38) Narrator: ((KRZV-away – one left dangerous
(2009-11-29 15:43:47) KRZV-away: (ok)
(2009-11-29 15:43:56) KRZV-away is now known as Nicholas
(2009-11-29 15:43:59) ***BarryMoore glares at Ezekiel “Funny, Ez”
(2009-11-29 15:44:04) earl_robinson: can i roll to do something here ?
(2009-11-29 15:44:36) Narrator: ((you can roll anytome that someone is not already narrating. but remember each roll has a risk.
(2009-11-29 15:44:56) earl_robinson: (how many dice do i need to roll ? )
15:45
(2009-11-29 15:45:02) charl [~charle@OWIRCN-932a3544.ostruktur.com] entered the room.
(2009-11-29 15:45:10) charl is now known as will
(2009-11-29 15:45:15) will: (sorry, my other shell connection died)
(2009-11-29 15:45:34) RobStrong: we are running out of beer
(2009-11-29 15:46:12) earl_robinson: ( do i roll 4d6 ?)
(2009-11-29 15:46:35) will: “As long as we have water we will be fine.”
(2009-11-29 15:46:37) Nicholas: (plus one for each other survivor)
(2009-11-29 15:46:41) will: “But we are running out of that too.”
(2009-11-29 15:47:05) earl_robinson: (how many in our party now / )
(2009-11-29 15:47:06) Narrator: (( earl roll 8d6 4 if you are clever 4 for the group being together and any number you want to take our of supplies
(2009-11-29 15:47:36) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:47:37) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 30 (4, 1, 5, 4, 3, 6, 1, 6) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:48:02) Narrator: ((2 successes earl narrates
(2009-11-29 15:48:25) ***Nicholas watches the altar, calm, thoughtful, murmuring something to himself, wondering how hard could a skull be crushed with one of those apparently heavy, solid candlesticks.
(2009-11-29 15:48:48) Will_Smith left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 121 seconds).
(2009-11-29 15:48:54) earl_robinson: I ook in the corner and see a small cabinet that we havent opened .. and figure out the combination lock listening very closely to the cliicks
(2009-11-29 15:49:10) earl_robinson: in the cabinet are robes for the priests
(2009-11-29 15:49:29) BarryMoore: “Better give some water to Will… he keeps passing out”
(2009-11-29 15:49:34) earl_robinson: i take all the rope lining the cloaks and tie it together
(2009-11-29 15:49:51) earl_robinson: and grapple a high beam
(2009-11-29 15:49:53) ***Ezekiel puts on a robe. “They will not harm a holy man. We are saved”
(2009-11-29 15:49:55) Will_Smith [~charl@OWIRCN-1ea7b4bf.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] entered the room.
(2009-11-29 15:49:59) earl_robinson: climb up to the bell tower
15:50
(2009-11-29 15:50:06) BarryMoore: ((cool, earl_robinson ! :)
(2009-11-29 15:50:13) earl_robinson: and see if I can look out
(2009-11-29 15:50:29) Narrator: ((are you asking me or rolling?
(2009-11-29 15:50:35) earl_robinson: (can i get out of the window with bars ?)
(2009-11-29 15:50:47) Ezekiel: (Do not ask, roll)
(2009-11-29 15:50:48) Will_Smith: ((Ok, back.)
(2009-11-29 15:50:51) Narrator: ((ibid – are you asking or rolling?
(2009-11-29 15:50:54) ***Nicholas takes his time swinging each candlestick, wondering if any are made actually made of bronze or whatever the church uses for ostentation nowadays.
(2009-11-29 15:50:54) Will_Smith: (I’m sorry about the connection troubles).
(2009-11-29 15:50:58) will left the room (quit: Quit: leaving).
(2009-11-29 15:50:58) BarryMoore: “Will, are you ok? You keep passing out… here, have some water”
(2009-11-29 15:50:58) Nicholas: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:50:59) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 30 (5, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 2) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:51:04) ***RobStrong is sitting in one of the benches of the church, with her feet resting in the front bench, which he has pulled further to the front to be more comfortable.
(2009-11-29 15:51:06) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:51:07) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 29 (1, 4, 3, 6, 3, 4, 2, 6) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:51:17) Narrator: ((2 successes Nicholas narrates
(2009-11-29 15:51:20) BarryMoore: “Drats!”
(2009-11-29 15:51:29) Will_Smith: “Thank you. I guess I have been feeling a little under the weather.”
(2009-11-29 15:51:30) ***RobStrong is eating some of the scavenged snack foods with a beer, completely disrespectful about the sacredness of the place.
(2009-11-29 15:52:44) Nicholas: “Nice, heavy, heavenly skull bashing…”, he says, confirming that the two candlesticks in the center of the altar, both about two and a half feet long, are actually made of bronze, solid but not heavy enough as to keep him from swinging wildly when needed.
(2009-11-29 15:52:56) ***Ezekiel snatches away Rob’s food, spilling the beer in the process, and proceeds to give an impromptu sermon.
(2009-11-29 15:52:57) Narrator: You hear a scream in the distance – and the pounding at the doors stops for just a second
(2009-11-29 15:53:25) ***Will_Smith gets up and sneaks up to the doors, trying to get a peek through the barricades.
(2009-11-29 15:53:30) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:53:30) BarryMoore: “Uh oh”
(2009-11-29 15:53:30) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 33 (5, 6, 3, 6, 6, 1, 3, 3) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:53:32) ***Nicholas quickly shifts his gaze towards the doors. “Silence ain’t good.”
(2009-11-29 15:53:33) Narrator: (( Nicholas you need to narracter your type – fst to use all 8 dice
(2009-11-29 15:54:03) Narrator: (( 3 successes will narrates
(2009-11-29 15:54:03) BarryMoore: ((nick is the dangerous one methinks
(2009-11-29 15:54:16) Narrator: (( opps my bad
(2009-11-29 15:54:20) Nicholas: ((wasn’t that implicit with all of the “how can I use it to murder stuff” in his thoughts?
(2009-11-29 15:54:44) ***Will_Smith carefully and silently makes his way to the barricades, and standing on top of a pew he peeks over them out over the heads of the zombies.
(2009-11-29 15:54:46) Nicholas: ((oh
(2009-11-29 15:54:46) Narrator: (( I had written down fast twice
(2009-11-29 15:54:56) Nicholas: ((ok
15:55
(2009-11-29 15:55:08) ***RobStrong sits up un the bench a little surprised by the sudden silence, he got used to the pounding on the doors.
(2009-11-29 15:55:13) RobStrong: hey, what’s happening?
(2009-11-29 15:55:30) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:55:31) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 28 (2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, 6) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:55:44) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:55:45) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 34 (5, 6, 6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 3) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:55:57) Narrator: The pounding resumes and the doors shake a little under the renews beating from the undead masses outside
(2009-11-29 15:56:21) Narrator: ((earl then will
(2009-11-29 15:57:06) earl_robinson: i squeeze out of the bell tower and look to see if there is another buiilding or tree to jump to
(2009-11-29 15:57:24) earl_robinson: i see zombies only infront of the church right now
(2009-11-29 15:57:32) dlurker [Mibbit@OWIRCN-74a58e09.ed.shawcable.net] entered the room.
(2009-11-29 15:57:42) ***Will_Smith quickly gets down from the barricades and back to the supply pile. “I don’t think they saw me. They got another one across the plaza. Dragged her out of her car.”
(2009-11-29 15:57:43) Narrator: The doors creak under the pressure of the mass of flesh… the barricade seems to shift  just a fraction sending a small cloud of dust into the foyer
(2009-11-29 15:57:57) Will_Smith: “Oh crap, I hope I didn’t cause that.”
(2009-11-29 15:58:13) Narrator: As earl steps out onto the roof a loud “CRACK!” rings in the church
(2009-11-29 15:58:21) ***Ezekiel tries to follow the other two out to get a look, and is foiled by a beer gut. “Aaaaaah!” “Oh Jesus, heeeelp!”
(2009-11-29 15:58:33) Narrator: a good size rock hits the alter and bounces twice
(2009-11-29 15:58:36) earl_robinson: climb up here guys
(2009-11-29 15:58:44) ***Nicholas looks up, wondering what the hell is going on up there.
(2009-11-29 15:58:56) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:58:57) Narrator: a good size hole is left in one of the stained glass windows
(2009-11-29 15:58:57) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (4, 4, 5, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:59:04) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 15:59:05) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 29 (6, 4, 3, 6, 6, 2, 1, 1) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 15:59:23) Narrator: (( earl then will
(2009-11-29 15:59:45) Narrator: the sind whistles as it blows through the now broken pane of glass
(2009-11-29 15:59:52) Narrator: the wind*
(2009-11-29 15:59:56) earl_robinson: i see a truck just past a few trees
16:00
(2009-11-29 16:00:05) earl_robinson: come up here guy!
(2009-11-29 16:00:09) earl_robinson: guys
(2009-11-29 16:00:29) earl_robinson: i jump to the tree
(2009-11-29 16:00:34) WarLord: [hey guys, I'm going AFK for about two hours, see yall later!]
(2009-11-29 16:00:47) Narrator: ((see ya WarLord
(2009-11-29 16:00:50) ***Will_Smith gathers as much as he can carry, rolls it up in one of the priest robes, trying carefully to not provoke the zombies any more, and makes his way towards the rope.
(2009-11-29 16:00:52) BarryMoore: ((k, WarLord :)
(2009-11-29 16:01:01) Will_Smith: ((Of the supplies.)
(2009-11-29 16:01:20) Ezekiel: ((Bye WarLord)
(2009-11-29 16:01:21) ***BarryMoore helps Will_Smith
(2009-11-29 16:01:21) earl_robinson: (18 wheeler btw)
(2009-11-29 16:01:30) avalon.otherworlders.org: (notice) *** Narrator invited Igor into the channel
(2009-11-29 16:01:31) Igor [~rbot@OWIRCN-9ee3e55c.abhsia.telus.net] entered the room.
(2009-11-29 16:01:49) RobStrong: ((do you mind if I die?
(2009-11-29 16:02:03) RobStrong: ((I usually am up for anything, but I am busy in real life right now…
(2009-11-29 16:02:14) Narrator: (( am I doing that poorly ;)
(2009-11-29 16:02:14) RobStrong: ((I really hate it because I seldom have chance to play :(
(2009-11-29 16:02:23) RobStrong: ((Not at all :((((
(2009-11-29 16:02:28) Ezekiel: (If you need to die, die.)
(2009-11-29 16:02:28) BloodSweatSteel left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(2009-11-29 16:02:29) BarryMoore: ((we’ll make you an NPC for now, RobStrong
(2009-11-29 16:02:40) RobStrong: ((I can’t follow the story… OK
(2009-11-29 16:02:44) Will_Smith: “C’mon, Barry. Let’s go.”
(2009-11-29 16:02:46) Ezekiel: (Don’t worry, we can kill you off later. Bye)
(2009-11-29 16:02:50) Narrator: (( yep npc unless someone frm the peanut gallery want to take over
(2009-11-29 16:03:10) ***Nicholas quickly ties both candlesticks to his belt and rushes to gather as much supplies as he can before attempting to climb up as well.
(2009-11-29 16:03:39) RobStrong: ((I might reapear later and save your sorry asses if I become free…
(2009-11-29 16:03:49) BarryMoore: ((cool, RobStrong :)
(2009-11-29 16:04:08) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 16:04:09) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (3, 5, 2, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 16:04:13) ***BarryMoore asks “Whats the plan?”
(2009-11-29 16:04:14) Nicholas: ((or make the noisy entrance that will give us away to the zombies – that’s cooler :D
(2009-11-29 16:04:25) Ezekiel: “Get me out! Help!” Zombies start spreading around the church.
(2009-11-29 16:04:30) Narrator: A large bang thunders in the church and a massive cloud of dust cascades down the south wall of the church. followed by a another shattering window
(2009-11-29 16:04:38) Will_Smith: “Up the rope!”
(2009-11-29 16:04:38) Narrator: (( earl narrates
(2009-11-29 16:04:54) earl_robinson: That Truck is our only hope..
16:05
(2009-11-29 16:05:03) Narrator: (( Ezekiel – you can spread zombies in sanctuary
(2009-11-29 16:05:21) earl_robinson: I jump from tree to truck roof and start the 18 wheeler
(2009-11-29 16:05:35) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 16:05:36) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 29 (6, 1, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 4) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 16:05:47) Narrator: (( earl you realise that you just narrated “That Truck is our only hope.. ” making it true… :)
(2009-11-29 16:05:56) Narrator: (( will narrates
(2009-11-29 16:06:01) earl_robinson: ( umm that was wrong ?)
(2009-11-29 16:06:13) Ezekiel: (Nah, it should make things interesting.)
(2009-11-29 16:06:13) Narrator: (( not from where I am typing
(2009-11-29 16:06:15) Nicholas: (nah, it was cool)
(2009-11-29 16:06:31) BarryMoore: ((no, but we all gotta head for the truck now! :)
(2009-11-29 16:06:34) ***Will_Smith ties the robes with the supplies to his belt and climbs up the rope. It’s awkward, but he somehow managed to make his way up to the roof.
(2009-11-29 16:06:40) earl_robinson: (i thought that was my succes getting there..and exclaimed that i believe it is our only hope)
(2009-11-29 16:06:41) Will_Smith: *s
(2009-11-29 16:07:01) ***Nicholas prods Ezekiel nervously. “C’mon, we gotta climb, NOW!”
(2009-11-29 16:08:03) Narrator: another rock is hurled into the church through another stained glass window. This window shatters and spraying a good portion of the floor with small pieces of glass and tin
(2009-11-29 16:08:12) Will_Smith: “C’mon, hurry up!” I yell down.
(2009-11-29 16:08:31) BarryMoore: ((if i make a run for the truck, how many do i need to roll?
(2009-11-29 16:08:45) Narrator: Several zombie start to move towards Earl and the truck
(2009-11-29 16:08:56) Narrator: (( @ BarryMoore 8d6
(2009-11-29 16:09:48) BarryMoore: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 16:09:49) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 27 (1, 1, 4, 5, 5, 1, 6, 4) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 16:09:50) Ezekiel: “Lord, give me the power to scale these walls.” Ezekial tries to climb, but falls over, onto the barricade, sending it, and him, toppling into a heap. “Help meee”
(2009-11-29 16:09:50) ***Ezekiel gestures helplessly, trying to get lifted up.
(2009-11-29 16:09:50) Ezekiel: “Will, send me a rope and pull meeee” Ezekial squeals.
16:10
(2009-11-29 16:10:01) Narrator: (( barry nbarrate
(2009-11-29 16:10:25) Will_Smith: ((I assume I don’t my sneaky bonus for helping Ezekial?
(2009-11-29 16:10:31) Nicholas: “… good lord…” *ties the rope around Ezekiel’s waist, tightly. “Don’t move!”, and starts to climb up.
(2009-11-29 16:10:34) Narrator: Ezekiel doesn’t seem to be able to climb the rope – his sizable girth is preventing him from getting more than 3-5 inches off the church floor
(2009-11-29 16:10:47) ***BarryMoore runs to the truck as fast as he can, pushing away any shamblers in his way…
(2009-11-29 16:10:51) Narrator: (( Nicklas roll 4d6 for climb
(2009-11-29 16:10:59) Nicholas: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 16:11:00) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 16 (5, 2, 6, 3) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 16:11:11) Ezekiel: (Remember, pulling me up grants you an extra 2 dice.)
(2009-11-29 16:11:18) ***BarryMoore makes it to the truck and gets inside the cab
(2009-11-29 16:11:23) Narrator: (( sorry Ezekiel is right 2d6 more please
(2009-11-29 16:11:52) Nicholas: *With effort, Nicholas manages to climb up, but doesn’t even allow his palms to cool off before starting to pull Ezekiel up*
(2009-11-29 16:11:54) Nicholas: ((oh
(2009-11-29 16:11:58) Nicholas: *roll 2d6
(2009-11-29 16:11:59) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 6 (2, 4) [2d6]
(2009-11-29 16:12:02) Narrator: THe zombies at the front door start trailing after barry towards the truck
(2009-11-29 16:12:14) earl_robinson: ( is that everyone in the truck ?)
(2009-11-29 16:12:20) Narrator: (( one success you can get yourself up but you’d have to cut Ezekielfree to do so
(2009-11-29 16:12:23) BarryMoore: “Ngayahhh!”
(2009-11-29 16:12:27) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 16:12:28) Will_Smith: “Hold on!”
(2009-11-29 16:12:28) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (5, 6, 2, 3, 5, 4, 2, 4) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 16:12:34) Will_Smith: *roll 6d6
(2009-11-29 16:12:35) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 19 (5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 4) [6d6]
(2009-11-29 16:12:38) Narrator: (( ealr narrates
(2009-11-29 16:12:52) Will_Smith: (Will was trying to help Barry)
(2009-11-29 16:12:59) Narrator: (( then I narrate for will
(2009-11-29 16:13:16) earl_robinson: i floor the accelerator .. mowing down about 30 zombies running over them in a not pretty result
(2009-11-29 16:13:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 16:33:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
(2009-11-29 16:13:43) earl_robinson: c and yell.. come on .. we can still get out of here with our lives !
(2009-11-29 16:14:02) Nicholas: ((Then I don’t succeed and slip down
(2009-11-29 16:14:06) Narrator: (( zpmbie clock 1 supplies 5
(2009-11-29 16:14:43) Nicholas: “F*ck, man!” *looks around trying to find another way out*
16:15
(2009-11-29 16:15:31) earl_robinson: (It is me and barry in truck and you two are still outside ? is there a third npc ouutsiude also ?)
(2009-11-29 16:15:40) Narrator: >narrating for will
(2009-11-29 16:15:42) Will_Smith: (I am up on the roof)
(2009-11-29 16:16:14) Nicholas: (me and Ez still in the church)
(2009-11-29 16:16:30) ***BarryMoore looks for a weapon inside the cab…
(2009-11-29 16:16:39) BarryMoore: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 16:16:40) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 11 (2, 2, 6, 1) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 16:16:53) Narrator: >> still narrating for will
(2009-11-29 16:17:17) Narrator: Will starts walk along the roof to find a safe way down when you slip and slide into a mass of undead flesshcold hands grasp your shirt and drag you to the ground. Pain stabs into you as chucks of flesh are torn from your body. Blood seeps into your eyes and you can no longer see. Finally you start to feel warm and darkness fills you vision… you car dead
(2009-11-29 16:17:22) dlurker left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(2009-11-29 16:17:34) dlurker [Mibbit@OWIRCN-74a58e09.ed.shawcable.net] entered the room.
(2009-11-29 16:17:35) Narrator: (( barry narrate
(2009-11-29 16:17:48) Narrator: (( will you are gone you can start another character or take over rob
(2009-11-29 16:17:57) Narrator: all other fear check
(2009-11-29 16:18:01) Will_Smith: (I’ll just take rob)
(2009-11-29 16:18:07) Will_Smith: (What is he doing?)
(2009-11-29 16:18:11) ***BarryMoore sees Will_Smith “Will!!!” *sobs
(2009-11-29 16:18:15) Will_Smith is now known as Robert
(2009-11-29 16:18:21) Narrator: (( all others fear check please 1d6 roll 1 or your fear goes up one
(2009-11-29 16:18:31) BarryMoore: *roll 1d6
(2009-11-29 16:18:32) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 5 (5) [1d6]
(2009-11-29 16:18:34) earl_robinson: *rool 1d6
(2009-11-29 16:18:37) Ezekiel: *roll 1d6
(2009-11-29 16:18:38) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 1 (1) [1d6]
(2009-11-29 16:18:42) earl_robinson: *roll 1d6
(2009-11-29 16:18:43) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 4 (4) [1d6]
(2009-11-29 16:18:50) ***Nicholas is breathing deeply, slowly, eyes coldly focused on the front door. “Can you run, Ezekiel?”
(2009-11-29 16:18:58) earl_robinson: Damnit .. Lets go !!
(2009-11-29 16:19:26) Ezekiel: “Maybe”
(2009-11-29 16:19:37) ***BarryMoore finds a crowbar under the seat
(2009-11-29 16:19:49) Nicholas: “Whatever you do, stay close to me… and don’t find yourself in front of me.”
(2009-11-29 16:19:53) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 16:19:54) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (6, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 4) [8d6]
16:20
(2009-11-29 16:20:31) Nicholas: ((I’m gonna roll and also take 4 dice of the sanctuary pool, is that alright?
(2009-11-29 16:20:37) ***Ezekiel grabs Nick’s wrist and tries to run while being pulled.
(2009-11-29 16:20:39) Narrator: (( rob fear check then earl narrates
(2009-11-29 16:20:45) Robert: (Ok, so Ez and Nich are in the church, and Barry and Earl in the truck. Where am I currently? Not in the scene yet?)
(2009-11-29 16:20:49) Ezekiel: (An extra 2 for helping me as well Nick)
(2009-11-29 16:20:58) Robert: *roll 1d6
(2009-11-29 16:20:59) LadyLuck: Robert: 6 (6) [1d6]
(2009-11-29 16:21:03) Nicholas: ((ok
(2009-11-29 16:21:26) Nicholas: *roll 13d6
(2009-11-29 16:21:27) Narrator: (( nickolas fear check
(2009-11-29 16:21:27) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 54 (2, 2, 3, 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5, 6) [13d6]
(2009-11-29 16:21:55) Narrator: (( nickloas narrate many success
(2009-11-29 16:23:46) earl_robinson: ( we are waiting for Nick narration right ? )
(2009-11-29 16:23:52) Narrator: (( yes
(2009-11-29 16:24:04) Robert: (I still need to know what my character is up to)
(2009-11-29 16:24:08) Narrator: (( (( Robert, Earl and Barry all have 2 fear now. and with the loss of William you only get 3 dice for the party
(2009-11-29 16:24:19) Narrator: (( robert was just sitting in the church
(2009-11-29 16:24:24) Robert: ((Ok
(2009-11-29 16:24:51) Narrator: (( Nicholas? you there?
(2009-11-29 16:24:59) Narrator: (( go ahead robert
16:25
(2009-11-29 16:25:13) earl_robinson: (so when i roll ..  roll 5d6 now ?)
(2009-11-29 16:25:35) ***Robert gets up and in front of Ezekiel and Nicholas. “Stay close.” He says.
(2009-11-29 16:25:43) Robert: *roll 9d6
(2009-11-29 16:25:44) LadyLuck: Robert: 39 (2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5, 4, 5, 4) [9d6]
(2009-11-29 16:25:48) Narrator: (( 4d6 for being clever – and you narrate a clever action + 3d6 for the party if you are all togeteher
(2009-11-29 16:26:04) Narrator: (( too many rober drop last 2 dice
(2009-11-29 16:26:09) Nicholas: *Nicholas eyes seem to go numb, expressionless, but his mouth is twisted, teeth gritted, as he runs towards the front doors, madly swinging both candlesticks at the barricade, clearing a tight but workable way through, enough to allow a small opening of the doors by the first zombie… which promptly gets her head smashed with brutality. Zombie after zombie, Nicholas takes slow but certain steps outside, using both arms and clubs to open a way ou
(2009-11-29 16:26:12) Narrator: (( robert narrates
(2009-11-29 16:26:49) Narrator: ((nicklas cut off at “to open a way ou”
(2009-11-29 16:27:16) ***Robert grabs a large piece of wood from the now broken barricades, holds it in front of himself, and then rams straight through the crowd of zombies, knocking them down as he goes and makes a way to the truck.
(2009-11-29 16:27:58) Nicholas: ((point in effect is, we’re out. :P
(2009-11-29 16:29:07) Robert: “C’mon!” I yell to the others.
(2009-11-29 16:29:08) earl_robinson: (so everyone is in the truck now who is alive ?)
(2009-11-29 16:29:19) Ezekiel: (Yes.)
(2009-11-29 16:29:33) earl_robinson: (my turn to narrate ?)
16:30
(2009-11-29 16:30:10) Robert: (You are the driver right?)
(2009-11-29 16:30:27) earl_robinson: (yes but asking narrator if it is my turn )
(2009-11-29 16:30:28) Narrator: (( sure
(2009-11-29 16:30:49) BarryMoore: ((question: is the 18 wheeler truck hauling something?
(2009-11-29 16:31:32) earl_robinson: I floor the truck again .. saying OK FUCKERS , HOLD ON .. and i mow down zombie after zombie until we get to the onramp of the interstate.
(2009-11-29 16:31:34) Narrator: (( are you asking or rolling? and Nick I need a fear roll
(2009-11-29 16:31:36) Ezekiel: (Ie, a trailer?)
(2009-11-29 16:32:16) earl_robinson: ( yes a long steel trailer, the truck is red )
(2009-11-29 16:32:32) Narrator: (( also robert, Barry and Nickolas each have weapons so they succeed on 5 or 6
(2009-11-29 16:32:42) earl_robinson: i put on Megadeath Peace sells on the stereo
(2009-11-29 16:32:55) Nicholas: *roll 1d6
(2009-11-29 16:32:56) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 2 (2) [1d6]
(2009-11-29 16:32:57) BarryMoore: “MegaDeth!!!”
(2009-11-29 16:32:59) Robert: “How much gas do we have?”
(2009-11-29 16:33:27) Narrator: The truck rumbles along the road. the cab is very crowded but you all manage to fit.
(2009-11-29 16:33:39) Robert: “I do not want to end up like Will… poor bastard.”
(2009-11-29 16:33:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 16:53:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
(2009-11-29 16:33:43) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 17:33:42): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step!
(2009-11-29 16:33:59) Ezekiel: “He brought that to himself. Should have prayed more often.”
(2009-11-29 16:34:07) Robert: “Oh, shut up.”
(2009-11-29 16:34:08) Narrator: (( zombie clock 2 Supplies 0
(2009-11-29 16:34:10) earl_robinson: Shut up Ezekiel
(2009-11-29 16:34:22) Narrator: > Horde event
(2009-11-29 16:34:28) Narrator: >
(2009-11-29 16:34:34) earl_robinson: ( wtf is that )
(2009-11-29 16:34:39) Nicholas: (awesomeness)
(2009-11-29 16:34:44) Robert: (nothing good, I’d vager)
(2009-11-29 16:34:51) Ezekiel: (That is one way to think of it. Nothing good is more accurate.)
16:35
(2009-11-29 16:35:37) BarryMoore: ((it means doom! doooom!
(2009-11-29 16:36:01) Narrator: You slam the brakes to the floor as you ht the on ramp and see that it is filled with a wall of smashed vehicles. The trailer jackknifes and slams into the back of the cab. Metal screams as it is ripped from the back of the truck>
(2009-11-29 16:36:18) BarryMoore: “OMG!!!!”
(2009-11-29 16:36:21) Robert: “Holy fuck!”
(2009-11-29 16:36:25) Narrator: The cab flips onto its side and crashes into the mass of cars on the ramp.>
(2009-11-29 16:36:37) BarryMoore: “Momma!!!”
(2009-11-29 16:36:49) Ezekiel: “Jesus save us!”
(2009-11-29 16:36:54) Narrator: The windshield cracks and falls into the front seat.
(2009-11-29 16:37:01) Narrator: >
(2009-11-29 16:37:09) earl_robinson: “wonderful..15 years of school for this ?”
(2009-11-29 16:37:28) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6
(2009-11-29 16:37:29) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 32 (5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5) [8d6]
(2009-11-29 16:37:47) Narrator: (( not done give me a second and only 7 dice now
(2009-11-29 16:38:00) earl_robinson: ( my  bad)
(2009-11-29 16:38:51) Narrator: A cool wind blows into the cab bringing the smell of grease, rubber, oil, gasoline and the sour stench of rotting flesh. You see several zombies fall, jump nd crawl out of the mass of cars and start moving towards you.
(2009-11-29 16:38:54) Narrator: (( done
(2009-11-29 16:39:12) earl_robinson: *roll 7d6
(2009-11-29 16:39:13) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 21 (3, 1, 5, 1, 1, 6, 4) [7d6]
(2009-11-29 16:39:13) Robert: *roll 7d6
(2009-11-29 16:39:14) LadyLuck: Robert: 22 (2, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 3) [7d6]
(2009-11-29 16:39:16) Narrator: (( you can all roll then narrate in order of rolls
(2009-11-29 16:39:30) BarryMoore: *roll 7d6
(2009-11-29 16:39:30) Nicholas: *roll 7d6
(2009-11-29 16:39:30) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 23 (2, 6, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5) [7d6]
(2009-11-29 16:39:31) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 27 (3, 5, 6, 6, 4, 2, 1) [7d6]
(2009-11-29 16:39:39) Narrator: (( keep in mind that ezekiel needs to be saved too
(2009-11-29 16:39:54) Ezekiel: (And whoever does it gains an extra 2 dice.)
16:40
(2009-11-29 16:40:03) Narrator: (( oh zombie clock resets to zero
(2009-11-29 16:40:13) Robert: ((in that case I’ll roll two more for helping him
(2009-11-29 16:40:23) Robert: *roll 2d6
(2009-11-29 16:40:24) LadyLuck: Robert: 5 (1, 4) [2d6]
(2009-11-29 16:40:53) Narrator: (( narration order earl, Robert, Barry, Nickolas everyon suceeds
(2009-11-29 16:41:50) BarryMoore: ((wait! i want to be a Celebrity Survivor…
(2009-11-29 16:41:57) BarryMoore is now known as BarryManilow
(2009-11-29 16:41:58) earl_robinson: I kick th ecab door open and light a rag in my pocket on fire and throw it towards the accident scene
(2009-11-29 16:42:30) Nicholas: ((… if I knew that was an option, I’d be McHammer.
(2009-11-29 16:42:34) Narrator: (( you need to narrate finding the lighter etc
(2009-11-29 16:42:48) earl_robinson: ok
(2009-11-29 16:43:05) earl_robinson: searches his pocket for a lighter
(2009-11-29 16:43:15) earl_robinson: ( do i rol dice to succeed ?
(2009-11-29 16:43:37) Narrator: (( “cleverly” find the lighter – you already suceeded in finding it just tell the story
(2009-11-29 16:43:41) Ezekiel: (No)
(2009-11-29 16:43:59) earl_robinson: ( and that is the end of my turn narrating ?)
(2009-11-29 16:44:33) Narrator: (( only if you want it to be – narrate as much as you want – no year long narrations but within reason
16:45
(2009-11-29 16:45:05) Narrator: (( and please post in chunks my irc client cuts off at 255 chracters
(2009-11-29 16:45:13) earl_robinson: ( so what about the rest .. lighting a rag on fire and tossing toward the cars with gas )
(2009-11-29 16:45:31) Nicholas: (and the effect it has)
(2009-11-29 16:45:35) Narrator: (( as much or as little as you want – you have narrative control
(2009-11-29 16:46:20) earl_robinson: i take a rag from the foor of the cab  and stuff it in the beer bottle on floor
(2009-11-29 16:46:25) earl_robinson: and light it
(2009-11-29 16:46:51) earl_robinson: and throw it far away but twoards where the fums of gas are coming from
(2009-11-29 16:47:22) earl_robinson: ( do i narrate explosion or is that narrator from now on ?)
(2009-11-29 16:47:31) Narrator: (( its yours
(2009-11-29 16:47:45) Ezekiel: (Narrate explosion, shrapnel, whatever.)
(2009-11-29 16:47:48) Narrator: (( just rember you can only save yourself so you can’t kill ALL the zombies
(2009-11-29 16:48:20) earl_robinson: the bottle smashes and lands under a porsche split in half
(2009-11-29 16:48:47) earl_robinson: all of a sdden a rumbling .. a LOUD rrumble gets louder and louder
(2009-11-29 16:48:51) earl_robinson: and BOOOM<
(2009-11-29 16:49:02) earl_robinson: a chain explosion happens
(2009-11-29 16:49:02) shy [Mibbit@53D63E.41D1A3.19483E.9D5E36] entered the room.
(2009-11-29 16:49:10) Nicholas: Hello.
(2009-11-29 16:49:15) shy: hi all
(2009-11-29 16:49:16) Nicholas: ()
(2009-11-29 16:49:21) BarryManilow: ((hi shy, we’re playing a game :)
(2009-11-29 16:49:26) shy: ok
(2009-11-29 16:49:36) earl_robinson: and hundreds of zombies and are fire groaning.. many is parts twitching ..
(2009-11-29 16:49:36) Narrator: (( hello shy you are welcome to join in anytime
(2009-11-29 16:49:41) Ezekiel: (We have an empty space too. Charl can’t roll very well.)
(2009-11-29 16:49:44) Robert: ((Just tell me when you are done earl, and I’ll post my narration.
(2009-11-29 16:49:46) earl_robinson: i say .. lets make a run fo rthe woods over there
(2009-11-29 16:49:52) earl_robinson: (done)
16:50
(2009-11-29 16:51:10) Narrator: (( robert is next
(2009-11-29 16:52:26) ***Robert says: “Agreed!” and grabs his plank in one hand and Ezekiel by the collar in the other, then dashes out to the wood carrying both along.>
(2009-11-29 16:52:29) Robert: As soon as he gets to the tree line he pushes Ezekiel to the ground behind a tree as he himself jumps in behind another one, carefully peaking back towards the truck to the others.>
(2009-11-29 16:52:32) Robert: “Sorry about that.” He says to Ezekiel while watching the others make their moves. “I hope I didn’t hurt you too much.”
(2009-11-29 16:52:35) Robert: ((Done.
(2009-11-29 16:53:01) ***Ezekiel mutters “Heathens”.
(2009-11-29 16:53:16) Narrator: (( good but needs more strong next time
(2009-11-29 16:53:28) Narrator: (( barry
(2009-11-29 16:53:41) Robert: ((carrying a two by four in one hand and and a person in the other isn’t “strong”?
(2009-11-29 16:53:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 17:13:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
(2009-11-29 16:54:14) Narrator: (( out of the goodness of my heart I will ignore that horde event trigger
(2009-11-29 16:54:26) ***BarryManilow jumps out of the cab, in his flared shirt and bell bottom pants, follows the others quickly, smashing his crowbar at any zombies coming near
(2009-11-29 16:54:45) Ezekiel: (Thank you. Plus we haven’t made our sanctuary rolls yet.)
16:55
(2009-11-29 16:55:09) BarryManilow: “This is for Mandy!” *caves a zombie’s head in
(2009-11-29 16:55:17) BarryManilow: (end)
(2009-11-29 16:55:23) Arle: (@ Barry: lmao)
(2009-11-29 16:55:23) earl_robinson: *rolls 7d6
(2009-11-29 16:55:29) Narrator: (( anytime you are safe – you can roll for sanctuary
(2009-11-29 16:55:48) Narrator: (( Nickolas you are up
(2009-11-29 16:55:51) earl_robinson: (are we safe )
(2009-11-29 16:56:07) Narrator: (( not right now you are still escaping the last horde
(2009-11-29 16:56:15) Ezekiel: (‘xactly)
(2009-11-29 16:57:08) ***Nicholas sings, rather poorly, “One for the pain, two for my name, three for my wonderful kin… ah, bugger this”, as he breaks zombie skull after zombie skull on his way to the tree line… but even going as far as de-routing when a zombie seems to easy to put down along the way.
(2009-11-29 16:57:28) BarryManilow: ((wow! coolness!
(2009-11-29 16:57:34) Robert: (Hey, I should be a celebrity too)
(2009-11-29 16:57:59) BarryManilow: ((fyi, i am just a Barry Manilow impersonator
(2009-11-29 16:58:03) Ezekiel: (I don’t like where this is headed.)
(2009-11-29 16:58:10) Ezekiel: (Particularly with the Dilbert references.)
(2009-11-29 16:58:20) Robert: (Heh.)
(2009-11-29 16:58:23) BarryManilow: ((lolz!
(2009-11-29 16:58:33) Narrator: (( now you are safe. you can roll for sanctuary. 4d6 each need 6 successes to find sanctuary
(2009-11-29 16:58:34) Nicholas: ((Agony is my Name is a song I sing whenever I’m playing sniper, also. :P
(2009-11-29 16:58:38) Robert: (I probably started it though. I didn’t mean for William Smith to be Will Smith though.)
(2009-11-29 16:58:47) Ezekiel: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 16:58:48) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 11 (3, 4, 1, 3) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 16:58:52) Robert: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 16:58:52) earl_robinson: *rol 4d6
(2009-11-29 16:58:53) LadyLuck: Robert: 6 (2, 1, 1, 2) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 16:58:55) Narrator: not you Ezekiel
(2009-11-29 16:59:00) Robert: ((Oh for!
(2009-11-29 16:59:05) BarryManilow: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 16:59:07) LadyLuck: BarryManilow: 16 (2, 6, 6, 2) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 16:59:08) Ezekiel: (Ok, not these either.)
(2009-11-29 16:59:08) Robert: ((Why does the RNG hate me?
(2009-11-29 16:59:11) Nicholas: ((Though a SD game during the Oscar ceremony could be cool.
(2009-11-29 16:59:14) BarryManilow: (( yeeeeeeessssssss!
(2009-11-29 16:59:35) Ezekiel: (@Robert You can have the helpless survivor next time. Minimal exposure to the RNG.)
(2009-11-29 16:59:38) Narrator: (( 4 more sixes needed
17:00
(2009-11-29 17:00:03) Nicholas: *roll 4d6
(2009-11-29 17:00:04) Robert: ((I think that would be for the best. I always have really bad luck with LadyLuck.
(2009-11-29 17:00:08) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 22 (6, 6, 4, 6) [4d6]
(2009-11-29 17:00:17) Narrator: (( oh 1 six short!
(2009-11-29 17:00:23) Arle: (Actually remember that, Charl.)
(2009-11-29 17:00:32) Arle: (I actually*)
(2009-11-29 17:00:49) Narrator: (( but as I have to go soon I will give you an additional 6 and we can do a diary entry and call the game
(2009-11-29 17:00:56) Narrator: (( SANCTUARY!
(2009-11-29 17:00:57) Robert: (Yeah. Every fracking game! She hates me. =(
(2009-11-29 17:01:04) BarryManilow: yay!
(2009-11-29 17:01:13) Ezekiel: (On the other hand, if Arle joins, helpless fits her real life personality like a glove. :P)
(2009-11-29 17:01:29) earl_robinson: (can i do my diary later ? )
(2009-11-29 17:02:04) Nicholas: (ba da ching)
(2009-11-29 17:02:18) Narrator: yes
(2009-11-29 17:02:40) BarryManilow: ((good game, Narrator !
(2009-11-29 17:02:42) Robert: In character I assume?
(2009-11-29 17:02:51) earl_robinson: yes thank you !
(2009-11-29 17:02:56) Robert: yeah.
(2009-11-29 17:02:57) Robert: It was fun.
(2009-11-29 17:03:08) earl_robinson: i will enter it by 2 am monday
(2009-11-29 17:03:14) Narrator: what you need to do is make a diary entry – a diary, log, lketter to you mom/ dad/ wife/ child/ lover/etc.
(2009-11-29 17:03:25) ***Arle kicks Knights.
(2009-11-29 17:03:37) BarryManilow is now known as fudgebob
(2009-11-29 17:03:39) Ezekiel: (When they have armor, or not?)
(2009-11-29 17:03:41) Arle: I’m dangerous, ass. Don’t ye forget it.
(2009-11-29 17:03:45) Ezekiel is now known as Knaight
(2009-11-29 17:03:49) Arle: Kniaght*
(2009-11-29 17:03:50) Narrator: in that entry you can make 1 true statement and that statement will grant a +1 bonus in a specific situation
(2009-11-29 17:03:53) Arle: ye know what.
(2009-11-29 17:03:58) Arle: I’m not fixin’ that typo.
(2009-11-29 17:04:02) Arle: That’s yer punishment.
(2009-11-29 17:04:12) Nicholas is now known as KRZV
(2009-11-29 17:04:29) fudgebob: Shotgun Diaries never fails to satisfy :)
(2009-11-29 17:04:30) earl_robinson: is there any way to get a log pof th ewhole
(2009-11-29 17:04:38) earl_robinson: game
(2009-11-29 17:04:41) Knaight: That is largely because Shotgun Diaries is awesome.
(2009-11-29 17:04:44) Narrator: for example “I was always the best at finding tools” grants +1 anytime you are looking for tools

(2009-11-29 15:32:20) You are now known as Narrator(2009-11-29 15:32:23) Knaight: My googledoc? Que?(2009-11-29 15:32:28) Knaight is now known as Ezekiel(2009-11-29 15:32:44) tomshad: is that to write as we go ?(2009-11-29 15:33:02) Narrator: gone!(2009-11-29 15:33:02) fudgebob: yes, Ezekiel , your googledoc of characters(2009-11-29 15:33:08) tomshad: this is my first time(2009-11-29 15:33:17) Ezekiel: (Not mine. Narrator’s.)(2009-11-29 15:33:22) fudgebob: you can write later, tom(2009-11-29 15:33:27) tomshad: ok (2009-11-29 15:33:36) Ezekiel: (We will tell you when to write. Most notably Narrator.)(2009-11-29 15:33:43) charl: This channel?(2009-11-29 15:34:00) Ezekiel: (And I’m assuming the usual notation for out of character stuff. Is that a safe, and more importantly accurate, assumption?)(2009-11-29 15:34:02) Narrator: we can play here unless you want to go(2009-11-29 15:34:13) Narrator: yes ( indicatres OOC(2009-11-29 15:34:23) Narrator: > indicates continuing narration to come(2009-11-29 15:34:50) fudgebob: use (( for ooc, its easier – no need to type the ending )(2009-11-29 15:34:56) MaxwellSmart is now known as RobStrong15:35(2009-11-29 15:35:04) Narrator: all players please roll 4d6 add all 6’s form all players together. target is 6 successes or more(2009-11-29 15:35:18) Ezekiel: (If you want to type something very long, but want to get it in now, use >, to clarify)(2009-11-29 15:35:24) tomshad: how do i chnge my name like you guys did ?(2009-11-29 15:35:30) Ezekiel: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:35:31) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 18 (5, 3, 6, 4) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:35:34) Narrator: use /nick new_name(2009-11-29 15:35:43) Arle: Type /quit.(2009-11-29 15:35:44) fudgebob is now known as BarryMoore(2009-11-29 15:35:55) BarryMoore: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:35:56) charl is now known as Will_Smith(2009-11-29 15:35:56) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 19 (4, 5, 5, 5) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:36:01) Ezekiel: (@tomshad use Narrator’s advice, not Arle’s)(2009-11-29 15:36:06) Will_Smith: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:36:07) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 10 (6, 1, 2, 1) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:36:11) Arle: Pfft, ruin my fun.(2009-11-29 15:36:24) Narrator: 2 successes so far(2009-11-29 15:36:26) mode (+m ) by BarryMoore(2009-11-29 15:36:44) mode (-m ) by BarryMoore(2009-11-29 15:36:45) tomshad: *roll4d6(2009-11-29 15:36:47) RobStrong: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:36:48) LadyLuck: RobStrong: 16 (2, 6, 5, 3) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:36:54) RobStrong: yay(2009-11-29 15:36:55) Narrator: 3(2009-11-29 15:37:03) BarryMoore: :)(2009-11-29 15:37:12) tomshad: *roll4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:24) BarryMoore: ((no spaces(2009-11-29 15:37:24) Will_Smith: (tomshad, you need a space before the dice notation.)(2009-11-29 15:37:36) tomshad:  *roll4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:42) Narrator: @ tomshad *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:43) tomshad: sorry (2009-11-29 15:37:54) tomshad: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:55) LadyLuck: tomshad: 19 (6, 1, 6, 6) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:38:01) Narrator: SANCTUARY!(2009-11-29 15:38:24) Ezekiel: (Tomshad, name change please.(2009-11-29 15:38:45) tomshad is now known as earl(2009-11-29 15:39:20) earl: good ?(2009-11-29 15:39:37) Ezekiel: (Yeah. Things are looking up.)(2009-11-29 15:39:39) earl is now known as earl_robinson(2009-11-29 15:39:52) Narrator: starting(2009-11-29 15:39:54) Narrator: >15:40(2009-11-29 15:40:47) Narrator: It has been three days since your van broke down and you made ran into the church just ahead of the raving mobs. Funny to think that a church is supplying you with safety from the undead better than the gun shop did. (2009-11-29 15:40:47) Narrator: YOu have a small pile of food and water and have managed to barricade the doors and block the windows with pews. (2009-11-29 15:40:56) Narrator: I has been a few days since the last rain (2009-11-29 15:41:07) Narrator: and you can hear the zombies hammering at the doors.(2009-11-29 15:41:14) Narrator: done(2009-11-29 15:41:32) Narrator: ((zombie clock 0 supplies 6(2009-11-29 15:41:59) BarryMoore: “I’m hungry… any chocolates left?”(2009-11-29 15:42:11) Will_Smith: (does the church have a tower? Do we have access to all the rooms or just the main altar chambers?)(2009-11-29 15:42:40) Will_Smith: “We need to ration what we have.”(2009-11-29 15:42:46) earl_robinson: (do we have rope or the equivalent ?)(2009-11-29 15:42:53) Narrator: ((will if you ask me I can give you answers – better option is to roll the dice. if you get a 6 you tell me about the church(2009-11-29 15:43:09) Ezekiel: Ezekiel pulls out a chocolate, gestures with it at Barry, and starts to eat it. “The Lord giveth,” he states, pointing at the church, “and the Lord taketh away” he says, putting the chocolate away,(2009-11-29 15:43:09) Narrator: (( no tools or weapons but 6 days of perishable supplies(2009-11-29 15:43:18) KRZV-away: (do we have room for another survivor?)(2009-11-29 15:43:24) Ezekiel: (Yes)(2009-11-29 15:43:36) RobStrong: (Yeah we barely started :)(2009-11-29 15:43:38) Narrator: ((KRZV-away – one left dangerous(2009-11-29 15:43:47) KRZV-away: (ok)(2009-11-29 15:43:56) KRZV-away is now known as Nicholas(2009-11-29 15:43:59) ***BarryMoore glares at Ezekiel “Funny, Ez”(2009-11-29 15:44:04) earl_robinson: can i roll to do something here ?(2009-11-29 15:44:36) Narrator: ((you can roll anytome that someone is not already narrating. but remember each roll has a risk. (2009-11-29 15:44:56) earl_robinson: (how many dice do i need to roll ? )15:45(2009-11-29 15:45:02) charl [~charle@OWIRCN-932a3544.ostruktur.com] entered the room.(2009-11-29 15:45:10) charl is now known as will(2009-11-29 15:45:15) will: (sorry, my other shell connection died)(2009-11-29 15:45:34) RobStrong: we are running out of beer(2009-11-29 15:46:12) earl_robinson: ( do i roll 4d6 ?)(2009-11-29 15:46:35) will: “As long as we have water we will be fine.”(2009-11-29 15:46:37) Nicholas: (plus one for each other survivor)(2009-11-29 15:46:41) will: “But we are running out of that too.”(2009-11-29 15:47:05) earl_robinson: (how many in our party now / )(2009-11-29 15:47:06) Narrator: (( earl roll 8d6 4 if you are clever 4 for the group being together and any number you want to take our of supplies(2009-11-29 15:47:36) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:47:37) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 30 (4, 1, 5, 4, 3, 6, 1, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:48:02) Narrator: ((2 successes earl narrates(2009-11-29 15:48:25) ***Nicholas watches the altar, calm, thoughtful, murmuring something to himself, wondering how hard could a skull be crushed with one of those apparently heavy, solid candlesticks.(2009-11-29 15:48:48) Will_Smith left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 121 seconds).(2009-11-29 15:48:54) earl_robinson: I ook in the corner and see a small cabinet that we havent opened .. and figure out the combination lock listening very closely to the cliicks(2009-11-29 15:49:10) earl_robinson: in the cabinet are robes for the priests (2009-11-29 15:49:29) BarryMoore: “Better give some water to Will… he keeps passing out”(2009-11-29 15:49:34) earl_robinson: i take all the rope lining the cloaks and tie it together (2009-11-29 15:49:51) earl_robinson: and grapple a high beam(2009-11-29 15:49:53) ***Ezekiel puts on a robe. “They will not harm a holy man. We are saved”(2009-11-29 15:49:55) Will_Smith [~charl@OWIRCN-1ea7b4bf.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] entered the room.(2009-11-29 15:49:59) earl_robinson: climb up to the bell tower15:50(2009-11-29 15:50:06) BarryMoore: ((cool, earl_robinson ! :)(2009-11-29 15:50:13) earl_robinson: and see if I can look out (2009-11-29 15:50:29) Narrator: ((are you asking me or rolling?(2009-11-29 15:50:35) earl_robinson: (can i get out of the window with bars ?)(2009-11-29 15:50:47) Ezekiel: (Do not ask, roll)(2009-11-29 15:50:48) Will_Smith: ((Ok, back.)(2009-11-29 15:50:51) Narrator: ((ibid – are you asking or rolling?(2009-11-29 15:50:54) ***Nicholas takes his time swinging each candlestick, wondering if any are made actually made of bronze or whatever the church uses for ostentation nowadays.(2009-11-29 15:50:54) Will_Smith: (I’m sorry about the connection troubles).(2009-11-29 15:50:58) will left the room (quit: Quit: leaving).(2009-11-29 15:50:58) BarryMoore: “Will, are you ok? You keep passing out… here, have some water”(2009-11-29 15:50:58) Nicholas: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:50:59) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 30 (5, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 2) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:51:04) ***RobStrong is sitting in one of the benches of the church, with her feet resting in the front bench, which he has pulled further to the front to be more comfortable.(2009-11-29 15:51:06) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:51:07) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 29 (1, 4, 3, 6, 3, 4, 2, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:51:17) Narrator: ((2 successes Nicholas narrates(2009-11-29 15:51:20) BarryMoore: “Drats!”(2009-11-29 15:51:29) Will_Smith: “Thank you. I guess I have been feeling a little under the weather.”(2009-11-29 15:51:30) ***RobStrong is eating some of the scavenged snack foods with a beer, completely disrespectful about the sacredness of the place.(2009-11-29 15:52:44) Nicholas: “Nice, heavy, heavenly skull bashing…”, he says, confirming that the two candlesticks in the center of the altar, both about two and a half feet long, are actually made of bronze, solid but not heavy enough as to keep him from swinging wildly when needed.(2009-11-29 15:52:56) ***Ezekiel snatches away Rob’s food, spilling the beer in the process, and proceeds to give an impromptu sermon.(2009-11-29 15:52:57) Narrator: You hear a scream in the distance – and the pounding at the doors stops for just a second(2009-11-29 15:53:25) ***Will_Smith gets up and sneaks up to the doors, trying to get a peek through the barricades.(2009-11-29 15:53:30) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:53:30) BarryMoore: “Uh oh”(2009-11-29 15:53:30) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 33 (5, 6, 3, 6, 6, 1, 3, 3) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:53:32) ***Nicholas quickly shifts his gaze towards the doors. “Silence ain’t good.”(2009-11-29 15:53:33) Narrator: (( Nicholas you need to narracter your type – fst to use all 8 dice(2009-11-29 15:54:03) Narrator: (( 3 successes will narrates(2009-11-29 15:54:03) BarryMoore: ((nick is the dangerous one methinks(2009-11-29 15:54:16) Narrator: (( opps my bad(2009-11-29 15:54:20) Nicholas: ((wasn’t that implicit with all of the “how can I use it to murder stuff” in his thoughts?(2009-11-29 15:54:44) ***Will_Smith carefully and silently makes his way to the barricades, and standing on top of a pew he peeks over them out over the heads of the zombies.(2009-11-29 15:54:46) Nicholas: ((oh(2009-11-29 15:54:46) Narrator: (( I had written down fast twice(2009-11-29 15:54:56) Nicholas: ((ok15:55(2009-11-29 15:55:08) ***RobStrong sits up un the bench a little surprised by the sudden silence, he got used to the pounding on the doors.(2009-11-29 15:55:13) RobStrong: hey, what’s happening?(2009-11-29 15:55:30) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:55:31) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 28 (2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:55:44) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:55:45) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 34 (5, 6, 6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 3) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:55:57) Narrator: The pounding resumes and the doors shake a little under the renews beating from the undead masses outside(2009-11-29 15:56:21) Narrator: ((earl then will(2009-11-29 15:57:06) earl_robinson: i squeeze out of the bell tower and look to see if there is another buiilding or tree to jump to (2009-11-29 15:57:24) earl_robinson: i see zombies only infront of the church right now(2009-11-29 15:57:32) dlurker [Mibbit@OWIRCN-74a58e09.ed.shawcable.net] entered the room.(2009-11-29 15:57:42) ***Will_Smith quickly gets down from the barricades and back to the supply pile. “I don’t think they saw me. They got another one across the plaza. Dragged her out of her car.”(2009-11-29 15:57:43) Narrator: The doors creak under the pressure of the mass of flesh… the barricade seems to shift  just a fraction sending a small cloud of dust into the foyer(2009-11-29 15:57:57) Will_Smith: “Oh crap, I hope I didn’t cause that.”(2009-11-29 15:58:13) Narrator: As earl steps out onto the roof a loud “CRACK!” rings in the church(2009-11-29 15:58:21) ***Ezekiel tries to follow the other two out to get a look, and is foiled by a beer gut. “Aaaaaah!” “Oh Jesus, heeeelp!”(2009-11-29 15:58:33) Narrator: a good size rock hits the alter and bounces twice(2009-11-29 15:58:36) earl_robinson: climb up here guys (2009-11-29 15:58:44) ***Nicholas looks up, wondering what the hell is going on up there.(2009-11-29 15:58:56) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:58:57) Narrator: a good size hole is left in one of the stained glass windows(2009-11-29 15:58:57) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (4, 4, 5, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:59:04) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:59:05) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 29 (6, 4, 3, 6, 6, 2, 1, 1) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:59:23) Narrator: (( earl then will(2009-11-29 15:59:45) Narrator: the sind whistles as it blows through the now broken pane of glass(2009-11-29 15:59:52) Narrator: the wind*(2009-11-29 15:59:56) earl_robinson: i see a truck just past a few trees16:00(2009-11-29 16:00:05) earl_robinson: come up here guy!(2009-11-29 16:00:09) earl_robinson: guys(2009-11-29 16:00:29) earl_robinson: i jump to the tree(2009-11-29 16:00:34) WarLord: [hey guys, I'm going AFK for about two hours, see yall later!](2009-11-29 16:00:47) Narrator: ((see ya WarLord(2009-11-29 16:00:50) ***Will_Smith gathers as much as he can carry, rolls it up in one of the priest robes, trying carefully to not provoke the zombies any more, and makes his way towards the rope.(2009-11-29 16:00:52) BarryMoore: ((k, WarLord :)(2009-11-29 16:01:01) Will_Smith: ((Of the supplies.)(2009-11-29 16:01:20) Ezekiel: ((Bye WarLord)(2009-11-29 16:01:21) ***BarryMoore helps Will_Smith (2009-11-29 16:01:21) earl_robinson: (18 wheeler btw)(2009-11-29 16:01:30) avalon.otherworlders.org: (notice) *** Narrator invited Igor into the channel(2009-11-29 16:01:31) Igor [~rbot@OWIRCN-9ee3e55c.abhsia.telus.net] entered the room.(2009-11-29 16:01:49) RobStrong: ((do you mind if I die?(2009-11-29 16:02:03) RobStrong: ((I usually am up for anything, but I am busy in real life right now…(2009-11-29 16:02:14) Narrator: (( am I doing that poorly ;)(2009-11-29 16:02:14) RobStrong: ((I really hate it because I seldom have chance to play :((2009-11-29 16:02:23) RobStrong: ((Not at all :(((((2009-11-29 16:02:28) Ezekiel: (If you need to die, die.)(2009-11-29 16:02:28) BloodSweatSteel left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).(2009-11-29 16:02:29) BarryMoore: ((we’ll make you an NPC for now, RobStrong (2009-11-29 16:02:40) RobStrong: ((I can’t follow the story… OK(2009-11-29 16:02:44) Will_Smith: “C’mon, Barry. Let’s go.”(2009-11-29 16:02:46) Ezekiel: (Don’t worry, we can kill you off later. Bye)(2009-11-29 16:02:50) Narrator: (( yep npc unless someone frm the peanut gallery want to take over(2009-11-29 16:03:10) ***Nicholas quickly ties both candlesticks to his belt and rushes to gather as much supplies as he can before attempting to climb up as well.(2009-11-29 16:03:39) RobStrong: ((I might reapear later and save your sorry asses if I become free…(2009-11-29 16:03:49) BarryMoore: ((cool, RobStrong :)(2009-11-29 16:04:08) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:04:09) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (3, 5, 2, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:04:13) ***BarryMoore asks “Whats the plan?”(2009-11-29 16:04:14) Nicholas: ((or make the noisy entrance that will give us away to the zombies – that’s cooler :D(2009-11-29 16:04:25) Ezekiel: “Get me out! Help!” Zombies start spreading around the church.(2009-11-29 16:04:30) Narrator: A large bang thunders in the church and a massive cloud of dust cascades down the south wall of the church. followed by a another shattering window(2009-11-29 16:04:38) Will_Smith: “Up the rope!”(2009-11-29 16:04:38) Narrator: (( earl narrates(2009-11-29 16:04:54) earl_robinson: That Truck is our only hope.. 16:05(2009-11-29 16:05:03) Narrator: (( Ezekiel – you can spread zombies in sanctuary(2009-11-29 16:05:21) earl_robinson: I jump from tree to truck roof and start the 18 wheeler(2009-11-29 16:05:35) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:05:36) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 29 (6, 1, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 4) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:05:47) Narrator: (( earl you realise that you just narrated “That Truck is our only hope.. ” making it true… :)(2009-11-29 16:05:56) Narrator: (( will narrates(2009-11-29 16:06:01) earl_robinson: ( umm that was wrong ?)(2009-11-29 16:06:13) Ezekiel: (Nah, it should make things interesting.)(2009-11-29 16:06:13) Narrator: (( not from where I am typing(2009-11-29 16:06:15) Nicholas: (nah, it was cool)(2009-11-29 16:06:31) BarryMoore: ((no, but we all gotta head for the truck now! :)(2009-11-29 16:06:34) ***Will_Smith ties the robes with the supplies to his belt and climbs up the rope. It’s awkward, but he somehow managed to make his way up to the roof.(2009-11-29 16:06:40) earl_robinson: (i thought that was my succes getting there..and exclaimed that i believe it is our only hope)(2009-11-29 16:06:41) Will_Smith: *s(2009-11-29 16:07:01) ***Nicholas prods Ezekiel nervously. “C’mon, we gotta climb, NOW!”(2009-11-29 16:08:03) Narrator: another rock is hurled into the church through another stained glass window. This window shatters and spraying a good portion of the floor with small pieces of glass and tin(2009-11-29 16:08:12) Will_Smith: “C’mon, hurry up!” I yell down.(2009-11-29 16:08:31) BarryMoore: ((if i make a run for the truck, how many do i need to roll?(2009-11-29 16:08:45) Narrator: Several zombie start to move towards Earl and the truck(2009-11-29 16:08:56) Narrator: (( @ BarryMoore 8d6(2009-11-29 16:09:48) BarryMoore: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:09:49) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 27 (1, 1, 4, 5, 5, 1, 6, 4) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:09:50) Ezekiel: “Lord, give me the power to scale these walls.” Ezekial tries to climb, but falls over, onto the barricade, sending it, and him, toppling into a heap. “Help meee”(2009-11-29 16:09:50) ***Ezekiel gestures helplessly, trying to get lifted up.(2009-11-29 16:09:50) Ezekiel: “Will, send me a rope and pull meeee” Ezekial squeals.16:10(2009-11-29 16:10:01) Narrator: (( barry nbarrate(2009-11-29 16:10:25) Will_Smith: ((I assume I don’t my sneaky bonus for helping Ezekial?(2009-11-29 16:10:31) Nicholas: “… good lord…” *ties the rope around Ezekiel’s waist, tightly. “Don’t move!”, and starts to climb up.(2009-11-29 16:10:34) Narrator: Ezekiel doesn’t seem to be able to climb the rope – his sizable girth is preventing him from getting more than 3-5 inches off the church floor(2009-11-29 16:10:47) ***BarryMoore runs to the truck as fast as he can, pushing away any shamblers in his way…(2009-11-29 16:10:51) Narrator: (( Nicklas roll 4d6 for climb(2009-11-29 16:10:59) Nicholas: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:11:00) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 16 (5, 2, 6, 3) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:11:11) Ezekiel: (Remember, pulling me up grants you an extra 2 dice.)(2009-11-29 16:11:18) ***BarryMoore makes it to the truck and gets inside the cab(2009-11-29 16:11:23) Narrator: (( sorry Ezekiel is right 2d6 more please(2009-11-29 16:11:52) Nicholas: *With effort, Nicholas manages to climb up, but doesn’t even allow his palms to cool off before starting to pull Ezekiel up*(2009-11-29 16:11:54) Nicholas: ((oh(2009-11-29 16:11:58) Nicholas: *roll 2d6(2009-11-29 16:11:59) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 6 (2, 4) [2d6](2009-11-29 16:12:02) Narrator: THe zombies at the front door start trailing after barry towards the truck(2009-11-29 16:12:14) earl_robinson: ( is that everyone in the truck ?)(2009-11-29 16:12:20) Narrator: (( one success you can get yourself up but you’d have to cut Ezekielfree to do so(2009-11-29 16:12:23) BarryMoore: “Ngayahhh!”(2009-11-29 16:12:27) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:12:28) Will_Smith: “Hold on!”(2009-11-29 16:12:28) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (5, 6, 2, 3, 5, 4, 2, 4) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:12:34) Will_Smith: *roll 6d6(2009-11-29 16:12:35) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 19 (5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 4) [6d6](2009-11-29 16:12:38) Narrator: (( ealr narrates(2009-11-29 16:12:52) Will_Smith: (Will was trying to help Barry)(2009-11-29 16:12:59) Narrator: (( then I narrate for will (2009-11-29 16:13:16) earl_robinson: i floor the accelerator .. mowing down about 30 zombies running over them in a not pretty result(2009-11-29 16:13:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 16:33:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!(2009-11-29 16:13:43) earl_robinson: c and yell.. come on .. we can still get out of here with our lives !(2009-11-29 16:14:02) Nicholas: ((Then I don’t succeed and slip down(2009-11-29 16:14:06) Narrator: (( zpmbie clock 1 supplies 5(2009-11-29 16:14:43) Nicholas: “F*ck, man!” *looks around trying to find another way out*16:15(2009-11-29 16:15:31) earl_robinson: (It is me and barry in truck and you two are still outside ? is there a third npc ouutsiude also ?)(2009-11-29 16:15:40) Narrator: >narrating for will(2009-11-29 16:15:42) Will_Smith: (I am up on the roof)(2009-11-29 16:16:14) Nicholas: (me and Ez still in the church)(2009-11-29 16:16:30) ***BarryMoore looks for a weapon inside the cab…(2009-11-29 16:16:39) BarryMoore: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:16:40) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 11 (2, 2, 6, 1) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:16:53) Narrator: >> still narrating for will(2009-11-29 16:17:17) Narrator: Will starts walk along the roof to find a safe way down when you slip and slide into a mass of undead flesshcold hands grasp your shirt and drag you to the ground. Pain stabs into you as chucks of flesh are torn from your body. Blood seeps into your eyes and you can no longer see. Finally you start to feel warm and darkness fills you vision… you car dead(2009-11-29 16:17:22) dlurker left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).(2009-11-29 16:17:34) dlurker [Mibbit@OWIRCN-74a58e09.ed.shawcable.net] entered the room.(2009-11-29 16:17:35) Narrator: (( barry narrate(2009-11-29 16:17:48) Narrator: (( will you are gone you can start another character or take over rob(2009-11-29 16:17:57) Narrator: all other fear check(2009-11-29 16:18:01) Will_Smith: (I’ll just take rob)(2009-11-29 16:18:07) Will_Smith: (What is he doing?)(2009-11-29 16:18:11) ***BarryMoore sees Will_Smith “Will!!!” *sobs(2009-11-29 16:18:15) Will_Smith is now known as Robert(2009-11-29 16:18:21) Narrator: (( all others fear check please 1d6 roll 1 or your fear goes up one(2009-11-29 16:18:31) BarryMoore: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:32) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 5 (5) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:18:34) earl_robinson: *rool 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:37) Ezekiel: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:38) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 1 (1) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:18:42) earl_robinson: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:43) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 4 (4) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:18:50) ***Nicholas is breathing deeply, slowly, eyes coldly focused on the front door. “Can you run, Ezekiel?”(2009-11-29 16:18:58) earl_robinson: Damnit .. Lets go !!(2009-11-29 16:19:26) Ezekiel: “Maybe”(2009-11-29 16:19:37) ***BarryMoore finds a crowbar under the seat(2009-11-29 16:19:49) Nicholas: “Whatever you do, stay close to me… and don’t find yourself in front of me.”(2009-11-29 16:19:53) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:19:54) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (6, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 4) [8d6]16:20(2009-11-29 16:20:31) Nicholas: ((I’m gonna roll and also take 4 dice of the sanctuary pool, is that alright?(2009-11-29 16:20:37) ***Ezekiel grabs Nick’s wrist and tries to run while being pulled.(2009-11-29 16:20:39) Narrator: (( rob fear check then earl narrates(2009-11-29 16:20:45) Robert: (Ok, so Ez and Nich are in the church, and Barry and Earl in the truck. Where am I currently? Not in the scene yet?)(2009-11-29 16:20:49) Ezekiel: (An extra 2 for helping me as well Nick)(2009-11-29 16:20:58) Robert: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:20:59) LadyLuck: Robert: 6 (6) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:21:03) Nicholas: ((ok(2009-11-29 16:21:26) Nicholas: *roll 13d6(2009-11-29 16:21:27) Narrator: (( nickolas fear check(2009-11-29 16:21:27) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 54 (2, 2, 3, 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5, 6) [13d6](2009-11-29 16:21:55) Narrator: (( nickloas narrate many success(2009-11-29 16:23:46) earl_robinson: ( we are waiting for Nick narration right ? )(2009-11-29 16:23:52) Narrator: (( yes(2009-11-29 16:24:04) Robert: (I still need to know what my character is up to)(2009-11-29 16:24:08) Narrator: (( (( Robert, Earl and Barry all have 2 fear now. and with the loss of William you only get 3 dice for the party(2009-11-29 16:24:19) Narrator: (( robert was just sitting in the church(2009-11-29 16:24:24) Robert: ((Ok(2009-11-29 16:24:51) Narrator: (( Nicholas? you there?(2009-11-29 16:24:59) Narrator: (( go ahead robert16:25(2009-11-29 16:25:13) earl_robinson: (so when i roll ..  roll 5d6 now ?)(2009-11-29 16:25:35) ***Robert gets up and in front of Ezekiel and Nicholas. “Stay close.” He says.(2009-11-29 16:25:43) Robert: *roll 9d6(2009-11-29 16:25:44) LadyLuck: Robert: 39 (2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5, 4, 5, 4) [9d6](2009-11-29 16:25:48) Narrator: (( 4d6 for being clever – and you narrate a clever action + 3d6 for the party if you are all togeteher(2009-11-29 16:26:04) Narrator: (( too many rober drop last 2 dice(2009-11-29 16:26:09) Nicholas: *Nicholas eyes seem to go numb, expressionless, but his mouth is twisted, teeth gritted, as he runs towards the front doors, madly swinging both candlesticks at the barricade, clearing a tight but workable way through, enough to allow a small opening of the doors by the first zombie… which promptly gets her head smashed with brutality. Zombie after zombie, Nicholas takes slow but certain steps outside, using both arms and clubs to open a way ou(2009-11-29 16:26:12) Narrator: (( robert narrates(2009-11-29 16:26:49) Narrator: ((nicklas cut off at “to open a way ou”(2009-11-29 16:27:16) ***Robert grabs a large piece of wood from the now broken barricades, holds it in front of himself, and then rams straight through the crowd of zombies, knocking them down as he goes and makes a way to the truck.(2009-11-29 16:27:58) Nicholas: ((point in effect is, we’re out. :P(2009-11-29 16:29:07) Robert: “C’mon!” I yell to the others.(2009-11-29 16:29:08) earl_robinson: (so everyone is in the truck now who is alive ?)(2009-11-29 16:29:19) Ezekiel: (Yes.)(2009-11-29 16:29:33) earl_robinson: (my turn to narrate ?)16:30(2009-11-29 16:30:10) Robert: (You are the driver right?)(2009-11-29 16:30:27) earl_robinson: (yes but asking narrator if it is my turn )(2009-11-29 16:30:28) Narrator: (( sure(2009-11-29 16:30:49) BarryMoore: ((question: is the 18 wheeler truck hauling something?(2009-11-29 16:31:32) earl_robinson: I floor the truck again .. saying OK FUCKERS , HOLD ON .. and i mow down zombie after zombie until we get to the onramp of the interstate.(2009-11-29 16:31:34) Narrator: (( are you asking or rolling? and Nick I need a fear roll(2009-11-29 16:31:36) Ezekiel: (Ie, a trailer?)(2009-11-29 16:32:16) earl_robinson: ( yes a long steel trailer, the truck is red )(2009-11-29 16:32:32) Narrator: (( also robert, Barry and Nickolas each have weapons so they succeed on 5 or 6(2009-11-29 16:32:42) earl_robinson: i put on Megadeath Peace sells on the stereo(2009-11-29 16:32:55) Nicholas: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:32:56) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 2 (2) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:32:57) BarryMoore: “MegaDeth!!!”(2009-11-29 16:32:59) Robert: “How much gas do we have?”(2009-11-29 16:33:27) Narrator: The truck rumbles along the road. the cab is very crowded but you all manage to fit. (2009-11-29 16:33:39) Robert: “I do not want to end up like Will… poor bastard.”(2009-11-29 16:33:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 16:53:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!(2009-11-29 16:33:43) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 17:33:42): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step!(2009-11-29 16:33:59) Ezekiel: “He brought that to himself. Should have prayed more often.”(2009-11-29 16:34:07) Robert: “Oh, shut up.”(2009-11-29 16:34:08) Narrator: (( zombie clock 2 Supplies 0(2009-11-29 16:34:10) earl_robinson: Shut up Ezekiel(2009-11-29 16:34:22) Narrator: > Horde event(2009-11-29 16:34:28) Narrator: >(2009-11-29 16:34:34) earl_robinson: ( wtf is that )(2009-11-29 16:34:39) Nicholas: (awesomeness)(2009-11-29 16:34:44) Robert: (nothing good, I’d vager)(2009-11-29 16:34:51) Ezekiel: (That is one way to think of it. Nothing good is more accurate.)16:35(2009-11-29 16:35:37) BarryMoore: ((it means doom! doooom!(2009-11-29 16:36:01) Narrator: You slam the brakes to the floor as you ht the on ramp and see that it is filled with a wall of smashed vehicles. The trailer jackknifes and slams into the back of the cab. Metal screams as it is ripped from the back of the truck>(2009-11-29 16:36:18) BarryMoore: “OMG!!!!”(2009-11-29 16:36:21) Robert: “Holy fuck!”(2009-11-29 16:36:25) Narrator: The cab flips onto its side and crashes into the mass of cars on the ramp.>(2009-11-29 16:36:37) BarryMoore: “Momma!!!”(2009-11-29 16:36:49) Ezekiel: “Jesus save us!”(2009-11-29 16:36:54) Narrator: The windshield cracks and falls into the front seat.(2009-11-29 16:37:01) Narrator: >(2009-11-29 16:37:09) earl_robinson: “wonderful..15 years of school for this ?”(2009-11-29 16:37:28) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:37:29) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 32 (5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:37:47) Narrator: (( not done give me a second and only 7 dice now(2009-11-29 16:38:00) earl_robinson: ( my  bad)(2009-11-29 16:38:51) Narrator: A cool wind blows into the cab bringing the smell of grease, rubber, oil, gasoline and the sour stench of rotting flesh. You see several zombies fall, jump nd crawl out of the mass of cars and start moving towards you.(2009-11-29 16:38:54) Narrator: (( done(2009-11-29 16:39:12) earl_robinson: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:13) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 21 (3, 1, 5, 1, 1, 6, 4) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:13) Robert: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:14) LadyLuck: Robert: 22 (2, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 3) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:16) Narrator: (( you can all roll then narrate in order of rolls(2009-11-29 16:39:30) BarryMoore: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:30) Nicholas: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:30) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 23 (2, 6, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:31) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 27 (3, 5, 6, 6, 4, 2, 1) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:39) Narrator: (( keep in mind that ezekiel needs to be saved too(2009-11-29 16:39:54) Ezekiel: (And whoever does it gains an extra 2 dice.)16:40(2009-11-29 16:40:03) Narrator: (( oh zombie clock resets to zero(2009-11-29 16:40:13) Robert: ((in that case I’ll roll two more for helping him(2009-11-29 16:40:23) Robert: *roll 2d6(2009-11-29 16:40:24) LadyLuck: Robert: 5 (1, 4) [2d6](2009-11-29 16:40:53) Narrator: (( narration order earl, Robert, Barry, Nickolas everyon suceeds(2009-11-29 16:41:50) BarryMoore: ((wait! i want to be a Celebrity Survivor…(2009-11-29 16:41:57) BarryMoore is now known as BarryManilow(2009-11-29 16:41:58) earl_robinson: I kick th ecab door open and light a rag in my pocket on fire and throw it towards the accident scene(2009-11-29 16:42:30) Nicholas: ((… if I knew that was an option, I’d be McHammer.(2009-11-29 16:42:34) Narrator: (( you need to narrate finding the lighter etc(2009-11-29 16:42:48) earl_robinson: ok(2009-11-29 16:43:05) earl_robinson: searches his pocket for a lighter(2009-11-29 16:43:15) earl_robinson: ( do i rol dice to succeed ?(2009-11-29 16:43:37) Narrator: (( “cleverly” find the lighter – you already suceeded in finding it just tell the story(2009-11-29 16:43:41) Ezekiel: (No)(2009-11-29 16:43:59) earl_robinson: ( and that is the end of my turn narrating ?)(2009-11-29 16:44:33) Narrator: (( only if you want it to be – narrate as much as you want – no year long narrations but within reason16:45(2009-11-29 16:45:05) Narrator: (( and please post in chunks my irc client cuts off at 255 chracters(2009-11-29 16:45:13) earl_robinson: ( so what about the rest .. lighting a rag on fire and tossing toward the cars with gas )(2009-11-29 16:45:31) Nicholas: (and the effect it has)(2009-11-29 16:45:35) Narrator: (( as much or as little as you want – you have narrative control(2009-11-29 16:46:20) earl_robinson: i take a rag from the foor of the cab  and stuff it in the beer bottle on floor(2009-11-29 16:46:25) earl_robinson: and light it (2009-11-29 16:46:51) earl_robinson: and throw it far away but twoards where the fums of gas are coming from (2009-11-29 16:47:22) earl_robinson: ( do i narrate explosion or is that narrator from now on ?)(2009-11-29 16:47:31) Narrator: (( its yours(2009-11-29 16:47:45) Ezekiel: (Narrate explosion, shrapnel, whatever.)(2009-11-29 16:47:48) Narrator: (( just rember you can only save yourself so you can’t kill ALL the zombies(2009-11-29 16:48:20) earl_robinson: the bottle smashes and lands under a porsche split in half(2009-11-29 16:48:47) earl_robinson: all of a sdden a rumbling .. a LOUD rrumble gets louder and louder(2009-11-29 16:48:51) earl_robinson: and BOOOM<(2009-11-29 16:49:02) earl_robinson: a chain explosion happens(2009-11-29 16:49:02) shy [Mibbit@53D63E.41D1A3.19483E.9D5E36] entered the room.(2009-11-29 16:49:10) Nicholas: Hello.(2009-11-29 16:49:15) shy: hi all(2009-11-29 16:49:16) Nicholas: ()(2009-11-29 16:49:21) BarryManilow: ((hi shy, we’re playing a game :)(2009-11-29 16:49:26) shy: ok(2009-11-29 16:49:36) earl_robinson: and hundreds of zombies and are fire groaning.. many is parts twitching .. (2009-11-29 16:49:36) Narrator: (( hello shy you are welcome to join in anytime(2009-11-29 16:49:41) Ezekiel: (We have an empty space too. Charl can’t roll very well.)(2009-11-29 16:49:44) Robert: ((Just tell me when you are done earl, and I’ll post my narration.(2009-11-29 16:49:46) earl_robinson: i say .. lets make a run fo rthe woods over there(2009-11-29 16:49:52) earl_robinson: (done)16:50(2009-11-29 16:51:10) Narrator: (( robert is next(2009-11-29 16:52:26) ***Robert says: “Agreed!” and grabs his plank in one hand and Ezekiel by the collar in the other, then dashes out to the wood carrying both along.>(2009-11-29 16:52:29) Robert: As soon as he gets to the tree line he pushes Ezekiel to the ground behind a tree as he himself jumps in behind another one, carefully peaking back towards the truck to the others.>(2009-11-29 16:52:32) Robert: “Sorry about that.” He says to Ezekiel while watching the others make their moves. “I hope I didn’t hurt you too much.”(2009-11-29 16:52:35) Robert: ((Done.(2009-11-29 16:53:01) ***Ezekiel mutters “Heathens”.(2009-11-29 16:53:16) Narrator: (( good but needs more strong next time(2009-11-29 16:53:28) Narrator: (( barry(2009-11-29 16:53:41) Robert: ((carrying a two by four in one hand and and a person in the other isn’t “strong”?(2009-11-29 16:53:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 17:13:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!(2009-11-29 16:54:14) Narrator: (( out of the goodness of my heart I will ignore that horde event trigger(2009-11-29 16:54:26) ***BarryManilow jumps out of the cab, in his flared shirt and bell bottom pants, follows the others quickly, smashing his crowbar at any zombies coming near(2009-11-29 16:54:45) Ezekiel: (Thank you. Plus we haven’t made our sanctuary rolls yet.)16:55(2009-11-29 16:55:09) BarryManilow: “This is for Mandy!” *caves a zombie’s head in(2009-11-29 16:55:17) BarryManilow: (end)(2009-11-29 16:55:23) Arle: (@ Barry: lmao)(2009-11-29 16:55:23) earl_robinson: *rolls 7d6(2009-11-29 16:55:29) Narrator: (( anytime you are safe – you can roll for sanctuary(2009-11-29 16:55:48) Narrator: (( Nickolas you are up(2009-11-29 16:55:51) earl_robinson: (are we safe )(2009-11-29 16:56:07) Narrator: (( not right now you are still escaping the last horde(2009-11-29 16:56:15) Ezekiel: (‘xactly)(2009-11-29 16:57:08) ***Nicholas sings, rather poorly, “One for the pain, two for my name, three for my wonderful kin… ah, bugger this”, as he breaks zombie skull after zombie skull on his way to the tree line… but even going as far as de-routing when a zombie seems to easy to put down along the way.(2009-11-29 16:57:28) BarryManilow: ((wow! coolness!(2009-11-29 16:57:34) Robert: (Hey, I should be a celebrity too)(2009-11-29 16:57:59) BarryManilow: ((fyi, i am just a Barry Manilow impersonator(2009-11-29 16:58:03) Ezekiel: (I don’t like where this is headed.)(2009-11-29 16:58:10) Ezekiel: (Particularly with the Dilbert references.)(2009-11-29 16:58:20) Robert: (Heh.)(2009-11-29 16:58:23) BarryManilow: ((lolz!(2009-11-29 16:58:33) Narrator: (( now you are safe. you can roll for sanctuary. 4d6 each need 6 successes to find sanctuary(2009-11-29 16:58:34) Nicholas: ((Agony is my Name is a song I sing whenever I’m playing sniper, also. :P(2009-11-29 16:58:38) Robert: (I probably started it though. I didn’t mean for William Smith to be Will Smith though.)(2009-11-29 16:58:47) Ezekiel: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:58:48) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 11 (3, 4, 1, 3) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:58:52) Robert: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:58:52) earl_robinson: *rol 4d6(2009-11-29 16:58:53) LadyLuck: Robert: 6 (2, 1, 1, 2) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:58:55) Narrator: not you Ezekiel(2009-11-29 16:59:00) Robert: ((Oh for!(2009-11-29 16:59:05) BarryManilow: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:59:07) LadyLuck: BarryManilow: 16 (2, 6, 6, 2) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:59:08) Ezekiel: (Ok, not these either.)(2009-11-29 16:59:08) Robert: ((Why does the RNG hate me?(2009-11-29 16:59:11) Nicholas: ((Though a SD game during the Oscar ceremony could be cool.(2009-11-29 16:59:14) BarryManilow: (( yeeeeeeessssssss!(2009-11-29 16:59:35) Ezekiel: (@Robert You can have the helpless survivor next time. Minimal exposure to the RNG.)(2009-11-29 16:59:38) Narrator: (( 4 more sixes needed17:00(2009-11-29 17:00:03) Nicholas: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 17:00:04) Robert: ((I think that would be for the best. I always have really bad luck with LadyLuck.(2009-11-29 17:00:08) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 22 (6, 6, 4, 6) [4d6](2009-11-29 17:00:17) Narrator: (( oh 1 six short!(2009-11-29 17:00:23) Arle: (Actually remember that, Charl.)(2009-11-29 17:00:32) Arle: (I actually*)(2009-11-29 17:00:49) Narrator: (( but as I have to go soon I will give you an additional 6 and we can do a diary entry and call the game(2009-11-29 17:00:56) Narrator: (( SANCTUARY!(2009-11-29 17:00:57) Robert: (Yeah. Every fracking game! She hates me. =((2009-11-29 17:01:04) BarryManilow: yay!(2009-11-29 17:01:13) Ezekiel: (On the other hand, if Arle joins, helpless fits her real life personality like a glove. :P)(2009-11-29 17:01:29) earl_robinson: (can i do my diary later ? )(2009-11-29 17:02:04) Nicholas: (ba da ching)(2009-11-29 17:02:18) Narrator: yes(2009-11-29 17:02:30) Narrator: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeqX4XALZHH2ZGd6eG5xOW5fMzczZ2d4M3JjNWI&hl=en is the document(2009-11-29 17:02:40) BarryManilow: ((good game, Narrator !(2009-11-29 17:02:42) Robert: In character I assume?(2009-11-29 17:02:51) earl_robinson: yes thank you !(2009-11-29 17:02:56) Robert: yeah.(2009-11-29 17:02:57) Robert: It was fun.(2009-11-29 17:03:08) earl_robinson: i will enter it by 2 am monday (2009-11-29 17:03:14) Narrator: what you need to do is make a diary entry – a diary, log, lketter to you mom/ dad/ wife/ child/ lover/etc.(2009-11-29 17:03:25) ***Arle kicks Knights.(2009-11-29 17:03:37) BarryManilow is now known as fudgebob(2009-11-29 17:03:39) Ezekiel: (When they have armor, or not?)(2009-11-29 17:03:41) Arle: I’m dangerous, ass. Don’t ye forget it.(2009-11-29 17:03:45) Ezekiel is now known as Knaight(2009-11-29 17:03:49) Arle: Kniaght*(2009-11-29 17:03:50) Narrator: in that entry you can make 1 true statement and that statement will grant a +1 bonus in a specific situation(2009-11-29 17:03:53) Arle: ye know what.(2009-11-29 17:03:58) Arle: I’m not fixin’ that typo.(2009-11-29 17:04:02) Arle: That’s yer punishment.(2009-11-29 17:04:12) Nicholas is now known as KRZV(2009-11-29 17:04:29) fudgebob: Shotgun Diaries never fails to satisfy :)(2009-11-29 17:04:30) earl_robinson: is there any way to get a log pof th ewhole(2009-11-29 17:04:38) earl_robinson: game(2009-11-29 17:04:41) Knaight: That is largely because Shotgun Diaries is awesome.(2009-11-29 17:04:44) Narrator: for example “I was always the best at finding tools” grants +1 anytime you are looking for tools

(2009-11-29 15:32:20) You are now known as Narrator(2009-11-29 15:32:23) Knaight: My googledoc? Que?(2009-11-29 15:32:28) Knaight is now known as Ezekiel(2009-11-29 15:32:44) tomshad: is that to write as we go ?(2009-11-29 15:33:02) Narrator: gone!(2009-11-29 15:33:02) fudgebob: yes, Ezekiel , your googledoc of characters(2009-11-29 15:33:08) tomshad: this is my first time(2009-11-29 15:33:17) Ezekiel: (Not mine. Narrator’s.)(2009-11-29 15:33:22) fudgebob: you can write later, tom(2009-11-29 15:33:27) tomshad: ok(2009-11-29 15:33:36) Ezekiel: (We will tell you when to write. Most notably Narrator.)(2009-11-29 15:33:43) charl: This channel?(2009-11-29 15:34:00) Ezekiel: (And I’m assuming the usual notation for out of character stuff. Is that a safe, and more importantly accurate, assumption?)(2009-11-29 15:34:02) Narrator: we can play here unless you want to go(2009-11-29 15:34:13) Narrator: yes ( indicatres OOC(2009-11-29 15:34:23) Narrator: > indicates continuing narration to come(2009-11-29 15:34:50) fudgebob: use (( for ooc, its easier – no need to type the ending )(2009-11-29 15:34:56) MaxwellSmart is now known as RobStrong15:35(2009-11-29 15:35:04) Narrator: all players please roll 4d6 add all 6’s form all players together. target is 6 successes or more(2009-11-29 15:35:18) Ezekiel: (If you want to type something very long, but want to get it in now, use >, to clarify)(2009-11-29 15:35:24) tomshad: how do i chnge my name like you guys did ?(2009-11-29 15:35:30) Ezekiel: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:35:31) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 18 (5, 3, 6, 4) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:35:34) Narrator: use /nick new_name(2009-11-29 15:35:43) Arle: Type /quit.(2009-11-29 15:35:44) fudgebob is now known as BarryMoore(2009-11-29 15:35:55) BarryMoore: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:35:56) charl is now known as Will_Smith(2009-11-29 15:35:56) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 19 (4, 5, 5, 5) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:36:01) Ezekiel: (@tomshad use Narrator’s advice, not Arle’s)(2009-11-29 15:36:06) Will_Smith: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:36:07) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 10 (6, 1, 2, 1) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:36:11) Arle: Pfft, ruin my fun.(2009-11-29 15:36:24) Narrator: 2 successes so far(2009-11-29 15:36:26) mode (+m ) by BarryMoore(2009-11-29 15:36:44) mode (-m ) by BarryMoore(2009-11-29 15:36:45) tomshad: *roll4d6(2009-11-29 15:36:47) RobStrong: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:36:48) LadyLuck: RobStrong: 16 (2, 6, 5, 3) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:36:54) RobStrong: yay(2009-11-29 15:36:55) Narrator: 3(2009-11-29 15:37:03) BarryMoore: :)(2009-11-29 15:37:12) tomshad: *roll4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:24) BarryMoore: ((no spaces(2009-11-29 15:37:24) Will_Smith: (tomshad, you need a space before the dice notation.)(2009-11-29 15:37:36) tomshad:  *roll4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:42) Narrator: @ tomshad *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:43) tomshad: sorry(2009-11-29 15:37:54) tomshad: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 15:37:55) LadyLuck: tomshad: 19 (6, 1, 6, 6) [4d6](2009-11-29 15:38:01) Narrator: SANCTUARY!(2009-11-29 15:38:24) Ezekiel: (Tomshad, name change please.(2009-11-29 15:38:45) tomshad is now known as earl(2009-11-29 15:39:20) earl: good ?(2009-11-29 15:39:37) Ezekiel: (Yeah. Things are looking up.)(2009-11-29 15:39:39) earl is now known as earl_robinson(2009-11-29 15:39:52) Narrator: starting(2009-11-29 15:39:54) Narrator: >15:40(2009-11-29 15:40:47) Narrator: It has been three days since your van broke down and you made ran into the church just ahead of the raving mobs. Funny to think that a church is supplying you with safety from the undead better than the gun shop did.(2009-11-29 15:40:47) Narrator: YOu have a small pile of food and water and have managed to barricade the doors and block the windows with pews.(2009-11-29 15:40:56) Narrator: I has been a few days since the last rain(2009-11-29 15:41:07) Narrator: and you can hear the zombies hammering at the doors.(2009-11-29 15:41:14) Narrator: done(2009-11-29 15:41:32) Narrator: ((zombie clock 0 supplies 6(2009-11-29 15:41:59) BarryMoore: “I’m hungry… any chocolates left?”(2009-11-29 15:42:11) Will_Smith: (does the church have a tower? Do we have access to all the rooms or just the main altar chambers?)(2009-11-29 15:42:40) Will_Smith: “We need to ration what we have.”(2009-11-29 15:42:46) earl_robinson: (do we have rope or the equivalent ?)(2009-11-29 15:42:53) Narrator: ((will if you ask me I can give you answers – better option is to roll the dice. if you get a 6 you tell me about the church(2009-11-29 15:43:09) Ezekiel: Ezekiel pulls out a chocolate, gestures with it at Barry, and starts to eat it. “The Lord giveth,” he states, pointing at the church, “and the Lord taketh away” he says, putting the chocolate away,(2009-11-29 15:43:09) Narrator: (( no tools or weapons but 6 days of perishable supplies(2009-11-29 15:43:18) KRZV-away: (do we have room for another survivor?)(2009-11-29 15:43:24) Ezekiel: (Yes)(2009-11-29 15:43:36) RobStrong: (Yeah we barely started :)(2009-11-29 15:43:38) Narrator: ((KRZV-away – one left dangerous(2009-11-29 15:43:47) KRZV-away: (ok)(2009-11-29 15:43:56) KRZV-away is now known as Nicholas(2009-11-29 15:43:59) ***BarryMoore glares at Ezekiel “Funny, Ez”(2009-11-29 15:44:04) earl_robinson: can i roll to do something here ?(2009-11-29 15:44:36) Narrator: ((you can roll anytome that someone is not already narrating. but remember each roll has a risk.(2009-11-29 15:44:56) earl_robinson: (how many dice do i need to roll ? )15:45(2009-11-29 15:45:02) charl [~charle@OWIRCN-932a3544.ostruktur.com] entered the room.(2009-11-29 15:45:10) charl is now known as will(2009-11-29 15:45:15) will: (sorry, my other shell connection died)(2009-11-29 15:45:34) RobStrong: we are running out of beer(2009-11-29 15:46:12) earl_robinson: ( do i roll 4d6 ?)(2009-11-29 15:46:35) will: “As long as we have water we will be fine.”(2009-11-29 15:46:37) Nicholas: (plus one for each other survivor)(2009-11-29 15:46:41) will: “But we are running out of that too.”(2009-11-29 15:47:05) earl_robinson: (how many in our party now / )(2009-11-29 15:47:06) Narrator: (( earl roll 8d6 4 if you are clever 4 for the group being together and any number you want to take our of supplies(2009-11-29 15:47:36) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:47:37) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 30 (4, 1, 5, 4, 3, 6, 1, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:48:02) Narrator: ((2 successes earl narrates(2009-11-29 15:48:25) ***Nicholas watches the altar, calm, thoughtful, murmuring something to himself, wondering how hard could a skull be crushed with one of those apparently heavy, solid candlesticks.(2009-11-29 15:48:48) Will_Smith left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 121 seconds).(2009-11-29 15:48:54) earl_robinson: I ook in the corner and see a small cabinet that we havent opened .. and figure out the combination lock listening very closely to the cliicks(2009-11-29 15:49:10) earl_robinson: in the cabinet are robes for the priests(2009-11-29 15:49:29) BarryMoore: “Better give some water to Will… he keeps passing out”(2009-11-29 15:49:34) earl_robinson: i take all the rope lining the cloaks and tie it together(2009-11-29 15:49:51) earl_robinson: and grapple a high beam(2009-11-29 15:49:53) ***Ezekiel puts on a robe. “They will not harm a holy man. We are saved”(2009-11-29 15:49:55) Will_Smith [~charl@OWIRCN-1ea7b4bf.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] entered the room.(2009-11-29 15:49:59) earl_robinson: climb up to the bell tower15:50(2009-11-29 15:50:06) BarryMoore: ((cool, earl_robinson ! :)(2009-11-29 15:50:13) earl_robinson: and see if I can look out(2009-11-29 15:50:29) Narrator: ((are you asking me or rolling?(2009-11-29 15:50:35) earl_robinson: (can i get out of the window with bars ?)(2009-11-29 15:50:47) Ezekiel: (Do not ask, roll)(2009-11-29 15:50:48) Will_Smith: ((Ok, back.)(2009-11-29 15:50:51) Narrator: ((ibid – are you asking or rolling?(2009-11-29 15:50:54) ***Nicholas takes his time swinging each candlestick, wondering if any are made actually made of bronze or whatever the church uses for ostentation nowadays.(2009-11-29 15:50:54) Will_Smith: (I’m sorry about the connection troubles).(2009-11-29 15:50:58) will left the room (quit: Quit: leaving).(2009-11-29 15:50:58) BarryMoore: “Will, are you ok? You keep passing out… here, have some water”(2009-11-29 15:50:58) Nicholas: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:50:59) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 30 (5, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 2) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:51:04) ***RobStrong is sitting in one of the benches of the church, with her feet resting in the front bench, which he has pulled further to the front to be more comfortable.(2009-11-29 15:51:06) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:51:07) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 29 (1, 4, 3, 6, 3, 4, 2, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:51:17) Narrator: ((2 successes Nicholas narrates(2009-11-29 15:51:20) BarryMoore: “Drats!”(2009-11-29 15:51:29) Will_Smith: “Thank you. I guess I have been feeling a little under the weather.”(2009-11-29 15:51:30) ***RobStrong is eating some of the scavenged snack foods with a beer, completely disrespectful about the sacredness of the place.(2009-11-29 15:52:44) Nicholas: “Nice, heavy, heavenly skull bashing…”, he says, confirming that the two candlesticks in the center of the altar, both about two and a half feet long, are actually made of bronze, solid but not heavy enough as to keep him from swinging wildly when needed.(2009-11-29 15:52:56) ***Ezekiel snatches away Rob’s food, spilling the beer in the process, and proceeds to give an impromptu sermon.(2009-11-29 15:52:57) Narrator: You hear a scream in the distance – and the pounding at the doors stops for just a second(2009-11-29 15:53:25) ***Will_Smith gets up and sneaks up to the doors, trying to get a peek through the barricades.(2009-11-29 15:53:30) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:53:30) BarryMoore: “Uh oh”(2009-11-29 15:53:30) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 33 (5, 6, 3, 6, 6, 1, 3, 3) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:53:32) ***Nicholas quickly shifts his gaze towards the doors. “Silence ain’t good.”(2009-11-29 15:53:33) Narrator: (( Nicholas you need to narracter your type – fst to use all 8 dice(2009-11-29 15:54:03) Narrator: (( 3 successes will narrates(2009-11-29 15:54:03) BarryMoore: ((nick is the dangerous one methinks(2009-11-29 15:54:16) Narrator: (( opps my bad(2009-11-29 15:54:20) Nicholas: ((wasn’t that implicit with all of the “how can I use it to murder stuff” in his thoughts?(2009-11-29 15:54:44) ***Will_Smith carefully and silently makes his way to the barricades, and standing on top of a pew he peeks over them out over the heads of the zombies.(2009-11-29 15:54:46) Nicholas: ((oh(2009-11-29 15:54:46) Narrator: (( I had written down fast twice(2009-11-29 15:54:56) Nicholas: ((ok15:55(2009-11-29 15:55:08) ***RobStrong sits up un the bench a little surprised by the sudden silence, he got used to the pounding on the doors.(2009-11-29 15:55:13) RobStrong: hey, what’s happening?(2009-11-29 15:55:30) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:55:31) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 28 (2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:55:44) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:55:45) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 34 (5, 6, 6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 3) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:55:57) Narrator: The pounding resumes and the doors shake a little under the renews beating from the undead masses outside(2009-11-29 15:56:21) Narrator: ((earl then will(2009-11-29 15:57:06) earl_robinson: i squeeze out of the bell tower and look to see if there is another buiilding or tree to jump to(2009-11-29 15:57:24) earl_robinson: i see zombies only infront of the church right now(2009-11-29 15:57:32) dlurker [Mibbit@OWIRCN-74a58e09.ed.shawcable.net] entered the room.(2009-11-29 15:57:42) ***Will_Smith quickly gets down from the barricades and back to the supply pile. “I don’t think they saw me. They got another one across the plaza. Dragged her out of her car.”(2009-11-29 15:57:43) Narrator: The doors creak under the pressure of the mass of flesh… the barricade seems to shift  just a fraction sending a small cloud of dust into the foyer(2009-11-29 15:57:57) Will_Smith: “Oh crap, I hope I didn’t cause that.”(2009-11-29 15:58:13) Narrator: As earl steps out onto the roof a loud “CRACK!” rings in the church(2009-11-29 15:58:21) ***Ezekiel tries to follow the other two out to get a look, and is foiled by a beer gut. “Aaaaaah!” “Oh Jesus, heeeelp!”(2009-11-29 15:58:33) Narrator: a good size rock hits the alter and bounces twice(2009-11-29 15:58:36) earl_robinson: climb up here guys(2009-11-29 15:58:44) ***Nicholas looks up, wondering what the hell is going on up there.(2009-11-29 15:58:56) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:58:57) Narrator: a good size hole is left in one of the stained glass windows(2009-11-29 15:58:57) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (4, 4, 5, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:59:04) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 15:59:05) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 29 (6, 4, 3, 6, 6, 2, 1, 1) [8d6](2009-11-29 15:59:23) Narrator: (( earl then will(2009-11-29 15:59:45) Narrator: the sind whistles as it blows through the now broken pane of glass(2009-11-29 15:59:52) Narrator: the wind*(2009-11-29 15:59:56) earl_robinson: i see a truck just past a few trees16:00(2009-11-29 16:00:05) earl_robinson: come up here guy!(2009-11-29 16:00:09) earl_robinson: guys(2009-11-29 16:00:29) earl_robinson: i jump to the tree(2009-11-29 16:00:34) WarLord: [hey guys, I'm going AFK for about two hours, see yall later!](2009-11-29 16:00:47) Narrator: ((see ya WarLord(2009-11-29 16:00:50) ***Will_Smith gathers as much as he can carry, rolls it up in one of the priest robes, trying carefully to not provoke the zombies any more, and makes his way towards the rope.(2009-11-29 16:00:52) BarryMoore: ((k, WarLord :)(2009-11-29 16:01:01) Will_Smith: ((Of the supplies.)(2009-11-29 16:01:20) Ezekiel: ((Bye WarLord)(2009-11-29 16:01:21) ***BarryMoore helps Will_Smith(2009-11-29 16:01:21) earl_robinson: (18 wheeler btw)(2009-11-29 16:01:30) avalon.otherworlders.org: (notice) *** Narrator invited Igor into the channel(2009-11-29 16:01:31) Igor [~rbot@OWIRCN-9ee3e55c.abhsia.telus.net] entered the room.(2009-11-29 16:01:49) RobStrong: ((do you mind if I die?(2009-11-29 16:02:03) RobStrong: ((I usually am up for anything, but I am busy in real life right now…(2009-11-29 16:02:14) Narrator: (( am I doing that poorly ;)(2009-11-29 16:02:14) RobStrong: ((I really hate it because I seldom have chance to play :((2009-11-29 16:02:23) RobStrong: ((Not at all :(((((2009-11-29 16:02:28) Ezekiel: (If you need to die, die.)(2009-11-29 16:02:28) BloodSweatSteel left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).(2009-11-29 16:02:29) BarryMoore: ((we’ll make you an NPC for now, RobStrong(2009-11-29 16:02:40) RobStrong: ((I can’t follow the story… OK(2009-11-29 16:02:44) Will_Smith: “C’mon, Barry. Let’s go.”(2009-11-29 16:02:46) Ezekiel: (Don’t worry, we can kill you off later. Bye)(2009-11-29 16:02:50) Narrator: (( yep npc unless someone frm the peanut gallery want to take over(2009-11-29 16:03:10) ***Nicholas quickly ties both candlesticks to his belt and rushes to gather as much supplies as he can before attempting to climb up as well.(2009-11-29 16:03:39) RobStrong: ((I might reapear later and save your sorry asses if I become free…(2009-11-29 16:03:49) BarryMoore: ((cool, RobStrong :)(2009-11-29 16:04:08) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:04:09) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (3, 5, 2, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:04:13) ***BarryMoore asks “Whats the plan?”(2009-11-29 16:04:14) Nicholas: ((or make the noisy entrance that will give us away to the zombies – that’s cooler :D(2009-11-29 16:04:25) Ezekiel: “Get me out! Help!” Zombies start spreading around the church.(2009-11-29 16:04:30) Narrator: A large bang thunders in the church and a massive cloud of dust cascades down the south wall of the church. followed by a another shattering window(2009-11-29 16:04:38) Will_Smith: “Up the rope!”(2009-11-29 16:04:38) Narrator: (( earl narrates(2009-11-29 16:04:54) earl_robinson: That Truck is our only hope..16:05(2009-11-29 16:05:03) Narrator: (( Ezekiel – you can spread zombies in sanctuary(2009-11-29 16:05:21) earl_robinson: I jump from tree to truck roof and start the 18 wheeler(2009-11-29 16:05:35) Will_Smith: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:05:36) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 29 (6, 1, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 4) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:05:47) Narrator: (( earl you realise that you just narrated “That Truck is our only hope.. ” making it true… :)(2009-11-29 16:05:56) Narrator: (( will narrates(2009-11-29 16:06:01) earl_robinson: ( umm that was wrong ?)(2009-11-29 16:06:13) Ezekiel: (Nah, it should make things interesting.)(2009-11-29 16:06:13) Narrator: (( not from where I am typing(2009-11-29 16:06:15) Nicholas: (nah, it was cool)(2009-11-29 16:06:31) BarryMoore: ((no, but we all gotta head for the truck now! :)(2009-11-29 16:06:34) ***Will_Smith ties the robes with the supplies to his belt and climbs up the rope. It’s awkward, but he somehow managed to make his way up to the roof.(2009-11-29 16:06:40) earl_robinson: (i thought that was my succes getting there..and exclaimed that i believe it is our only hope)(2009-11-29 16:06:41) Will_Smith: *s(2009-11-29 16:07:01) ***Nicholas prods Ezekiel nervously. “C’mon, we gotta climb, NOW!”(2009-11-29 16:08:03) Narrator: another rock is hurled into the church through another stained glass window. This window shatters and spraying a good portion of the floor with small pieces of glass and tin(2009-11-29 16:08:12) Will_Smith: “C’mon, hurry up!” I yell down.(2009-11-29 16:08:31) BarryMoore: ((if i make a run for the truck, how many do i need to roll?(2009-11-29 16:08:45) Narrator: Several zombie start to move towards Earl and the truck(2009-11-29 16:08:56) Narrator: (( @ BarryMoore 8d6(2009-11-29 16:09:48) BarryMoore: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:09:49) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 27 (1, 1, 4, 5, 5, 1, 6, 4) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:09:50) Ezekiel: “Lord, give me the power to scale these walls.” Ezekial tries to climb, but falls over, onto the barricade, sending it, and him, toppling into a heap. “Help meee”(2009-11-29 16:09:50) ***Ezekiel gestures helplessly, trying to get lifted up.(2009-11-29 16:09:50) Ezekiel: “Will, send me a rope and pull meeee” Ezekial squeals.16:10(2009-11-29 16:10:01) Narrator: (( barry nbarrate(2009-11-29 16:10:25) Will_Smith: ((I assume I don’t my sneaky bonus for helping Ezekial?(2009-11-29 16:10:31) Nicholas: “… good lord…” *ties the rope around Ezekiel’s waist, tightly. “Don’t move!”, and starts to climb up.(2009-11-29 16:10:34) Narrator: Ezekiel doesn’t seem to be able to climb the rope – his sizable girth is preventing him from getting more than 3-5 inches off the church floor(2009-11-29 16:10:47) ***BarryMoore runs to the truck as fast as he can, pushing away any shamblers in his way…(2009-11-29 16:10:51) Narrator: (( Nicklas roll 4d6 for climb(2009-11-29 16:10:59) Nicholas: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:11:00) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 16 (5, 2, 6, 3) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:11:11) Ezekiel: (Remember, pulling me up grants you an extra 2 dice.)(2009-11-29 16:11:18) ***BarryMoore makes it to the truck and gets inside the cab(2009-11-29 16:11:23) Narrator: (( sorry Ezekiel is right 2d6 more please(2009-11-29 16:11:52) Nicholas: *With effort, Nicholas manages to climb up, but doesn’t even allow his palms to cool off before starting to pull Ezekiel up*(2009-11-29 16:11:54) Nicholas: ((oh(2009-11-29 16:11:58) Nicholas: *roll 2d6(2009-11-29 16:11:59) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 6 (2, 4) [2d6](2009-11-29 16:12:02) Narrator: THe zombies at the front door start trailing after barry towards the truck(2009-11-29 16:12:14) earl_robinson: ( is that everyone in the truck ?)(2009-11-29 16:12:20) Narrator: (( one success you can get yourself up but you’d have to cut Ezekielfree to do so(2009-11-29 16:12:23) BarryMoore: “Ngayahhh!”(2009-11-29 16:12:27) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:12:28) Will_Smith: “Hold on!”(2009-11-29 16:12:28) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (5, 6, 2, 3, 5, 4, 2, 4) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:12:34) Will_Smith: *roll 6d6(2009-11-29 16:12:35) LadyLuck: Will_Smith: 19 (5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 4) [6d6](2009-11-29 16:12:38) Narrator: (( ealr narrates(2009-11-29 16:12:52) Will_Smith: (Will was trying to help Barry)(2009-11-29 16:12:59) Narrator: (( then I narrate for will(2009-11-29 16:13:16) earl_robinson: i floor the accelerator .. mowing down about 30 zombies running over them in a not pretty result(2009-11-29 16:13:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 16:33:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!(2009-11-29 16:13:43) earl_robinson: c and yell.. come on .. we can still get out of here with our lives !(2009-11-29 16:14:02) Nicholas: ((Then I don’t succeed and slip down(2009-11-29 16:14:06) Narrator: (( zpmbie clock 1 supplies 5(2009-11-29 16:14:43) Nicholas: “F*ck, man!” *looks around trying to find another way out*16:15(2009-11-29 16:15:31) earl_robinson: (It is me and barry in truck and you two are still outside ? is there a third npc ouutsiude also ?)(2009-11-29 16:15:40) Narrator: >narrating for will(2009-11-29 16:15:42) Will_Smith: (I am up on the roof)(2009-11-29 16:16:14) Nicholas: (me and Ez still in the church)(2009-11-29 16:16:30) ***BarryMoore looks for a weapon inside the cab…(2009-11-29 16:16:39) BarryMoore: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:16:40) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 11 (2, 2, 6, 1) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:16:53) Narrator: >> still narrating for will(2009-11-29 16:17:17) Narrator: Will starts walk along the roof to find a safe way down when you slip and slide into a mass of undead flesshcold hands grasp your shirt and drag you to the ground. Pain stabs into you as chucks of flesh are torn from your body. Blood seeps into your eyes and you can no longer see. Finally you start to feel warm and darkness fills you vision… you car dead(2009-11-29 16:17:22) dlurker left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).(2009-11-29 16:17:34) dlurker [Mibbit@OWIRCN-74a58e09.ed.shawcable.net] entered the room.(2009-11-29 16:17:35) Narrator: (( barry narrate(2009-11-29 16:17:48) Narrator: (( will you are gone you can start another character or take over rob(2009-11-29 16:17:57) Narrator: all other fear check(2009-11-29 16:18:01) Will_Smith: (I’ll just take rob)(2009-11-29 16:18:07) Will_Smith: (What is he doing?)(2009-11-29 16:18:11) ***BarryMoore sees Will_Smith “Will!!!” *sobs(2009-11-29 16:18:15) Will_Smith is now known as Robert(2009-11-29 16:18:21) Narrator: (( all others fear check please 1d6 roll 1 or your fear goes up one(2009-11-29 16:18:31) BarryMoore: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:32) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 5 (5) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:18:34) earl_robinson: *rool 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:37) Ezekiel: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:38) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 1 (1) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:18:42) earl_robinson: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:18:43) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 4 (4) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:18:50) ***Nicholas is breathing deeply, slowly, eyes coldly focused on the front door. “Can you run, Ezekiel?”(2009-11-29 16:18:58) earl_robinson: Damnit .. Lets go !!(2009-11-29 16:19:26) Ezekiel: “Maybe”(2009-11-29 16:19:37) ***BarryMoore finds a crowbar under the seat(2009-11-29 16:19:49) Nicholas: “Whatever you do, stay close to me… and don’t find yourself in front of me.”(2009-11-29 16:19:53) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:19:54) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 31 (6, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 4) [8d6]16:20(2009-11-29 16:20:31) Nicholas: ((I’m gonna roll and also take 4 dice of the sanctuary pool, is that alright?(2009-11-29 16:20:37) ***Ezekiel grabs Nick’s wrist and tries to run while being pulled.(2009-11-29 16:20:39) Narrator: (( rob fear check then earl narrates(2009-11-29 16:20:45) Robert: (Ok, so Ez and Nich are in the church, and Barry and Earl in the truck. Where am I currently? Not in the scene yet?)(2009-11-29 16:20:49) Ezekiel: (An extra 2 for helping me as well Nick)(2009-11-29 16:20:58) Robert: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:20:59) LadyLuck: Robert: 6 (6) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:21:03) Nicholas: ((ok(2009-11-29 16:21:26) Nicholas: *roll 13d6(2009-11-29 16:21:27) Narrator: (( nickolas fear check(2009-11-29 16:21:27) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 54 (2, 2, 3, 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5, 6) [13d6](2009-11-29 16:21:55) Narrator: (( nickloas narrate many success(2009-11-29 16:23:46) earl_robinson: ( we are waiting for Nick narration right ? )(2009-11-29 16:23:52) Narrator: (( yes(2009-11-29 16:24:04) Robert: (I still need to know what my character is up to)(2009-11-29 16:24:08) Narrator: (( (( Robert, Earl and Barry all have 2 fear now. and with the loss of William you only get 3 dice for the party(2009-11-29 16:24:19) Narrator: (( robert was just sitting in the church(2009-11-29 16:24:24) Robert: ((Ok(2009-11-29 16:24:51) Narrator: (( Nicholas? you there?(2009-11-29 16:24:59) Narrator: (( go ahead robert16:25(2009-11-29 16:25:13) earl_robinson: (so when i roll ..  roll 5d6 now ?)(2009-11-29 16:25:35) ***Robert gets up and in front of Ezekiel and Nicholas. “Stay close.” He says.(2009-11-29 16:25:43) Robert: *roll 9d6(2009-11-29 16:25:44) LadyLuck: Robert: 39 (2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5, 4, 5, 4) [9d6](2009-11-29 16:25:48) Narrator: (( 4d6 for being clever – and you narrate a clever action + 3d6 for the party if you are all togeteher(2009-11-29 16:26:04) Narrator: (( too many rober drop last 2 dice(2009-11-29 16:26:09) Nicholas: *Nicholas eyes seem to go numb, expressionless, but his mouth is twisted, teeth gritted, as he runs towards the front doors, madly swinging both candlesticks at the barricade, clearing a tight but workable way through, enough to allow a small opening of the doors by the first zombie… which promptly gets her head smashed with brutality. Zombie after zombie, Nicholas takes slow but certain steps outside, using both arms and clubs to open a way ou(2009-11-29 16:26:12) Narrator: (( robert narrates(2009-11-29 16:26:49) Narrator: ((nicklas cut off at “to open a way ou”(2009-11-29 16:27:16) ***Robert grabs a large piece of wood from the now broken barricades, holds it in front of himself, and then rams straight through the crowd of zombies, knocking them down as he goes and makes a way to the truck.(2009-11-29 16:27:58) Nicholas: ((point in effect is, we’re out. :P(2009-11-29 16:29:07) Robert: “C’mon!” I yell to the others.(2009-11-29 16:29:08) earl_robinson: (so everyone is in the truck now who is alive ?)(2009-11-29 16:29:19) Ezekiel: (Yes.)(2009-11-29 16:29:33) earl_robinson: (my turn to narrate ?)16:30(2009-11-29 16:30:10) Robert: (You are the driver right?)(2009-11-29 16:30:27) earl_robinson: (yes but asking narrator if it is my turn )(2009-11-29 16:30:28) Narrator: (( sure(2009-11-29 16:30:49) BarryMoore: ((question: is the 18 wheeler truck hauling something?(2009-11-29 16:31:32) earl_robinson: I floor the truck again .. saying OK FUCKERS , HOLD ON .. and i mow down zombie after zombie until we get to the onramp of the interstate.(2009-11-29 16:31:34) Narrator: (( are you asking or rolling? and Nick I need a fear roll(2009-11-29 16:31:36) Ezekiel: (Ie, a trailer?)(2009-11-29 16:32:16) earl_robinson: ( yes a long steel trailer, the truck is red )(2009-11-29 16:32:32) Narrator: (( also robert, Barry and Nickolas each have weapons so they succeed on 5 or 6(2009-11-29 16:32:42) earl_robinson: i put on Megadeath Peace sells on the stereo(2009-11-29 16:32:55) Nicholas: *roll 1d6(2009-11-29 16:32:56) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 2 (2) [1d6](2009-11-29 16:32:57) BarryMoore: “MegaDeth!!!”(2009-11-29 16:32:59) Robert: “How much gas do we have?”(2009-11-29 16:33:27) Narrator: The truck rumbles along the road. the cab is very crowded but you all manage to fit.(2009-11-29 16:33:39) Robert: “I do not want to end up like Will… poor bastard.”(2009-11-29 16:33:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 16:53:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!(2009-11-29 16:33:43) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 17:33:42): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step!(2009-11-29 16:33:59) Ezekiel: “He brought that to himself. Should have prayed more often.”(2009-11-29 16:34:07) Robert: “Oh, shut up.”(2009-11-29 16:34:08) Narrator: (( zombie clock 2 Supplies 0(2009-11-29 16:34:10) earl_robinson: Shut up Ezekiel(2009-11-29 16:34:22) Narrator: > Horde event(2009-11-29 16:34:28) Narrator: >(2009-11-29 16:34:34) earl_robinson: ( wtf is that )(2009-11-29 16:34:39) Nicholas: (awesomeness)(2009-11-29 16:34:44) Robert: (nothing good, I’d vager)(2009-11-29 16:34:51) Ezekiel: (That is one way to think of it. Nothing good is more accurate.)16:35(2009-11-29 16:35:37) BarryMoore: ((it means doom! doooom!(2009-11-29 16:36:01) Narrator: You slam the brakes to the floor as you ht the on ramp and see that it is filled with a wall of smashed vehicles. The trailer jackknifes and slams into the back of the cab. Metal screams as it is ripped from the back of the truck>(2009-11-29 16:36:18) BarryMoore: “OMG!!!!”(2009-11-29 16:36:21) Robert: “Holy fuck!”(2009-11-29 16:36:25) Narrator: The cab flips onto its side and crashes into the mass of cars on the ramp.>(2009-11-29 16:36:37) BarryMoore: “Momma!!!”(2009-11-29 16:36:49) Ezekiel: “Jesus save us!”(2009-11-29 16:36:54) Narrator: The windshield cracks and falls into the front seat.(2009-11-29 16:37:01) Narrator: >(2009-11-29 16:37:09) earl_robinson: “wonderful..15 years of school for this ?”(2009-11-29 16:37:28) earl_robinson: *roll 8d6(2009-11-29 16:37:29) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 32 (5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5) [8d6](2009-11-29 16:37:47) Narrator: (( not done give me a second and only 7 dice now(2009-11-29 16:38:00) earl_robinson: ( my  bad)(2009-11-29 16:38:51) Narrator: A cool wind blows into the cab bringing the smell of grease, rubber, oil, gasoline and the sour stench of rotting flesh. You see several zombies fall, jump nd crawl out of the mass of cars and start moving towards you.(2009-11-29 16:38:54) Narrator: (( done(2009-11-29 16:39:12) earl_robinson: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:13) LadyLuck: earl_robinson: 21 (3, 1, 5, 1, 1, 6, 4) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:13) Robert: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:14) LadyLuck: Robert: 22 (2, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 3) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:16) Narrator: (( you can all roll then narrate in order of rolls(2009-11-29 16:39:30) BarryMoore: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:30) Nicholas: *roll 7d6(2009-11-29 16:39:30) LadyLuck: BarryMoore: 23 (2, 6, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:31) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 27 (3, 5, 6, 6, 4, 2, 1) [7d6](2009-11-29 16:39:39) Narrator: (( keep in mind that ezekiel needs to be saved too(2009-11-29 16:39:54) Ezekiel: (And whoever does it gains an extra 2 dice.)16:40(2009-11-29 16:40:03) Narrator: (( oh zombie clock resets to zero(2009-11-29 16:40:13) Robert: ((in that case I’ll roll two more for helping him(2009-11-29 16:40:23) Robert: *roll 2d6(2009-11-29 16:40:24) LadyLuck: Robert: 5 (1, 4) [2d6](2009-11-29 16:40:53) Narrator: (( narration order earl, Robert, Barry, Nickolas everyon suceeds(2009-11-29 16:41:50) BarryMoore: ((wait! i want to be a Celebrity Survivor…(2009-11-29 16:41:57) BarryMoore is now known as BarryManilow(2009-11-29 16:41:58) earl_robinson: I kick th ecab door open and light a rag in my pocket on fire and throw it towards the accident scene(2009-11-29 16:42:30) Nicholas: ((… if I knew that was an option, I’d be McHammer.(2009-11-29 16:42:34) Narrator: (( you need to narrate finding the lighter etc(2009-11-29 16:42:48) earl_robinson: ok(2009-11-29 16:43:05) earl_robinson: searches his pocket for a lighter(2009-11-29 16:43:15) earl_robinson: ( do i rol dice to succeed ?(2009-11-29 16:43:37) Narrator: (( “cleverly” find the lighter – you already suceeded in finding it just tell the story(2009-11-29 16:43:41) Ezekiel: (No)(2009-11-29 16:43:59) earl_robinson: ( and that is the end of my turn narrating ?)(2009-11-29 16:44:33) Narrator: (( only if you want it to be – narrate as much as you want – no year long narrations but within reason16:45(2009-11-29 16:45:05) Narrator: (( and please post in chunks my irc client cuts off at 255 chracters(2009-11-29 16:45:13) earl_robinson: ( so what about the rest .. lighting a rag on fire and tossing toward the cars with gas )(2009-11-29 16:45:31) Nicholas: (and the effect it has)(2009-11-29 16:45:35) Narrator: (( as much or as little as you want – you have narrative control(2009-11-29 16:46:20) earl_robinson: i take a rag from the foor of the cab  and stuff it in the beer bottle on floor(2009-11-29 16:46:25) earl_robinson: and light it(2009-11-29 16:46:51) earl_robinson: and throw it far away but twoards where the fums of gas are coming from(2009-11-29 16:47:22) earl_robinson: ( do i narrate explosion or is that narrator from now on ?)(2009-11-29 16:47:31) Narrator: (( its yours(2009-11-29 16:47:45) Ezekiel: (Narrate explosion, shrapnel, whatever.)(2009-11-29 16:47:48) Narrator: (( just rember you can only save yourself so you can’t kill ALL the zombies(2009-11-29 16:48:20) earl_robinson: the bottle smashes and lands under a porsche split in half(2009-11-29 16:48:47) earl_robinson: all of a sdden a rumbling .. a LOUD rrumble gets louder and louder(2009-11-29 16:48:51) earl_robinson: and BOOOM<(2009-11-29 16:49:02) earl_robinson: a chain explosion happens(2009-11-29 16:49:02) shy [Mibbit@53D63E.41D1A3.19483E.9D5E36] entered the room.(2009-11-29 16:49:10) Nicholas: Hello.(2009-11-29 16:49:15) shy: hi all(2009-11-29 16:49:16) Nicholas: ()(2009-11-29 16:49:21) BarryManilow: ((hi shy, we’re playing a game :)(2009-11-29 16:49:26) shy: ok(2009-11-29 16:49:36) earl_robinson: and hundreds of zombies and are fire groaning.. many is parts twitching ..(2009-11-29 16:49:36) Narrator: (( hello shy you are welcome to join in anytime(2009-11-29 16:49:41) Ezekiel: (We have an empty space too. Charl can’t roll very well.)(2009-11-29 16:49:44) Robert: ((Just tell me when you are done earl, and I’ll post my narration.(2009-11-29 16:49:46) earl_robinson: i say .. lets make a run fo rthe woods over there(2009-11-29 16:49:52) earl_robinson: (done)16:50(2009-11-29 16:51:10) Narrator: (( robert is next(2009-11-29 16:52:26) ***Robert says: “Agreed!” and grabs his plank in one hand and Ezekiel by the collar in the other, then dashes out to the wood carrying both along.>(2009-11-29 16:52:29) Robert: As soon as he gets to the tree line he pushes Ezekiel to the ground behind a tree as he himself jumps in behind another one, carefully peaking back towards the truck to the others.>(2009-11-29 16:52:32) Robert: “Sorry about that.” He says to Ezekiel while watching the others make their moves. “I hope I didn’t hurt you too much.”(2009-11-29 16:52:35) Robert: ((Done.(2009-11-29 16:53:01) ***Ezekiel mutters “Heathens”.(2009-11-29 16:53:16) Narrator: (( good but needs more strong next time(2009-11-29 16:53:28) Narrator: (( barry(2009-11-29 16:53:41) Robert: ((carrying a two by four in one hand and and a person in the other isn’t “strong”?(2009-11-29 16:53:42) Igor: repeat reminder (next at 17:13:42): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!(2009-11-29 16:54:14) Narrator: (( out of the goodness of my heart I will ignore that horde event trigger(2009-11-29 16:54:26) ***BarryManilow jumps out of the cab, in his flared shirt and bell bottom pants, follows the others quickly, smashing his crowbar at any zombies coming near(2009-11-29 16:54:45) Ezekiel: (Thank you. Plus we haven’t made our sanctuary rolls yet.)16:55(2009-11-29 16:55:09) BarryManilow: “This is for Mandy!” *caves a zombie’s head in(2009-11-29 16:55:17) BarryManilow: (end)(2009-11-29 16:55:23) Arle: (@ Barry: lmao)(2009-11-29 16:55:23) earl_robinson: *rolls 7d6(2009-11-29 16:55:29) Narrator: (( anytime you are safe – you can roll for sanctuary(2009-11-29 16:55:48) Narrator: (( Nickolas you are up(2009-11-29 16:55:51) earl_robinson: (are we safe )(2009-11-29 16:56:07) Narrator: (( not right now you are still escaping the last horde(2009-11-29 16:56:15) Ezekiel: (‘xactly)(2009-11-29 16:57:08) ***Nicholas sings, rather poorly, “One for the pain, two for my name, three for my wonderful kin… ah, bugger this”, as he breaks zombie skull after zombie skull on his way to the tree line… but even going as far as de-routing when a zombie seems to easy to put down along the way.(2009-11-29 16:57:28) BarryManilow: ((wow! coolness!(2009-11-29 16:57:34) Robert: (Hey, I should be a celebrity too)(2009-11-29 16:57:59) BarryManilow: ((fyi, i am just a Barry Manilow impersonator(2009-11-29 16:58:03) Ezekiel: (I don’t like where this is headed.)(2009-11-29 16:58:10) Ezekiel: (Particularly with the Dilbert references.)(2009-11-29 16:58:20) Robert: (Heh.)(2009-11-29 16:58:23) BarryManilow: ((lolz!(2009-11-29 16:58:33) Narrator: (( now you are safe. you can roll for sanctuary. 4d6 each need 6 successes to find sanctuary(2009-11-29 16:58:34) Nicholas: ((Agony is my Name is a song I sing whenever I’m playing sniper, also. :P(2009-11-29 16:58:38) Robert: (I probably started it though. I didn’t mean for William Smith to be Will Smith though.)(2009-11-29 16:58:47) Ezekiel: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:58:48) LadyLuck: Ezekiel: 11 (3, 4, 1, 3) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:58:52) Robert: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:58:52) earl_robinson: *rol 4d6(2009-11-29 16:58:53) LadyLuck: Robert: 6 (2, 1, 1, 2) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:58:55) Narrator: not you Ezekiel(2009-11-29 16:59:00) Robert: ((Oh for!(2009-11-29 16:59:05) BarryManilow: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 16:59:07) LadyLuck: BarryManilow: 16 (2, 6, 6, 2) [4d6](2009-11-29 16:59:08) Ezekiel: (Ok, not these either.)(2009-11-29 16:59:08) Robert: ((Why does the RNG hate me?(2009-11-29 16:59:11) Nicholas: ((Though a SD game during the Oscar ceremony could be cool.(2009-11-29 16:59:14) BarryManilow: (( yeeeeeeessssssss!(2009-11-29 16:59:35) Ezekiel: (@Robert You can have the helpless survivor next time. Minimal exposure to the RNG.)(2009-11-29 16:59:38) Narrator: (( 4 more sixes needed17:00(2009-11-29 17:00:03) Nicholas: *roll 4d6(2009-11-29 17:00:04) Robert: ((I think that would be for the best. I always have really bad luck with LadyLuck.(2009-11-29 17:00:08) LadyLuck: Nicholas: 22 (6, 6, 4, 6) [4d6](2009-11-29 17:00:17) Narrator: (( oh 1 six short!(2009-11-29 17:00:23) Arle: (Actually remember that, Charl.)(2009-11-29 17:00:32) Arle: (I actually*)(2009-11-29 17:00:49) Narrator: (( but as I have to go soon I will give you an additional 6 and we can do a diary entry and call the game(2009-11-29 17:00:56) Narrator: (( SANCTUARY!(2009-11-29 17:00:57) Robert: (Yeah. Every fracking game! She hates me. =((2009-11-29 17:01:04) BarryManilow: yay!(2009-11-29 17:01:13) Ezekiel: (On the other hand, if Arle joins, helpless fits her real life personality like a glove. :P)(2009-11-29 17:01:29) earl_robinson: (can i do my diary later ? )(2009-11-29 17:02:04) Nicholas: (ba da ching)(2009-11-29 17:02:18) Narrator: yes(2009-11-29 17:02:30) Narrator: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeqX4XALZHH2ZGd6eG5xOW5fMzczZ2d4M3JjNWI&hl=en is the document(2009-11-29 17:02:40) BarryManilow: ((good game, Narrator !(2009-11-29 17:02:42) Robert: In character I assume?(2009-11-29 17:02:51) earl_robinson: yes thank you !(2009-11-29 17:02:56) Robert: yeah.(2009-11-29 17:02:57) Robert: It was fun.(2009-11-29 17:03:08) earl_robinson: i will enter it by 2 am monday(2009-11-29 17:03:14) Narrator: what you need to do is make a diary entry – a diary, log, lketter to you mom/ dad/ wife/ child/ lover/etc.(2009-11-29 17:03:25) ***Arle kicks Knights.(2009-11-29 17:03:37) BarryManilow is now known as fudgebob(2009-11-29 17:03:39) Ezekiel: (When they have armor, or not?)(2009-11-29 17:03:41) Arle: I’m dangerous, ass. Don’t ye forget it.(2009-11-29 17:03:45) Ezekiel is now known as Knaight(2009-11-29 17:03:49) Arle: Kniaght*(2009-11-29 17:03:50) Narrator: in that entry you can make 1 true statement and that statement will grant a +1 bonus in a specific situation(2009-11-29 17:03:53) Arle: ye know what.(2009-11-29 17:03:58) Arle: I’m not fixin’ that typo.(2009-11-29 17:04:02) Arle: That’s yer punishment.(2009-11-29 17:04:12) Nicholas is now known as KRZV(2009-11-29 17:04:29) fudgebob: Shotgun Diaries never fails to satisfy :)(2009-11-29 17:04:30) earl_robinson: is there any way to get a log pof th ewhole(2009-11-29 17:04:38) earl_robinson: game(2009-11-29 17:04:41) Knaight: That is largely because Shotgun Diaries is awesome.(2009-11-29 17:04:44) Narrator: for example “I was always the best at finding tools” grants +1 anytime you are looking for tools

 

The second pick up group of shotgun diaries was played! Great game
The characters
Crandal (techno)
Sneaky
Fear 1
Diary: Well, I was sleeping rather soundly in the back of a convertable mustang when I noticed that there were about 5 zombies looking over the front seats at me. So I start hauling ass down the road when some crazy chick decides to use a zombie arm as a candle wick, with a car gastank as the candle. At least the zombies aren’t about to eat my heels now. Seems I’ve picked up some baggage though, the people in the humvee who saved me and some random guy I just saved from a zombie with a piece of glass.
PS, _Zombies make really good wicks_
Diary: part 2, well, after eating something in a theater, we hear this horendus howeling from outside. A BRUTE of a zombie, who could actually still talk was outside, and decided to send a swarm at us. The new guy managed to block the doors to the outside, but the brute busted through anyway. At least until Mr. Driver pushed the thing into a jewelry store with the cruise of one of the display cars
After that we started making ‘camp’ in a sporting goods store where I took the oppurtunity to make myself a little flamethrower. _On a side note, I seem rather adept at making headshots on these zombies through obsticles._ +1 to hit through visiual obsticles
Erika (Arle)
Dangerous
Fear 1
‘So, I was having some pictures taken for the fitness magazine when the day was ruined by a bad movie plot. Now there’s zombies all around and I have no idea if they’re the Infectious type or the undead type. Either way, this sucks. I tried to get my agent’s M4, but I grabbed his antique Mauser by mistake and then I lost it after it ran out of ammo. The ammo thing surprised me more, really. I’m usually rather meticulous about whatresources I have and how to use them effectively.’
‘So I split off from the group that insisted on hauling the worthless bitch around when all she did was cause trouble. I met up with some guy in a garage. He seems decent enough, but I also found a pretty sturdy pipe which was immensely useful. I’m glad that I’m as strong as I am. No way could I have punctured into a fuel intake with a pipe otherwise. _I don’t think there’s anyone else in this city able to pull off insane feats of strength like me._’
Well, I’m sure I’d make Top Hanks and Dimagio proud with my baseball skills. I was cracking skulls into skulls and rivets into buckshot. I am concerned, however. There seem to be greater zombies that are both sentient and intelligent. After seeing that, I find myself much ill at ease compared to before. I’m strong, yes, but I wonder if even I could’ve gone toe to toe with that thing. I hope we manage to find an escape somehow. Still, _I must be strong for the sake of the others. I’m not alone in this, we need to keep morale up._’
‘If I ever find out what dead-beat decided to say that large, muscular people are stupid, I will find their ancestors and beat them with oranges. I am also VERY glad that the MythBusters taught me the formula and potency of Thermite, elsewise I probably would not be writing this. Thanks to thermite and a timely placement of an Oxycan set by Crandal, I was able to sent the Frozen hell Queen to a hotter version of hell and get away from her horde. _I am definitely going to be on the lookout for more Pyrotechnics materials in the future._’
Kaeden_Everett (jeff)
Clever
Fear 1
Dear Mom,
This vacation sucks. I hope there aren’t any zombies near you. Have you been feeding my fish?
I’ve met with a couple other survivors. We’re holed up in a safeway. I’ll try to make it home by the end of the week.
P.S. Apparently _I have a lot of luck finding vehicles with lots of gasoline in the tank_. Thank god! We would have bean toast if the pickup or Hum-Vee had been dry.
Dear Mom,
Do you remember the last time I pissed myself? Well I have to update that; it was about 20 minutes ago when I jumped out of a moving vehicle driving full-speed at a zombie’s face. That guy was ugly!
Still feeding my fish? I hope so.
Best wishes! Tell Uncle Farnsworth I’m still alive – he owes me a beer.
P.S. Remember when I played hardball? I wonder if I’ve still got that home-run hit. _+1 to break machines with a club_
Riley (hop)
Strong
Fear 1
LOG: ok so as if yesterday didnt suck enough, i now have a nasty brown spot on my face from the hulking zonbie that, despite beinga  lumbering dickface,  managed to grab me and nearly succeded in its goals had it not been for this random coke bottle ninja.  Where did these things come from?  _who cares at least I can take my bumps in these battles._
so turns out this coke bottle ninja is also the living incarnationof indiana jones.  kewl dude tho.  our driver is a BALLSY freak but that has come in handy and i have macguyver for a partner as well.  but at least we landed in a sporting goods store.  should be plenty to use here.  I should put all those archery and shooting classes to use. On second thought maybe ill just bash some skulls with a Bat.  sounds kewl. _my years in Baseball should make it easy to find the right tools for the job_
And here is the log:
[2009/11/02 20:50:36] <Narrator> igor! start the log!
[2009/11/02 20:50:41] <Arle> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 20:50:42] <LadyLuck> Arle: 12 (3, 4, 4, 1) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 20:50:47] <Arle> Bah.
[2009/11/02 20:51:00] <jeffszusz> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 20:51:01] <LadyLuck> jeffszusz: 16 (6, 4, 4, 2) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 20:51:05] <Narrator> you need 3 Keaden
[2009/11/02 20:51:24] <Narrator> okay 1 supply, zero zombie clock
[2009/11/02 20:51:38] <jeffszusz> i need 3 what?
[2009/11/02 20:52:06] <Narrator> edit that out I was using the sanctuary rules
[2009/11/02 20:52:31] <Narrator> carp… 5 minutes please need to parent.
[2009/11/02 20:53:06] @ Arle is now known as Erika
[2009/11/02 20:53:38] <jeffszusz> i asked if anyone from #s-run on another network is interested
[2009/11/02 20:54:43] <jeffszusz> got a guy willing to join in about 35 mins
[2009/11/02 20:54:51] <jeffszusz> when he gets home from work
[2009/11/02 20:55:04] <Narrator> kk we’ll start and he can join in after
[2009/11/02 20:55:16] <jeffszusz> that’s what i told him
[2009/11/02 20:55:18] <Narrator> I’ll have to pop out again in about 5 minutes
[2009/11/02 20:55:33] <Narrator> okay let’s start
[2009/11/02 20:56:41] <Erika> (Jeff, nick)
[2009/11/02 20:56:58] <Narrator> you are inside the garage in a residential street. the overhead door is dented and now there are gaping holes in it that the zombies are reaching through.
[2009/11/02 20:57:14] @ jeffszusz is now known as Kaeden_Everett
[2009/11/02 20:57:16] <Kaeden_Everett> sorry
[2009/11/02 20:57:35] <Narrator> Erika finishes the last of the beef jerky and stares at the door
[2009/11/02 20:57:41] <Erika> (Er, Pops, is this a sub-arc, or pickin’ up after we left off?)
[2009/11/02 20:57:45] <Kaeden_Everett> (how much freedom do i haev to declare what i can grab and use as a weapon?)
[2009/11/02 20:58:02] <Narrator> the mass of rotting flesh pushes against the door – clawing towards your flesh.
[2009/11/02 20:58:52] <Narrator> (you have nearly limitless narrative control but you need a success to take it. I also allow you to narrate saving the other players the more successes the more lenient I am in saving others.
[2009/11/02 20:59:29] <Narrator> (lets say it is picking up but you split from the original group. you are about 3 blocks from the hospital
[2009/11/02 20:59:35] <Kaeden_Everett> (do i roll first or narrate first?)
[2009/11/02 21:00:00] <Narrator> (give a basic idea of what you are trying – roll then fill in the success or I fill in the fail
[2009/11/02 21:01:12] <Narrator> with a sickening tear one of the zombies rips part of the garage door, cutting off her own arm above the elbow in the process
[2009/11/02 21:01:16] <Kaeden_Everett> is there a vehicle in here?
[2009/11/02 21:01:34] <Narrator> (might be… roll and narrate ;)
[2009/11/02 21:01:49] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 21:01:50] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 17 (1, 6, 6, 4) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 21:01:55] <Narrator> (or wait and I’ll fill in the details myself :)
[2009/11/02 21:02:02] <Narrator> (non fear success
[2009/11/02 21:02:16] <Kaeden_Everett> (which die is fear?)
[2009/11/02 21:02:18] * Erika charges through the husks to reach for the pipe she just noticed by the door.
[2009/11/02 21:02:23] <Erika> (The first one)
[2009/11/02 21:02:52] <Narrator> (forgot I never sent you the txt… dice are fear first, regular and bonus. you should also roll 5 as there are 2 of you
[2009/11/02 21:03:11] <Kaeden_Everett> (can i roll my fifth in case i get another success?)
[2009/11/02 21:03:24] <Erika> (No need, I think)
[2009/11/02 21:03:27] <Narrator> (you can but yo already have the narration
[2009/11/02 21:03:58] <Kaeden_Everett> I get the ford f150 started and shout, “Now that’s what i’m TALKING about!”
[2009/11/02 21:04:31] <Narrator> The mob starts to reach through the new hole in the garage door. howling louder they sense a new meal is near
[2009/11/02 21:04:34] <Erika> *roll5d6
[2009/11/02 21:04:37] <Erika> *roll 5d6
[2009/11/02 21:04:38] <LadyLuck> Erika: 17 (2, 6, 4, 2, 3) [5d6]
[2009/11/02 21:04:49] <Narrator> (non fear success
[2009/11/02 21:05:26] <Narrator> (remember to try work your type into the narration
[2009/11/02 21:05:33] <Kaeden_Everett> “You riding up front or playing tee-ball from the back?”
[2009/11/02 21:05:35] * Kaeden_Everett guns the engine
[2009/11/02 21:05:51] * Erika pulls off her stunt just as planned, pummeling the wretches into pulp as she reaches the pipe and proceeds to lay into them pretty heavily as she dives into the passenger side of the vehicle.
[2009/11/02 21:05:58] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6c6
[2009/11/02 21:05:59] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 0 (4, 4, 5, 1, 3) [5d6, c6]
[2009/11/02 21:06:09] <Kaeden_Everett> ouch, no garage door opener
[2009/11/02 21:06:23] <Erika> (Ye don’t narrate on a non-6.)
[2009/11/02 21:06:38] <Kaeden_Everett> sorry – then i was rolling tos ee if there was one
[2009/11/02 21:07:32] <Narrator> The side door and the tool chest blocking it slam into the side of the truck as the mob caves in the doors. The chest breaks the drivers side window and put a large dent in the door.
[2009/11/02 21:08:00] <Narrator> The windshield has a nasty crack in it but you manage to back out of the garage through the door and the zombies.
[2009/11/02 21:08:21] <Erika> “Nice one, book-smarts.”
[2009/11/02 21:08:23] <Narrator> unfortunately several zombies arein the box of the pickup
[2009/11/02 21:08:35] <Narrator> clawing at the back windows
[2009/11/02 21:08:38] <Kaeden_Everett> Uh oh. I try some Evasive maneuvers?
[2009/11/02 21:08:42] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6
[2009/11/02 21:08:43] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 14 (1, 2, 3, 6, 2) [5d6]
[2009/11/02 21:08:50] <Narrator> (non fear success
[2009/11/02 21:09:26] <Kaeden_Everett> driving backward REALLY fast, i hit the breaks and the zombies go flying out the back of the truck bed.
[2009/11/02 21:10:05] <Narrator> (remember you can narrate more than the one action – down the back alley and into the main street etc.
[2009/11/02 21:10:28] <Narrator> (I’m going to have to go tuck the tyke in soon. as such I will ignore first Zombie clock
[2009/11/02 21:11:13] <Narrator> The zombies spatter on the street throwing gore over the sidewalk and destroying a nice picket fence
[2009/11/02 21:11:19] <Kaeden_Everett> okay, I drive down the side-street with plans to get out of the city; I head in the direction of the nearest small highway
[2009/11/02 21:12:03] <Kaeden_Everett> “I’ve only been in (city name) for a week. Any ideas where we should go?”
[2009/11/02 21:12:43] <Narrator> The truck flies down the side street toward the denny’s and the hospital. only a few zombies are stumbling on te street and on the lawns nearby.
[2009/11/02 21:12:49] <Erika> “Not a clue, I’m only here on a photo shoot.”
[2009/11/02 21:12:58] <Narrator> You can faintly hear the barking of a roitweiller
[2009/11/02 21:13:29] * Erika holds the pipe tightly, the body-builder twitches at the sound of the dog.
[2009/11/02 21:14:18] <Narrator> Zombies are starting to shuffle into the street behind you! Ahead is the hospital parking lot…. left toward denny’s right toward the car lot?
[2009/11/02 21:14:20] <Erika> “Ugh, that worthless idiot…”
[2009/11/02 21:14:32] <Narrator> (but she was right?
[2009/11/02 21:15:23] <Narrator> The sun is reflecting off the hood of the truck and it is hard to see with the cracks in the windshield…
[2009/11/02 21:15:27] <Erika> “I just came from the Hospital not long ago, don’t go there.”
[2009/11/02 21:15:28] <Narrator> (biab
[2009/11/02 21:15:48] <Kaeden_Everett> “Should we risk getting a new car?”
[2009/11/02 21:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 21:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 21:16:24] <Erika> “Screw that.”
[2009/11/02 21:16:45] * Erika takes her pipe and smashes the rest of the windshield.
[2009/11/02 21:17:01] <Kaeden_Everett> Good plan. (do I have my iphone with GPS on me?)
[2009/11/02 21:17:05] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6
[2009/11/02 21:17:06] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 17 (3, 2, 6, 2, 4) [5d6]
[2009/11/02 21:18:02] <Kaeden_Everett> I whip out my iphone and check the Maps app for the highway. It’s to the left, past the Denny’s by several blocks.
[2009/11/02 21:18:24] <Kaeden_Everett> We head that way, zombies trailing behind us, going as fast as we can with no windshield
[2009/11/02 21:18:36] <Kaeden_Everett> (how much can i even narrate?)
[2009/11/02 21:21:26] <Narrator> (kids can’t live with them – arrested if you put them in a cage ;)
[2009/11/02 21:21:37] <Narrator> (how much – a lot. it is your story
[2009/11/02 21:21:50] <Kaeden_Everett> i mean per roll
[2009/11/02 21:22:03] <Narrator> (so did I
[2009/11/02 21:22:07] <Kaeden_Everett> hm ok
[2009/11/02 21:22:30] <Narrator> (every 10 minites – 20 in our case is supposed to be a full day
[2009/11/02 21:22:40] <Kaeden_Everett> oh, damn. okay then
[2009/11/02 21:23:17] <Kaeden_Everett> we travel down the highway, nudging cars out of the way when we have to, running over zombies and hitting them with our doors etc.
[2009/11/02 21:23:24] @ techno65535 joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/02 21:23:31] <Kaeden_Everett> (there he is!)
[2009/11/02 21:24:05] <techno65535> ((what ones are free?))
[2009/11/02 21:24:23] <Narrator> (hi techno65535 I need a character name and a survivor type to start. strong, fast, sneaky, helpless
[2009/11/02 21:25:00] @ techno65535 is now known as Crandal
[2009/11/02 21:25:05] * Crandal sneaks
[2009/11/02 21:25:52] <Kaeden_Everett> Erika and I are going as fast as we can down a smaller highway with no windshield in our pickup, nudging any stopped vehicles and running over any zombies
[2009/11/02 21:25:56] <Kaeden_Everett> just so you know
[2009/11/02 21:26:02] <Narrator> as you get farther from down town the highway gets more and more congested you have to go slower to find paths through the abandoned cars and multicar wrecks
[2009/11/02 21:26:36] <Narrator> ( Crandal feel free to roll and narrate yourself in anytime if you don’t want to wait for me ;)
[2009/11/02 21:26:37] <Crandal> ((you’re in a pickup……go off-road ;) ))
[2009/11/02 21:27:22] <Kaeden_Everett> (damn. Farm country, are we in?)
[2009/11/02 21:28:00] <Kaeden_Everett> (or still city?)
[2009/11/02 21:28:16] <Narrator> still city
[2009/11/02 21:29:00] <Kaeden_Everett> in that case i keep my eyes open for a vehicle that might have an easier time of navigating the abandoned traffic.
[2009/11/02 21:29:04] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6
[2009/11/02 21:29:05] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 19 (2, 2, 6, 6, 3) [5d6]
[2009/11/02 21:29:14] <Narrator> (non fear success
[2009/11/02 21:29:47] <Crandal> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 21:29:48] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 14 (1, 3, 5, 5) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 21:29:50] <Kaeden_Everett> I spot a black hum-vee with a plow on the front. the side is painted with a number 3
[2009/11/02 21:30:09] <Crandal> ((you saw zombie land recently didn’t you?))
[2009/11/02 21:30:20] <Kaeden_Everett> ((just wanted to test and see who else had!))
[2009/11/02 21:30:33] * Crandal continues to nap in the back of an abandoned Humvee.
[2009/11/02 21:30:52] <Narrator> (oh no Crandal you don’t get to narrate failures :)
[2009/11/02 21:30:59] <Kaeden_Everett> To Erika: “Check it out: a cow-catcher on a hummer”
[2009/11/02 21:31:04] <Narrator> You start up the humvee and as you head toward a massive interchange there is a massive pileup of cars. the main road it completely blocked. a mass of undead climb and crawl over the vehicles searching for a meal…
[2009/11/02 21:31:11] <Narrator> it looks like they have found one.
[2009/11/02 21:31:11] <Crandal> ((just trying to get into it, didn’t say he was hidden very well))
[2009/11/02 21:31:29] <Erika> “I don’t think Cows is what it’s caught.”
[2009/11/02 21:31:35] <Narrator> a lone male is running along the merridian with a large group close at his heals
[2009/11/02 21:31:52] <Narrator> the zombies are only feet from dragging him down
[2009/11/02 21:32:02] <Erika> “See? Look, there’s a bull now.”
[2009/11/02 21:32:10] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6
[2009/11/02 21:32:11] <Narrator> (pump those legs Crandal
[2009/11/02 21:32:11] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 14 (4, 5, 3, 1, 1) [5d6]
[2009/11/02 21:32:16] <Kaeden_Everett> gah!
[2009/11/02 21:32:21] <Narrator> (he he
[2009/11/02 21:32:25] * Erika gets ready to save his bacon.
[2009/11/02 21:32:34] <Erika> *roll 5d6
[2009/11/02 21:32:35] <LadyLuck> Erika: 16 (3, 1, 6, 4, 2) [5d6]
[2009/11/02 21:32:44] <Crandal> “SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT! I knew I should have picked that other car to sleep in!”
[2009/11/02 21:33:02] <Narrator> (one success to save 3 people… this better be a GOOD story ;)
[2009/11/02 21:33:21] <Narrator> (remember erika you get a +1 for your pipe
[2009/11/02 21:33:58] <Kaeden_Everett> (how long do i have to wait before i can try rolling again?)
[2009/11/02 21:34:01] <Erika> *roll1d6
[2009/11/02 21:34:04] <Erika> *roll 1d6
[2009/11/02 21:34:05] <LadyLuck> Erika: 2 (2) [1d6]
[2009/11/02 21:34:08] <Erika> (lawl)
[2009/11/02 21:34:15] <Erika> (anwyay…)
[2009/11/02 21:34:26] <Narrator> (not 1 die +1 to each
[2009/11/02 21:34:31] <Kaeden_Everett> the +1 from the pipe actually makes it so you succeed on fives, not one extra dice
[2009/11/02 21:34:49] <Kaeden_Everett> (fiddly mechanic)
[2009/11/02 21:35:23] <Kaeden_Everett> i’m going to try to get her into a good position…
[2009/11/02 21:35:25] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6
[2009/11/02 21:35:26] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 21 (6, 2, 6, 3, 4) [5d6]
[2009/11/02 21:35:34] <Narrator> *roll 2d6+1
[2009/11/02 21:35:35] <LadyLuck> Narrator: 3 (1, 1) [2d6, +1]
[2009/11/02 21:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 21:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 21:35:55] <Narrator> wait Kaeden_Everett Erika still has to narrate saving you or I get your brains
[2009/11/02 21:36:10] <Narrator> (Erika – are you using your power?
[2009/11/02 21:36:38] * Erika leaps out of the vehicles, steel pipe firmly in her muscular hand as she plows into the hoard behind the poor sap. She spots a lighter on the ground in the middle of her insane charge. She picks it up, thrusts her pipe into the fuel-intake for a nearby car, breaks the arm off of a zombie, rams it into the hole and sets the arm alight as she picks up the guy takes one last mighty swing at the hoard before charging back to the vehicle.
[2009/11/02 21:36:40] <Kaeden_Everett> (oh she’s narrating to save me? this game is so strange. thought i failed trying to run the zombies over… and she was going to save Crandall…didn’t know i was in danger)
[2009/11/02 21:36:54] <Erika> “FIRE IN THE HOLE!”
[2009/11/02 21:37:18] <Narrator> (you fail – I get to tell the story… and I eat survivors ;)
[2009/11/02 21:37:38] <Erika> (Did I get cut off at all?)
[2009/11/02 21:37:45] <Narrator> (she has to save you both
[2009/11/02 21:37:45] <Crandal> ((nope))
[2009/11/02 21:38:02] <Narrator> (nice!…
[2009/11/02 21:38:21] <Narrator> OErika pulls both of your asses out of the fire but….
[2009/11/02 21:38:33] <Narrator> (erika power?
[2009/11/02 21:38:46] <Erika> (Yeah.)
[2009/11/02 21:38:55] <Kaeden_Everett> (what power?)
[2009/11/02 21:39:08] <Narrator> Erika hauls Crandal into the back of the humvee and you pour on the gas getting ahead of the remaining smoldering mob
[2009/11/02 21:39:17] <Erika> (Since I made it to a diary point, I gave myself an ability.)
[2009/11/02 21:39:18] <Narrator> (Supplies 1 – Zombie clock 1
[2009/11/02 21:39:39] <Crandal> ((diary point?))
[2009/11/02 21:39:43] <Kaeden_Everett> (ahh. what’s your ability?)
[2009/11/02 21:39:48] <Narrator> You are now safe but barrelling down the highway back towards downtown
[2009/11/02 21:40:07] <Erika> (I get +1 when usin’ any kind of limited resource like fuel or ammo and I can opt to not deplete the supply counter when it may otherwise be dropped by one)
[2009/11/02 21:40:39] <Erika> (So here, I still ahve the lighter and it still has fuel and our supplies didn’t drop.)
[2009/11/02 21:40:49] <Erika> (have*)
[2009/11/02 21:41:14] <Narrator> there is a distinct scent of fear in the cab as you swerve around vehicles
[2009/11/02 21:41:25] <Kaeden_Everett> ((and now that there are three of us, we roll 6d6 anytime we use our specialties, or 2d6 if there’s no way to narrate our specialties into the situation; for example your sneakiness)
[2009/11/02 21:41:36] <Narrator> (actually erika the lighter would not have cost you from suplies but Igor went off
[2009/11/02 21:41:54] <Narrator> there is 1 point in supply pool any of you can use it for an extra dice.
[2009/11/02 21:42:01] <Erika> (Pfft. )
[2009/11/02 21:42:03] <Crandal> “Note to self, pick something with a top to sleep in next time……I’m Crandal.”
[2009/11/02 21:42:07] <Narrator> (remember you roll 6 dice while there are 3 of you
[2009/11/02 21:42:15] * Kaeden_Everett shakes Crandal’s hand
[2009/11/02 21:42:23] * Kaeden_Everett puts his hand back on the wheel
[2009/11/02 21:42:30] <Erika> “Erika. Don’t let the muscles fool you, I’m not idiot.”
[2009/11/02 21:42:38] <Erika> no*
[2009/11/02 21:42:46] <Narrator> You hear a loud rumble from behind the humvee
[2009/11/02 21:42:48] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 6d6
[2009/11/02 21:42:50] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 21 (5, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3) [6d6]
[2009/11/02 21:42:59] <Kaeden_Everett> (oh shittles)
[2009/11/02 21:43:00] <Narrator> (he he
[2009/11/02 21:43:00] <Crandal> “I don’t think an idiot would have used a car and a zombie arm as a molotov cocktail.”
[2009/11/02 21:43:24] <Erika> “There’s a fine line between idiot and genius.”
[2009/11/02 21:43:33] <Crandal> “So I’ve heard.”
[2009/11/02 21:43:37] <Narrator> in the rear view mirror you see a… OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT! a 747 is crashing on the highway behind you
[2009/11/02 21:43:47] <Kaeden_Everett> Gah!
[2009/11/02 21:44:02] <Narrator> the cars and roadway is literally exploding from the force.
[2009/11/02 21:44:08] <Crandal> ((guessing the zombies just started taking over then if there’s still planes in the sky))
[2009/11/02 21:44:15] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 6d6 to evade
[2009/11/02 21:44:16] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 20 (3, 2, 3, 1, 5, 6) [6d6] –  to evade
[2009/11/02 21:44:21] <Erika> “Could’ve done without that!”
[2009/11/02 21:44:23] <Crandal> “Out of the frying pan and into the fire.”
[2009/11/02 21:44:31] <Narrator> (you already failed :) I’m not done
[2009/11/02 21:44:55] <Kaeden_Everett> (i’m so confused with this then)
[2009/11/02 21:45:01] <Narrator> You slam the gas down and try to keep ahead. you start slamming into vehichles and the plane is getting closer.
[2009/11/02 21:45:33] <Narrator> ( Kaeden_Everett you rolled up there  Kaeden_Everett: 21 (5, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3) [6d6] no sixes… I tell the story
[2009/11/02 21:46:18] <Narrator> you get off the highway and bouce off a delivery truck spinning out of control as the plane finally comes to a stop.
[2009/11/02 21:46:29] <Narrator> the himvee is in bad shape but should still run.
[2009/11/02 21:46:33] <Kaeden_Everett> (and something changed… so i tried reacting. that’s where i’m confused. i can’t react?)
[2009/11/02 21:46:36] <Narrator> You are in the parking lot of a strip mall
[2009/11/02 21:47:02] <Crandal> ((and the plane’s likely full of zombies, otherwise it wouldn’t have crashed))
[2009/11/02 21:47:03] <Narrator> (the thing that changed was in response to you failing the roll
[2009/11/02 21:47:48] @ HopSing joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/02 21:47:57] <Crandal> ((there he is))
[2009/11/02 21:47:58] <Narrator> (this is a nasty nasty game. generally if you fail you die
[2009/11/02 21:48:02] <Kaeden_Everett> (hmm ok. Im not sure what to do in this parking lot.))
[2009/11/02 21:48:34] <Narrator> (anything you want now… I’ll try use > when I am not done with narration so you know I am still typing
[2009/11/02 21:48:41] <Narrator> Hi HopSing
[2009/11/02 21:49:12] <HopSing> hello
[2009/11/02 21:49:41] <Kaeden_Everett> (i’m going to think about this on my way to the fridge to get a pickle.)
[2009/11/02 21:49:42] <Narrator> there is a few zombies in the parking lot shambling toward the plane wreckage
[2009/11/02 21:50:30] <Narrator> ( HopSing feel free to join in. all you need is a name and a survivor type (fast strong or helpless)
[2009/11/02 21:50:46] <Crandal> “I may not know much about picking cars, but I’m pretty sure we don’t want to stay here.”
[2009/11/02 21:51:04] <Erika> “I don’t disagree.”
[2009/11/02 21:51:34] <Narrator> three zombies in safeway smocks start to stumble toward the humvee
[2009/11/02 21:51:41] <Crandal> “Then why are we not moving?”
[2009/11/02 21:51:49] <Crandal> ((safeway smocks?))
[2009/11/02 21:51:55] <Kaeden_Everett> “Okay. Defense or maneuverability? There are some motorcycles over there, or we can keep this thing. but we need gas.”
[2009/11/02 21:52:03] <Erika> (Safeway is a retail chain, I believe)
[2009/11/02 21:52:04] <Narrator> (remember you can roll and narrate any time. I’ll just keep throwing things at you
[2009/11/02 21:52:17] <Narrator> (safeway is a grocery chain
[2009/11/02 21:52:26] <Erika> (Grocery, retail, whatever.)
[2009/11/02 21:52:36] <Narrator> (you are relatively safe you can also try find sanctuary
[2009/11/02 21:52:49] <Kaeden_Everett> Yes let’s try to find sanctuary
[2009/11/02 21:52:50] <Narrator> (sorry I was typing while you posted
[2009/11/02 21:52:55] <Erika> “I think we should deal with these. We’re near a grocery place, we’re going to need food.”
[2009/11/02 21:53:03] <Narrator> (each roll 4d6, need 4 6’s
[2009/11/02 21:53:17] <Crandal> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 21:53:18] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 16 (6, 3, 3, 4) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 21:53:19] <Erika> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 21:53:20] <LadyLuck> Erika: 9 (2, 1, 2, 4) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 21:53:26] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 21:53:27] @ HopSing is now known as Riley
[2009/11/02 21:53:27] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 9 (4, 3, 1, 1) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 21:53:34] <Kaeden_Everett> damn
[2009/11/02 21:53:35] <Crandal> ((…crap))
[2009/11/02 21:54:36] <Kaeden_Everett> (what fresh hell shall be visited upon us next? Stay tuned!)
[2009/11/02 21:54:51] <Narrator> sanctuary is just a roll to get more supplies no narration required
[2009/11/02 21:55:04] <Narrator> you do not find sanctuary.
[2009/11/02 21:55:43] <Narrator> (for those new to the game a 1 page summary http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2145650/shotgun_diaries_basic.txt
[2009/11/02 21:55:45] <Crandal> “Well, if we’re gonna try and get food, I’d suggest we do it before those zombies get too close.”
[2009/11/02 21:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 21:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step!
[2009/11/02 21:56:14] <Kaeden_Everett> “yeah, i’ll try to get us close to the safeway’s front door without being lunch.”
[2009/11/02 21:56:19] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 6d6
[2009/11/02 21:56:20] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 20 (4, 1, 4, 4, 2, 5) [6d6]
[2009/11/02 21:56:23] <Kaeden_Everett> GAH!
[2009/11/02 21:56:34] <Crandal> *roll 6d6
[2009/11/02 21:56:35] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 21 (4, 5, 1, 4, 1, 6) [6d6]
[2009/11/02 21:56:36] <Narrator> one sec – we’ll forget that roll
[2009/11/02 21:56:40] <Narrator> and that one
[2009/11/02 21:56:44] <Crandal> ((ok))
[2009/11/02 21:56:51] <Kaeden_Everett> okay, what’s up?
[2009/11/02 21:56:57] <Narrator> this is  not quite “by the book” but we will pause here and write a diary entry
[2009/11/02 21:57:18] <Narrator> we will pull riley into the group so he can participate too
[2009/11/02 21:57:32] <Narrator> so Riley *roll 4d6 please
[2009/11/02 21:57:42] <Riley> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 21:57:43] <LadyLuck> Riley: 16 (4, 5, 3, 4) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 21:57:51] <Narrator> no successes.
[2009/11/02 21:58:44] <Narrator> You find a safe nook to park the humvee near the safeway but as you turn off the engine a lone male crashes through a window from the movie theatre
[2009/11/02 21:58:57] <Kaeden_Everett> damn!
[2009/11/02 21:59:03] <Erika> “Hold on.”
[2009/11/02 21:59:09] <Narrator> He falls and a zombie grabs his leg dragging him back
[2009/11/02 21:59:22] <Erika> “He’s human.”
[2009/11/02 21:59:25] <Narrator> now you can roll to save him
[2009/11/02 21:59:32] <Narrator> (6d6
[2009/11/02 22:00:04] <Crandal> *roll 6d6
[2009/11/02 22:00:05] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 17 (1, 6, 1, 5, 3, 1) [6d6]
[2009/11/02 22:00:28] <Narrator> non fear success – crandal narrate the save working sneaking into it
[2009/11/02 22:01:14] * Crandal slides out of the humvee and slinks around behind the zombie while picking up a piece of glass and leaps onto the zombie’s back while driving the glass up and into the skull by way of the jaw. He then lets the now re-dead corpse drop.
[2009/11/02 22:01:55] <Narrator> okay now a diary entry. write down a diary entry. as long or short as you like.
[2009/11/02 22:02:15] <Erika> (Might want to post mine as an example)
[2009/11/02 22:02:17] <Narrator> letter to your bf/gf or your mom. grafitti on a wall.
[2009/11/02 22:02:38] <Narrator> and in the entry you get to say ONE true thing. this will give someone a +1 in one situation
[2009/11/02 22:02:50] <Kaeden_Everett> does it have to be us or someone else?
[2009/11/02 22:02:53] <Kaeden_Everett> who gets the +1
[2009/11/02 22:03:00] <Narrator> This is erikas from yesterday
[2009/11/02 22:03:01] <Narrator> ‘So, I was having some pictures taken for the fitness magazine when the day was ruined by a bad movie plot. Now there’s zombies all around and I have no idea if they’re the Infectious type or the undead type. Either way, this sucks. I tried to get my agent’s M4, but I grabbed his antique Mauser by mistake and then I lost it after it ran out of ammo. The ammo thing surprised me more, really. I’m usually rather meticulous abou
[2009/11/02 22:03:16] <Narrator> depends on what is true
[2009/11/02 22:03:26] <Erika> Cut off.
[2009/11/02 22:03:32] <Erika> ()*
[2009/11/02 22:03:49] <Narrator>  the undead type. Either way, this sucks. I tried to get my agent’s M4, but I grabbed his antique Mauser by mistake and then I lost it after it ran out of ammo. The ammo thing surprised me more, really. _I’m usually rather meticulous aboutwhatresources I have and how to use them effectively._’
[2009/11/02 22:04:18] <Erika> (Ye can’t tell because his client is ass, but there are underscores around the trait at the end.)
[2009/11/02 22:04:48] <Narrator> if you say zombies burn well then everyone using fire gets +1. if you say I can pip the ace at 400 yards you get +1 with long ranged items
[2009/11/02 22:04:56] <Crandal> Diary: Well, I was sleeping rather soundly in the back of a convertable mustang when I noticed that there were about 5 zombies looking over the front seats at me. So I start hauling ass down the road when some crazy chick decides to use a zombie arm as a candle wick, with a car gastank as the candle. At least the zombies aren’t about to eat my heels now. Seems I’ve picked up some baggage though,
[2009/11/02 22:04:56] <Crandal> the people in the humvee who saved me and some random guy I just saved from a zombie with a piece of glass.
[2009/11/02 22:05:00] <Erika> (Anyway, gonna write my new entry.)
[2009/11/02 22:05:42] <Crandal> PS, Zombies make really good wicks
[2009/11/02 22:05:55] <Crandal> ((aka they burn))
[2009/11/02 22:06:23] <Narrator> so zombie make rally good wicks is your TRUE statement?
[2009/11/02 22:06:36] <Crandal> ((round about way of saying they burn))
[2009/11/02 22:07:34] <Narrator> okay I will allow +1 BUT you can’t use the +1 unless you already have some way to light them up you can’t find the source and burn them in the same roll
[2009/11/02 22:07:38] <Narrator> anyone can use it
[2009/11/02 22:08:46] <Narrator> and remember the clock is ticking
[2009/11/02 22:09:26] <Erika> ‘So I split off from the group that insisted on hauling to worthless bitch around when all she did was cause trouble. I met up with some guy in a garage. He seems decent enough, but I also found a pretty sturdy pipe which was immensely useful. I’m glad that I’m as strong as I am. No way could I have punctured into a fuel intake with a pipe otherwise. _I don’t think there’s anyone else in this city able to pull off insane feats of strength like me._’
[2009/11/02 22:09:48] <Erika> the worthless*
[2009/11/02 22:10:31] <Erika> (So, +1 to creative uses of force)
[2009/11/02 22:11:04] <Narrator> but you still need a weapon to trigger it
[2009/11/02 22:11:06] <Crandal> ((for anyone?))
[2009/11/02 22:11:12] <Narrator> no just for her
[2009/11/02 22:11:16] <Erika> (I know.)
[2009/11/02 22:11:30] <Narrator> kk it’s a go
[2009/11/02 22:11:38] <Narrator> Kaeden_Everett? Riley?
[2009/11/02 22:12:02] <Riley> ((DIARY?))
[2009/11/02 22:12:11] <Narrator> yep
[2009/11/02 22:12:12] <Riley> ((sorry 4 caps))
[2009/11/02 22:12:44] <Erika> (There’s been multiple examples posted. Just write about what happened up to gettin’ knocked out of the movie theater.)
[2009/11/02 22:12:48] <Kaeden_Everett> (can my 1 true thing be that i found a tool ?)
[2009/11/02 22:13:13] <Erika> (That’s rather a waste.)
[2009/11/02 22:13:37] <Narrator> (it would be better if you said I always seem to find a tool
[2009/11/02 22:14:09] <Narrator> then you get +1 anytime you are looking for one and can find them as you need tehm
[2009/11/02 22:14:53] <Kaeden_Everett> Dear Mom,
[2009/11/02 22:14:53] <Kaeden_Everett> This vacation sucks. I hope there aren’t any zombies near you. Have you been feeding my fish?
[2009/11/02 22:14:54] <Kaeden_Everett> I’ve met with a couple other survivors. We’re holed up in a safeway. I’ll try to make it home by the end of the week.
[2009/11/02 22:14:54] <Kaeden_Everett> P.S. Apparently I have a lot of luck finding vehicles with lots of gasoline in the tank. Thank god! We would have bean toast if the pickup or Hum-Vee had been dry.
[2009/11/02 22:15:07] <Kaeden_Everett> +1 anytime i’m looking for a vehicle with a full tank
[2009/11/02 22:15:23] <Narrator> perfect
[2009/11/02 22:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 22:16:21] <Narrator> you might want to start thinking of a really good plan because that means that the horde is coming ;)
[2009/11/02 22:16:33] <Narrator> (erika power?
[2009/11/02 22:16:45] <Erika> (Yeah.)
[2009/11/02 22:16:46] <Kaeden_Everett> (my brain hurts from the late hour)
[2009/11/02 22:17:10] <Narrator> (it gets better as you get comfortable and we start flowing better.
[2009/11/02 22:17:18] <Kaeden_Everett> (is Kaeden dead if i leave for the night?)
[2009/11/02 22:17:25] <Erika> (Nah.)
[2009/11/02 22:17:31] <Narrator> supply pool 1 zombie clock 2
[2009/11/02 22:17:44] <Crandal> ((well carp…))
[2009/11/02 22:18:05] <Erika> (My power can delay that, but not indefinitely.)
[2009/11/02 22:18:32] <Narrator> (erika keeps the supply at 1… the zc keeps going up
[2009/11/02 22:19:41] <Kaeden_Everett> “You guys grab food. I’m going to try to find us a ride out of here.”
[2009/11/02 22:19:47] <Narrator> the sun is about to set. you finish eating stale popcorn from the movie theatre and some cold suspect hot dogs.
[2009/11/02 22:19:52] <Narrator> wait Kaeden_Everett
[2009/11/02 22:19:56] <Narrator> horde event
[2009/11/02 22:20:09] <Kaeden_Everett> oh ok
[2009/11/02 22:20:22] <Narrator> the zombie clock is bigger than the supply pool
[2009/11/02 22:20:45] <Riley> LOG: ok so as if yesterday didnt suck enough, i now have a nasty brown spot on my face from the hulking zonbie that, despite beinga  lumbering dickface,  managed to grab me and nearly succeded in its goals had it not been for this random coke bottle ninja.  Where did these things come from?  who cares at least I seem to be much stronger than the beasts.
[2009/11/02 22:21:07] <Narrator> what is true?
[2009/11/02 22:21:17] <Crandal> ((last line I’m thinking…))
[2009/11/02 22:21:26] <Riley> yes
[2009/11/02 22:21:34] <Narrator> he is the strong hero he already stronger than everyone
[2009/11/02 22:22:03] <Riley> ((true.. never thought about it))
[2009/11/02 22:22:23] <Narrator> add something and we’ll get back on track
[2009/11/02 22:22:28] <Riley> (( well crap… ))
[2009/11/02 22:22:33] <Narrator> The parking lot goes dark as a cloud blocks the sun -
[2009/11/02 22:22:53] <Crandal> “I have a bad feeling……”
[2009/11/02 22:23:10] <Erika> “Ugh. don’t you ever read Tropes?”
[2009/11/02 22:23:15] <Kaeden_Everett> (Riley: how about “good thing i can take a fall” or something)
[2009/11/02 22:23:55] <Kaeden_Everett> (or; nothing can stop me from finding a stiff drink – haha)
[2009/11/02 22:23:56] <Narrator> that works
[2009/11/02 22:24:00] <Erika> (Yeah, +1 for lastin’ out nasty falls.)
[2009/11/02 22:24:07] <Erika> (Hahaha.)
[2009/11/02 22:24:17] <Riley> LOG: ok so as if yesterday didnt suck enough, i now have a nasty brown spot on my face from the hulking zonbie that, despite beinga  lumbering dickface,  managed to grab me and nearly succeded in its goals had it not been for this random coke bottle ninja.  Where did these things come from?  who cares at least I can take my bumps in these battles.
[2009/11/02 22:24:30] <Narrator> across the parking lot a massive zombie walks into the lot and stops. he seems to sniff the air and locks eyes on the doors to the movie theatre.
[2009/11/02 22:24:47] * Erika grips her pipe.
[2009/11/02 22:24:54] <Kaeden_Everett> ((gah! should’ve said “at least zombies don’t have a good sense of smell” ))
[2009/11/02 22:25:06] <Riley> ((HA!))
[2009/11/02 22:25:16] <Erika> “Here comes the gate-crashers…”
[2009/11/02 22:25:16] <Crandal> “I think we should probably move some of those soda machines over to the doors.”
[2009/11/02 22:25:33] <Narrator> He leans back and bellows “MEEEEEEEEAT!” and a mass of smaller zombies fly into the lot and toward the movie theatre
[2009/11/02 22:25:41] <Riley> “anyform of barricade would be better than the current.”
[2009/11/02 22:25:43] <Kaeden_Everett> “Shit.”
[2009/11/02 22:25:54] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:25:55] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 22 (3, 1, 4, 2, 6, 5, 1) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:25:55] <Crandal> “Well, a talking zombie, that’s new.”
[2009/11/02 22:25:55] <Erika> “Sounds good Cran. New guy, get those machines in front fo the doors!”
[2009/11/02 22:26:03] <Narrator> (go ahead and roll away
[2009/11/02 22:26:18] <Erika> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:26:19] <LadyLuck> Erika: 28 (4, 6, 6, 1, 4, 1, 6) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:26:26] <Erika> (Hooyah.)
[2009/11/02 22:26:27] <Riley> “INtelligence is not a good thing folks!”
[2009/11/02 22:26:31] <Narrator> (one success Keaden narrate away , 3 for erika
[2009/11/02 22:26:36] <Crandal> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:26:37] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 20 (3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 6) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:26:45] <Narrator> (1 for crandel
[2009/11/02 22:26:55] <Riley> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:26:56] <LadyLuck> Riley: 24 (6, 4, 1, 2, 2, 6, 3) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:27:06] <Narrator> (1 normal and 1 fear for riley
[2009/11/02 22:27:21] <Erika> (Woohoo, nice start.)
[2009/11/02 22:27:32] <Narrator> (narrate away  – I suggest going in order of the rolls
[2009/11/02 22:27:34] * Riley moves the machines toward the door
[2009/11/02 22:27:49] <Erika> (Kaeden goes first, then.)
[2009/11/02 22:28:27] <Narrator> (remember you can be long gone form this site by the end of the narration
[2009/11/02 22:28:44] <Erika> )Kaeden, get a car ready.)
[2009/11/02 22:28:44] <Kaeden_Everett> Is it a big mall?
[2009/11/02 22:28:49] <Erika> (*
[2009/11/02 22:29:13] <Narrator> (you tell me – you get to narrate
[2009/11/02 22:29:21] * Crandal runs into what used to be the manager’s office and after rummaging through the drawers finds an old revolver and some spare ammo. Trying to be as quiet as possible, he then makes his way into the second story and finds a place where he can fire on anything comming through the doors yet remain unseen.
[2009/11/02 22:29:44] <Crandal> ((/me should read before hitting enter……))
[2009/11/02 22:29:49] <Kaeden_Everett> Just outside the movie theatre there are several vehicles on display, carefully parked on mats. I find one with plenty of fuel in it and a clear path down the huge mall’s hallway.
[2009/11/02 22:30:16] <Narrator> (crandal – you have a firearm you get +2 to rolls until you lose it
[2009/11/02 22:30:45] * Kaeden_Everett waits in the getaway car for his fellows to join him when they’re ready
[2009/11/02 22:32:20] * Crandal leaps over the railing, sliding hand down and grabbing the floor so he is hanging only a few feet above the ground before dropping the last 3 or 4 feet and runs for the vehicle that Kaeden has secured, “Shotgun!”
[2009/11/02 22:32:39] * Erika turns to the new guy.
[2009/11/02 22:32:44] <Narrator> (not very – sneaky ;)
[2009/11/02 22:32:45] * Riley Finishes moving the machines only to notice that Kaeden_Everett has gotten a car. Why cant anything go right.?  HEY HOLD THAT THING THERE IM WITH YOU FOOL!
[2009/11/02 22:32:58] <Erika> “Come on.”
[2009/11/02 22:33:27] * Riley jumps into the care “got a stereo?”
[2009/11/02 22:34:02] <Riley> ((What kind of vehicle do we have?))
[2009/11/02 22:34:19] * Kaeden_Everett locks the windows in a rolled-up position and makes sure the air isn’t circulating outside. “yeah but we’re going for quiet.” *pats the steering wheel of the hybrid honda*
[2009/11/02 22:34:34] <Kaeden_Everett> (everyone in?)
[2009/11/02 22:34:37] <Narrator> (you have a success you tell me what kind of car it is….
[2009/11/02 22:35:03] <Narrator> (if you leave it to me you probably won’t like it ;)
[2009/11/02 22:35:23] <Narrator> (I am thinking model t historical display ;)
[2009/11/02 22:35:25] <Kaeden_Everett> *points* honda hybrid
[2009/11/02 22:35:28] * Erika  slides her pipe under one of the vending machines and uses leverage to tip it over towards the outside, crushing a good number of mofoes in the procees. She follows this up by charging to the car, going Babe Ruth on anything that gets close, some zombie heads being knocked off their shoulders so hard, they fly into the heads of other zombies, resulting in double-kills.
[2009/11/02 22:35:42] <Erika> process*
[2009/11/02 22:35:43] <Kaeden_Everett> LOL
[2009/11/02 22:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 22:35:56] <Narrator> (woot!
[2009/11/02 22:36:19] <Riley> The vehicle is a small fast Hatchback. with a rattling trunk area.
[2009/11/02 22:36:22] <Narrator> supply pool 0 zombis clock 1
[2009/11/02 22:36:38] <Narrator> I am using the zombie pool for a complication
[2009/11/02 22:36:40] <Crandal> ((riley, he already said it was a honda hybrid))
[2009/11/02 22:36:45] * Erika smashes open the trunk of the car and hops in there.
[2009/11/02 22:36:47] <Narrator> supply pool 0 zombie clock 0
[2009/11/02 22:37:06] <Kaeden_Everett> (could still be a hatchback.)
[2009/11/02 22:37:09] <Riley> ((ya but i needed that rattling trunk area lol))
[2009/11/02 22:37:35] <Narrator> The barricade explodes as the massive zombie crushes the vending machines
[2009/11/02 22:37:41] * Crandal checks the rounds in the revolver and takes count of the few spare rounds he managed to aquire
[2009/11/02 22:37:49] * Kaeden_Everett puts pedal to metal
[2009/11/02 22:37:52] <Narrator> he points at the car and smiles.
[2009/11/02 22:38:03] <Narrator> he is gaining on you
[2009/11/02 22:38:05] * Riley reaches into the back.  ” Check this out crude bludgeoning instruments!”
[2009/11/02 22:38:07] <Erika> “Kaeden, move it!”
[2009/11/02 22:38:07] <Crandal> “I think it’s time to shift from battery to gas.”
[2009/11/02 22:38:15] <Narrator> anyone ever see a zombie like this?
[2009/11/02 22:38:20] <Riley> never
[2009/11/02 22:38:29] <Crandal> ((neit))
[2009/11/02 22:38:31] <Erika> (Sounds like the Fast Zombie in HL2.)
[2009/11/02 22:38:42] <Narrator> (I mean in game ;)
[2009/11/02 22:38:47] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:38:48] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 27 (3, 6, 6, 1, 1, 5, 5) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:38:53] <Narrator> 2 successes
[2009/11/02 22:39:14] <Erika> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:39:14] <Narrator> he gets within a few feet and….
[2009/11/02 22:39:15] <LadyLuck> Erika: 30 (4, 6, 6, 4, 3, 5, 2) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:39:24] <Narrator> 3 successes
[2009/11/02 22:39:48] <Kaeden_Everett> I pull a 180 and drive under the zombie’s legs, hightailing it back toward the theatre
[2009/11/02 22:40:28] <Narrator> the zombie hits the ceiling with a loud crunch. when he hits the floor he leaves a large hole
[2009/11/02 22:40:31] <Kaeden_Everett> turn at an intersection and we’re now barelling towards the sporting goods store!
[2009/11/02 22:40:58] <Narrator> you catch a glimpse of him crawling out of the hole as you make the corner
[2009/11/02 22:41:29] <Kaeden_Everett> (just about time for me to bow out guys)
[2009/11/02 22:41:35] <Kaeden_Everett> “You guys go. I’ll try to slow him down.”
[2009/11/02 22:41:39] <Riley> “he just dont quit does he!”
[2009/11/02 22:42:03] <Narrator> (he’s a complication ;)
[2009/11/02 22:42:10] * Riley grabs a tire iron and a bat out of the trunk.
[2009/11/02 22:42:18] * Erika looks down and finds a bunch of rivets in the toolbox in the trunk.
[2009/11/02 22:42:29] <Narrator> (did you roll riley? erika?
[2009/11/02 22:42:40] <Riley> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:42:41] <LadyLuck> Riley: 21 (2, 6, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:42:43] <Crandal> ((erika did little while ago))
[2009/11/02 22:42:47] <Riley> forgot
[2009/11/02 22:42:57] <Narrator> (true – sorry
[2009/11/02 22:43:54] * Erika grabs a cluster, tosses them up and swings her pipe into the scattered masses of metal, sending them carreening towards the big-bad, combined with all the velocities in play, she may as well have fired a shotgun with a 200MM barrel and buckshot at it.
[2009/11/02 22:44:11] <Narrator> (NICE
[2009/11/02 22:44:15] * Erika repeats until the supply is exausted.
[2009/11/02 22:44:39] <Riley> ((where are we currently))
[2009/11/02 22:44:56] <Narrator> you skid to a stop at the northern outfitters store. the metal cage is torn apart and lying in the mall hallway. the big zombie is is looking bad but still struggling after you
[2009/11/02 22:44:59] * Kaeden_Everett revs the engine, intending to kamikaze the giant zombie as soon as the others get clear of the car
[2009/11/02 22:45:06] <Crandal> ((in a mall it seems, when are we picking up a useless?))
[2009/11/02 22:45:12] <Erika> (Having done that, can I be excused for a couple minutes?)
[2009/11/02 22:45:26] <Narrator> (of course
[2009/11/02 22:45:36] <Erika> (Thanks)
[2009/11/02 22:45:39] * Crandal steps out of the car to let kaeden have his fun/sucide attempt
[2009/11/02 22:45:51] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 7d6
[2009/11/02 22:45:53] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 19 (2, 2, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6) [7d6]
[2009/11/02 22:45:59] <Narrator> (2 successes
[2009/11/02 22:46:15] <Kaeden_Everett> I drive the hybrid, free of passengers, full-speed into the crawling zombie’s face
[2009/11/02 22:46:18] <Narrator> (remamebr to make it clever
[2009/11/02 22:46:41] <Kaeden_Everett> oh, hm. i was hung up on the “machines and devices” deal
[2009/11/02 22:47:15] <Narrator> (I know – just milking for more
[2009/11/02 22:47:41] <Crandal> ((do it while on 2 wheels? or sideways?))
[2009/11/02 22:48:07] <Narrator> (or put him through the glass elevator
[2009/11/02 22:48:54] <Kaeden_Everett> I engage cruise control, open the door and roll free, letting the car hit the crawling zombie in the face and push him backward across the floor and into the window of a jewellery shop
[2009/11/02 22:49:13] <Narrator> (nice
[2009/11/02 22:49:30] <Crandal> ((now it’s an expensive zombie))
[2009/11/02 22:49:36] <Crandal> ((jewel encrusted))
[2009/11/02 22:49:46] <Kaeden_Everett> ((how can i leave gracefully so i can go get some sleep?)
[2009/11/02 22:49:59] <Narrator> looks like you are relatively safe – sanctuary?
[2009/11/02 22:50:02] <Crandal> ((who needs sleep?))
[2009/11/02 22:50:03] <Riley> ((do a pirouette))
[2009/11/02 22:50:13] <Kaeden_Everett> woot
[2009/11/02 22:50:18] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 22:50:19] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 11 (1, 3, 5, 2) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 22:50:20] <Crandal> ((sure, in a sporting goods store, heh))
[2009/11/02 22:50:21] <Narrator> Kaeden_Everett – you can just get in a car and drive off.
[2009/11/02 22:50:26] <Crandal> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 22:50:27] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 18 (5, 1, 6, 6) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 22:50:42] <Narrator> (need 5 6’s for santuary
[2009/11/02 22:50:50] <Riley> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 22:50:51] <LadyLuck> Riley: 12 (5, 2, 4, 1) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 22:50:53] <Crandal> ((got 2))
[2009/11/02 22:51:00] <Kaeden_Everett> Crap, erika needs 3
[2009/11/02 22:51:21] <Crandal> ((do I get the +2 on this from the revolver?))
[2009/11/02 22:51:26] <Narrator> yes
[2009/11/02 22:51:35] <Crandal> ((then just need 2 more))
[2009/11/02 22:51:50] <Kaeden_Everett> ((yeah, you kill a zombie to clear out the sanctuary area))
[2009/11/02 22:52:10] <Narrator> remember _you are always killing zombies_
[2009/11/02 22:52:25] <Crandal> (( Erika, roll))
[2009/11/02 22:52:32] <Crandal> ((oh, wait, she’s afk))
[2009/11/02 22:52:33] <Narrator> she might be AFK
[2009/11/02 22:53:19] <Kaeden_Everett> “Whew. Good thing that zombie is dead!”
[2009/11/02 22:54:52] <Kaeden_Everett> “Car in the head, then sent through a storefront…double tap? I think so.”
[2009/11/02 22:55:20] <Narrator> so I’ll ask again anyone seen a zombie like that?
[2009/11/02 22:55:34] <Narrator> (please make a fear roll :)
[2009/11/02 22:55:46] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 1d6
[2009/11/02 22:55:47] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 1 (1) [1d6]
[2009/11/02 22:55:48] <Narrator> (1d6 LOW is good
[2009/11/02 22:55:49] * Crandal wanders around the sporting goods store, popping the few zombies that are there through the shelves before grabbing a supersoaker from the kids area, a bottle of kerosen, some ducktape, and a zippo, then begins putting it all together, and fills the supersoaker with the flamible liquid
[2009/11/02 22:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step!
[2009/11/02 22:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 22:55:57] <Crandal> *roll 1d6
[2009/11/02 22:55:58] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 6 (6) [1d6]
[2009/11/02 22:56:04] <Crandal> ((carp))
[2009/11/02 22:56:11] <Narrator> crandal your fear goes to 2, your first 2 dice are fear dice
[2009/11/02 22:56:27] <Kaeden_Everett> yay mine stays at 2
[2009/11/02 22:56:29] <Kaeden_Everett> 1* rather
[2009/11/02 22:56:34] <Crandal> ((he just made a redneck flamethrower btw))
[2009/11/02 22:56:37] <Narrator> you can have 2 if you want
[2009/11/02 22:56:50] <Narrator> riley?
[2009/11/02 22:57:02] <Riley> *roll 1d6
[2009/11/02 22:57:03] <LadyLuck> Riley: 6 (6) [1d6]
[2009/11/02 22:57:05] <Narrator> In theory it would be time to write another diary entry
[2009/11/02 22:57:10] <Narrator> riley your fear is 2
[2009/11/02 22:57:49] <Narrator> but we’ll skip it for now.
[2009/11/02 22:58:10] <Narrator> I have another hour in me if you want to continue after Erika returns
[2009/11/02 22:58:17] <Riley> im good
[2009/11/02 22:58:26] <Crandal> ((we can’t do a diary anyway?))
[2009/11/02 22:59:14] <Narrator> shirely
[2009/11/02 22:59:46] <Narrator> fire them up – post when you are done
[2009/11/02 23:00:18] <Kaeden_Everett> Dear Mom,
[2009/11/02 23:00:18] <Kaeden_Everett> Do you remember the last time I pissed myself? Well I have to update that; it was about 20 minutes ago when I jumped out of a moving vehicle driving full-speed at a zombie’s face. That guy was ugly!
[2009/11/02 23:00:19] <Kaeden_Everett> Still feeding my fish? I hope so.
[2009/11/02 23:00:21] <Kaeden_Everett> Best wishes! Tell Uncle Farnsworth I’m still alive – he owes me a beer.
[2009/11/02 23:00:23] <Kaeden_Everett> P.S. Remember when I played hardball? I wonder if I’ve still got that home-run hit.
[2009/11/02 23:00:25] <Kaeden_Everett> +1 to break machines with a club
[2009/11/02 23:02:30] <Crandal> Diary: part 2, well, after eating something in a theater, we hear this horendus howeling from outside. A BRUTE of a zombie, who could actually still talk was outside, and decided to send a swarm at us. The new guy managed to block the doors to the outside, but the brute busted through anyway. At least until Mr. Driver pushed the thing into a jewelry store with the cruise of one of the display cars
[2009/11/02 23:02:30] <Crandal> After that we started making ‘camp’ in a sporting goods store where I took the oppurtunity to make myself a little flamethrower. _On a side note, I seem rather adept at making headshots on these zombies through obsticles._
[2009/11/02 23:02:30] <Crandal> +1 to hit through visiual obsticles
[2009/11/02 23:03:35] <Narrator> remember you get the +1 but if you aren’t sneaky you lose 4 dice
[2009/11/02 23:03:52] <Riley> so turns out this coke bottle ninja is also the living incarnationof indiana jones.  kewl dude tho.  our driver is a BALLSY freak but that has come in handy and i have macguyver for a partner as well.  but at least we landed in a sporting goods store.  should be plenty to use here.  I should put all those archery and shooting classes to use.
[2009/11/02 23:04:47] <Riley> On second thought maybe ill just bash some skulls with a Bat.  sounds kewl.
[2009/11/02 23:04:52] <Kaeden_Everett> (Riley; pick something that uses your strength to advantage as a weapon. Sledgehammer type things.)
[2009/11/02 23:04:57] <Narrator> what is true Riley?
[2009/11/02 23:05:13] <Riley> ((working on finishing it))
[2009/11/02 23:05:18] <Narrator> k sorry
[2009/11/02 23:05:21] <Riley> np
[2009/11/02 23:07:39] <Crandal> ((/me stares at erika))
[2009/11/02 23:08:45] <Riley> my years in Baseball should make it easy to find the right tools for the job
[2009/11/02 23:09:07] <Riley> ((+1 to finding munitions such as bats and clubs?
[2009/11/02 23:09:44] <Narrator> works. but remember weapon or not you need to use strong to get your dice.
[2009/11/02 23:10:14] <Riley> to find the weapon or to use the weapon?
[2009/11/02 23:10:18] <Kaeden_Everett> Riley
[2009/11/02 23:10:19] <Riley> or both
[2009/11/02 23:10:22] <Narrator> both
[2009/11/02 23:10:24] <Riley> k
[2009/11/02 23:10:26] <Kaeden_Everett> what about +1 to find heavy stuff to throw?
[2009/11/02 23:10:39] <Riley> debated that but didnt sound practical
[2009/11/02 23:10:57] <Kaeden_Everett> it is for the Strong character; if you don’t use strength, you only get dice for having comrades
[2009/11/02 23:11:01] <Crandal> ((what about zombie killin is practical?))
[2009/11/02 23:11:13] <Narrator> so looking in a store – no dice, pushing over a stack of crates to get to the insides – 4 dice
[2009/11/02 23:11:41] <Riley> kewl
[2009/11/02 23:12:41] <Kaeden_Everett> ok guys i’m out for the night
[2009/11/02 23:12:49] <Crandal> ((later))
[2009/11/02 23:12:57] <Kaeden_Everett> (have fun!)
[2009/11/02 23:13:02] <Crandal> ((guessing we loose the extra dice he gave us?))
[2009/11/02 23:13:03] <Narrator> pushing over a stack of crates to crush the zombies and block the entry and having the a large lead pipe torn form the wall by the crates…
[2009/11/02 23:13:18] <Narrator> you do… but you only need 4 dice for anctuary
[2009/11/02 23:13:37] <Crandal> ((where’s erika?))
[2009/11/02 23:13:41] <Narrator> *sanctuary
[2009/11/02 23:13:47] <Narrator> (afk
[2009/11/02 23:14:00] <Kaeden_Everett> yeah you’re going to be rolling 6d6 now, two extra dice for two ppl other than yourself
[2009/11/02 23:14:05] <Kaeden_Everett> ciao :)
[2009/11/02 23:14:10] @ Kaeden_Everett is now known as jeffszusz
[2009/11/02 23:14:23] <Crandal> ((obviously narrator, just wondering where she is though, and later jeff))
[2009/11/02 23:14:34] <Narrator> you can move on without her but you’ll have to bring her along with you or leave her for the zombies
[2009/11/02 23:14:43] * Riley runs to the back of the storage area busting crates and packaging ti find munitions. He finds a couple 5lb weights and notices a conduit on the wall that could be ripped off.
[2009/11/02 23:14:56] <Narrator> (roll then narrate
[2009/11/02 23:15:03] <Riley> my bad
[2009/11/02 23:15:12] <Riley> *roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 23:15:13] <LadyLuck> Riley: 10 (6, 2, 1, 1) [4d6]
[2009/11/02 23:15:25] <Crandal> ((make another sanctuary roll?))
[2009/11/02 23:15:43] <Narrator> (my oh my! my favorite. fear success. you have 2 more dice – hope for the best
[2009/11/02 23:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 23:16:04] <Narrator> (ignoring zombie clock event
[2009/11/02 23:16:42] <Narrator> (roll 2 more d6 riley
[2009/11/02 23:17:16] <Riley> *roll 2d6
[2009/11/02 23:17:17] <LadyLuck> Riley: 7 (4, 3) [2d6]
[2009/11/02 23:18:02] <Erika> (Sorry about that, back.)
[2009/11/02 23:18:03] <Narrator> (okay fear success. you succeed but you action is driven by blind fear. you get to narrate what happens you get what you were trying to do BUT something goes terribly wrong.
[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: ChanServ: *.net *.split
[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: Crandal: *.net *.split
[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: Narrator: *.net *.split
[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: jeffszusz: *.net *.split
[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: LadyLuck: *.net *.split
[2009/11/02 23:18:42] <Erika> >_>
[2009/11/02 23:18:54] <Erika> Yeah, I’d call a Netsplit somethin’ terribly wrong.
[2009/11/02 23:19:00] <Riley> lol ya
[2009/11/02 23:20:42] @ techno65535 joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/02 23:20:48] <techno65535> ((grrrrrr))
[2009/11/02 23:20:54] <techno65535> ((erika, 4 dice, need 2 successes for sanctuary))
[2009/11/02 23:21:02] @ techno65535 is now known as Crandal
[2009/11/02 23:21:08] <Crandal> ohh, narrator is gone too
[2009/11/02 23:21:14] <Erika> (I think we have to wait for the DM.)
[2009/11/02 23:21:16] <Riley> ya
[2009/11/02 23:21:19] <Erika> *The joys of netsplit.)
[2009/11/02 23:21:24] <Erika> (*
[2009/11/02 23:21:32] <Crandal> was worse than netsplit, server died
[2009/11/02 23:21:34] <Erika> It could not have been better timed, comically.
[2009/11/02 23:21:44] @ jeffszusz joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/02 23:21:46] <Crandal> heh
[2009/11/02 23:21:48] <Erika> Dude? That’s what a Netsplit IS.
[2009/11/02 23:22:04] <Crandal> no, netsplit is servers being disconnected from eachother
[2009/11/02 23:22:14] <Crandal> not nessicarily dieing
[2009/11/02 23:22:47] <Crandal> from what it looked like, the khisanth server is actually /down/
[2009/11/02 23:23:00] <Erika> Ouch.
[2009/11/02 23:23:16] <Crandal> was actually disconnected from server and couldn’t reconnect
[2009/11/02 23:23:20] @ fudge_guest1687 joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/02 23:23:26] <Erika> Ouch.
[2009/11/02 23:23:27] @ fudge_guest1687 is now known as Narrator
[2009/11/02 23:23:30] <Erika> lol
[2009/11/02 23:23:32] <Crandal> wb
[2009/11/02 23:23:36] <Erika> Welcome back.
[2009/11/02 23:23:39] <Narrator> (erika 4d6 sanctuary roll and a fear check and diary entry
[2009/11/02 23:23:42] <Narrator> (Riley 1 fear success. you succeed but you action is driven by blind fear. you get to narrate what happens you get what you were trying to do BUT something goes terribly wrong.you might set off an alarm and lock the other sout of saftey – light the place on fire blocking the entrance etc
[2009/11/02 23:23:43] <Crandal> do we need dice?
[2009/11/02 23:23:50] <Narrator> pidgen crapped out
[2009/11/02 23:24:02] <Erika> (I can’t ladyLuck is gone.)
[2009/11/02 23:24:07] <Crandal> no, khisanth server died
[2009/11/02 23:24:10] <Crandal> one sec
[2009/11/02 23:24:21] @ BoxCars joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/02 23:24:28] <Narrator> roll 1d6
[2009/11/02 23:24:29] <BoxCars> Narrator rolls 121D6 and gets 12(1)
[2009/11/02 23:24:30] <Crandal> or that
[2009/11/02 23:24:35] <Narrator> roll 4d6
[2009/11/02 23:24:35] <BoxCars> Narrator rolls 124D6 and gets 12(13)
[2009/11/02 23:24:36] <Erika> (Can box show individual results?)
[2009/11/02 23:24:42] <Narrator> dunno
[2009/11/02 23:24:45] <Crandal> I got mine comming
[2009/11/02 23:25:12] <Erika> (It’s like the power went out and we’re tryin’ to find candles to see the dice. lol)
[2009/11/02 23:26:04] @ Dealer` joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/02 23:26:10] @ Dealer` is now known as shotgundice
[2009/11/02 23:26:15] <Crandal> 4d6
[2009/11/02 23:26:16] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 4D6: 2 3 4 11 = 20
[2009/11/02 23:26:18] <Narrator> roll 4#d6
[2009/11/02 23:26:18] <BoxCars> Narrator rolls 124#1D6 and gets12 (6)(1)(1)(3)
[2009/11/02 23:26:43] <Erika> roll 4#d6
[2009/11/02 23:26:44] <BoxCars> Erika rolls 124#1D6 and gets12 (3)(1)(6)(5)
[2009/11/02 23:26:44] <Crandal> 10d6
[2009/11/02 23:26:45] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 10D6: 3 3 2 4 1 1 4 1 4 2 = 25
[2009/11/02 23:26:54] * Riley runs to the back of the storage area busting crates and packaging ti find munitions. He finds a couple 5lb weights and notices a chain to the bay door the wall that could be ripped off. Unfortunately the process of ripping the chain off also opens the door to the outside and makes it unclosable
[2009/11/02 23:26:56] <Riley> like that?
[2009/11/02 23:28:00] <Narrator> (that’ll do – more panic though.
[2009/11/02 23:28:06] <Narrator> sanctuary!
[2009/11/02 23:28:06] <Riley> ahh
[2009/11/02 23:28:15] <Erika> (Lemme read the backlog, please.)
[2009/11/02 23:28:24] <Crandal> ((heh, just got sancuary))
[2009/11/02 23:28:44] <Narrator> supply pool 5 zombie clock 0
[2009/11/02 23:29:25] * Crandal spends the ‘down time’ gathering ammo for the revolver and stuffs several boxes of the stuff into a trench coat he finds within the store
[2009/11/02 23:29:44] <Erika> (Okay, writin’ entry now.)
[2009/11/02 23:30:05] <Narrator> You find a drug store and manage to slam the security gate closed. The zombies push uselessly at the gate and moan fitfully
[2009/11/02 23:30:22] <Narrator> (erika still need 1d6 fear check
[2009/11/02 23:30:38] <Erika> (Buh? Explain that, please?)
[2009/11/02 23:31:09] <Narrator> (crandel – no risk no reward
[2009/11/02 23:31:12] * Crandal spends a few minutes chunking advil and tylonall pills into zombie mouths
[2009/11/02 23:31:25] <Narrator> (big nasty zombie sraced everyine
[2009/11/02 23:31:37] <Riley> roll 4#d6
[2009/11/02 23:31:37] <BoxCars> Riley rolls 124#1D6 and gets12 (1)(5)(3)(2)
[2009/11/02 23:31:49] <Erika> (I mean what do i have to hit to avoid makin’ my fear go up.)
[2009/11/02 23:32:13] <Narrator> (roll low. if you roll higher than your fear it goes up
[2009/11/02 23:32:23] <Erika> (Bah.)
[2009/11/02 23:32:31] <Narrator> (riley you failed – but you have 2 more dice
[2009/11/02 23:32:33] <Crandal> No Zombie? No Roll!
[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Erika> roll 1#d6
[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <BoxCars> Erika rolls 121#1D6 and gets12 (3)
[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> First, an important rule: if no zombies are present, the Survivors don’t need
[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> to roll for any risks.
[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> If the Survivors are locked up in a shopping mall and they’ve cleared all the
[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> zombies out, they don’t need to roll for anything.
[2009/11/02 23:33:06] <Narrator> (crandal you are always killing zombies. if you want more stuff more tools you have to take a risk
[2009/11/02 23:33:19] <Erika> (Damn it.)
[2009/11/02 23:33:26] <Riley> for their presence i get 2 more?
[2009/11/02 23:33:32] <Narrator> yes
[2009/11/02 23:33:41] <Erika> (Okay, writin’ now)
[2009/11/02 23:33:42] <Riley> ahh
[2009/11/02 23:33:44] <Riley> k
[2009/11/02 23:33:52] <Riley> roll 2#d6
[2009/11/02 23:33:53] <BoxCars> Riley rolls 122#1D6 and gets12 (6)(5)
[2009/11/02 23:34:01] <Narrator> (success riley
[2009/11/02 23:34:28] <Narrator> (Crandal you can do whatever you like but you can’t get tools or firearms without a risk
[2009/11/02 23:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 23:36:39] <Narrator> (i’ll ignore that one too
[2009/11/02 23:37:33] <Erika> ‘Well, I’m sure I’d make Top Hanks and Dimagio proud with my baseball skills. I was cracking skulls into skulls and rivets into buckshot. I am concerned, however. There seem to be greater zombies that are both sentient and intelligent. After seeing that, I find myself much ill at ease compared to before. I’m strong, yes, but I wonder if even I could’ve gone toe to toe with that thing. I hope we manage to find an escape somehow. _Still, I must be stron
[2009/11/02 23:37:57] <Narrator> cut off at till, I must be stron
[2009/11/02 23:38:12] <Erika> (I’m thinking that if Erika is close to someone else, their fear points are reduced by one.)
[2009/11/02 23:38:21] <Erika> for the sake of the others. I’m not alone in this, we need to keep morale up._’
[2009/11/02 23:39:03] <Erika> (And by close, I mean, within 10 feet.)
[2009/11/02 23:39:50] <Narrator> the is way powerful. I’ll let you reduce the fear of one person by one
[2009/11/02 23:40:04] <Erika> (Alright.)
[2009/11/02 23:40:10] * Riley notices a first aid kit on the wall and rips it down, picks it up and smashes it open to find 2 epi pens and a syringe. along with some wrapping tape and alcohol swabs
[2009/11/02 23:40:41] <Erika> (By the way, where are we holed up?)
[2009/11/02 23:40:54] <Crandal> ((drug store))
[2009/11/02 23:40:55] <Narrator> okay you are in sanctuary. the zombies are locked out (unless you let them in). You have approx 3 events before they get it
[2009/11/02 23:41:13] * Crandal laughs at how the advil foams in the zombies mouths
[2009/11/02 23:41:21] <Narrator> you can leave early or wait
[2009/11/02 23:41:51] * Erika checks for some supplies.
[2009/11/02 23:41:56] <Erika> (What roll?)
[2009/11/02 23:42:06] <Narrator> you can have any supplies you want that are not weapons or tools
[2009/11/02 23:42:22] <Erika> (Define tools.)
[2009/11/02 23:42:46] <Narrator> baseball bat, pipe, shovel, wrench
[2009/11/02 23:43:00] <Riley> so are we steaily acquiring all of the things we have found so far?
[2009/11/02 23:43:32] <Crandal> ((/me has a revolver, some ammo for it and a redneck flame thrower))
[2009/11/02 23:43:38] <Narrator> yep. if you fail I might let you live and destroy the item. or if you fear succeed you can lose teh item in your panic
[2009/11/02 23:44:25] <Riley> k so i would havE 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN AND 2 5LB WEIGHTS?
[2009/11/02 23:44:53] <Narrator> sure
[2009/11/02 23:45:22] <Riley> K
[2009/11/02 23:45:40] * Erika opens up a convenience cabinet and has a soda.
[2009/11/02 23:46:01] <Narrator> the undead are mindlessly pushing on the security gate. over time they start to crush themselves on the gate.
[2009/11/02 23:46:19] <Narrator> a think bloody ooze seeps through onto the floor.
[2009/11/02 23:46:20] <Crandal> “You wouldn’t happened to have seen any twinkies back there would you?”
[2009/11/02 23:46:21] <Riley> also have a bat and a tire iron from the trun of the car earlier
[2009/11/02 23:46:26] <Narrator> The smell is revolting
[2009/11/02 23:46:48] <Erika> “Twinkies? Lemme check.”
[2009/11/02 23:46:59] <Riley> “any thing meaty?”
[2009/11/02 23:46:59] * Erika digs about for some twinkies.
[2009/11/02 23:47:05] * Crandal looks for anything resembling kitty litter and pours it about 2 inches thick at the front of the store.
[2009/11/02 23:47:18] <Erika> “Hey new guy, what’s your name anyway? I don’t think you ever told us.”
[2009/11/02 23:47:23] <Narrator> (I actually have “twinkees!” in my notes for the drug store
[2009/11/02 23:47:27] <Riley> “there should be some spill magic hanging up somewhere. they always have it”
[2009/11/02 23:47:45] <Erika> (lol)
[2009/11/02 23:47:56] <Crandal> ((lol))
[2009/11/02 23:48:13] <Crandal> ((btw, Zombieland reference in that request ;) ))
[2009/11/02 23:48:21] <Riley> ya been a long day already… Names riley.  Riley Braun”
[2009/11/02 23:48:32] <Narrator> some of the zombies start to wander aimlessly.
[2009/11/02 23:48:56] * Crandal continues pelting the zombies with random pills
[2009/11/02 23:48:58] <Erika> “Riley eh? I’m Erika. Body-builder and model for a women’s muscle magazine, though you could probably tell that already.”
[2009/11/02 23:49:08] <Narrator> the sun sets and the mall starts to go dark
[2009/11/02 23:49:16] <Crandal> “Wonder if viagra works on zombies. The names Crandal by the way Riley.”
[2009/11/02 23:49:29] * Erika laughs at the viagra remark.
[2009/11/02 23:49:38] <Riley> ?is there a back door to this place erika?  might be better than fighting thru that mess”
[2009/11/02 23:49:55] * Crandal starts flicking little blue pills into zombies mouths
[2009/11/02 23:50:06] <Erika> “I wouldn’t know, never been to this store before. You’re free to check it out if you want.”
[2009/11/02 23:50:13] <Riley> Good to meet ya crandal. tho i would have preferred it under better circumstances.  Any idea how this started?”
[2009/11/02 23:50:15] <Narrator> (viagra might make them stronger – blood rushing about like that
[2009/11/02 23:50:45] <Riley> roll 3#d6
[2009/11/02 23:50:46] <BoxCars> Riley rolls 123#1D6 and gets12 (5)(4)(6)
[2009/11/02 23:50:59] <Crandal> ((might reveal that female zombie as really being a male too))
[2009/11/02 23:51:14] <Crandal> ((and there’s another dicebot in here, easier to use))
[2009/11/02 23:51:16] <Crandal> 3d6
[2009/11/02 23:51:17] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 3D6: 4 6 4 = 14
[2009/11/02 23:51:54] <Narrator> (use any bot you like as long as the dice are displayed
[2009/11/02 23:52:04] * Erika checks for any sources of powdered rust, powdered aluminum and any sticks of magnesium.
[2009/11/02 23:52:04] <Crandal> ((heh))
[2009/11/02 23:52:29] * Riley looks about for an exit before realizing that it is right behind the office wall.
[2009/11/02 23:52:48] <Erika> 3d6
[2009/11/02 23:52:49] <Crandal> ((erika, I like how you think))
[2009/11/02 23:52:50] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 3D6: 4 4 2 = 10
[2009/11/02 23:52:59] <Erika> (Damn it.)
[2009/11/02 23:53:18] <Riley> ((thermite?))
[2009/11/02 23:53:24] <Erika> (Hell yeah.)
[2009/11/02 23:53:26] <Crandal> “What are you looking for Erika?”
[2009/11/02 23:53:50] <Narrator> as the night deepens the slow plaintive moaning of the undead becomes more disturbing
[2009/11/02 23:53:51] <Erika> “Oh, was checking about for anything I could use to make Thermite, but I couldn’t find anything.”
[2009/11/02 23:54:10] <Riley> 7d6
[2009/11/02 23:54:11] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 7D6: 5 1 4 2 3 6 3 = 24
[2009/11/02 23:54:25] <Crandal> ((6d6 now, only 3 people here))
[2009/11/02 23:54:27] <Erika> “This is a drug store, maybe they’ll have some Liquid Nitrogen-based wart-removal products.”
[2009/11/02 23:54:30] <Narrator> (erika thermite = weapon so 6d6+1
[2009/11/02 23:54:38] * Riley rips an aluminum shudder from the wall and bends it in half
[2009/11/02 23:54:40] <Erika> (Oh really.)
[2009/11/02 23:54:51] <Erika> 3d6
[2009/11/02 23:54:54] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 3D6: 5 6 3 = 14
[2009/11/02 23:55:02] <Erika>  (The other half of it, also, woot.)
[2009/11/02 23:55:03] <Crandal> ((3?))
[2009/11/02 23:55:11] <Crandal> (9oh, lol))
[2009/11/02 23:55:14] <Erika> (I did 3d6, so I did another 3d6)
[2009/11/02 23:55:24] <Crandal> ((yeah, see it now))
[2009/11/02 23:55:31] <Riley> 6d6
[2009/11/02 23:55:34] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 6 5 2 3 4 3 = 23
[2009/11/02 23:55:50] * Erika is about to head around the counter when she notices exactly what she’s looking for.
[2009/11/02 23:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step!
[2009/11/02 23:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/02 23:56:30] <Narrator> outside in the mall you hear a loud crack as part of the upper floor is broken off and falls infront of the store. followed by serverl zombies
[2009/11/02 23:56:31] <Erika> “Well hey, seems like one of the workers here was either a pyro or a terrorist. Either way, It looks like I have some Thermite materials here.”
[2009/11/02 23:56:41] <Narrator> (erika power?
[2009/11/02 23:56:55] <Erika> (How many sticks of Thermite can i make with the supply?)
[2009/11/02 23:56:59] <Erika> (And yeah.)
[2009/11/02 23:57:01] * Riley rips fumbles for ire before finding an old iron bar used to jury rig the door shutat one point. luckily it covered in rust unfortunately that rust has bound it to the escape door requiring more than a little effort to free it
[2009/11/02 23:57:09] <Narrator> supply pool 5 zombie clock 1
[2009/11/02 23:57:37] <Narrator> (I have no idea how powerful thermite is so pick something reasonable
[2009/11/02 23:57:49] * Crandal hears a ripping sound, “That wasn’t what I think it was was it?”
[2009/11/02 23:57:51] <Narrator> (then again if you have a lot it can all go off when you fail
[2009/11/02 23:57:56] <Riley> INSANELY POWERFUL))
[2009/11/02 23:57:59] <Erika> (It’s VERY powerfull and also easy to make.)
[2009/11/02 23:58:16] <Crandal> ((take a teaspoon of thermite, set it on the hood of a car, light it, it burns through the engineblock and into the ground, can’t be put out))
[2009/11/02 23:58:21] <Riley> ((doesnt explode))
[2009/11/02 23:58:31] <Crandal> ((burns, and /cannot/ be put out))
[2009/11/02 23:58:34] <Erika> (Crandal speaks it about right.)
[2009/11/02 23:58:35] <Riley> ((self oxygenating))
[2009/11/02 23:58:42] <Narrator> (neat
[2009/11/02 23:58:51] <Crandal> ((very))
[2009/11/02 23:58:54] <Erika> (Yep. Thus why one uses a magnesium wick.)
[2009/11/02 23:59:00] <Riley> ((retardedly easy to make too__
[2009/11/02 23:59:08] <Narrator> so the morning is coming on. the zombies are still pawing through the closed gate.
[2009/11/02 23:59:34] <Erika> (Tell ye what, we’ll let a bot settle it.)
[2009/11/02 23:59:47] <Erika> 1d6
[2009/11/02 23:59:50] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 1D6: 3
[2009/11/02 23:59:52] <Narrator> a few have started to pound uselessly at the window next to the gate
[2009/11/03 00:00:00] <Erika> (Three sticks of Thermite.)
[2009/11/03 00:00:24] <Erika> (Also, before it goes straight down, it let’s off a nice pyrotechnics display.)
[2009/11/03 00:00:32] <Erika> (*Goes to get a video*)
[2009/11/03 00:01:07] <Narrator> the crowd of zombies seems to have grown over night
[2009/11/03 00:01:29] <Riley> “dont look now but our entourage has grown.”
[2009/11/03 00:01:47] <Erika> “We should be fine for a while. Let’s keep seeing what we can find.”
[2009/11/03 00:02:05] <Narrator> In the light of the day you see that a large portion of the upper floor has collapsed mainly from the damage done but the huge zombie and the car
[2009/11/03 00:02:11] <Erika> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8iRYbnAb0 Move to 1:10
[2009/11/03 00:02:15] <Riley> “we are in a drug store what could there be in here?”
[2009/11/03 00:02:33] * Erika holds up her Thermite sticks.
[2009/11/03 00:02:43] <Erika> “A lot of chemical compounds.”
[2009/11/03 00:03:43] <Crandal> “If you can find a canister of n2o we could use some of that thermite to make a bomb to clear these zombies out.”
[2009/11/03 00:03:53] <Narrator> outside the drug store only the walkway directly over the drugstore entrance is still intact
[2009/11/03 00:04:27] <Crandal> 6d6
[2009/11/03 00:04:28] <Erika> “Nitrous Oxide?”
[2009/11/03 00:04:28] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 6D6: 6 3 4 5 3 3 = 24
[2009/11/03 00:04:36] <Narrator> you can see the sky. looks like rain again
[2009/11/03 00:04:39] <Riley> 6d6
[2009/11/03 00:04:40] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 6 2 4 5 2 5 = 24
[2009/11/03 00:04:42] <Crandal> “Yeah”
[2009/11/03 00:05:03] <Narrator> (fear successes!
[2009/11/03 00:05:03] <Crandal> ((and some successes that aren’t fear dice))
[2009/11/03 00:05:19] <Narrator> (aw carp…
[2009/11/03 00:05:24] <Erika> (lawl)
[2009/11/03 00:05:27] <Crandal> ((:P))
[2009/11/03 00:05:30] * Riley looks around and smashes crates ans shelves before noticing 2 small bottles of NO2 hiding in the corner along with some oxygen tanks.
[2009/11/03 00:05:34] <Riley> “OVER HERE”
[2009/11/03 00:05:35] <Narrator> (don’t tease me
[2009/11/03 00:05:38] <Crandal> ((oh, someone else plays dwarf fortress?))
[2009/11/03 00:06:27] <Narrator> (I really hate this client
[2009/11/03 00:06:29] * Crandal sets one of the o2 tanks to the side and sets the others up next to the gate at the front in a pyramid
[2009/11/03 00:06:45] * Erika goes to check for any Liquid Nitrogen wart removal bottles on the shelves.
[2009/11/03 00:06:52] <Crandal> ((go back to pidgin and /server avalon.otherworlders.org))
[2009/11/03 00:07:01] <Erika> 6d6
[2009/11/03 00:07:02] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 6D6: 4 5 4 4 2 6 = 25
[2009/11/03 00:07:10] <Erika> (Hoorj)
[2009/11/03 00:07:37] <Erika> “Alrighty then. I’ve got my fire and now I’ve got my ice. Time to give those miserable bastards a little hell.”
[2009/11/03 00:08:06] * Crandal hefts the other O2 tank onto his shoulder
[2009/11/03 00:08:18] <Erika> “Hey, Cran, wasn’t there some place that you were dropping things on those freaks uninhibited before?”
[2009/11/03 00:08:27] * Riley loads his gear and ready’s his bat just incase
[2009/11/03 00:09:02] <Crandal> “Naw, just flicking pills in their mouths through the grating.”
[2009/11/03 00:09:20] <Erika> “Ah, too bad. Ever made a Dry-Ice bomb?”
[2009/11/03 00:09:25] <Narrator> twinkees for supper again… the smell of the kitty litter and dried blood and gore is quite appetizing as evening approaches
[2009/11/03 00:10:11] <Riley> “i have”
[2009/11/03 00:10:12] <Crandal> “Who hasn’t? but thermite on top of some NO2 and O2 will make a bigger boom. Save the dry-ice for smoke screen.”
[2009/11/03 00:10:21] <Riley> “bloody fun they are!”
[2009/11/03 00:10:42] <Erika> “Yeah, but a DI-Bomb is louder.”
[2009/11/03 00:10:46] <Narrator> (I’m going to guess this is why the clock is 10 minutes
[2009/11/03 00:10:46] <Erika> “Think about it.”
[2009/11/03 00:10:59] <Riley> “IDEA”
[2009/11/03 00:11:16] <Riley> 6d6
[2009/11/03 00:11:21] <Crandal> “But dry-ice won’t get rid of that hoard of zombies out front in the process.”
[2009/11/03 00:11:22] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 2 4 5 6 4 1 = 22
[2009/11/03 00:11:25] <Erika> “Set the DI bomb, noise. Swarm, THEN the high-explosives.”
[2009/11/03 00:11:47] @ Papaganoush joined channel #Fate
[2009/11/03 00:12:07] <Crandal> “I don’t intend to be anywhere near those things when they go boom.”
[2009/11/03 00:12:27] @ Narrator is now known as narr
[2009/11/03 00:12:28] <Erika> “Point is, they’re attention getters.”
[2009/11/03 00:12:31] <Erika> “Bait.”
[2009/11/03 00:12:35] @ Papaganoush is now known as Narrator
[2009/11/03 00:12:41] <Riley> “too bad there isnt a fire extinguisher here.  Would have been a good screen tool.”
[2009/11/03 00:13:02] <Crandal> “Dry-ice and salt water”
[2009/11/03 00:14:19] <Narrator> supply pool 5 zombie clock 1
[2009/11/03 00:14:58] <Narrator> do you want me to crank the time clock up a notch?
[2009/11/03 00:15:20] <Crandal> ((I’m good))
[2009/11/03 00:15:36] <Riley> ((me too))
[2009/11/03 00:15:37] @ Quit: narr: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client
[2009/11/03 00:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/03 00:15:57] <Narrator> another night in a cold dark drugstore approaches
[2009/11/03 00:16:06] * Erika grabs some water-bottles for the other part of the DI Bombs*
[2009/11/03 00:16:15] <Narrator> supply pool 4 zombie clock 2
[2009/11/03 00:16:40] <Narrator> that pile of beef jerky and twinkees is getting smaller.
[2009/11/03 00:17:04] <Narrator> the coke is almost all gone and you are forced to start drinking… pepsi.
[2009/11/03 00:17:05] <Erika> “Alright, so we have Thermite sticks, DI Bombs, CO2 tanks, various bludgeons, a revolver… What else?”
[2009/11/03 00:17:19] <Crandal> “At least we got twinkees.” :) (yes, he made a smilie face)
[2009/11/03 00:17:26] <Crandal> ((no2))
[2009/11/03 00:17:33] <Erika> )Right, typoe.)
[2009/11/03 00:17:39] <Erika> (Argh.)
[2009/11/03 00:17:53] <Narrator> The zombies outside have stopped struggling and are just staring at you
[2009/11/03 00:17:55] * Crandal lifts what appears to be a supersoaker covered in ducktape with a zippo lighter at the end
[2009/11/03 00:18:04] <Crandal> “Got a flame thrower too.”
[2009/11/03 00:18:15] <Erika> “I just hope that thing doesn’t melt.”
[2009/11/03 00:18:20] <Narrator> mouths working as if they could consume your flesh from across the hall
[2009/11/03 00:18:50] <Crandal> “Nah, takes at least 3 minutes of continuous firing for that to happen.”
[2009/11/03 00:18:50] <Narrator> You start to hear dull thumps as zombies start to throw themselves against the walls from outside
[2009/11/03 00:19:20] <Crandal> “I think we’ve just about out-stayed our welcome here.”
[2009/11/03 00:19:47] <Erika> “Seems about right.”
[2009/11/03 00:19:51] <Riley> “it would appear.”
[2009/11/03 00:20:06] <Erika> “So, what of our arsenal shall we use first?”
[2009/11/03 00:20:21] <Narrator> (bio break… please insert ominous music and scary statements in my absence
[2009/11/03 00:20:35] <Riley> “drag them close and blow them to hell.  Ill be ready with the door so we can get out”
[2009/11/03 00:20:43] <Erika> (*Plays Mr. Crowley.*)
[2009/11/03 00:20:52] <Crandal> “Set off bomb, use dry ice for smoke screen, and high-tail it to a car, hopefully one with a full tank.”
[2009/11/03 00:21:23] <Crandal> ((the most scary thing for a player? The Gm muttering ‘interesting’ while scribbling something behind the gm screen))
[2009/11/03 00:21:24] <Erika> “What happened to Kaed, by the way?”
[2009/11/03 00:21:36] <Riley> ((mr crowley = WIN@E 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN AND 2 5LB WEIGHE 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN AND 2 5LB WEIGHTS?E 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN((mr crowley =WIN!!))
[2009/11/03 00:21:52] <Riley> WHOA! sorry dont know what happened there.
[2009/11/03 00:22:46] <Erika> “Alright, here’s my idea.”
[2009/11/03 00:24:05] <Narrator> the zombies start to push against the gate again, randomly yanking and pushing on the gate
[2009/11/03 00:24:17] <Narrator> one of the zombies catches your eye
[2009/11/03 00:24:35] <Narrator> he is wearing gang colors with his hat sideways
[2009/11/03 00:24:59] <Narrator> he seems to smile and you could swear he just winked at you as he slammed into the gate
[2009/11/03 00:25:07] * Crandal pokes the eye out with a long stick from one of the shelves
[2009/11/03 00:25:21] <Erika> (…)
[2009/11/03 00:25:24] <Erika> >
[2009/11/03 00:25:39] <Erika> (Piece of crap erased my idea just as I finished it.)
[2009/11/03 00:25:52] <Crandal> ((lol))
[2009/11/03 00:26:12] <Crandal> ((so, boom, smoke, run, car?))
[2009/11/03 00:27:21] <Narrator> you hear the steady pounding of rain on the mall roof
[2009/11/03 00:27:32] <Erika> “We’ll soak one of the thermite sticks and the wick in alcohol, which will function as a wick, leading to the back of the store. Under the Thermite will be one NO2 tank. This mess will be at the front door. Afterwards comes the Steam Screen and we’ll make a break for it.”
[2009/11/03 00:27:57] <Narrator> out in the hall you see several places where the rain is dripping through
[2009/11/03 00:28:00] <Erika> “Is there any way we can open the door from the back of the store?”
[2009/11/03 00:28:19] <Crandal> “Set a couple of the oxygen tanks with the nitrous, bigger boom.”
[2009/11/03 00:28:41] <Crandal> “I think the explosion will take care of that Erika.”
[2009/11/03 00:29:11] <Erika> “I don’t know which is better, setting the door flying or leaving the doors there and letting the hoarde be in the middle of it.”
[2009/11/03 00:29:46] <Narrator> the mall starts to get cold as the storm gets worse.
[2009/11/03 00:29:54] <Crandal> “Since we don’t have any real direct control on when it will explode, I say leave the door down, they may get to us before it explodes the other way.”
[2009/11/03 00:30:01] * Erika looks for an umbrella in the meantime.
[2009/11/03 00:30:12] <Erika> “Yeah, point.”
[2009/11/03 00:30:16] <Narrator> as you discuss your plan the gate actually pitches forward an inch with a screech!
[2009/11/03 00:30:32] <Erika> “Okay, that’s our cue!”
[2009/11/03 00:30:33] <Narrator> ( Crandal – your not very sneaky
[2009/11/03 00:30:37] <Crandal> “And I’d say that’s our cue.”
[2009/11/03 00:30:42] <Erika> “Begin Operation Greater Conflageration!”
[2009/11/03 00:30:53] <Crandal> ((not had a chance yet.))
[2009/11/03 00:31:16] <Crandal> “Next time…he gets to pick the name of the plan.”
[2009/11/03 00:31:20] <Narrator> (but you are talking about explosives and charges and …
[2009/11/03 00:31:38] <Crandal> ((and I’m a redneck, we like making things go boom))
[2009/11/03 00:31:52] * Erika takes the needed goods and sets them up. NO2 on top of Oxy-Cans with thermite on top with a stream of alcohol running up to the wick.
[2009/11/03 00:32:17] * Erika hands the DI-Bomb Stuff to Cran.
[2009/11/03 00:32:28] <Erika> “You set off the cover, I’ll work the boom.”
[2009/11/03 00:32:39] * Crandal makes sure there’s as many walls between us and the explosion
[2009/11/03 00:33:01] * Crandal begins making some salt water in several large basins and gets ready to drop the dry-ice into them
[2009/11/03 00:33:08] <Narrator> off in the distance you can hear a siren begin to wail
[2009/11/03 00:33:21] <Erika> “…The hell?”
[2009/11/03 00:33:33] <Riley> “what is that?!?”
[2009/11/03 00:33:53] <Crandal> “Great, another smart one.”
[2009/11/03 00:33:53] <Erika> “Forget it, we’ll deal with that AFTER we blow this joint, literally.”
[2009/11/03 00:33:54] <Narrator> the rain seems to have stopped, but it is getting a lot colder
[2009/11/03 00:34:22] <Erika> “All ready?”
[2009/11/03 00:34:27] <Riley> ‘CHECK
[2009/11/03 00:34:38] <Crandal> “Lets light this candle.”
[2009/11/03 00:34:42] <Narrator> (6d6 erika, 3d6 Crandal
[2009/11/03 00:34:58] <Narrator> (+2 each
[2009/11/03 00:35:07] <Crandal> ((why not 6d6? smoke screen and all))
[2009/11/03 00:35:14] <Crandal> 3d6
[2009/11/03 00:35:15] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 3D6: 4 4 3 = 11
[2009/11/03 00:35:18] <Erika> 6d6
[2009/11/03 00:35:19] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 6D6: 3 3 5 5 3 2 = 21
[2009/11/03 00:35:22] <Narrator> blowing things up is not sneaky
[2009/11/03 00:35:24] <Crandal> ((>.<))
[2009/11/03 00:35:29] <Erika> (He’s not, I am.)
[2009/11/03 00:35:36] <Crandal> ((I’m not making boom, just making smoke screne))
[2009/11/03 00:35:37] <Erika> (He’s makin’ a smoke screen.)
[2009/11/03 00:35:47] <Narrator> ah okay 6
[2009/11/03 00:35:53] <Crandal> 3d6
[2009/11/03 00:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/03 00:35:56] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 3D6: 2 5 4 = 11
[2009/11/03 00:35:57] <Erika> (And since “Zombies Burn…”)
[2009/11/03 00:36:06] <Erika> “I have two successes.”
[2009/11/03 00:36:09] <Crandal> ((phew, 2 non fear successes))
[2009/11/03 00:36:11] <Narrator> well supply pool 3 zombie clock 3
[2009/11/03 00:36:11] <Erika> ()*
[2009/11/03 00:36:24] <Narrator> oh right +3 erika
[2009/11/03 00:36:38] <Narrator> narrate away
[2009/11/03 00:36:42] <Erika> “Remember, don’t try this at home.”
[2009/11/03 00:36:43] <Crandal> ((erika has a bunch of successes then))
[2009/11/03 00:36:56] <Crandal> “What home?”
[2009/11/03 00:37:28] * Erika draws her lighter, flips the top, generates ignition and the moment they’d all been waiting for began.
[2009/11/03 00:37:32] * Crandal drops the dry-ice into the basins of salt water and covers his mouth, it may only be a fog, but it’s still damn cold and just carbon dioxide
[2009/11/03 00:38:14] * Erika watches as the flame carried across the alcohol, up the cans, across the tank engulfing the stick, lighting the magnesium.
[2009/11/03 00:38:19] <Erika> “Show time.”
[2009/11/03 00:38:44] <Narrator> (dogs and cats living together it’ll be anarchy…
[2009/11/03 00:38:54] <Riley> “what are we waiting for?”
[2009/11/03 00:39:33] <Narrator> the noise is nearly deafening
[2009/11/03 00:39:52] <Crandal> ((for the thermite to make the tanks go boom))
[2009/11/03 00:40:23] <Riley> “Lets get out of here”
[2009/11/03 00:40:30] <Narrator> the inrush on air toward the blast pulls at your clothes
[2009/11/03 00:40:34] * Erika throws her arms around her companions as she hits the deck while what can only be described as ‘FSSSHHHHHHHBAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM’ as the sequence of pyrotechnics went off in such a display that indeed the doors blasted forward paving one hell of a path in front of them. At the end of it all, the area looked pretty clean, other than a very charred look and the fact that some things were on fire now.
[2009/11/03 00:41:07] <Narrator> the gate is open ;)
[2009/11/03 00:41:26] <Erika> “Well Adam, I think the Thermie worked.”
[2009/11/03 00:41:35] * Erika adjusts an imaginary beret.
[2009/11/03 00:41:43] <Erika> Thermite*
[2009/11/03 00:41:46] * Crandal watches as the fog generated from the dryice and saltwater begins to fill the area that used to be the gate.
[2009/11/03 00:41:55] <Crandal> “Time to go before the fog disipates.”
[2009/11/03 00:42:09] * Erika grabs her pipe, sticks and other junk and heads out.
[2009/11/03 00:42:36] <Narrator> even in the heat of the blast and fire you can just catch the wisp of your breath in the cold air
[2009/11/03 00:42:41] <Riley> ?me follows the others.
[2009/11/03 00:42:44] * Crandal makes sure the revolver isn’t half-cocked and heads out, sticking to the walls and behind anything that’s there
[2009/11/03 00:43:44] <Erika> “Cran.”
[2009/11/03 00:43:57] <Crandal> “What?”
[2009/11/03 00:44:01] <Erika> “Slink around here, see if there are any cars, preferably some sleak, black ones.”
[2009/11/03 00:44:03] <Narrator> (you’ve pretty much obliterated anything IN the mall. continue narrating I’ll pop in when you meet more undead
[2009/11/03 00:44:11] * Riley ready’s his bad and the tire iron knocking the head of anything that looks threatening.
[2009/11/03 00:44:38] <Narrator> you can still hear the siren wailing
[2009/11/03 00:44:53] * Erika admires her handywork with a single-note whistle.
[2009/11/03 00:44:57] <Riley> “who popped that bloody siren?”
[2009/11/03 00:45:00] <Narrator> you start to guess why it is suddenly so cold
[2009/11/03 00:45:10] <Erika> “Shit…”
[2009/11/03 00:45:35] <Crandal> “Fuck me sideways.”
[2009/11/03 00:45:45] <Erika> “Riley, got anything that could pin one of those Berserkers in place?”
[2009/11/03 00:46:08] <Narrator> BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
[2009/11/03 00:46:13] <Narrator> behind you the last bit of the second floor collapses in a heap
[2009/11/03 00:46:24] <Erika> “Holy ass!”
[2009/11/03 00:46:49] <Riley> “EFF ME RUNNING!!”
[2009/11/03 00:47:05] * Riley thinks
[2009/11/03 00:47:27] <Narrator> the mall is still strangely quiet except for your panting breaths, the distant siren and the crackle of the fire you set
[2009/11/03 00:47:45] <Erika> “Screw a car, let’s beat it.”
[2009/11/03 00:47:57] <Narrator> (***Riley thinks <- only 3 Dice to think
[2009/11/03 00:48:04] <Erika> (lol)
[2009/11/03 00:48:22] <Riley> 3d6
[2009/11/03 00:48:25] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 3D6: 1 1 6 = 8
[2009/11/03 00:48:27] <Riley> ((LOL))
[2009/11/03 00:48:30] <Erika> (lolol)
[2009/11/03 00:48:35] * Crandal looks around and ducks inside an open build-a-bear workshop
[2009/11/03 00:48:41] <Riley> ((nearly failed and thinking))
[2009/11/03 00:49:00] <Narrator> the mall entrance is just ahead. outside you see something that makes your heart sink
[2009/11/03 00:49:02] * Erika takes cover with Cran.
[2009/11/03 00:49:06] <Riley> “great.  we can love them todeath with a stuffed penguin
[2009/11/03 00:49:19] <Riley> ?me ducks in with the others.
[2009/11/03 00:49:22] <Narrator> pushing up against the doors is something scary
[2009/11/03 00:49:28] * Erika whispers to Cran.
[2009/11/03 00:49:41] <Erika> “I have an idea, get that flamer ready.”
[2009/11/03 00:49:49] <Riley> “ok sitrep and brainstorm”
[2009/11/03 00:49:49] <Erika> “But keep under cover.”
[2009/11/03 00:50:06] <Narrator> a foot high snow drift has piled up
[2009/11/03 00:50:23] <Erika> “Oh hell…”
[2009/11/03 00:50:26] <Narrator> the glass is starting to frost over
[2009/11/03 00:51:05] <Riley> “k folks. Dont take a genius to realize this is not the place to be!”
[2009/11/03 00:51:18] * Crandal pumps the supersoaker before holding it in one hand and the revolver in the other
[2009/11/03 00:51:36] <Erika> “Yeah, but the question is, is that natural… or is that the fault of one of these maggots…?”
[2009/11/03 00:51:39] <Narrator> a cold wind blows down the mall hallway
[2009/11/03 00:51:51] * Riley Grips the bad tighter and readies the chain in the other hand.
[2009/11/03 00:52:07] <Narrator> (I assume you have reasonably warm clothing)
[2009/11/03 00:52:10] <Riley> “may as well have a grappling weapon.”
[2009/11/03 00:52:19] <Crandal> “I would say it’s not natural.”
[2009/11/03 00:52:33] <Erika> (Erika is still wearin’ her body-tight T-Shirt and Blue Jeans.)
[2009/11/03 00:52:49] <Riley> “no matter what it isnt natural”
[2009/11/03 00:52:59] <Narrator> the wind dies off and then rushes back into your faces a moment later
[2009/11/03 00:53:05] <Erika> “Stay here you two….”
[2009/11/03 00:53:28] * Erika takes a deep breath and walks into the middle of the mall, facing the door.
[2009/11/03 00:53:42] <Narrator> you hear a dull thumb that echoes through the mall then another then 3 in succession
[2009/11/03 00:54:01] * Erika pulls out a Therm-stick and the zippo.
[2009/11/03 00:54:51] <Narrator> the mall lights flicker to life for a moment and then fall back to darkness. the cold wind returns ruffling your hair
[2009/11/03 00:55:46] <Erika> “I know you’re coming here.”
[2009/11/03 00:55:51] <Narrator> A lone zombie steps into view at the far end of the hallway. she is covered with snow
[2009/11/03 00:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 01:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step!
[2009/11/03 00:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 01:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one!
[2009/11/03 00:56:01] <Erika> “Let’s get this dance over with.”
[2009/11/03 00:56:20] <Narrator> supply 2 zombie clock 4
[2009/11/03 00:56:46] <Narrator> starting…
[2009/11/03 00:57:04] <Narrator> the cold wind starts again and picks up strength
[2009/11/03 00:57:25] <Narrator> the lone zombie shuffles slowly nearer
[2009/11/03 00:57:42] * Erika takes a couple steps back.
[2009/11/03 00:57:44] <Narrator> glass shatters and the siren gets louder.
[2009/11/03 00:57:49] <Narrator> the wind gets stronger
[2009/11/03 00:58:09] * Erika waits until she begins to pass by where Cran is hiding.
[2009/11/03 00:58:18] <Erika> “Well, aren’t you special.”
[2009/11/03 00:58:27] <Erika> “You make it cold, good for you.”
[2009/11/03 00:58:37] <Narrator> the pounding niose hits again. once, twice
[2009/11/03 00:58:44] <Erika> “So, can you talk, like that buddy of your’s I crushed?”
[2009/11/03 00:59:02] <Erika> “Or is making it cold all you can do?’
[2009/11/03 00:59:25] <Narrator> a screeching metal sound breaks the silence and the howls ofn the dead
[2009/11/03 00:59:25] <Crandal> “I don’t think that’s the one doing it……”
[2009/11/03 00:59:32] <Narrator> asail you
[2009/11/03 01:00:03] <Narrator> the snow in front of the doors is stomped flat and they doors fly open
[2009/11/03 01:00:10] <Narrator> THEY ARE HEAR!
[2009/11/03 01:00:13] * Riley begins affixing the weights to the end of the chain.
[2009/11/03 01:00:25] <Narrator> masses of dead bodeis are crepping throught eh door.
[2009/11/03 01:00:35] <Narrator> more are behind the lone woman
[2009/11/03 01:00:43] <Narrator> (zombie clock restes to zero
[2009/11/03 01:00:52] <Erika> “What the f….”
[2009/11/03 01:01:20] * Crandal sticks behind the wall of the shop
[2009/11/03 01:01:23] <Crandal> 6d6
[2009/11/03 01:01:26] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 6D6: 6 3 4 5 4 1 = 23
[2009/11/03 01:01:52] <Narrator> behind you- between the lone woman and you a mass of bodies starts to tumble from the second floor
[2009/11/03 01:02:21] <Narrator> the first bodies hit the floor in a horrible splatter
[2009/11/03 01:02:24] <Erika> “Oh… HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL!”
[2009/11/03 01:02:38] <Riley> “SCREWBEANS!  we gotta get our OF HEAR!
[2009/11/03 01:02:49] <Narrator> slowly building a sft landing for the ones behind
[2009/11/03 01:02:56] * Crandal sets the oxygen tank on the floor and knocks the nozel off the end of it, sending it flying straight at the lone woman. As the canister flys across the mall, Crandal rushes into another shop, one with 2 entrances to the mall proper, and begins spraying the babies down with the flamethrower.
[2009/11/03 01:03:12] * Erika begins to take action!
[2009/11/03 01:03:15] <Narrator> (not sneaky? 3dice
[2009/11/03 01:03:27] <Erika> 6d6
[2009/11/03 01:03:28] <Narrator> oops 2
[2009/11/03 01:03:31] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 6D6: 5 3 1 4 2 5 = 20
[2009/11/03 01:03:40] <Crandal> ((he’s hiding, as soon as things start comming to him he hightails it out through the other entrance))
[2009/11/03 01:03:48] <Erika> (Two non-fear successes.)
[2009/11/03 01:03:56] <Narrator> so you are popping the cannister and running?
[2009/11/03 01:04:02] <Narrator> then 6
[2009/11/03 01:04:28] <Riley> 6d6
[2009/11/03 01:04:30] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 2 4 3 2 6 5 = 22
[2009/11/03 01:04:36] <Crandal> ((yeah, poped from where he was, then moved and sprayed with flamethrower, ready to run again))
[2009/11/03 01:04:42] <Crandal> ((already got 3 successes, non fear))
[2009/11/03 01:04:49] <Narrator> narrate away
[2009/11/03 01:04:52] <Narrator> riley?
[2009/11/03 01:05:49] <Riley> ((sorry was getting a drink really fast))
[2009/11/03 01:06:24] <Narrator> the wind is starting to blow the snow into the main mall hallway
[2009/11/03 01:06:27] * Erika lights the thermite stick, puts away the zippo, pulls out her Pipe, tosses the stick up and grand-slams the stick from the bottom side straight into the female zombie, knocking her back towards the Oxycan, the thermite igniting as she lands on the can, carving it’s way through her and setting off the can, blowing her and a ton of the forward bastards back to where they came from.
[2009/11/03 01:07:41] <Narrator> (would that ruin your pipe? I’m still thermite novice – and AWESOME!
[2009/11/03 01:08:05] <Crandal> ((didn’t contact it long enough))
[2009/11/03 01:08:10] <Narrator> (kk
[2009/11/03 01:08:11] <Erika> (No, the thermite wasn’t ignited by that point. It only smacked againsted a thick plastic bottom.)
[2009/11/03 01:08:36] <Riley> “didnt leave much to do there did ya? oh well at least its down”
[2009/11/03 01:08:50] <Narrator> (with that kind of story and success I’d only take the pipe away if you wanted it to go away
[2009/11/03 01:09:07] <Erika> “Shut up with yer complaining and help me out here!”
[2009/11/03 01:09:20] <Erika> (lol)
[2009/11/03 01:09:39] <Riley> ‘Whats left? we run!”
[2009/11/03 01:10:00] <Erika> ( Narrator, how many are elft on each side?)
[2009/11/03 01:10:05] <Erika> (left*)
[2009/11/03 01:10:12] <Narrator> one of the mobs is in flaming tatters, the other is struggling through the therminte and the last is getting closer
[2009/11/03 01:10:38] <Riley> 6d6
[2009/11/03 01:10:40] <Narrator> (hey are still pouring from the ceiling but need to rebuild their  landing pad
[2009/11/03 01:10:41] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 2 5 4 3 1 5 = 20
[2009/11/03 01:10:55] <Narrator> 1 non fear success
[2009/11/03 01:10:55] <Crandal> ((and with that I’ve gotta call it a night, thanks for the game))
[2009/11/03 01:11:15] <Narrator> thanks much the second half went much better than the first I think

[2009/11/02 20:50:36] <Narrator> igor! start the log![2009/11/02 20:50:41] <Arle> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 20:50:42] <LadyLuck> Arle: 12 (3, 4, 4, 1) [4d6][2009/11/02 20:50:47] <Arle> Bah.[2009/11/02 20:51:00] <jeffszusz> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 20:51:01] <LadyLuck> jeffszusz: 16 (6, 4, 4, 2) [4d6][2009/11/02 20:51:05] <Narrator> you need 3 Keaden[2009/11/02 20:51:24] <Narrator> okay 1 supply, zero zombie clock[2009/11/02 20:51:38] <jeffszusz> i need 3 what?[2009/11/02 20:52:06] <Narrator> edit that out I was using the sanctuary rules[2009/11/02 20:52:31] <Narrator> carp… 5 minutes please need to parent.[2009/11/02 20:53:06] @ Arle is now known as Erika[2009/11/02 20:53:38] <jeffszusz> i asked if anyone from #s-run on another network is interested[2009/11/02 20:54:43] <jeffszusz> got a guy willing to join in about 35 mins[2009/11/02 20:54:51] <jeffszusz> when he gets home from work[2009/11/02 20:55:04] <Narrator> kk we’ll start and he can join in after[2009/11/02 20:55:16] <jeffszusz> that’s what i told him[2009/11/02 20:55:18] <Narrator> I’ll have to pop out again in about 5 minutes[2009/11/02 20:55:33] <Narrator> okay let’s start[2009/11/02 20:56:41] <Erika> (Jeff, nick)[2009/11/02 20:56:58] <Narrator> you are inside the garage in a residential street. the overhead door is dented and now there are gaping holes in it that the zombies are reaching through.[2009/11/02 20:57:14] @ jeffszusz is now known as Kaeden_Everett[2009/11/02 20:57:16] <Kaeden_Everett> sorry[2009/11/02 20:57:35] <Narrator> Erika finishes the last of the beef jerky and stares at the door[2009/11/02 20:57:41] <Erika> (Er, Pops, is this a sub-arc, or pickin’ up after we left off?)[2009/11/02 20:57:45] <Kaeden_Everett> (how much freedom do i haev to declare what i can grab and use as a weapon?)[2009/11/02 20:58:02] <Narrator> the mass of rotting flesh pushes against the door – clawing towards your flesh.[2009/11/02 20:58:52] <Narrator> (you have nearly limitless narrative control but you need a success to take it. I also allow you to narrate saving the other players the more successes the more lenient I am in saving others.[2009/11/02 20:59:29] <Narrator> (lets say it is picking up but you split from the original group. you are about 3 blocks from the hospital[2009/11/02 20:59:35] <Kaeden_Everett> (do i roll first or narrate first?)[2009/11/02 21:00:00] <Narrator> (give a basic idea of what you are trying – roll then fill in the success or I fill in the fail[2009/11/02 21:01:12] <Narrator> with a sickening tear one of the zombies rips part of the garage door, cutting off her own arm above the elbow in the process[2009/11/02 21:01:16] <Kaeden_Everett> is there a vehicle in here?[2009/11/02 21:01:34] <Narrator> (might be… roll and narrate ;)[2009/11/02 21:01:49] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 21:01:50] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 17 (1, 6, 6, 4) [4d6][2009/11/02 21:01:55] <Narrator> (or wait and I’ll fill in the details myself :)[2009/11/02 21:02:02] <Narrator> (non fear success[2009/11/02 21:02:16] <Kaeden_Everett> (which die is fear?)[2009/11/02 21:02:18] * Erika charges through the husks to reach for the pipe she just noticed by the door.[2009/11/02 21:02:23] <Erika> (The first one)[2009/11/02 21:02:52] <Narrator> (forgot I never sent you the txt… dice are fear first, regular and bonus. you should also roll 5 as there are 2 of you[2009/11/02 21:03:11] <Kaeden_Everett> (can i roll my fifth in case i get another success?)[2009/11/02 21:03:24] <Erika> (No need, I think)[2009/11/02 21:03:27] <Narrator> (you can but yo already have the narration[2009/11/02 21:03:58] <Kaeden_Everett> I get the ford f150 started and shout, “Now that’s what i’m TALKING about!”[2009/11/02 21:04:31] <Narrator> The mob starts to reach through the new hole in the garage door. howling louder they sense a new meal is near[2009/11/02 21:04:34] <Erika> *roll5d6[2009/11/02 21:04:37] <Erika> *roll 5d6[2009/11/02 21:04:38] <LadyLuck> Erika: 17 (2, 6, 4, 2, 3) [5d6][2009/11/02 21:04:49] <Narrator> (non fear success[2009/11/02 21:05:26] <Narrator> (remember to try work your type into the narration[2009/11/02 21:05:33] <Kaeden_Everett> “You riding up front or playing tee-ball from the back?”[2009/11/02 21:05:35] * Kaeden_Everett guns the engine[2009/11/02 21:05:51] * Erika pulls off her stunt just as planned, pummeling the wretches into pulp as she reaches the pipe and proceeds to lay into them pretty heavily as she dives into the passenger side of the vehicle.[2009/11/02 21:05:58] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6c6[2009/11/02 21:05:59] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 0 (4, 4, 5, 1, 3) [5d6, c6][2009/11/02 21:06:09] <Kaeden_Everett> ouch, no garage door opener[2009/11/02 21:06:23] <Erika> (Ye don’t narrate on a non-6.)[2009/11/02 21:06:38] <Kaeden_Everett> sorry – then i was rolling tos ee if there was one[2009/11/02 21:07:32] <Narrator> The side door and the tool chest blocking it slam into the side of the truck as the mob caves in the doors. The chest breaks the drivers side window and put a large dent in the door.[2009/11/02 21:08:00] <Narrator> The windshield has a nasty crack in it but you manage to back out of the garage through the door and the zombies.[2009/11/02 21:08:21] <Erika> “Nice one, book-smarts.”[2009/11/02 21:08:23] <Narrator> unfortunately several zombies arein the box of the pickup[2009/11/02 21:08:35] <Narrator> clawing at the back windows[2009/11/02 21:08:38] <Kaeden_Everett> Uh oh. I try some Evasive maneuvers?[2009/11/02 21:08:42] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6[2009/11/02 21:08:43] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 14 (1, 2, 3, 6, 2) [5d6][2009/11/02 21:08:50] <Narrator> (non fear success[2009/11/02 21:09:26] <Kaeden_Everett> driving backward REALLY fast, i hit the breaks and the zombies go flying out the back of the truck bed.[2009/11/02 21:10:05] <Narrator> (remember you can narrate more than the one action – down the back alley and into the main street etc.[2009/11/02 21:10:28] <Narrator> (I’m going to have to go tuck the tyke in soon. as such I will ignore first Zombie clock[2009/11/02 21:11:13] <Narrator> The zombies spatter on the street throwing gore over the sidewalk and destroying a nice picket fence[2009/11/02 21:11:19] <Kaeden_Everett> okay, I drive down the side-street with plans to get out of the city; I head in the direction of the nearest small highway[2009/11/02 21:12:03] <Kaeden_Everett> “I’ve only been in (city name) for a week. Any ideas where we should go?”[2009/11/02 21:12:43] <Narrator> The truck flies down the side street toward the denny’s and the hospital. only a few zombies are stumbling on te street and on the lawns nearby.[2009/11/02 21:12:49] <Erika> “Not a clue, I’m only here on a photo shoot.”[2009/11/02 21:12:58] <Narrator> You can faintly hear the barking of a roitweiller[2009/11/02 21:13:29] * Erika holds the pipe tightly, the body-builder twitches at the sound of the dog.[2009/11/02 21:14:18] <Narrator> Zombies are starting to shuffle into the street behind you! Ahead is the hospital parking lot…. left toward denny’s right toward the car lot?[2009/11/02 21:14:20] <Erika> “Ugh, that worthless idiot…”[2009/11/02 21:14:32] <Narrator> (but she was right?[2009/11/02 21:15:23] <Narrator> The sun is reflecting off the hood of the truck and it is hard to see with the cracks in the windshield…[2009/11/02 21:15:27] <Erika> “I just came from the Hospital not long ago, don’t go there.”[2009/11/02 21:15:28] <Narrator> (biab[2009/11/02 21:15:48] <Kaeden_Everett> “Should we risk getting a new car?”[2009/11/02 21:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 21:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 21:16:24] <Erika> “Screw that.”[2009/11/02 21:16:45] * Erika takes her pipe and smashes the rest of the windshield.[2009/11/02 21:17:01] <Kaeden_Everett> Good plan. (do I have my iphone with GPS on me?)[2009/11/02 21:17:05] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6[2009/11/02 21:17:06] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 17 (3, 2, 6, 2, 4) [5d6][2009/11/02 21:18:02] <Kaeden_Everett> I whip out my iphone and check the Maps app for the highway. It’s to the left, past the Denny’s by several blocks.[2009/11/02 21:18:24] <Kaeden_Everett> We head that way, zombies trailing behind us, going as fast as we can with no windshield[2009/11/02 21:18:36] <Kaeden_Everett> (how much can i even narrate?)[2009/11/02 21:21:26] <Narrator> (kids can’t live with them – arrested if you put them in a cage ;)[2009/11/02 21:21:37] <Narrator> (how much – a lot. it is your story[2009/11/02 21:21:50] <Kaeden_Everett> i mean per roll[2009/11/02 21:22:03] <Narrator> (so did I[2009/11/02 21:22:07] <Kaeden_Everett> hm ok[2009/11/02 21:22:30] <Narrator> (every 10 minites – 20 in our case is supposed to be a full day[2009/11/02 21:22:40] <Kaeden_Everett> oh, damn. okay then[2009/11/02 21:23:17] <Kaeden_Everett> we travel down the highway, nudging cars out of the way when we have to, running over zombies and hitting them with our doors etc.[2009/11/02 21:23:24] @ techno65535 joined channel #Fate[2009/11/02 21:23:31] <Kaeden_Everett> (there he is!)[2009/11/02 21:24:05] <techno65535> ((what ones are free?))[2009/11/02 21:24:23] <Narrator> (hi techno65535 I need a character name and a survivor type to start. strong, fast, sneaky, helpless[2009/11/02 21:25:00] @ techno65535 is now known as Crandal[2009/11/02 21:25:05] * Crandal sneaks[2009/11/02 21:25:52] <Kaeden_Everett> Erika and I are going as fast as we can down a smaller highway with no windshield in our pickup, nudging any stopped vehicles and running over any zombies[2009/11/02 21:25:56] <Kaeden_Everett> just so you know[2009/11/02 21:26:02] <Narrator> as you get farther from down town the highway gets more and more congested you have to go slower to find paths through the abandoned cars and multicar wrecks[2009/11/02 21:26:36] <Narrator> ( Crandal feel free to roll and narrate yourself in anytime if you don’t want to wait for me ;)[2009/11/02 21:26:37] <Crandal> ((you’re in a pickup……go off-road ;) ))[2009/11/02 21:27:22] <Kaeden_Everett> (damn. Farm country, are we in?)[2009/11/02 21:28:00] <Kaeden_Everett> (or still city?)[2009/11/02 21:28:16] <Narrator> still city[2009/11/02 21:29:00] <Kaeden_Everett> in that case i keep my eyes open for a vehicle that might have an easier time of navigating the abandoned traffic.[2009/11/02 21:29:04] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6[2009/11/02 21:29:05] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 19 (2, 2, 6, 6, 3) [5d6][2009/11/02 21:29:14] <Narrator> (non fear success[2009/11/02 21:29:47] <Crandal> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 21:29:48] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 14 (1, 3, 5, 5) [4d6][2009/11/02 21:29:50] <Kaeden_Everett> I spot a black hum-vee with a plow on the front. the side is painted with a number 3[2009/11/02 21:30:09] <Crandal> ((you saw zombie land recently didn’t you?))[2009/11/02 21:30:20] <Kaeden_Everett> ((just wanted to test and see who else had!))[2009/11/02 21:30:33] * Crandal continues to nap in the back of an abandoned Humvee.[2009/11/02 21:30:52] <Narrator> (oh no Crandal you don’t get to narrate failures :)[2009/11/02 21:30:59] <Kaeden_Everett> To Erika: “Check it out: a cow-catcher on a hummer”[2009/11/02 21:31:04] <Narrator> You start up the humvee and as you head toward a massive interchange there is a massive pileup of cars. the main road it completely blocked. a mass of undead climb and crawl over the vehicles searching for a meal…[2009/11/02 21:31:11] <Narrator> it looks like they have found one.[2009/11/02 21:31:11] <Crandal> ((just trying to get into it, didn’t say he was hidden very well))[2009/11/02 21:31:29] <Erika> “I don’t think Cows is what it’s caught.”[2009/11/02 21:31:35] <Narrator> a lone male is running along the merridian with a large group close at his heals[2009/11/02 21:31:52] <Narrator> the zombies are only feet from dragging him down[2009/11/02 21:32:02] <Erika> “See? Look, there’s a bull now.”[2009/11/02 21:32:10] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6[2009/11/02 21:32:11] <Narrator> (pump those legs Crandal[2009/11/02 21:32:11] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 14 (4, 5, 3, 1, 1) [5d6][2009/11/02 21:32:16] <Kaeden_Everett> gah![2009/11/02 21:32:21] <Narrator> (he he[2009/11/02 21:32:25] * Erika gets ready to save his bacon.[2009/11/02 21:32:34] <Erika> *roll 5d6[2009/11/02 21:32:35] <LadyLuck> Erika: 16 (3, 1, 6, 4, 2) [5d6][2009/11/02 21:32:44] <Crandal> “SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT! I knew I should have picked that other car to sleep in!”[2009/11/02 21:33:02] <Narrator> (one success to save 3 people… this better be a GOOD story ;)[2009/11/02 21:33:21] <Narrator> (remember erika you get a +1 for your pipe[2009/11/02 21:33:58] <Kaeden_Everett> (how long do i have to wait before i can try rolling again?)[2009/11/02 21:34:01] <Erika> *roll1d6[2009/11/02 21:34:04] <Erika> *roll 1d6[2009/11/02 21:34:05] <LadyLuck> Erika: 2 (2) [1d6][2009/11/02 21:34:08] <Erika> (lawl)[2009/11/02 21:34:15] <Erika> (anwyay…)[2009/11/02 21:34:26] <Narrator> (not 1 die +1 to each[2009/11/02 21:34:31] <Kaeden_Everett> the +1 from the pipe actually makes it so you succeed on fives, not one extra dice[2009/11/02 21:34:49] <Kaeden_Everett> (fiddly mechanic)[2009/11/02 21:35:23] <Kaeden_Everett> i’m going to try to get her into a good position…[2009/11/02 21:35:25] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 5d6[2009/11/02 21:35:26] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 21 (6, 2, 6, 3, 4) [5d6][2009/11/02 21:35:34] <Narrator> *roll 2d6+1[2009/11/02 21:35:35] <LadyLuck> Narrator: 3 (1, 1) [2d6, +1][2009/11/02 21:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 21:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 21:35:55] <Narrator> wait Kaeden_Everett Erika still has to narrate saving you or I get your brains[2009/11/02 21:36:10] <Narrator> (Erika – are you using your power?[2009/11/02 21:36:38] * Erika leaps out of the vehicles, steel pipe firmly in her muscular hand as she plows into the hoard behind the poor sap. She spots a lighter on the ground in the middle of her insane charge. She picks it up, thrusts her pipe into the fuel-intake for a nearby car, breaks the arm off of a zombie, rams it into the hole and sets the arm alight as she picks up the guy takes one last mighty swing at the hoard before charging back to the vehicle.[2009/11/02 21:36:40] <Kaeden_Everett> (oh she’s narrating to save me? this game is so strange. thought i failed trying to run the zombies over… and she was going to save Crandall…didn’t know i was in danger)[2009/11/02 21:36:54] <Erika> “FIRE IN THE HOLE!”[2009/11/02 21:37:18] <Narrator> (you fail – I get to tell the story… and I eat survivors ;)[2009/11/02 21:37:38] <Erika> (Did I get cut off at all?)[2009/11/02 21:37:45] <Narrator> (she has to save you both[2009/11/02 21:37:45] <Crandal> ((nope))[2009/11/02 21:38:02] <Narrator> (nice!…[2009/11/02 21:38:21] <Narrator> OErika pulls both of your asses out of the fire but….[2009/11/02 21:38:33] <Narrator> (erika power?[2009/11/02 21:38:46] <Erika> (Yeah.)[2009/11/02 21:38:55] <Kaeden_Everett> (what power?)[2009/11/02 21:39:08] <Narrator> Erika hauls Crandal into the back of the humvee and you pour on the gas getting ahead of the remaining smoldering mob[2009/11/02 21:39:17] <Erika> (Since I made it to a diary point, I gave myself an ability.)[2009/11/02 21:39:18] <Narrator> (Supplies 1 – Zombie clock 1[2009/11/02 21:39:39] <Crandal> ((diary point?))[2009/11/02 21:39:43] <Kaeden_Everett> (ahh. what’s your ability?)[2009/11/02 21:39:48] <Narrator> You are now safe but barrelling down the highway back towards downtown[2009/11/02 21:40:07] <Erika> (I get +1 when usin’ any kind of limited resource like fuel or ammo and I can opt to not deplete the supply counter when it may otherwise be dropped by one)[2009/11/02 21:40:39] <Erika> (So here, I still ahve the lighter and it still has fuel and our supplies didn’t drop.)[2009/11/02 21:40:49] <Erika> (have*)[2009/11/02 21:41:14] <Narrator> there is a distinct scent of fear in the cab as you swerve around vehicles[2009/11/02 21:41:25] <Kaeden_Everett> ((and now that there are three of us, we roll 6d6 anytime we use our specialties, or 2d6 if there’s no way to narrate our specialties into the situation; for example your sneakiness)[2009/11/02 21:41:36] <Narrator> (actually erika the lighter would not have cost you from suplies but Igor went off[2009/11/02 21:41:54] <Narrator> there is 1 point in supply pool any of you can use it for an extra dice.[2009/11/02 21:42:01] <Erika> (Pfft. )[2009/11/02 21:42:03] <Crandal> “Note to self, pick something with a top to sleep in next time……I’m Crandal.”[2009/11/02 21:42:07] <Narrator> (remember you roll 6 dice while there are 3 of you[2009/11/02 21:42:15] * Kaeden_Everett shakes Crandal’s hand[2009/11/02 21:42:23] * Kaeden_Everett puts his hand back on the wheel[2009/11/02 21:42:30] <Erika> “Erika. Don’t let the muscles fool you, I’m not idiot.”[2009/11/02 21:42:38] <Erika> no*[2009/11/02 21:42:46] <Narrator> You hear a loud rumble from behind the humvee[2009/11/02 21:42:48] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 6d6[2009/11/02 21:42:50] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 21 (5, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3) [6d6][2009/11/02 21:42:59] <Kaeden_Everett> (oh shittles)[2009/11/02 21:43:00] <Narrator> (he he[2009/11/02 21:43:00] <Crandal> “I don’t think an idiot would have used a car and a zombie arm as a molotov cocktail.”[2009/11/02 21:43:24] <Erika> “There’s a fine line between idiot and genius.”[2009/11/02 21:43:33] <Crandal> “So I’ve heard.”[2009/11/02 21:43:37] <Narrator> in the rear view mirror you see a… OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT! a 747 is crashing on the highway behind you[2009/11/02 21:43:47] <Kaeden_Everett> Gah![2009/11/02 21:44:02] <Narrator> the cars and roadway is literally exploding from the force.[2009/11/02 21:44:08] <Crandal> ((guessing the zombies just started taking over then if there’s still planes in the sky))[2009/11/02 21:44:15] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 6d6 to evade[2009/11/02 21:44:16] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 20 (3, 2, 3, 1, 5, 6) [6d6] –  to evade[2009/11/02 21:44:21] <Erika> “Could’ve done without that!”[2009/11/02 21:44:23] <Crandal> “Out of the frying pan and into the fire.”[2009/11/02 21:44:31] <Narrator> (you already failed :) I’m not done[2009/11/02 21:44:55] <Kaeden_Everett> (i’m so confused with this then)[2009/11/02 21:45:01] <Narrator> You slam the gas down and try to keep ahead. you start slamming into vehichles and the plane is getting closer.[2009/11/02 21:45:33] <Narrator> ( Kaeden_Everett you rolled up there  Kaeden_Everett: 21 (5, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3) [6d6] no sixes… I tell the story[2009/11/02 21:46:18] <Narrator> you get off the highway and bouce off a delivery truck spinning out of control as the plane finally comes to a stop.[2009/11/02 21:46:29] <Narrator> the himvee is in bad shape but should still run.[2009/11/02 21:46:33] <Kaeden_Everett> (and something changed… so i tried reacting. that’s where i’m confused. i can’t react?)[2009/11/02 21:46:36] <Narrator> You are in the parking lot of a strip mall[2009/11/02 21:47:02] <Crandal> ((and the plane’s likely full of zombies, otherwise it wouldn’t have crashed))[2009/11/02 21:47:03] <Narrator> (the thing that changed was in response to you failing the roll[2009/11/02 21:47:48] @ HopSing joined channel #Fate[2009/11/02 21:47:57] <Crandal> ((there he is))[2009/11/02 21:47:58] <Narrator> (this is a nasty nasty game. generally if you fail you die[2009/11/02 21:48:02] <Kaeden_Everett> (hmm ok. Im not sure what to do in this parking lot.))[2009/11/02 21:48:34] <Narrator> (anything you want now… I’ll try use > when I am not done with narration so you know I am still typing[2009/11/02 21:48:41] <Narrator> Hi HopSing[2009/11/02 21:49:12] <HopSing> hello[2009/11/02 21:49:41] <Kaeden_Everett> (i’m going to think about this on my way to the fridge to get a pickle.)[2009/11/02 21:49:42] <Narrator> there is a few zombies in the parking lot shambling toward the plane wreckage[2009/11/02 21:50:30] <Narrator> ( HopSing feel free to join in. all you need is a name and a survivor type (fast strong or helpless)[2009/11/02 21:50:46] <Crandal> “I may not know much about picking cars, but I’m pretty sure we don’t want to stay here.”[2009/11/02 21:51:04] <Erika> “I don’t disagree.”[2009/11/02 21:51:34] <Narrator> three zombies in safeway smocks start to stumble toward the humvee[2009/11/02 21:51:41] <Crandal> “Then why are we not moving?”[2009/11/02 21:51:49] <Crandal> ((safeway smocks?))[2009/11/02 21:51:55] <Kaeden_Everett> “Okay. Defense or maneuverability? There are some motorcycles over there, or we can keep this thing. but we need gas.”[2009/11/02 21:52:03] <Erika> (Safeway is a retail chain, I believe)[2009/11/02 21:52:04] <Narrator> (remember you can roll and narrate any time. I’ll just keep throwing things at you[2009/11/02 21:52:17] <Narrator> (safeway is a grocery chain[2009/11/02 21:52:26] <Erika> (Grocery, retail, whatever.)[2009/11/02 21:52:36] <Narrator> (you are relatively safe you can also try find sanctuary[2009/11/02 21:52:49] <Kaeden_Everett> Yes let’s try to find sanctuary[2009/11/02 21:52:50] <Narrator> (sorry I was typing while you posted[2009/11/02 21:52:55] <Erika> “I think we should deal with these. We’re near a grocery place, we’re going to need food.”[2009/11/02 21:53:03] <Narrator> (each roll 4d6, need 4 6’s[2009/11/02 21:53:17] <Crandal> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 21:53:18] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 16 (6, 3, 3, 4) [4d6][2009/11/02 21:53:19] <Erika> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 21:53:20] <LadyLuck> Erika: 9 (2, 1, 2, 4) [4d6][2009/11/02 21:53:26] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 21:53:27] @ HopSing is now known as Riley[2009/11/02 21:53:27] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 9 (4, 3, 1, 1) [4d6][2009/11/02 21:53:34] <Kaeden_Everett> damn[2009/11/02 21:53:35] <Crandal> ((…crap))[2009/11/02 21:54:36] <Kaeden_Everett> (what fresh hell shall be visited upon us next? Stay tuned!)[2009/11/02 21:54:51] <Narrator> sanctuary is just a roll to get more supplies no narration required[2009/11/02 21:55:04] <Narrator> you do not find sanctuary.[2009/11/02 21:55:43] <Narrator> (for those new to the game a 1 page summary http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2145650/shotgun_diaries_basic.txt%5B2009/11/02 21:55:45] <Crandal> “Well, if we’re gonna try and get food, I’d suggest we do it before those zombies get too close.”[2009/11/02 21:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 21:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step![2009/11/02 21:56:14] <Kaeden_Everett> “yeah, i’ll try to get us close to the safeway’s front door without being lunch.”[2009/11/02 21:56:19] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 6d6[2009/11/02 21:56:20] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 20 (4, 1, 4, 4, 2, 5) [6d6][2009/11/02 21:56:23] <Kaeden_Everett> GAH![2009/11/02 21:56:34] <Crandal> *roll 6d6[2009/11/02 21:56:35] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 21 (4, 5, 1, 4, 1, 6) [6d6][2009/11/02 21:56:36] <Narrator> one sec – we’ll forget that roll[2009/11/02 21:56:40] <Narrator> and that one[2009/11/02 21:56:44] <Crandal> ((ok))[2009/11/02 21:56:51] <Kaeden_Everett> okay, what’s up?[2009/11/02 21:56:57] <Narrator> this is  not quite “by the book” but we will pause here and write a diary entry[2009/11/02 21:57:18] <Narrator> we will pull riley into the group so he can participate too[2009/11/02 21:57:32] <Narrator> so Riley *roll 4d6 please[2009/11/02 21:57:42] <Riley> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 21:57:43] <LadyLuck> Riley: 16 (4, 5, 3, 4) [4d6][2009/11/02 21:57:51] <Narrator> no successes.[2009/11/02 21:58:44] <Narrator> You find a safe nook to park the humvee near the safeway but as you turn off the engine a lone male crashes through a window from the movie theatre[2009/11/02 21:58:57] <Kaeden_Everett> damn![2009/11/02 21:59:03] <Erika> “Hold on.”[2009/11/02 21:59:09] <Narrator> He falls and a zombie grabs his leg dragging him back[2009/11/02 21:59:22] <Erika> “He’s human.”[2009/11/02 21:59:25] <Narrator> now you can roll to save him[2009/11/02 21:59:32] <Narrator> (6d6[2009/11/02 22:00:04] <Crandal> *roll 6d6[2009/11/02 22:00:05] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 17 (1, 6, 1, 5, 3, 1) [6d6][2009/11/02 22:00:28] <Narrator> non fear success – crandal narrate the save working sneaking into it[2009/11/02 22:01:14] * Crandal slides out of the humvee and slinks around behind the zombie while picking up a piece of glass and leaps onto the zombie’s back while driving the glass up and into the skull by way of the jaw. He then lets the now re-dead corpse drop.[2009/11/02 22:01:55] <Narrator> okay now a diary entry. write down a diary entry. as long or short as you like.[2009/11/02 22:02:15] <Erika> (Might want to post mine as an example)[2009/11/02 22:02:17] <Narrator> letter to your bf/gf or your mom. grafitti on a wall.[2009/11/02 22:02:38] <Narrator> and in the entry you get to say ONE true thing. this will give someone a +1 in one situation[2009/11/02 22:02:50] <Kaeden_Everett> does it have to be us or someone else?[2009/11/02 22:02:53] <Kaeden_Everett> who gets the +1[2009/11/02 22:03:00] <Narrator> This is erikas from yesterday[2009/11/02 22:03:01] <Narrator> ‘So, I was having some pictures taken for the fitness magazine when the day was ruined by a bad movie plot. Now there’s zombies all around and I have no idea if they’re the Infectious type or the undead type. Either way, this sucks. I tried to get my agent’s M4, but I grabbed his antique Mauser by mistake and then I lost it after it ran out of ammo. The ammo thing surprised me more, really. I’m usually rather meticulous abou[2009/11/02 22:03:16] <Narrator> depends on what is true[2009/11/02 22:03:26] <Erika> Cut off.[2009/11/02 22:03:32] <Erika> ()*[2009/11/02 22:03:49] <Narrator>  the undead type. Either way, this sucks. I tried to get my agent’s M4, but I grabbed his antique Mauser by mistake and then I lost it after it ran out of ammo. The ammo thing surprised me more, really. _I’m usually rather meticulous aboutwhatresources I have and how to use them effectively._’[2009/11/02 22:04:18] <Erika> (Ye can’t tell because his client is ass, but there are underscores around the trait at the end.)[2009/11/02 22:04:48] <Narrator> if you say zombies burn well then everyone using fire gets +1. if you say I can pip the ace at 400 yards you get +1 with long ranged items[2009/11/02 22:04:56] <Crandal> Diary: Well, I was sleeping rather soundly in the back of a convertable mustang when I noticed that there were about 5 zombies looking over the front seats at me. So I start hauling ass down the road when some crazy chick decides to use a zombie arm as a candle wick, with a car gastank as the candle. At least the zombies aren’t about to eat my heels now. Seems I’ve picked up some baggage though,[2009/11/02 22:04:56] <Crandal> the people in the humvee who saved me and some random guy I just saved from a zombie with a piece of glass.[2009/11/02 22:05:00] <Erika> (Anyway, gonna write my new entry.)[2009/11/02 22:05:42] <Crandal> PS, Zombies make really good wicks[2009/11/02 22:05:55] <Crandal> ((aka they burn))[2009/11/02 22:06:23] <Narrator> so zombie make rally good wicks is your TRUE statement?[2009/11/02 22:06:36] <Crandal> ((round about way of saying they burn))[2009/11/02 22:07:34] <Narrator> okay I will allow +1 BUT you can’t use the +1 unless you already have some way to light them up you can’t find the source and burn them in the same roll[2009/11/02 22:07:38] <Narrator> anyone can use it[2009/11/02 22:08:46] <Narrator> and remember the clock is ticking[2009/11/02 22:09:26] <Erika> ‘So I split off from the group that insisted on hauling to worthless bitch around when all she did was cause trouble. I met up with some guy in a garage. He seems decent enough, but I also found a pretty sturdy pipe which was immensely useful. I’m glad that I’m as strong as I am. No way could I have punctured into a fuel intake with a pipe otherwise. _I don’t think there’s anyone else in this city able to pull off insane feats of strength like me._’[2009/11/02 22:09:48] <Erika> the worthless*[2009/11/02 22:10:31] <Erika> (So, +1 to creative uses of force)[2009/11/02 22:11:04] <Narrator> but you still need a weapon to trigger it[2009/11/02 22:11:06] <Crandal> ((for anyone?))[2009/11/02 22:11:12] <Narrator> no just for her[2009/11/02 22:11:16] <Erika> (I know.)[2009/11/02 22:11:30] <Narrator> kk it’s a go[2009/11/02 22:11:38] <Narrator> Kaeden_Everett? Riley?[2009/11/02 22:12:02] <Riley> ((DIARY?))[2009/11/02 22:12:11] <Narrator> yep[2009/11/02 22:12:12] <Riley> ((sorry 4 caps))[2009/11/02 22:12:44] <Erika> (There’s been multiple examples posted. Just write about what happened up to gettin’ knocked out of the movie theater.)[2009/11/02 22:12:48] <Kaeden_Everett> (can my 1 true thing be that i found a tool ?)[2009/11/02 22:13:13] <Erika> (That’s rather a waste.)[2009/11/02 22:13:37] <Narrator> (it would be better if you said I always seem to find a tool[2009/11/02 22:14:09] <Narrator> then you get +1 anytime you are looking for one and can find them as you need tehm[2009/11/02 22:14:53] <Kaeden_Everett> Dear Mom,[2009/11/02 22:14:53] <Kaeden_Everett> This vacation sucks. I hope there aren’t any zombies near you. Have you been feeding my fish?[2009/11/02 22:14:54] <Kaeden_Everett> I’ve met with a couple other survivors. We’re holed up in a safeway. I’ll try to make it home by the end of the week.[2009/11/02 22:14:54] <Kaeden_Everett> P.S. Apparently I have a lot of luck finding vehicles with lots of gasoline in the tank. Thank god! We would have bean toast if the pickup or Hum-Vee had been dry.[2009/11/02 22:15:07] <Kaeden_Everett> +1 anytime i’m looking for a vehicle with a full tank[2009/11/02 22:15:23] <Narrator> perfect[2009/11/02 22:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 22:16:21] <Narrator> you might want to start thinking of a really good plan because that means that the horde is coming ;)[2009/11/02 22:16:33] <Narrator> (erika power?[2009/11/02 22:16:45] <Erika> (Yeah.)[2009/11/02 22:16:46] <Kaeden_Everett> (my brain hurts from the late hour)[2009/11/02 22:17:10] <Narrator> (it gets better as you get comfortable and we start flowing better.[2009/11/02 22:17:18] <Kaeden_Everett> (is Kaeden dead if i leave for the night?)[2009/11/02 22:17:25] <Erika> (Nah.)[2009/11/02 22:17:31] <Narrator> supply pool 1 zombie clock 2[2009/11/02 22:17:44] <Crandal> ((well carp…))[2009/11/02 22:18:05] <Erika> (My power can delay that, but not indefinitely.)[2009/11/02 22:18:32] <Narrator> (erika keeps the supply at 1… the zc keeps going up[2009/11/02 22:19:41] <Kaeden_Everett> “You guys grab food. I’m going to try to find us a ride out of here.”[2009/11/02 22:19:47] <Narrator> the sun is about to set. you finish eating stale popcorn from the movie theatre and some cold suspect hot dogs.[2009/11/02 22:19:52] <Narrator> wait Kaeden_Everett[2009/11/02 22:19:56] <Narrator> horde event[2009/11/02 22:20:09] <Kaeden_Everett> oh ok[2009/11/02 22:20:22] <Narrator> the zombie clock is bigger than the supply pool[2009/11/02 22:20:45] <Riley> LOG: ok so as if yesterday didnt suck enough, i now have a nasty brown spot on my face from the hulking zonbie that, despite beinga  lumbering dickface,  managed to grab me and nearly succeded in its goals had it not been for this random coke bottle ninja.  Where did these things come from?  who cares at least I seem to be much stronger than the beasts.[2009/11/02 22:21:07] <Narrator> what is true?[2009/11/02 22:21:17] <Crandal> ((last line I’m thinking…))[2009/11/02 22:21:26] <Riley> yes[2009/11/02 22:21:34] <Narrator> he is the strong hero he already stronger than everyone[2009/11/02 22:22:03] <Riley> ((true.. never thought about it))[2009/11/02 22:22:23] <Narrator> add something and we’ll get back on track[2009/11/02 22:22:28] <Riley> (( well crap… ))[2009/11/02 22:22:33] <Narrator> The parking lot goes dark as a cloud blocks the sun -[2009/11/02 22:22:53] <Crandal> “I have a bad feeling……”[2009/11/02 22:23:10] <Erika> “Ugh. don’t you ever read Tropes?”[2009/11/02 22:23:15] <Kaeden_Everett> (Riley: how about “good thing i can take a fall” or something)[2009/11/02 22:23:55] <Kaeden_Everett> (or; nothing can stop me from finding a stiff drink – haha)[2009/11/02 22:23:56] <Narrator> that works[2009/11/02 22:24:00] <Erika> (Yeah, +1 for lastin’ out nasty falls.)[2009/11/02 22:24:07] <Erika> (Hahaha.)[2009/11/02 22:24:17] <Riley> LOG: ok so as if yesterday didnt suck enough, i now have a nasty brown spot on my face from the hulking zonbie that, despite beinga  lumbering dickface,  managed to grab me and nearly succeded in its goals had it not been for this random coke bottle ninja.  Where did these things come from?  who cares at least I can take my bumps in these battles.[2009/11/02 22:24:30] <Narrator> across the parking lot a massive zombie walks into the lot and stops. he seems to sniff the air and locks eyes on the doors to the movie theatre.[2009/11/02 22:24:47] * Erika grips her pipe.[2009/11/02 22:24:54] <Kaeden_Everett> ((gah! should’ve said “at least zombies don’t have a good sense of smell” ))[2009/11/02 22:25:06] <Riley> ((HA!))[2009/11/02 22:25:16] <Erika> “Here comes the gate-crashers…”[2009/11/02 22:25:16] <Crandal> “I think we should probably move some of those soda machines over to the doors.”[2009/11/02 22:25:33] <Narrator> He leans back and bellows “MEEEEEEEEAT!” and a mass of smaller zombies fly into the lot and toward the movie theatre[2009/11/02 22:25:41] <Riley> “anyform of barricade would be better than the current.”[2009/11/02 22:25:43] <Kaeden_Everett> “Shit.”[2009/11/02 22:25:54] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:25:55] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 22 (3, 1, 4, 2, 6, 5, 1) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:25:55] <Crandal> “Well, a talking zombie, that’s new.”[2009/11/02 22:25:55] <Erika> “Sounds good Cran. New guy, get those machines in front fo the doors!”[2009/11/02 22:26:03] <Narrator> (go ahead and roll away[2009/11/02 22:26:18] <Erika> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:26:19] <LadyLuck> Erika: 28 (4, 6, 6, 1, 4, 1, 6) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:26:26] <Erika> (Hooyah.)[2009/11/02 22:26:27] <Riley> “INtelligence is not a good thing folks!”[2009/11/02 22:26:31] <Narrator> (one success Keaden narrate away , 3 for erika[2009/11/02 22:26:36] <Crandal> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:26:37] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 20 (3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 6) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:26:45] <Narrator> (1 for crandel[2009/11/02 22:26:55] <Riley> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:26:56] <LadyLuck> Riley: 24 (6, 4, 1, 2, 2, 6, 3) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:27:06] <Narrator> (1 normal and 1 fear for riley[2009/11/02 22:27:21] <Erika> (Woohoo, nice start.)[2009/11/02 22:27:32] <Narrator> (narrate away  – I suggest going in order of the rolls[2009/11/02 22:27:34] * Riley moves the machines toward the door[2009/11/02 22:27:49] <Erika> (Kaeden goes first, then.)[2009/11/02 22:28:27] <Narrator> (remember you can be long gone form this site by the end of the narration[2009/11/02 22:28:44] <Erika> )Kaeden, get a car ready.)[2009/11/02 22:28:44] <Kaeden_Everett> Is it a big mall?[2009/11/02 22:28:49] <Erika> (*[2009/11/02 22:29:13] <Narrator> (you tell me – you get to narrate[2009/11/02 22:29:21] * Crandal runs into what used to be the manager’s office and after rummaging through the drawers finds an old revolver and some spare ammo. Trying to be as quiet as possible, he then makes his way into the second story and finds a place where he can fire on anything comming through the doors yet remain unseen.[2009/11/02 22:29:44] <Crandal> ((/me should read before hitting enter……))[2009/11/02 22:29:49] <Kaeden_Everett> Just outside the movie theatre there are several vehicles on display, carefully parked on mats. I find one with plenty of fuel in it and a clear path down the huge mall’s hallway.[2009/11/02 22:30:16] <Narrator> (crandal – you have a firearm you get +2 to rolls until you lose it[2009/11/02 22:30:45] * Kaeden_Everett waits in the getaway car for his fellows to join him when they’re ready[2009/11/02 22:32:20] * Crandal leaps over the railing, sliding hand down and grabbing the floor so he is hanging only a few feet above the ground before dropping the last 3 or 4 feet and runs for the vehicle that Kaeden has secured, “Shotgun!”[2009/11/02 22:32:39] * Erika turns to the new guy.[2009/11/02 22:32:44] <Narrator> (not very – sneaky ;)[2009/11/02 22:32:45] * Riley Finishes moving the machines only to notice that Kaeden_Everett has gotten a car. Why cant anything go right.?  HEY HOLD THAT THING THERE IM WITH YOU FOOL![2009/11/02 22:32:58] <Erika> “Come on.”[2009/11/02 22:33:27] * Riley jumps into the care “got a stereo?”[2009/11/02 22:34:02] <Riley> ((What kind of vehicle do we have?))[2009/11/02 22:34:19] * Kaeden_Everett locks the windows in a rolled-up position and makes sure the air isn’t circulating outside. “yeah but we’re going for quiet.” *pats the steering wheel of the hybrid honda*[2009/11/02 22:34:34] <Kaeden_Everett> (everyone in?)[2009/11/02 22:34:37] <Narrator> (you have a success you tell me what kind of car it is….[2009/11/02 22:35:03] <Narrator> (if you leave it to me you probably won’t like it ;)[2009/11/02 22:35:23] <Narrator> (I am thinking model t historical display ;)[2009/11/02 22:35:25] <Kaeden_Everett> *points* honda hybrid[2009/11/02 22:35:28] * Erika  slides her pipe under one of the vending machines and uses leverage to tip it over towards the outside, crushing a good number of mofoes in the procees. She follows this up by charging to the car, going Babe Ruth on anything that gets close, some zombie heads being knocked off their shoulders so hard, they fly into the heads of other zombies, resulting in double-kills.[2009/11/02 22:35:42] <Erika> process*[2009/11/02 22:35:43] <Kaeden_Everett> LOL[2009/11/02 22:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 22:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 22:35:56] <Narrator> (woot![2009/11/02 22:36:19] <Riley> The vehicle is a small fast Hatchback. with a rattling trunk area.[2009/11/02 22:36:22] <Narrator> supply pool 0 zombis clock 1[2009/11/02 22:36:38] <Narrator> I am using the zombie pool for a complication[2009/11/02 22:36:40] <Crandal> ((riley, he already said it was a honda hybrid))[2009/11/02 22:36:45] * Erika smashes open the trunk of the car and hops in there.[2009/11/02 22:36:47] <Narrator> supply pool 0 zombie clock 0[2009/11/02 22:37:06] <Kaeden_Everett> (could still be a hatchback.)[2009/11/02 22:37:09] <Riley> ((ya but i needed that rattling trunk area lol))[2009/11/02 22:37:35] <Narrator> The barricade explodes as the massive zombie crushes the vending machines[2009/11/02 22:37:41] * Crandal checks the rounds in the revolver and takes count of the few spare rounds he managed to aquire[2009/11/02 22:37:49] * Kaeden_Everett puts pedal to metal[2009/11/02 22:37:52] <Narrator> he points at the car and smiles.[2009/11/02 22:38:03] <Narrator> he is gaining on you[2009/11/02 22:38:05] * Riley reaches into the back.  ” Check this out crude bludgeoning instruments!”[2009/11/02 22:38:07] <Erika> “Kaeden, move it!”[2009/11/02 22:38:07] <Crandal> “I think it’s time to shift from battery to gas.”[2009/11/02 22:38:15] <Narrator> anyone ever see a zombie like this?[2009/11/02 22:38:20] <Riley> never[2009/11/02 22:38:29] <Crandal> ((neit))[2009/11/02 22:38:31] <Erika> (Sounds like the Fast Zombie in HL2.)[2009/11/02 22:38:42] <Narrator> (I mean in game ;)[2009/11/02 22:38:47] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:38:48] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 27 (3, 6, 6, 1, 1, 5, 5) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:38:53] <Narrator> 2 successes[2009/11/02 22:39:14] <Erika> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:39:14] <Narrator> he gets within a few feet and….[2009/11/02 22:39:15] <LadyLuck> Erika: 30 (4, 6, 6, 4, 3, 5, 2) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:39:24] <Narrator> 3 successes[2009/11/02 22:39:48] <Kaeden_Everett> I pull a 180 and drive under the zombie’s legs, hightailing it back toward the theatre[2009/11/02 22:40:28] <Narrator> the zombie hits the ceiling with a loud crunch. when he hits the floor he leaves a large hole[2009/11/02 22:40:31] <Kaeden_Everett> turn at an intersection and we’re now barelling towards the sporting goods store![2009/11/02 22:40:58] <Narrator> you catch a glimpse of him crawling out of the hole as you make the corner[2009/11/02 22:41:29] <Kaeden_Everett> (just about time for me to bow out guys)[2009/11/02 22:41:35] <Kaeden_Everett> “You guys go. I’ll try to slow him down.”[2009/11/02 22:41:39] <Riley> “he just dont quit does he!”[2009/11/02 22:42:03] <Narrator> (he’s a complication ;)[2009/11/02 22:42:10] * Riley grabs a tire iron and a bat out of the trunk.[2009/11/02 22:42:18] * Erika looks down and finds a bunch of rivets in the toolbox in the trunk.[2009/11/02 22:42:29] <Narrator> (did you roll riley? erika?[2009/11/02 22:42:40] <Riley> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:42:41] <LadyLuck> Riley: 21 (2, 6, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:42:43] <Crandal> ((erika did little while ago))[2009/11/02 22:42:47] <Riley> forgot[2009/11/02 22:42:57] <Narrator> (true – sorry[2009/11/02 22:43:54] * Erika grabs a cluster, tosses them up and swings her pipe into the scattered masses of metal, sending them carreening towards the big-bad, combined with all the velocities in play, she may as well have fired a shotgun with a 200MM barrel and buckshot at it.[2009/11/02 22:44:11] <Narrator> (NICE[2009/11/02 22:44:15] * Erika repeats until the supply is exausted.[2009/11/02 22:44:39] <Riley> ((where are we currently))[2009/11/02 22:44:56] <Narrator> you skid to a stop at the northern outfitters store. the metal cage is torn apart and lying in the mall hallway. the big zombie is is looking bad but still struggling after you[2009/11/02 22:44:59] * Kaeden_Everett revs the engine, intending to kamikaze the giant zombie as soon as the others get clear of the car[2009/11/02 22:45:06] <Crandal> ((in a mall it seems, when are we picking up a useless?))[2009/11/02 22:45:12] <Erika> (Having done that, can I be excused for a couple minutes?)[2009/11/02 22:45:26] <Narrator> (of course[2009/11/02 22:45:36] <Erika> (Thanks)[2009/11/02 22:45:39] * Crandal steps out of the car to let kaeden have his fun/sucide attempt[2009/11/02 22:45:51] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 7d6[2009/11/02 22:45:53] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 19 (2, 2, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6) [7d6][2009/11/02 22:45:59] <Narrator> (2 successes[2009/11/02 22:46:15] <Kaeden_Everett> I drive the hybrid, free of passengers, full-speed into the crawling zombie’s face[2009/11/02 22:46:18] <Narrator> (remamebr to make it clever[2009/11/02 22:46:41] <Kaeden_Everett> oh, hm. i was hung up on the “machines and devices” deal[2009/11/02 22:47:15] <Narrator> (I know – just milking for more[2009/11/02 22:47:41] <Crandal> ((do it while on 2 wheels? or sideways?))[2009/11/02 22:48:07] <Narrator> (or put him through the glass elevator[2009/11/02 22:48:54] <Kaeden_Everett> I engage cruise control, open the door and roll free, letting the car hit the crawling zombie in the face and push him backward across the floor and into the window of a jewellery shop[2009/11/02 22:49:13] <Narrator> (nice[2009/11/02 22:49:30] <Crandal> ((now it’s an expensive zombie))[2009/11/02 22:49:36] <Crandal> ((jewel encrusted))[2009/11/02 22:49:46] <Kaeden_Everett> ((how can i leave gracefully so i can go get some sleep?)[2009/11/02 22:49:59] <Narrator> looks like you are relatively safe – sanctuary?[2009/11/02 22:50:02] <Crandal> ((who needs sleep?))[2009/11/02 22:50:03] <Riley> ((do a pirouette))[2009/11/02 22:50:13] <Kaeden_Everett> woot[2009/11/02 22:50:18] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 22:50:19] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 11 (1, 3, 5, 2) [4d6][2009/11/02 22:50:20] <Crandal> ((sure, in a sporting goods store, heh))[2009/11/02 22:50:21] <Narrator> Kaeden_Everett – you can just get in a car and drive off.[2009/11/02 22:50:26] <Crandal> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 22:50:27] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 18 (5, 1, 6, 6) [4d6][2009/11/02 22:50:42] <Narrator> (need 5 6’s for santuary[2009/11/02 22:50:50] <Riley> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 22:50:51] <LadyLuck> Riley: 12 (5, 2, 4, 1) [4d6][2009/11/02 22:50:53] <Crandal> ((got 2))[2009/11/02 22:51:00] <Kaeden_Everett> Crap, erika needs 3[2009/11/02 22:51:21] <Crandal> ((do I get the +2 on this from the revolver?))[2009/11/02 22:51:26] <Narrator> yes[2009/11/02 22:51:35] <Crandal> ((then just need 2 more))[2009/11/02 22:51:50] <Kaeden_Everett> ((yeah, you kill a zombie to clear out the sanctuary area))[2009/11/02 22:52:10] <Narrator> remember _you are always killing zombies_[2009/11/02 22:52:25] <Crandal> (( Erika, roll))[2009/11/02 22:52:32] <Crandal> ((oh, wait, she’s afk))[2009/11/02 22:52:33] <Narrator> she might be AFK[2009/11/02 22:53:19] <Kaeden_Everett> “Whew. Good thing that zombie is dead!”[2009/11/02 22:54:52] <Kaeden_Everett> “Car in the head, then sent through a storefront…double tap? I think so.”[2009/11/02 22:55:20] <Narrator> so I’ll ask again anyone seen a zombie like that?[2009/11/02 22:55:34] <Narrator> (please make a fear roll :)[2009/11/02 22:55:46] <Kaeden_Everett> *roll 1d6[2009/11/02 22:55:47] <LadyLuck> Kaeden_Everett: 1 (1) [1d6][2009/11/02 22:55:48] <Narrator> (1d6 LOW is good[2009/11/02 22:55:49] * Crandal wanders around the sporting goods store, popping the few zombies that are there through the shelves before grabbing a supersoaker from the kids area, a bottle of kerosen, some ducktape, and a zippo, then begins putting it all together, and fills the supersoaker with the flamible liquid[2009/11/02 22:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step![2009/11/02 22:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 22:55:57] <Crandal> *roll 1d6[2009/11/02 22:55:58] <LadyLuck> Crandal: 6 (6) [1d6][2009/11/02 22:56:04] <Crandal> ((carp))[2009/11/02 22:56:11] <Narrator> crandal your fear goes to 2, your first 2 dice are fear dice[2009/11/02 22:56:27] <Kaeden_Everett> yay mine stays at 2[2009/11/02 22:56:29] <Kaeden_Everett> 1* rather[2009/11/02 22:56:34] <Crandal> ((he just made a redneck flamethrower btw))[2009/11/02 22:56:37] <Narrator> you can have 2 if you want[2009/11/02 22:56:50] <Narrator> riley?[2009/11/02 22:57:02] <Riley> *roll 1d6[2009/11/02 22:57:03] <LadyLuck> Riley: 6 (6) [1d6][2009/11/02 22:57:05] <Narrator> In theory it would be time to write another diary entry[2009/11/02 22:57:10] <Narrator> riley your fear is 2[2009/11/02 22:57:49] <Narrator> but we’ll skip it for now.[2009/11/02 22:58:10] <Narrator> I have another hour in me if you want to continue after Erika returns[2009/11/02 22:58:17] <Riley> im good[2009/11/02 22:58:26] <Crandal> ((we can’t do a diary anyway?))[2009/11/02 22:59:14] <Narrator> shirely[2009/11/02 22:59:46] <Narrator> fire them up – post when you are done[2009/11/02 23:00:18] <Kaeden_Everett> Dear Mom,[2009/11/02 23:00:18] <Kaeden_Everett> Do you remember the last time I pissed myself? Well I have to update that; it was about 20 minutes ago when I jumped out of a moving vehicle driving full-speed at a zombie’s face. That guy was ugly![2009/11/02 23:00:19] <Kaeden_Everett> Still feeding my fish? I hope so.[2009/11/02 23:00:21] <Kaeden_Everett> Best wishes! Tell Uncle Farnsworth I’m still alive – he owes me a beer.[2009/11/02 23:00:23] <Kaeden_Everett> P.S. Remember when I played hardball? I wonder if I’ve still got that home-run hit.[2009/11/02 23:00:25] <Kaeden_Everett> +1 to break machines with a club[2009/11/02 23:02:30] <Crandal> Diary: part 2, well, after eating something in a theater, we hear this horendus howeling from outside. A BRUTE of a zombie, who could actually still talk was outside, and decided to send a swarm at us. The new guy managed to block the doors to the outside, but the brute busted through anyway. At least until Mr. Driver pushed the thing into a jewelry store with the cruise of one of the display cars[2009/11/02 23:02:30] <Crandal> After that we started making ‘camp’ in a sporting goods store where I took the oppurtunity to make myself a little flamethrower. _On a side note, I seem rather adept at making headshots on these zombies through obsticles._[2009/11/02 23:02:30] <Crandal> +1 to hit through visiual obsticles[2009/11/02 23:03:35] <Narrator> remember you get the +1 but if you aren’t sneaky you lose 4 dice[2009/11/02 23:03:52] <Riley> so turns out this coke bottle ninja is also the living incarnationof indiana jones.  kewl dude tho.  our driver is a BALLSY freak but that has come in handy and i have macguyver for a partner as well.  but at least we landed in a sporting goods store.  should be plenty to use here.  I should put all those archery and shooting classes to use.[2009/11/02 23:04:47] <Riley> On second thought maybe ill just bash some skulls with a Bat.  sounds kewl.[2009/11/02 23:04:52] <Kaeden_Everett> (Riley; pick something that uses your strength to advantage as a weapon. Sledgehammer type things.)[2009/11/02 23:04:57] <Narrator> what is true Riley?[2009/11/02 23:05:13] <Riley> ((working on finishing it))[2009/11/02 23:05:18] <Narrator> k sorry[2009/11/02 23:05:21] <Riley> np[2009/11/02 23:07:39] <Crandal> ((/me stares at erika))[2009/11/02 23:08:45] <Riley> my years in Baseball should make it easy to find the right tools for the job[2009/11/02 23:09:07] <Riley> ((+1 to finding munitions such as bats and clubs?[2009/11/02 23:09:44] <Narrator> works. but remember weapon or not you need to use strong to get your dice.[2009/11/02 23:10:14] <Riley> to find the weapon or to use the weapon?[2009/11/02 23:10:18] <Kaeden_Everett> Riley[2009/11/02 23:10:19] <Riley> or both[2009/11/02 23:10:22] <Narrator> both[2009/11/02 23:10:24] <Riley> k[2009/11/02 23:10:26] <Kaeden_Everett> what about +1 to find heavy stuff to throw?[2009/11/02 23:10:39] <Riley> debated that but didnt sound practical[2009/11/02 23:10:57] <Kaeden_Everett> it is for the Strong character; if you don’t use strength, you only get dice for having comrades[2009/11/02 23:11:01] <Crandal> ((what about zombie killin is practical?))[2009/11/02 23:11:13] <Narrator> so looking in a store – no dice, pushing over a stack of crates to get to the insides – 4 dice[2009/11/02 23:11:41] <Riley> kewl[2009/11/02 23:12:41] <Kaeden_Everett> ok guys i’m out for the night[2009/11/02 23:12:49] <Crandal> ((later))[2009/11/02 23:12:57] <Kaeden_Everett> (have fun!)[2009/11/02 23:13:02] <Crandal> ((guessing we loose the extra dice he gave us?))[2009/11/02 23:13:03] <Narrator> pushing over a stack of crates to crush the zombies and block the entry and having the a large lead pipe torn form the wall by the crates…[2009/11/02 23:13:18] <Narrator> you do… but you only need 4 dice for anctuary[2009/11/02 23:13:37] <Crandal> ((where’s erika?))[2009/11/02 23:13:41] <Narrator> *sanctuary[2009/11/02 23:13:47] <Narrator> (afk[2009/11/02 23:14:00] <Kaeden_Everett> yeah you’re going to be rolling 6d6 now, two extra dice for two ppl other than yourself[2009/11/02 23:14:05] <Kaeden_Everett> ciao :)[2009/11/02 23:14:10] @ Kaeden_Everett is now known as jeffszusz[2009/11/02 23:14:23] <Crandal> ((obviously narrator, just wondering where she is though, and later jeff))[2009/11/02 23:14:34] <Narrator> you can move on without her but you’ll have to bring her along with you or leave her for the zombies[2009/11/02 23:14:43] * Riley runs to the back of the storage area busting crates and packaging ti find munitions. He finds a couple 5lb weights and notices a conduit on the wall that could be ripped off.[2009/11/02 23:14:56] <Narrator> (roll then narrate[2009/11/02 23:15:03] <Riley> my bad[2009/11/02 23:15:12] <Riley> *roll 4d6[2009/11/02 23:15:13] <LadyLuck> Riley: 10 (6, 2, 1, 1) [4d6][2009/11/02 23:15:25] <Crandal> ((make another sanctuary roll?))[2009/11/02 23:15:43] <Narrator> (my oh my! my favorite. fear success. you have 2 more dice – hope for the best[2009/11/02 23:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 23:16:04] <Narrator> (ignoring zombie clock event[2009/11/02 23:16:42] <Narrator> (roll 2 more d6 riley[2009/11/02 23:17:16] <Riley> *roll 2d6[2009/11/02 23:17:17] <LadyLuck> Riley: 7 (4, 3) [2d6][2009/11/02 23:18:02] <Erika> (Sorry about that, back.)[2009/11/02 23:18:03] <Narrator> (okay fear success. you succeed but you action is driven by blind fear. you get to narrate what happens you get what you were trying to do BUT something goes terribly wrong.[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: ChanServ: *.net *.split[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: Crandal: *.net *.split[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: Narrator: *.net *.split[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: jeffszusz: *.net *.split[2009/11/02 23:18:18] @ Quit: LadyLuck: *.net *.split[2009/11/02 23:18:42] <Erika> >_>[2009/11/02 23:18:54] <Erika> Yeah, I’d call a Netsplit somethin’ terribly wrong.[2009/11/02 23:19:00] <Riley> lol ya[2009/11/02 23:20:42] @ techno65535 joined channel #Fate[2009/11/02 23:20:48] <techno65535> ((grrrrrr))[2009/11/02 23:20:54] <techno65535> ((erika, 4 dice, need 2 successes for sanctuary))[2009/11/02 23:21:02] @ techno65535 is now known as Crandal[2009/11/02 23:21:08] <Crandal> ohh, narrator is gone too[2009/11/02 23:21:14] <Erika> (I think we have to wait for the DM.)[2009/11/02 23:21:16] <Riley> ya[2009/11/02 23:21:19] <Erika> *The joys of netsplit.)[2009/11/02 23:21:24] <Erika> (*[2009/11/02 23:21:32] <Crandal> was worse than netsplit, server died[2009/11/02 23:21:34] <Erika> It could not have been better timed, comically.[2009/11/02 23:21:44] @ jeffszusz joined channel #Fate[2009/11/02 23:21:46] <Crandal> heh[2009/11/02 23:21:48] <Erika> Dude? That’s what a Netsplit IS.[2009/11/02 23:22:04] <Crandal> no, netsplit is servers being disconnected from eachother[2009/11/02 23:22:14] <Crandal> not nessicarily dieing[2009/11/02 23:22:47] <Crandal> from what it looked like, the khisanth server is actually /down/[2009/11/02 23:23:00] <Erika> Ouch.[2009/11/02 23:23:16] <Crandal> was actually disconnected from server and couldn’t reconnect[2009/11/02 23:23:20] @ fudge_guest1687 joined channel #Fate[2009/11/02 23:23:26] <Erika> Ouch.[2009/11/02 23:23:27] @ fudge_guest1687 is now known as Narrator[2009/11/02 23:23:30] <Erika> lol[2009/11/02 23:23:32] <Crandal> wb[2009/11/02 23:23:36] <Erika> Welcome back.[2009/11/02 23:23:39] <Narrator> (erika 4d6 sanctuary roll and a fear check and diary entry[2009/11/02 23:23:42] <Narrator> (Riley 1 fear success. you succeed but you action is driven by blind fear. you get to narrate what happens you get what you were trying to do BUT something goes terribly wrong.you might set off an alarm and lock the other sout of saftey – light the place on fire blocking the entrance etc[2009/11/02 23:23:43] <Crandal> do we need dice?[2009/11/02 23:23:50] <Narrator> pidgen crapped out[2009/11/02 23:24:02] <Erika> (I can’t ladyLuck is gone.)[2009/11/02 23:24:07] <Crandal> no, khisanth server died[2009/11/02 23:24:10] <Crandal> one sec[2009/11/02 23:24:21] @ BoxCars joined channel #Fate[2009/11/02 23:24:28] <Narrator> roll 1d6[2009/11/02 23:24:29] <BoxCars> Narrator rolls 121D6 and gets 12(1)[2009/11/02 23:24:30] <Crandal> or that[2009/11/02 23:24:35] <Narrator> roll 4d6[2009/11/02 23:24:35] <BoxCars> Narrator rolls 124D6 and gets 12(13)[2009/11/02 23:24:36] <Erika> (Can box show individual results?)[2009/11/02 23:24:42] <Narrator> dunno[2009/11/02 23:24:45] <Crandal> I got mine comming[2009/11/02 23:25:12] <Erika> (It’s like the power went out and we’re tryin’ to find candles to see the dice. lol)[2009/11/02 23:26:04] @ Dealer` joined channel #Fate[2009/11/02 23:26:10] @ Dealer` is now known as shotgundice[2009/11/02 23:26:15] <Crandal> 4d6[2009/11/02 23:26:16] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 4D6: 2 3 4 11 = 20[2009/11/02 23:26:18] <Narrator> roll 4#d6[2009/11/02 23:26:18] <BoxCars> Narrator rolls 124#1D6 and gets12 (6)(1)(1)(3)[2009/11/02 23:26:43] <Erika> roll 4#d6[2009/11/02 23:26:44] <BoxCars> Erika rolls 124#1D6 and gets12 (3)(1)(6)(5)[2009/11/02 23:26:44] <Crandal> 10d6[2009/11/02 23:26:45] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 10D6: 3 3 2 4 1 1 4 1 4 2 = 25[2009/11/02 23:26:54] * Riley runs to the back of the storage area busting crates and packaging ti find munitions. He finds a couple 5lb weights and notices a chain to the bay door the wall that could be ripped off. Unfortunately the process of ripping the chain off also opens the door to the outside and makes it unclosable[2009/11/02 23:26:56] <Riley> like that?[2009/11/02 23:28:00] <Narrator> (that’ll do – more panic though.[2009/11/02 23:28:06] <Narrator> sanctuary![2009/11/02 23:28:06] <Riley> ahh[2009/11/02 23:28:15] <Erika> (Lemme read the backlog, please.)[2009/11/02 23:28:24] <Crandal> ((heh, just got sancuary))[2009/11/02 23:28:44] <Narrator> supply pool 5 zombie clock 0[2009/11/02 23:29:25] * Crandal spends the ‘down time’ gathering ammo for the revolver and stuffs several boxes of the stuff into a trench coat he finds within the store[2009/11/02 23:29:44] <Erika> (Okay, writin’ entry now.)[2009/11/02 23:30:05] <Narrator> You find a drug store and manage to slam the security gate closed. The zombies push uselessly at the gate and moan fitfully[2009/11/02 23:30:22] <Narrator> (erika still need 1d6 fear check[2009/11/02 23:30:38] <Erika> (Buh? Explain that, please?)[2009/11/02 23:31:09] <Narrator> (crandel – no risk no reward[2009/11/02 23:31:12] * Crandal spends a few minutes chunking advil and tylonall pills into zombie mouths[2009/11/02 23:31:25] <Narrator> (big nasty zombie sraced everyine[2009/11/02 23:31:37] <Riley> roll 4#d6[2009/11/02 23:31:37] <BoxCars> Riley rolls 124#1D6 and gets12 (1)(5)(3)(2)[2009/11/02 23:31:49] <Erika> (I mean what do i have to hit to avoid makin’ my fear go up.)[2009/11/02 23:32:13] <Narrator> (roll low. if you roll higher than your fear it goes up[2009/11/02 23:32:23] <Erika> (Bah.)[2009/11/02 23:32:31] <Narrator> (riley you failed – but you have 2 more dice[2009/11/02 23:32:33] <Crandal> No Zombie? No Roll![2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Erika> roll 1#d6[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <BoxCars> Erika rolls 121#1D6 and gets12 (3)[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> First, an important rule: if no zombies are present, the Survivors don’t need[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> to roll for any risks.[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> If the Survivors are locked up in a shopping mall and they’ve cleared all the[2009/11/02 23:32:35] <Crandal> zombies out, they don’t need to roll for anything.[2009/11/02 23:33:06] <Narrator> (crandal you are always killing zombies. if you want more stuff more tools you have to take a risk[2009/11/02 23:33:19] <Erika> (Damn it.)[2009/11/02 23:33:26] <Riley> for their presence i get 2 more?[2009/11/02 23:33:32] <Narrator> yes[2009/11/02 23:33:41] <Erika> (Okay, writin’ now)[2009/11/02 23:33:42] <Riley> ahh[2009/11/02 23:33:44] <Riley> k[2009/11/02 23:33:52] <Riley> roll 2#d6[2009/11/02 23:33:53] <BoxCars> Riley rolls 122#1D6 and gets12 (6)(5)[2009/11/02 23:34:01] <Narrator> (success riley[2009/11/02 23:34:28] <Narrator> (Crandal you can do whatever you like but you can’t get tools or firearms without a risk[2009/11/02 23:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 23:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 23:36:39] <Narrator> (i’ll ignore that one too[2009/11/02 23:37:33] <Erika> ‘Well, I’m sure I’d make Top Hanks and Dimagio proud with my baseball skills. I was cracking skulls into skulls and rivets into buckshot. I am concerned, however. There seem to be greater zombies that are both sentient and intelligent. After seeing that, I find myself much ill at ease compared to before. I’m strong, yes, but I wonder if even I could’ve gone toe to toe with that thing. I hope we manage to find an escape somehow. _Still, I must be stron[2009/11/02 23:37:57] <Narrator> cut off at till, I must be stron[2009/11/02 23:38:12] <Erika> (I’m thinking that if Erika is close to someone else, their fear points are reduced by one.)[2009/11/02 23:38:21] <Erika> for the sake of the others. I’m not alone in this, we need to keep morale up._’[2009/11/02 23:39:03] <Erika> (And by close, I mean, within 10 feet.)[2009/11/02 23:39:50] <Narrator> the is way powerful. I’ll let you reduce the fear of one person by one[2009/11/02 23:40:04] <Erika> (Alright.)[2009/11/02 23:40:10] * Riley notices a first aid kit on the wall and rips it down, picks it up and smashes it open to find 2 epi pens and a syringe. along with some wrapping tape and alcohol swabs[2009/11/02 23:40:41] <Erika> (By the way, where are we holed up?)[2009/11/02 23:40:54] <Crandal> ((drug store))[2009/11/02 23:40:55] <Narrator> okay you are in sanctuary. the zombies are locked out (unless you let them in). You have approx 3 events before they get it[2009/11/02 23:41:13] * Crandal laughs at how the advil foams in the zombies mouths[2009/11/02 23:41:21] <Narrator> you can leave early or wait[2009/11/02 23:41:51] * Erika checks for some supplies.[2009/11/02 23:41:56] <Erika> (What roll?)[2009/11/02 23:42:06] <Narrator> you can have any supplies you want that are not weapons or tools[2009/11/02 23:42:22] <Erika> (Define tools.)[2009/11/02 23:42:46] <Narrator> baseball bat, pipe, shovel, wrench[2009/11/02 23:43:00] <Riley> so are we steaily acquiring all of the things we have found so far?[2009/11/02 23:43:32] <Crandal> ((/me has a revolver, some ammo for it and a redneck flame thrower))[2009/11/02 23:43:38] <Narrator> yep. if you fail I might let you live and destroy the item. or if you fear succeed you can lose teh item in your panic[2009/11/02 23:44:25] <Riley> k so i would havE 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN AND 2 5LB WEIGHTS?[2009/11/02 23:44:53] <Narrator> sure[2009/11/02 23:45:22] <Riley> K[2009/11/02 23:45:40] * Erika opens up a convenience cabinet and has a soda.[2009/11/02 23:46:01] <Narrator> the undead are mindlessly pushing on the security gate. over time they start to crush themselves on the gate.[2009/11/02 23:46:19] <Narrator> a think bloody ooze seeps through onto the floor.[2009/11/02 23:46:20] <Crandal> “You wouldn’t happened to have seen any twinkies back there would you?”[2009/11/02 23:46:21] <Riley> also have a bat and a tire iron from the trun of the car earlier[2009/11/02 23:46:26] <Narrator> The smell is revolting[2009/11/02 23:46:48] <Erika> “Twinkies? Lemme check.”[2009/11/02 23:46:59] <Riley> “any thing meaty?”[2009/11/02 23:46:59] * Erika digs about for some twinkies.[2009/11/02 23:47:05] * Crandal looks for anything resembling kitty litter and pours it about 2 inches thick at the front of the store.[2009/11/02 23:47:18] <Erika> “Hey new guy, what’s your name anyway? I don’t think you ever told us.”[2009/11/02 23:47:23] <Narrator> (I actually have “twinkees!” in my notes for the drug store[2009/11/02 23:47:27] <Riley> “there should be some spill magic hanging up somewhere. they always have it”[2009/11/02 23:47:45] <Erika> (lol)[2009/11/02 23:47:56] <Crandal> ((lol))[2009/11/02 23:48:13] <Crandal> ((btw, Zombieland reference in that request ;) ))[2009/11/02 23:48:21] <Riley> ya been a long day already… Names riley.  Riley Braun”[2009/11/02 23:48:32] <Narrator> some of the zombies start to wander aimlessly.[2009/11/02 23:48:56] * Crandal continues pelting the zombies with random pills[2009/11/02 23:48:58] <Erika> “Riley eh? I’m Erika. Body-builder and model for a women’s muscle magazine, though you could probably tell that already.”[2009/11/02 23:49:08] <Narrator> the sun sets and the mall starts to go dark[2009/11/02 23:49:16] <Crandal> “Wonder if viagra works on zombies. The names Crandal by the way Riley.”[2009/11/02 23:49:29] * Erika laughs at the viagra remark.[2009/11/02 23:49:38] <Riley> ?is there a back door to this place erika?  might be better than fighting thru that mess”[2009/11/02 23:49:55] * Crandal starts flicking little blue pills into zombies mouths[2009/11/02 23:50:06] <Erika> “I wouldn’t know, never been to this store before. You’re free to check it out if you want.”[2009/11/02 23:50:13] <Riley> Good to meet ya crandal. tho i would have preferred it under better circumstances.  Any idea how this started?”[2009/11/02 23:50:15] <Narrator> (viagra might make them stronger – blood rushing about like that[2009/11/02 23:50:45] <Riley> roll 3#d6[2009/11/02 23:50:46] <BoxCars> Riley rolls 123#1D6 and gets12 (5)(4)(6)[2009/11/02 23:50:59] <Crandal> ((might reveal that female zombie as really being a male too))[2009/11/02 23:51:14] <Crandal> ((and there’s another dicebot in here, easier to use))[2009/11/02 23:51:16] <Crandal> 3d6[2009/11/02 23:51:17] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 3D6: 4 6 4 = 14[2009/11/02 23:51:54] <Narrator> (use any bot you like as long as the dice are displayed[2009/11/02 23:52:04] * Erika checks for any sources of powdered rust, powdered aluminum and any sticks of magnesium.[2009/11/02 23:52:04] <Crandal> ((heh))[2009/11/02 23:52:29] * Riley looks about for an exit before realizing that it is right behind the office wall.[2009/11/02 23:52:48] <Erika> 3d6[2009/11/02 23:52:49] <Crandal> ((erika, I like how you think))[2009/11/02 23:52:50] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 3D6: 4 4 2 = 10[2009/11/02 23:52:59] <Erika> (Damn it.)[2009/11/02 23:53:18] <Riley> ((thermite?))[2009/11/02 23:53:24] <Erika> (Hell yeah.)[2009/11/02 23:53:26] <Crandal> “What are you looking for Erika?”[2009/11/02 23:53:50] <Narrator> as the night deepens the slow plaintive moaning of the undead becomes more disturbing[2009/11/02 23:53:51] <Erika> “Oh, was checking about for anything I could use to make Thermite, but I couldn’t find anything.”[2009/11/02 23:54:10] <Riley> 7d6[2009/11/02 23:54:11] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 7D6: 5 1 4 2 3 6 3 = 24[2009/11/02 23:54:25] <Crandal> ((6d6 now, only 3 people here))[2009/11/02 23:54:27] <Erika> “This is a drug store, maybe they’ll have some Liquid Nitrogen-based wart-removal products.”[2009/11/02 23:54:30] <Narrator> (erika thermite = weapon so 6d6+1[2009/11/02 23:54:38] * Riley rips an aluminum shudder from the wall and bends it in half[2009/11/02 23:54:40] <Erika> (Oh really.)[2009/11/02 23:54:51] <Erika> 3d6[2009/11/02 23:54:54] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 3D6: 5 6 3 = 14[2009/11/02 23:55:02] <Erika>  (The other half of it, also, woot.)[2009/11/02 23:55:03] <Crandal> ((3?))[2009/11/02 23:55:11] <Crandal> (9oh, lol))[2009/11/02 23:55:14] <Erika> (I did 3d6, so I did another 3d6)[2009/11/02 23:55:24] <Crandal> ((yeah, see it now))[2009/11/02 23:55:31] <Riley> 6d6[2009/11/02 23:55:34] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 6 5 2 3 4 3 = 23[2009/11/02 23:55:50] * Erika is about to head around the counter when she notices exactly what she’s looking for.[2009/11/02 23:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step![2009/11/02 23:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/02 23:56:30] <Narrator> outside in the mall you hear a loud crack as part of the upper floor is broken off and falls infront of the store. followed by serverl zombies[2009/11/02 23:56:31] <Erika> “Well hey, seems like one of the workers here was either a pyro or a terrorist. Either way, It looks like I have some Thermite materials here.”[2009/11/02 23:56:41] <Narrator> (erika power?[2009/11/02 23:56:55] <Erika> (How many sticks of Thermite can i make with the supply?)[2009/11/02 23:56:59] <Erika> (And yeah.)[2009/11/02 23:57:01] * Riley rips fumbles for ire before finding an old iron bar used to jury rig the door shutat one point. luckily it covered in rust unfortunately that rust has bound it to the escape door requiring more than a little effort to free it[2009/11/02 23:57:09] <Narrator> supply pool 5 zombie clock 1[2009/11/02 23:57:37] <Narrator> (I have no idea how powerful thermite is so pick something reasonable[2009/11/02 23:57:49] * Crandal hears a ripping sound, “That wasn’t what I think it was was it?”[2009/11/02 23:57:51] <Narrator> (then again if you have a lot it can all go off when you fail[2009/11/02 23:57:56] <Riley> INSANELY POWERFUL))[2009/11/02 23:57:59] <Erika> (It’s VERY powerfull and also easy to make.)[2009/11/02 23:58:16] <Crandal> ((take a teaspoon of thermite, set it on the hood of a car, light it, it burns through the engineblock and into the ground, can’t be put out))[2009/11/02 23:58:21] <Riley> ((doesnt explode))[2009/11/02 23:58:31] <Crandal> ((burns, and /cannot/ be put out))[2009/11/02 23:58:34] <Erika> (Crandal speaks it about right.)[2009/11/02 23:58:35] <Riley> ((self oxygenating))[2009/11/02 23:58:42] <Narrator> (neat[2009/11/02 23:58:51] <Crandal> ((very))[2009/11/02 23:58:54] <Erika> (Yep. Thus why one uses a magnesium wick.)[2009/11/02 23:59:00] <Riley> ((retardedly easy to make too__[2009/11/02 23:59:08] <Narrator> so the morning is coming on. the zombies are still pawing through the closed gate.[2009/11/02 23:59:34] <Erika> (Tell ye what, we’ll let a bot settle it.)[2009/11/02 23:59:47] <Erika> 1d6[2009/11/02 23:59:50] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 1D6: 3[2009/11/02 23:59:52] <Narrator> a few have started to pound uselessly at the window next to the gate[2009/11/03 00:00:00] <Erika> (Three sticks of Thermite.)[2009/11/03 00:00:24] <Erika> (Also, before it goes straight down, it let’s off a nice pyrotechnics display.)[2009/11/03 00:00:32] <Erika> (*Goes to get a video*)[2009/11/03 00:01:07] <Narrator> the crowd of zombies seems to have grown over night[2009/11/03 00:01:29] <Riley> “dont look now but our entourage has grown.”[2009/11/03 00:01:47] <Erika> “We should be fine for a while. Let’s keep seeing what we can find.”[2009/11/03 00:02:05] <Narrator> In the light of the day you see that a large portion of the upper floor has collapsed mainly from the damage done but the huge zombie and the car[2009/11/03 00:02:11] <Erika> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8iRYbnAb0 Move to 1:10[2009/11/03 00:02:15] <Riley> “we are in a drug store what could there be in here?”[2009/11/03 00:02:33] * Erika holds up her Thermite sticks.[2009/11/03 00:02:43] <Erika> “A lot of chemical compounds.”[2009/11/03 00:03:43] <Crandal> “If you can find a canister of n2o we could use some of that thermite to make a bomb to clear these zombies out.”[2009/11/03 00:03:53] <Narrator> outside the drug store only the walkway directly over the drugstore entrance is still intact[2009/11/03 00:04:27] <Crandal> 6d6[2009/11/03 00:04:28] <Erika> “Nitrous Oxide?”[2009/11/03 00:04:28] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 6D6: 6 3 4 5 3 3 = 24[2009/11/03 00:04:36] <Narrator> you can see the sky. looks like rain again[2009/11/03 00:04:39] <Riley> 6d6[2009/11/03 00:04:40] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 6 2 4 5 2 5 = 24[2009/11/03 00:04:42] <Crandal> “Yeah”[2009/11/03 00:05:03] <Narrator> (fear successes![2009/11/03 00:05:03] <Crandal> ((and some successes that aren’t fear dice))[2009/11/03 00:05:19] <Narrator> (aw carp…[2009/11/03 00:05:24] <Erika> (lawl)[2009/11/03 00:05:27] <Crandal> ((:P))[2009/11/03 00:05:30] * Riley looks around and smashes crates ans shelves before noticing 2 small bottles of NO2 hiding in the corner along with some oxygen tanks.[2009/11/03 00:05:34] <Riley> “OVER HERE”[2009/11/03 00:05:35] <Narrator> (don’t tease me[2009/11/03 00:05:38] <Crandal> ((oh, someone else plays dwarf fortress?))[2009/11/03 00:06:27] <Narrator> (I really hate this client[2009/11/03 00:06:29] * Crandal sets one of the o2 tanks to the side and sets the others up next to the gate at the front in a pyramid[2009/11/03 00:06:45] * Erika goes to check for any Liquid Nitrogen wart removal bottles on the shelves.[2009/11/03 00:06:52] <Crandal> ((go back to pidgin and /server avalon.otherworlders.org))[2009/11/03 00:07:01] <Erika> 6d6[2009/11/03 00:07:02] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 6D6: 4 5 4 4 2 6 = 25[2009/11/03 00:07:10] <Erika> (Hoorj)[2009/11/03 00:07:37] <Erika> “Alrighty then. I’ve got my fire and now I’ve got my ice. Time to give those miserable bastards a little hell.”[2009/11/03 00:08:06] * Crandal hefts the other O2 tank onto his shoulder[2009/11/03 00:08:18] <Erika> “Hey, Cran, wasn’t there some place that you were dropping things on those freaks uninhibited before?”[2009/11/03 00:08:27] * Riley loads his gear and ready’s his bat just incase[2009/11/03 00:09:02] <Crandal> “Naw, just flicking pills in their mouths through the grating.”[2009/11/03 00:09:20] <Erika> “Ah, too bad. Ever made a Dry-Ice bomb?”[2009/11/03 00:09:25] <Narrator> twinkees for supper again… the smell of the kitty litter and dried blood and gore is quite appetizing as evening approaches[2009/11/03 00:10:11] <Riley> “i have”[2009/11/03 00:10:12] <Crandal> “Who hasn’t? but thermite on top of some NO2 and O2 will make a bigger boom. Save the dry-ice for smoke screen.”[2009/11/03 00:10:21] <Riley> “bloody fun they are!”[2009/11/03 00:10:42] <Erika> “Yeah, but a DI-Bomb is louder.”[2009/11/03 00:10:46] <Narrator> (I’m going to guess this is why the clock is 10 minutes[2009/11/03 00:10:46] <Erika> “Think about it.”[2009/11/03 00:10:59] <Riley> “IDEA”[2009/11/03 00:11:16] <Riley> 6d6[2009/11/03 00:11:21] <Crandal> “But dry-ice won’t get rid of that hoard of zombies out front in the process.”[2009/11/03 00:11:22] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 2 4 5 6 4 1 = 22[2009/11/03 00:11:25] <Erika> “Set the DI bomb, noise. Swarm, THEN the high-explosives.”[2009/11/03 00:11:47] @ Papaganoush joined channel #Fate[2009/11/03 00:12:07] <Crandal> “I don’t intend to be anywhere near those things when they go boom.”[2009/11/03 00:12:27] @ Narrator is now known as narr[2009/11/03 00:12:28] <Erika> “Point is, they’re attention getters.”[2009/11/03 00:12:31] <Erika> “Bait.”[2009/11/03 00:12:35] @ Papaganoush is now known as Narrator[2009/11/03 00:12:41] <Riley> “too bad there isnt a fire extinguisher here.  Would have been a good screen tool.”[2009/11/03 00:13:02] <Crandal> “Dry-ice and salt water”[2009/11/03 00:14:19] <Narrator> supply pool 5 zombie clock 1[2009/11/03 00:14:58] <Narrator> do you want me to crank the time clock up a notch?[2009/11/03 00:15:20] <Crandal> ((I’m good))[2009/11/03 00:15:36] <Riley> ((me too))[2009/11/03 00:15:37] @ Quit: narr: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client[2009/11/03 00:15:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:35:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/03 00:15:57] <Narrator> another night in a cold dark drugstore approaches[2009/11/03 00:16:06] * Erika grabs some water-bottles for the other part of the DI Bombs*[2009/11/03 00:16:15] <Narrator> supply pool 4 zombie clock 2[2009/11/03 00:16:40] <Narrator> that pile of beef jerky and twinkees is getting smaller.[2009/11/03 00:17:04] <Narrator> the coke is almost all gone and you are forced to start drinking… pepsi.[2009/11/03 00:17:05] <Erika> “Alright, so we have Thermite sticks, DI Bombs, CO2 tanks, various bludgeons, a revolver… What else?”[2009/11/03 00:17:19] <Crandal> “At least we got twinkees.” :) (yes, he made a smilie face)[2009/11/03 00:17:26] <Crandal> ((no2))[2009/11/03 00:17:33] <Erika> )Right, typoe.)[2009/11/03 00:17:39] <Erika> (Argh.)[2009/11/03 00:17:53] <Narrator> The zombies outside have stopped struggling and are just staring at you[2009/11/03 00:17:55] * Crandal lifts what appears to be a supersoaker covered in ducktape with a zippo lighter at the end[2009/11/03 00:18:04] <Crandal> “Got a flame thrower too.”[2009/11/03 00:18:15] <Erika> “I just hope that thing doesn’t melt.”[2009/11/03 00:18:20] <Narrator> mouths working as if they could consume your flesh from across the hall[2009/11/03 00:18:50] <Crandal> “Nah, takes at least 3 minutes of continuous firing for that to happen.”[2009/11/03 00:18:50] <Narrator> You start to hear dull thumps as zombies start to throw themselves against the walls from outside[2009/11/03 00:19:20] <Crandal> “I think we’ve just about out-stayed our welcome here.”[2009/11/03 00:19:47] <Erika> “Seems about right.”[2009/11/03 00:19:51] <Riley> “it would appear.”[2009/11/03 00:20:06] <Erika> “So, what of our arsenal shall we use first?”[2009/11/03 00:20:21] <Narrator> (bio break… please insert ominous music and scary statements in my absence[2009/11/03 00:20:35] <Riley> “drag them close and blow them to hell.  Ill be ready with the door so we can get out”[2009/11/03 00:20:43] <Erika> (*Plays Mr. Crowley.*)[2009/11/03 00:20:52] <Crandal> “Set off bomb, use dry ice for smoke screen, and high-tail it to a car, hopefully one with a full tank.”[2009/11/03 00:21:23] <Crandal> ((the most scary thing for a player? The Gm muttering ‘interesting’ while scribbling something behind the gm screen))[2009/11/03 00:21:24] <Erika> “What happened to Kaed, by the way?”[2009/11/03 00:21:36] <Riley> ((mr crowley = WIN@E 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN AND 2 5LB WEIGHE 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN AND 2 5LB WEIGHTS?E 2 EPI PENS A SYRINGE SOME WRAPPING TAPE AND ALCOHOL SWABS AND A CHAIN((mr crowley =WIN!!))[2009/11/03 00:21:52] <Riley> WHOA! sorry dont know what happened there.[2009/11/03 00:22:46] <Erika> “Alright, here’s my idea.”[2009/11/03 00:24:05] <Narrator> the zombies start to push against the gate again, randomly yanking and pushing on the gate[2009/11/03 00:24:17] <Narrator> one of the zombies catches your eye[2009/11/03 00:24:35] <Narrator> he is wearing gang colors with his hat sideways[2009/11/03 00:24:59] <Narrator> he seems to smile and you could swear he just winked at you as he slammed into the gate[2009/11/03 00:25:07] * Crandal pokes the eye out with a long stick from one of the shelves[2009/11/03 00:25:21] <Erika> (…)[2009/11/03 00:25:24] <Erika> >[2009/11/03 00:25:39] <Erika> (Piece of crap erased my idea just as I finished it.)[2009/11/03 00:25:52] <Crandal> ((lol))[2009/11/03 00:26:12] <Crandal> ((so, boom, smoke, run, car?))[2009/11/03 00:27:21] <Narrator> you hear the steady pounding of rain on the mall roof[2009/11/03 00:27:32] <Erika> “We’ll soak one of the thermite sticks and the wick in alcohol, which will function as a wick, leading to the back of the store. Under the Thermite will be one NO2 tank. This mess will be at the front door. Afterwards comes the Steam Screen and we’ll make a break for it.”[2009/11/03 00:27:57] <Narrator> out in the hall you see several places where the rain is dripping through[2009/11/03 00:28:00] <Erika> “Is there any way we can open the door from the back of the store?”[2009/11/03 00:28:19] <Crandal> “Set a couple of the oxygen tanks with the nitrous, bigger boom.”[2009/11/03 00:28:41] <Crandal> “I think the explosion will take care of that Erika.”[2009/11/03 00:29:11] <Erika> “I don’t know which is better, setting the door flying or leaving the doors there and letting the hoarde be in the middle of it.”[2009/11/03 00:29:46] <Narrator> the mall starts to get cold as the storm gets worse.[2009/11/03 00:29:54] <Crandal> “Since we don’t have any real direct control on when it will explode, I say leave the door down, they may get to us before it explodes the other way.”[2009/11/03 00:30:01] * Erika looks for an umbrella in the meantime.[2009/11/03 00:30:12] <Erika> “Yeah, point.”[2009/11/03 00:30:16] <Narrator> as you discuss your plan the gate actually pitches forward an inch with a screech![2009/11/03 00:30:32] <Erika> “Okay, that’s our cue!”[2009/11/03 00:30:33] <Narrator> ( Crandal – your not very sneaky[2009/11/03 00:30:37] <Crandal> “And I’d say that’s our cue.”[2009/11/03 00:30:42] <Erika> “Begin Operation Greater Conflageration!”[2009/11/03 00:30:53] <Crandal> ((not had a chance yet.))[2009/11/03 00:31:16] <Crandal> “Next time…he gets to pick the name of the plan.”[2009/11/03 00:31:20] <Narrator> (but you are talking about explosives and charges and …[2009/11/03 00:31:38] <Crandal> ((and I’m a redneck, we like making things go boom))[2009/11/03 00:31:52] * Erika takes the needed goods and sets them up. NO2 on top of Oxy-Cans with thermite on top with a stream of alcohol running up to the wick.[2009/11/03 00:32:17] * Erika hands the DI-Bomb Stuff to Cran.[2009/11/03 00:32:28] <Erika> “You set off the cover, I’ll work the boom.”[2009/11/03 00:32:39] * Crandal makes sure there’s as many walls between us and the explosion[2009/11/03 00:33:01] * Crandal begins making some salt water in several large basins and gets ready to drop the dry-ice into them[2009/11/03 00:33:08] <Narrator> off in the distance you can hear a siren begin to wail[2009/11/03 00:33:21] <Erika> “…The hell?”[2009/11/03 00:33:33] <Riley> “what is that?!?”[2009/11/03 00:33:53] <Crandal> “Great, another smart one.”[2009/11/03 00:33:53] <Erika> “Forget it, we’ll deal with that AFTER we blow this joint, literally.”[2009/11/03 00:33:54] <Narrator> the rain seems to have stopped, but it is getting a lot colder[2009/11/03 00:34:22] <Erika> “All ready?”[2009/11/03 00:34:27] <Riley> ‘CHECK[2009/11/03 00:34:38] <Crandal> “Lets light this candle.”[2009/11/03 00:34:42] <Narrator> (6d6 erika, 3d6 Crandal[2009/11/03 00:34:58] <Narrator> (+2 each[2009/11/03 00:35:07] <Crandal> ((why not 6d6? smoke screen and all))[2009/11/03 00:35:14] <Crandal> 3d6[2009/11/03 00:35:15] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 3D6: 4 4 3 = 11[2009/11/03 00:35:18] <Erika> 6d6[2009/11/03 00:35:19] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 6D6: 3 3 5 5 3 2 = 21[2009/11/03 00:35:22] <Narrator> blowing things up is not sneaky[2009/11/03 00:35:24] <Crandal> ((>.<))[2009/11/03 00:35:29] <Erika> (He’s not, I am.)[2009/11/03 00:35:36] <Crandal> ((I’m not making boom, just making smoke screne))[2009/11/03 00:35:37] <Erika> (He’s makin’ a smoke screen.)[2009/11/03 00:35:47] <Narrator> ah okay 6[2009/11/03 00:35:53] <Crandal> 3d6[2009/11/03 00:35:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 00:55:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/03 00:35:56] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 3D6: 2 5 4 = 11[2009/11/03 00:35:57] <Erika> (And since “Zombies Burn…”)[2009/11/03 00:36:06] <Erika> “I have two successes.”[2009/11/03 00:36:09] <Crandal> ((phew, 2 non fear successes))[2009/11/03 00:36:11] <Narrator> well supply pool 3 zombie clock 3[2009/11/03 00:36:11] <Erika> ()*[2009/11/03 00:36:24] <Narrator> oh right +3 erika[2009/11/03 00:36:38] <Narrator> narrate away[2009/11/03 00:36:42] <Erika> “Remember, don’t try this at home.”[2009/11/03 00:36:43] <Crandal> ((erika has a bunch of successes then))[2009/11/03 00:36:56] <Crandal> “What home?”[2009/11/03 00:37:28] * Erika draws her lighter, flips the top, generates ignition and the moment they’d all been waiting for began.[2009/11/03 00:37:32] * Crandal drops the dry-ice into the basins of salt water and covers his mouth, it may only be a fog, but it’s still damn cold and just carbon dioxide[2009/11/03 00:38:14] * Erika watches as the flame carried across the alcohol, up the cans, across the tank engulfing the stick, lighting the magnesium.[2009/11/03 00:38:19] <Erika> “Show time.”[2009/11/03 00:38:44] <Narrator> (dogs and cats living together it’ll be anarchy…[2009/11/03 00:38:54] <Riley> “what are we waiting for?”[2009/11/03 00:39:33] <Narrator> the noise is nearly deafening[2009/11/03 00:39:52] <Crandal> ((for the thermite to make the tanks go boom))[2009/11/03 00:40:23] <Riley> “Lets get out of here”[2009/11/03 00:40:30] <Narrator> the inrush on air toward the blast pulls at your clothes[2009/11/03 00:40:34] * Erika throws her arms around her companions as she hits the deck while what can only be described as ‘FSSSHHHHHHHBAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM’ as the sequence of pyrotechnics went off in such a display that indeed the doors blasted forward paving one hell of a path in front of them. At the end of it all, the area looked pretty clean, other than a very charred look and the fact that some things were on fire now.[2009/11/03 00:41:07] <Narrator> the gate is open ;)[2009/11/03 00:41:26] <Erika> “Well Adam, I think the Thermie worked.”[2009/11/03 00:41:35] * Erika adjusts an imaginary beret.[2009/11/03 00:41:43] <Erika> Thermite*[2009/11/03 00:41:46] * Crandal watches as the fog generated from the dryice and saltwater begins to fill the area that used to be the gate.[2009/11/03 00:41:55] <Crandal> “Time to go before the fog disipates.”[2009/11/03 00:42:09] * Erika grabs her pipe, sticks and other junk and heads out.[2009/11/03 00:42:36] <Narrator> even in the heat of the blast and fire you can just catch the wisp of your breath in the cold air[2009/11/03 00:42:41] <Riley> ?me follows the others.[2009/11/03 00:42:44] * Crandal makes sure the revolver isn’t half-cocked and heads out, sticking to the walls and behind anything that’s there[2009/11/03 00:43:44] <Erika> “Cran.”[2009/11/03 00:43:57] <Crandal> “What?”[2009/11/03 00:44:01] <Erika> “Slink around here, see if there are any cars, preferably some sleak, black ones.”[2009/11/03 00:44:03] <Narrator> (you’ve pretty much obliterated anything IN the mall. continue narrating I’ll pop in when you meet more undead[2009/11/03 00:44:11] * Riley ready’s his bad and the tire iron knocking the head of anything that looks threatening.[2009/11/03 00:44:38] <Narrator> you can still hear the siren wailing[2009/11/03 00:44:53] * Erika admires her handywork with a single-note whistle.[2009/11/03 00:44:57] <Riley> “who popped that bloody siren?”[2009/11/03 00:45:00] <Narrator> you start to guess why it is suddenly so cold[2009/11/03 00:45:10] <Erika> “Shit…”[2009/11/03 00:45:35] <Crandal> “Fuck me sideways.”[2009/11/03 00:45:45] <Erika> “Riley, got anything that could pin one of those Berserkers in place?”[2009/11/03 00:46:08] <Narrator> BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM![2009/11/03 00:46:13] <Narrator> behind you the last bit of the second floor collapses in a heap[2009/11/03 00:46:24] <Erika> “Holy ass!”[2009/11/03 00:46:49] <Riley> “EFF ME RUNNING!!”[2009/11/03 00:47:05] * Riley thinks[2009/11/03 00:47:27] <Narrator> the mall is still strangely quiet except for your panting breaths, the distant siren and the crackle of the fire you set[2009/11/03 00:47:45] <Erika> “Screw a car, let’s beat it.”[2009/11/03 00:47:57] <Narrator> (***Riley thinks <- only 3 Dice to think[2009/11/03 00:48:04] <Erika> (lol)[2009/11/03 00:48:22] <Riley> 3d6[2009/11/03 00:48:25] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 3D6: 1 1 6 = 8[2009/11/03 00:48:27] <Riley> ((LOL))[2009/11/03 00:48:30] <Erika> (lolol)[2009/11/03 00:48:35] * Crandal looks around and ducks inside an open build-a-bear workshop[2009/11/03 00:48:41] <Riley> ((nearly failed and thinking))[2009/11/03 00:49:00] <Narrator> the mall entrance is just ahead. outside you see something that makes your heart sink[2009/11/03 00:49:02] * Erika takes cover with Cran.[2009/11/03 00:49:06] <Riley> “great.  we can love them todeath with a stuffed penguin[2009/11/03 00:49:19] <Riley> ?me ducks in with the others.[2009/11/03 00:49:22] <Narrator> pushing up against the doors is something scary[2009/11/03 00:49:28] * Erika whispers to Cran.[2009/11/03 00:49:41] <Erika> “I have an idea, get that flamer ready.”[2009/11/03 00:49:49] <Riley> “ok sitrep and brainstorm”[2009/11/03 00:49:49] <Erika> “But keep under cover.”[2009/11/03 00:50:06] <Narrator> a foot high snow drift has piled up[2009/11/03 00:50:23] <Erika> “Oh hell…”[2009/11/03 00:50:26] <Narrator> the glass is starting to frost over[2009/11/03 00:51:05] <Riley> “k folks. Dont take a genius to realize this is not the place to be!”[2009/11/03 00:51:18] * Crandal pumps the supersoaker before holding it in one hand and the revolver in the other[2009/11/03 00:51:36] <Erika> “Yeah, but the question is, is that natural… or is that the fault of one of these maggots…?”[2009/11/03 00:51:39] <Narrator> a cold wind blows down the mall hallway[2009/11/03 00:51:51] * Riley Grips the bad tighter and readies the chain in the other hand.[2009/11/03 00:52:07] <Narrator> (I assume you have reasonably warm clothing)[2009/11/03 00:52:10] <Riley> “may as well have a grappling weapon.”[2009/11/03 00:52:19] <Crandal> “I would say it’s not natural.”[2009/11/03 00:52:33] <Erika> (Erika is still wearin’ her body-tight T-Shirt and Blue Jeans.)[2009/11/03 00:52:49] <Riley> “no matter what it isnt natural”[2009/11/03 00:52:59] <Narrator> the wind dies off and then rushes back into your faces a moment later[2009/11/03 00:53:05] <Erika> “Stay here you two….”[2009/11/03 00:53:28] * Erika takes a deep breath and walks into the middle of the mall, facing the door.[2009/11/03 00:53:42] <Narrator> you hear a dull thumb that echoes through the mall then another then 3 in succession[2009/11/03 00:54:01] * Erika pulls out a Therm-stick and the zippo.[2009/11/03 00:54:51] <Narrator> the mall lights flicker to life for a moment and then fall back to darkness. the cold wind returns ruffling your hair[2009/11/03 00:55:46] <Erika> “I know you’re coming here.”[2009/11/03 00:55:51] <Narrator> A lone zombie steps into view at the far end of the hallway. she is covered with snow[2009/11/03 00:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 01:55:54): That was an hour? Time sure goes fast when the undead are haunting your every step![2009/11/03 00:55:54] <Igor> repeat reminder (next at 01:15:54): well – ding ding ding and all that. Increase the Zombie clock by one and reduce the supply pool by one![2009/11/03 00:56:01] <Erika> “Let’s get this dance over with.”[2009/11/03 00:56:20] <Narrator> supply 2 zombie clock 4[2009/11/03 00:56:46] <Narrator> starting…[2009/11/03 00:57:04] <Narrator> the cold wind starts again and picks up strength[2009/11/03 00:57:25] <Narrator> the lone zombie shuffles slowly nearer[2009/11/03 00:57:42] * Erika takes a couple steps back.[2009/11/03 00:57:44] <Narrator> glass shatters and the siren gets louder.[2009/11/03 00:57:49] <Narrator> the wind gets stronger[2009/11/03 00:58:09] * Erika waits until she begins to pass by where Cran is hiding.[2009/11/03 00:58:18] <Erika> “Well, aren’t you special.”[2009/11/03 00:58:27] <Erika> “You make it cold, good for you.”[2009/11/03 00:58:37] <Narrator> the pounding niose hits again. once, twice[2009/11/03 00:58:44] <Erika> “So, can you talk, like that buddy of your’s I crushed?”[2009/11/03 00:59:02] <Erika> “Or is making it cold all you can do?’[2009/11/03 00:59:25] <Narrator> a screeching metal sound breaks the silence and the howls ofn the dead[2009/11/03 00:59:25] <Crandal> “I don’t think that’s the one doing it……”[2009/11/03 00:59:32] <Narrator> asail you[2009/11/03 01:00:03] <Narrator> the snow in front of the doors is stomped flat and they doors fly open[2009/11/03 01:00:10] <Narrator> THEY ARE HEAR![2009/11/03 01:00:13] * Riley begins affixing the weights to the end of the chain.[2009/11/03 01:00:25] <Narrator> masses of dead bodeis are crepping throught eh door.[2009/11/03 01:00:35] <Narrator> more are behind the lone woman[2009/11/03 01:00:43] <Narrator> (zombie clock restes to zero[2009/11/03 01:00:52] <Erika> “What the f….”[2009/11/03 01:01:20] * Crandal sticks behind the wall of the shop[2009/11/03 01:01:23] <Crandal> 6d6[2009/11/03 01:01:26] <shotgundice> Crandal rolls 6D6: 6 3 4 5 4 1 = 23[2009/11/03 01:01:52] <Narrator> behind you- between the lone woman and you a mass of bodies starts to tumble from the second floor[2009/11/03 01:02:21] <Narrator> the first bodies hit the floor in a horrible splatter[2009/11/03 01:02:24] <Erika> “Oh… HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL!”[2009/11/03 01:02:38] <Riley> “SCREWBEANS!  we gotta get our OF HEAR![2009/11/03 01:02:49] <Narrator> slowly building a sft landing for the ones behind[2009/11/03 01:02:56] * Crandal sets the oxygen tank on the floor and knocks the nozel off the end of it, sending it flying straight at the lone woman. As the canister flys across the mall, Crandal rushes into another shop, one with 2 entrances to the mall proper, and begins spraying the babies down with the flamethrower.[2009/11/03 01:03:12] * Erika begins to take action![2009/11/03 01:03:15] <Narrator> (not sneaky? 3dice[2009/11/03 01:03:27] <Erika> 6d6[2009/11/03 01:03:28] <Narrator> oops 2[2009/11/03 01:03:31] <shotgundice> Erika rolls 6D6: 5 3 1 4 2 5 = 20[2009/11/03 01:03:40] <Crandal> ((he’s hiding, as soon as things start comming to him he hightails it out through the other entrance))[2009/11/03 01:03:48] <Erika> (Two non-fear successes.)[2009/11/03 01:03:56] <Narrator> so you are popping the cannister and running?[2009/11/03 01:04:02] <Narrator> then 6[2009/11/03 01:04:28] <Riley> 6d6[2009/11/03 01:04:30] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 2 4 3 2 6 5 = 22[2009/11/03 01:04:36] <Crandal> ((yeah, poped from where he was, then moved and sprayed with flamethrower, ready to run again))[2009/11/03 01:04:42] <Crandal> ((already got 3 successes, non fear))[2009/11/03 01:04:49] <Narrator> narrate away[2009/11/03 01:04:52] <Narrator> riley?[2009/11/03 01:05:49] <Riley> ((sorry was getting a drink really fast))[2009/11/03 01:06:24] <Narrator> the wind is starting to blow the snow into the main mall hallway[2009/11/03 01:06:27] * Erika lights the thermite stick, puts away the zippo, pulls out her Pipe, tosses the stick up and grand-slams the stick from the bottom side straight into the female zombie, knocking her back towards the Oxycan, the thermite igniting as she lands on the can, carving it’s way through her and setting off the can, blowing her and a ton of the forward bastards back to where they came from.[2009/11/03 01:07:41] <Narrator> (would that ruin your pipe? I’m still thermite novice – and AWESOME![2009/11/03 01:08:05] <Crandal> ((didn’t contact it long enough))[2009/11/03 01:08:10] <Narrator> (kk[2009/11/03 01:08:11] <Erika> (No, the thermite wasn’t ignited by that point. It only smacked againsted a thick plastic bottom.)[2009/11/03 01:08:36] <Riley> “didnt leave much to do there did ya? oh well at least its down”[2009/11/03 01:08:50] <Narrator> (with that kind of story and success I’d only take the pipe away if you wanted it to go away[2009/11/03 01:09:07] <Erika> “Shut up with yer complaining and help me out here!”[2009/11/03 01:09:20] <Erika> (lol)[2009/11/03 01:09:39] <Riley> ‘Whats left? we run!”[2009/11/03 01:10:00] <Erika> ( Narrator, how many are elft on each side?)[2009/11/03 01:10:05] <Erika> (left*)[2009/11/03 01:10:12] <Narrator> one of the mobs is in flaming tatters, the other is struggling through the therminte and the last is getting closer[2009/11/03 01:10:38] <Riley> 6d6[2009/11/03 01:10:40] <Narrator> (hey are still pouring from the ceiling but need to rebuild their  landing pad[2009/11/03 01:10:41] <shotgundice> Riley rolls 6D6: 2 5 4 3 1 5 = 20[2009/11/03 01:10:55] <Narrator> 1 non fear success[2009/11/03 01:10:55] <Crandal> ((and with that I’ve gotta call it a night, thanks for the game))[2009/11/03 01:11:15] <Narrator> thanks much the second half went much better than the first I think

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.